General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 10: December 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been in Copenhagen all day and didn't return home in time to watch TV2's "Year of the Danish royal family." :nonono: I must be unlucky this year :whistling:
You didn't miss much.
No, it was indeed a new low for TV2. Among things they got wrong was about the christening of Princess Estelle, where they said "The Swedish Crown Prince Couple" and later on when showing the Husars they said "The Royal Lifeguard". How hard can it be to get these things right? It´s not a liveshow :bang:

You didn't miss much.

Even though it covered all major royal events, like QEII's jubilee and the wedding in Luxembourg, it wasn't as informative as DR1's coverage.
Ulla Terkelsen had some good inputs as always.

Yes, Annemette Krakau basically pointed out that Mary is now so well established in her work that she is now focusing not only on being a good representative for DK but also on how she can genuinely make a difference. Hence her recent commitment in Africa.

No, it was indeed a new low for TV2.

I knew it :whistling: I found TV2's "The year in the Danish royal family" a lot better a few years back.

But I'm happy to hear that TV2 apparently had a good coverage of all Frederik and Mary's official travels during the year. I missed some focus on them in the program on DR1.

However, I would like to see the program from TV2. Do you think I can find it online?

Last edited:
I agree, the quality of TV2's program was bad (but then again, one shouldn't expect much from that channel, these last couple of years have been a downwards slide for them :whistling:), I have always preferred DR's programs about the royal family - especially whenever they include Anna von Lowzow, she's just excellent. Haven't actually seen DR's program yet, but am planning to watch it online one of these days.

However, I would like to see the program from TV2. Do you think I can find it online?

TV2 Sputnik, but you have to pay for it.
However, I'd be extremely surprised if they don't re-run it before New Year.

I love the one from 2011, I just wish they had included all of Josephine in the picture, it still bothers me that she's only "half there" so to speak. The one from 2010 is adorable too :wub:

Thank you for posting all of them Roskilde :flowers:

Yes, Thank you for posting all of them Roskilde:flowers::flowers:

i think I like 2010 the best, mostly because at this point they know the twins are coming.

but 2006 and 2009 are great too.

its nice that they include Ziggy too :)

They make one beautiful family. I think it's just beautiful to see a family growing and full of love.

Last edited:
I thought that their Christmas card would have been out by now. It's usually on the front page of BB, which is out every Thursday, no?

I love the one from 2011, I just wish they had included all of Josephine in the picture, it still bothers me that she's only "half there" so to speak. The one from 2010 is adorable too.
I think the one from 2011 is a really bad picture,I don't understand why anyone would pick it for a Christmas card. Josephine is half cut off and all four of them don't look too happy (Christian and Isabella stressed and the twins grumpy). I also don't like black/white photography when it comes off as "grey".
They had a wonderful family picture released in November 2011. I would have re-used that for the Christmas card.

I like 2005, 2008 and 2010 best. Those pictures radiate love and joy.

Thank you Roskilde, it brings back memories seeing the older cards. Looking forward to this years card of all six of them plus one --being Ziggy the dog who is very much a part of the family. I think Christian & Isabella are lucky to have such cute little playmates. Who needs toys when you've got these two to play with.

Merry Christmas

Thank you Roskilde for going to the trouble of compiling the Christmas cards. They are beautiful! And to Muhler for your efforts.

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas. I have popped in throughout the year but life here has been hectic and don't get time to add anything meaningful to the threads.

A very cloudy, rainy, humid day here in our part of Australia. Hope you all have a happy day.

Is there a special reason for this move?

Yes, it´s summer. They will move around the 16th of April :)

Just like the Regent Couple :)

:previous:
I can imagine that Fredensborg is about 35-45 minutes away from Amalienborg (our summer house in Tisvildeleje is somewhat further away from Fredensborg and it takes us approximately 50-60 minutes to drive there). I'm sure that Christian will be driven from Fredensborg to Tranegårdskolen every morning which means he'll have to leave about 15-20 minutes earlier than normal, but it'll be manageable. I suspect Bella might have stopped in her kindergarden by then (seeing as she'll start school after the summer break). The summer break starts on 29 June.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #52, 2012.
Tilbage til Kancellihuset - Back to Kancellihuset.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Around QMII's birthday on 16th April next year M&F will move in at Kancellihuset for the summer.
That is hardly surprising as that has been the plan since they moved in at Amalienborg.
There are considerable advantages with living in Fredensborg, epsecially for the children.
First and foremost it's a lovely place, where Mary previously has been observed running in the park almost daily.
But the children will be able to just run out the door and out into the garden whenever they want to. As it is now, a trip to a nearby playground or just cycling has to be arranged beforehand. Because the nannies first and foremost deal with the twins and only when they are taken care of, can they take Christian and Isabella somewhere. And PET also needs to be notified in advance.

Kancellihuset is large, 700 square meters and the family live on the ground floor. All that is required are some beds for the twins and a few furnitures here and there before the family can move in for the summer.

Isabella will also start in preschool/0. grade in August next year, so both she and Christian will be driven a fair distance every day. (Presumably M&F will drop them off on the way to the office at Amalienborg).
The twins will aparently start in the nursery at Dronning Louises Asyl, near Fredensborg, where Christian also went. (See the Fredensborg thread).

May I ask if such a move to The Chancellery House for a period at around the same time as QM the start of a gradual progression to align the Crown Prince Couple's residence with that of the Queen?

Is the advantage that it is in a more relaxed setting for the warmer months? Or is it purely tradition that dictates the movement from one residence to another?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

May I ask if such a move to The Chancellery House for a period at around the same time as QM the start of a gradual progression to align the Crown Prince Couple's residence with that of the Queen?

