The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

i am sure they did bring somebody 4 kids and she was going out with the sisters shopping, having a nanny i am sure would make easier theor trip, so i am sure they have specially foor the twins!

Old 12-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

they must of course have had nannies helping them, plus a delegation coming with them, including mary's lady in waiting, and potentially the babies' danish nanny. no other way to take care of the kids otherwise when they were on engagements and also travelling around the cities. i expect some of the personnel (including at least the security guards) stayed for the personal visit and helped with the travelling arrangements.

they flew commercial inbound. however, these days first class is desertic with the recession and only has high level managers who are anyways too busy to care about who flies with them.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

so strange that royals don't fly with the royal heirs, I mean I get it. It seems strange to me. but I guess Frederik has lived this way his whole life!
Old 12-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

M&F had nannies for the official part of the tour. Perhaps they made do with only one or none for the Tasmanian holiday? I'm sure Mary's family were only too happy to help with nieces and nephews.

Whilst it will be difficult traveling with the twins alone, it is do-able. Maybe a nanny met them in mainland Australia for the outbound flights?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Why should the mother have all four and the father none of the children. I assume they have reasonable roles among themselves regarding the children and the least Fredrik could do is to take one child. Besides the royal family split up the heirs while travelling. If either plane goes down at least either Fredrik and the third in line is ok or the second in line will be around.
Exactly! According to the protocol the family has chosen to follow the only child who can't travel with his father is Christian and it's not like the kids are any more Mary's job than they are Frederik's.

As far as I can remember this is the first time ANY of the children have flown with their father on these long flights.... I'd be tempted to stick him with the twins as well.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
so strange that royals don't fly with the royal heirs, I mean I get it. It seems strange to me. but I guess Frederik has lived this way his whole life!
The president and vice president of the US never fly on the same plane and I am sure that is the case for most countries. Many corporations have rules regarding which of the executives can not be on the same flight.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

It makes sense that Christian can never travel via plane with his Father. If Mary is still breastfeeding the twins, then she would naturally need to travel with them. I'm sure they travel with SOME staff- even if it is their security detail, there will be extra hands to help CP Mary and the children. It also makes sense, that Isabella might go with her dad. In the event something tragic would happen to Mary's plane (God Forbid!), there would still be an heir to the throne.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

No doubt, that they brought a nanny with them at the official tour. Anything else would be strange. (even though, I have not seen any nanny on any images, neither on paparazzi pics at the arrival or the departure at airports?!)

But I'm pretty sure they don't bring a nanny with them during their private visit to Tasmania. And why should they? They have travelled without nannies before. Frederik and Mary seems to be very hands-on parents IMO.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Commoner

whilst not doubting Mary's ability to handle the twins (and Christian) Most commercial airlines have rules about the number of responsible adults travelling with infants. I am not sure how 'Hands On' their security detail would get but do think they must have some Children's helper with them.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Nobility

I'm sure there was at least one additional adult to help Mary with the babes and Christian. Especially on such a long flight.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
(...)

And we have this:

M&F also visited the east coast of Tasmania for a couple days. Here Mary's uncle (Farbror **) lives, with his wife, Alice.
Some of Mary's cousins also live nearby.

Mary's family are fond of cricket and Frederik attended a match in Tasmanian Cricket Associations' Lounge.

Isabella preferred the local playground and went there Saturday with aunt (moster) Jane.

There is no mentioning in the article about Mary's brother, nor when M&F will leave for Denmark.

(*) I don't believe it's the dress shown in a big picture in the article, because the only credits are BB's own photographer and Twitter. The Twitter pic is with the two girls who posed with Mary).

(**) We have a myriad of names for relatives in Danish, so let's go through some of them again.
Onkel - Uncle in general or someone who has been married into the family.
Farbror - Uncle, father's brother.
Morbror - Uncle, mother's brother.
Tante - Aunt in general or someone who has married into the family.
Moster - Aunt, mother's sister.
Faster - Aunt, father's sister.
Grandtante - Great aunt, the sister of one of your grandparents.
Grandonkel - Great uncle, the brother of one of your grandparents.

Muhler,
I read in an Australian magazine before the tour that Mary's brother John is in the process of moving from Queensland to Western Australia and neither he nor his family would be able to see M&F or the children during this trip. His wife Leanne was quoted as saying she was disappointed because only John (as godfather) had met the twins.

BTW I'm still getting used to using the quote function so please forgive if I made a mistake!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frederik is rocking that Hello Kitty backpack indeed. As an older sister myself, I can imagine it must be wonderful for Isabella to have her father all for herself for the flight back home, it can get a bit crowded with younger siblings sometimes
I had hoped for some official pictures from Tasmania (like we got from Bella's first visit), but I guess they wanted a bit of privacy and who can blame them that really.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rosie View Post
M&F had nannies for the official part of the tour. Perhaps they made do with only one or none for the Tasmanian holiday? I'm sure Mary's family were only too happy to help with nieces and nephews.

Whilst it will be difficult traveling with the twins alone, it is do-able. Maybe a nanny met them in mainland Australia for the outbound flights?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
No doubt, that they brought a nanny with them at the official tour. Anything else would be strange. (even though, I have not seen any nanny on any images, neither on paparazzi pics at the arrival or the departure at airports?!)

But I'm pretty sure they don't bring a nanny with them during their private visit to Tasmania. And why should they? They have travelled without nannies before. Frederik and Mary seems to be very hands-on parents IMO.
Thank you, both You have made my point clear
Old 12-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
It is crazy if they did not bring a nany with them! 4 kids in small age and out of their home, their thoys... Very difficult to handle. They should have a help.
It's not crazy ! My grand mother had 6 children and she didn't have any help. I know she was not a princess but I think CP Mary can handle it for the holidays.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
Would a nonroyal parentcouple bring a nanny with them on familiyvacation where they are visiting family? I don´t think so, so why should CP Frederik and CPss Mary?
On a previous visit home, Mary had a nanny with her at her sister's house.

Mary's Father and wife were also there this time and maybe they are
flying home with her.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I have read in some newspaper that Frederik and Mary don't bring a nanny with them to Tasmania. And my feeling is also that they don't.

So my theory is that Isabella travels with Frederick to relieve Mary a little bit. I can imagine, that a 25 hour flight, with four so small children, can be hard if you only are one parent.

Christian never fly with his dad and the twins are still so small that they need their mother at such a long flight. But Isabella can easily travel with Frederik and have 25 hours with her ​​father's full attention
If Mary did not bring a nanny, then she will count on Prince Christian for help with the little ones. It will be good training for him, but I do not envy this family
Old 12-18-2011, 02:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
Mary's Father and wife were also there this time and maybe they are
flying home with her.
An article in themercury says, that Mary's sister also boarded the plane,
but that doesn't mean she is going all the way to Denmark.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you Nordic.

Here is the link to the article:

Mary's Tassie trip finishes Tasmania News - The Mercury - The Voice of Tasmania
Old 12-18-2011, 03:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS

It's not crazy ! My grand mother had 6 children and she didn't have any help. I know she was not a princess but I think CP Mary can handle it for the holidays.
Bravo to your grand mother but could she afford a nany? They are millions of people who perfectly raise their kids without help, BUT people who can afford a help usually have a help. Mary and Fred can afford a nany and do have a nany., so for me its strange to leavr her at home when they travel with 4 kids.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieS View Post
I am sure you are right. If they were staying with family it means plenty of Aunts, Uncles and cousins, not to mention loads of in-laws and friends available to help.

It is said, "It takes a village to raise a child", and I am sure that the rellies would have all been dying to lend a hand.