Is the advantage that it is in a more relaxed setting for the warmer months? Or is it purely tradition that dictates the movement from one residence to another?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

I think you are right on both accounts.
There have for the past few years been very distinct signs that M&F are now in earnest standing in for the Regent Couple.
The twins don't require that much attention now and M&F have now established their own court and last but not least, Mary in particular is now so seasoned that should QMII die tomorrow, M&F will be able to take over without much difficulty.

Moving from residence to residence over the year is an ancient tradition. Beforehand kings had to constantly be on the move in order to run the realm. Later on this has evolved into the DRF maintaining their affilliation with various parts of the country simply be being physically present - and believe me, that means a lot!
It would be equivalent to say the US President living in Washington, California, Iowa and Texas throughout his term in office simply to lessen the distance between the people and the central administration on the East Coast.
That is the case here in DK. During the period of Absolutism (1660's-1849) the kings were rarely seen outside Copenhagen and as such Copenhagen became the only place where anything happened and the bonds between the people and the kings became somewhat loose.

Last edited:
Thank you Muhler. History is such an interesting topic. You present it well. I am assuming that when the twins start kindergarten at some stage they will attend the same one Christian and Bella when they were at The Chancellery House?

Mary in particular seems to have settled into her role as Crown Princess and as you say they are in training for the roles of King and Queen. For Frederik this has been his destiny but for Mary to seem so confident and regal now is lovely to see.

I'm pretty sure that I have read an interview with Crown Prince Frederik, in which he says that one of the reasons they chose the school in Gentofte to Christian was the opportunity to live in both places, Amalienborg and The Chancellery House, without too long way to school.

I think it's great for the family that they will move to "the country" during the summer months. Not only for the children, but for Frederik and Mary too. They both seem to be lovers of nature and I can imagine that The Chancellery House and the area around it is great for a young family with four young children. On the other hand, it also seems like that the family has settled in very well in their home at Amailienborg.

http://www.ses.dk/~/media/Images/Sl...et_foto_Slots-og-Ejendomsstyrelsen.ashx?w=246

I don't know where to post this, so now it will be in this thread...

http://www.b.dk/nationalt/her-er-aarets-mest-laeste-historier

I found this article on Berlingske Tidende's website. A Danish newspaper of the more serious ones. It is a summary of the newspaper's most read articles in 2012. And the most read article out of all the newspaper articles in 2012 is the article with Crown Princess Mary who was interviewed when she in February celebrated her 40th birthday. I don't know how interesting you will find it, but I think it pretty well shows how much interest most Danes have in our royal family, and probably especially in The Crown Prince Couple and The Queen.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder if Mary and Frederik will release pictures from Vincent and Josephine's 2nd b-day.
i may be wrong but dont they release pictures of the children from 2 and 2 years? i think Joachim does the same for his children, Nikolai and Felix didnt have theirs in 2012, but this year they will, as well as Athena first b-day... or...im wrong?

i wonder if Mary and Frederik will release pictures from Vincent and Josephine's 2nd b-day.

To me, it seems like Mary and Frederik will release official pictures taken by a photographer at events like their children's birth, their children's baptism, their childrens 1-year birthday, their children's first half round birthday (5-year birthday), etc. It isn't customary to publish official pictures each time the Danish royals has birthday, but since Mary and Frederik published the lovely pictures (Mary's own private pictures) on the occasion of both Isabella and Christian's birthdays in 2012, I think that it maybe will become a tradition. Official pictures taken by a photographer at the more significant birthdays and Mary's own more private pictures at birthdays as 2,3,4 years, etc.

If we take a look at the Danish royal calendar, it almost looks like there will be added new pictures of the little Vincent and Josephine, doesn't it? :D

http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/kalender/dkh-prins-vincent-og-prinsesse-josephines-fodselsdag

Last edited by a moderator:
A note in Billed Bladet #1, 2013,

Informs us that M&F, with children, went to Northern Jutland a couple of days prior to New Years Eve, to celebrate the new year with some friends.

My guess is that they went to Trend, and celebrated New Years Eve at some friends who IRRC have an estate just north of Limfjorden. I can't remember the names.

i may be wrong but dont they release pictures of the children from 2 and 2 years? i think Joachim does the same for his children, Nikolai and Felix didnt have theirs in 2012, but this year they will, as well as Athena first b-day... or...im wrong?
IIRC then Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix had some photos released around Nikolai´s birthday :flowers:
There has always been photos of Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix at their birthdays :flowers:

If we take a look at the Danish royal calendar, it almost looks like there will be added new pictures of the little Vincent and Josephine, doesn't it? :D

D.K.H. Prins Vincent og Prinsesse Josephines fødselsdag. - Kongehuset
Not necessarily. I don´t remember the CPC has released photos of Prince Christian or Pss Isabella at their 2nd birthday.
And birthdays are always noted in the calendar :flowers:

A note in Billed Bladet #1, 2013,

Informs us that M&F, with children, went to Northern Jutland a couple of days prior to New Years Eve, to celebrate the new year with some friends.

My guess is that they went to Trend, and celebrated New Years Eve at some friends who IRRC have an estate just north of Limfjorden. I can't remember the names.
That will be Marie Louise (Malou) and Jørgen Skeel at Birkelse Gods :flowers:

all four kids are lovely and look like a handful :ROFLMAO:
nice to see the youngest two in sun protection shirts.

Billed Bladet mentions that it most likely is Mary who took the picture and that it is photographed during their summer vacation at Gråsten Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom