The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Crown Princess Mary pictured on a rainy day in Copenhagen, October 5, 2012:

** ppe gallery **

Old 10-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

mary went shopping to the apair shop in copenhagen with her stylist anja aladji. we may shortly see her sporting one of these brands:

Brands

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess we can place this here: Marys tasmanske djævle er døde - TV 2 Nyhederne

In 2006, in connection with the birth of Christian, Mary got as a present four Tamanian Devils, - you know the aggressive marsupials. Google hasn't got a translation for pungdjævle, and I can't remember what they are called in English.
Aaaanyway, these four critters were billeted in Copenhagen Zoo. Now, alas, they have all passed away. Having died from old age.
But as this is written four new Devils have been flown in from Tasmania to start a new life in Copenhagen Zoo, where they will hopefully also die of old age after a long and happy life growling at anything else.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

LOL this is funny! Long life to the growling little devils.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Majesty

What a cute story! Thank you for sharing.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
mary went shopping to the apair shop in copenhagen with her stylist anja aladji. we may shortly see her sporting one of these brands:

Brands
What? More shoes?

Old 10-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Billed Bladet now also has the story about the Tasmanian devils, this time with a picture: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Marys tasmanske djævle er døde

That reminded me of a sketch with the actor Ulf Pilgaard, who for many years has impersonated QMII, his impersonations are very good, sometimes uncanny! http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/ar...___667349m.jpg He/she is here posing with the twins, doing some prince-sitting again.

In the sketch, he, that is QMII, told the audience that Frederik had told her that he and Mary had just come back after seeing the Tasmanian devils and she admonished him: "Frederik, you don't talk about your parents-in-law like that"!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sad to hear about the ... "devils", but I am glad that they are getting some new. Everytime I've been to Copenhagen Zoo I've been trying to get to see them, when I finally managed to (you'd be surprised as to how many times I've failed to see them) I kinda expected to see something like this (I blame Disney) and was slightly disappointed to find that they look nothing like that.

Ulf Pilgaard's impressions of QMII always have me on the floor laughing, he is hilarious and that sketch is also just absolutely wonderful

Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Billed Bladet now also has the story about the Tasmanian devils, this time with a picture: Billed-Bladet - Kronprinsesse Marys tasmanske djævle er døde

That reminded me of a sketch with the actor Ulf Pilgaard, who for many years has impersonated QMII, his impersonations are very good, sometimes uncanny! http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/ar...___667349m.jpg He/she is here posing with the twins, doing some prince-sitting again.

In the sketch, he, that is QMII, told the audience that Frederik had told her that he and Mary had just come back after seeing the Tasmanian devils and she admonished him: "Frederik, you don't talk about your parents-in-law like that"!
thank you for the story its hilarious
i love that picture of the "Queen" holding the twins
Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
What? More shoes?

But she has such nice (gorgeous, fantastic, wonderful, marvelous) shoes . . . I live vicariously through her shoes! More is definitely good!!!
Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
But she has such nice (gorgeous, fantastic, wonderful, marvelous) shoes . . . I live vicariously through her shoes! More is definitely good!!!
Yes me too!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:

That is just priceless .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

My pleasure, ladies

This is really a piece of general trivia about the whole DRF but I'll place it here and then we'll see where it may end up.

Translation of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #42, 2012.
Where a Jens Schultz asks: What do the royals do if they want to see a current movie in the cinema?

Jon Bloch Skipper replies:
The members of the DRF are usually invited to the gala premiere when a new Danish movie is out.
It happens that they accept the invitation, as for example the CP-couple did when Ole Christian Madsen's "The Flame and the Lemon" Flame and Citron (2008) - IMDb had prmiere in Imperial (a cinema) in the spring of 2008.
If the royals feel like seeing a movie on a weekday or during the weekend, they simply go to the cinema like the rest of us. They are of course noticed, but they are usually left alone, which they no doubt prefer in such a situation.
As mentioned before it's important that the Danes in general and the press in particular allow the DRF to have a private life - also when it from time to time takes place in public.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In 2006, in connection with the birth of Christian, Mary got as a present four Tamanian Devils, - you know the aggressive marsupials. Google hasn't got a translation for pungdjævle, and I can't remember what they are called in English.
You got it right, Muhler. Tasmanian Devil is the common name. And their scientific name being Sarcophilus harrisii (I think we'll stick with 'TD' ).

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Madame Royale

Tasmanian Devils it is then. They have incidentally recieved a surprisingly amount of coverage in the press, including info on the ongoing cancer epidemic among the animals.
It appears the more placid have a greater chance of not getting the decease than the more grumpy ones, so they may eventually end up dropping Devil in their name.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, the cancerous tumors have devestated numbers in the wild; and what's really concerning is that this strain of cancer is infectious amongst the devil population which is why so many fall victim.

A little insight...

When white settlers arrived/invaded (whichever), they thought the squeeling growl of the marsupial was that of a devil or banshee (they were a superstitious lot). These little bone crunching 'terrors' scared the daylights out of people because they are primarily nocturnal so no one knew what one looked like which only heightened the fears of those who heard it's calling card.

Tasmania's wilderness/forestry is dense and there are many hidden gullies and canyon's which echo far and wide meaning that the devil could be heard from miles away. And in the dead of night, surrounded by complete darkness with only a camp fire and barrels of gin to pacify their fears, it's little wonder they were scared stiff!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

intresting insight Madame Royale, thank you
Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Danish bt.dk reports of a little accident Crown Princess Mary had in Copenhagen yesterday afternoon, she drove by car and touched a cyclist. Fortunately nothing serious happened, an eyewitness told bt.dk "They were both shocked, and I think the lady on the bike got an extra shock when she discovered who she was facing".

** bt.dk: Kronprinsesse Mary i højresvingsulykke: Kørte ind i cyklist **
Old 10-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Kronprinsesse Mary i højresvingsulykke: Kørte ind i cyklist - Royale | www.bt.dk

Mary accidentally hit a cyclist with her car today, while driving in Copenhagen city.
Mary was turning right and apparantly failed to notice a cyclist who got hit and fell.

A man who wittnessed the incident said: "She turns right and the cyclist is riding sort of in her own world and then they crashed. They were both shocked and I think the lady on the bike got an extra shock when she discovered who she faced".

PET who as always ascorted Mary in another car will not comment: "We never issue statements in cases where we are bodyguards for specific persons".

- Well, it seems like nothing happened apart from a scare.
Mind you, cyclist are more often than not reincarnated Kamikaze pilots on two wheels. Completely oblivious to any traffic rules and the world around them.

ADDED: Billed BLadet has more on the story: http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...sin%20bil.aspx

Lene Balleby from the court says: "The Crown Princess didnt notice the cyclist at all, there was a dead angle on the car".

She adds: "The Crown Princess has afterwards been in contact with the cyclist to ensure that she is well".
Old 10-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
- Well, it seems like nothing happened apart from a scare.
Mind you, cyclist are more often than not reincarnated Kamikaze pilots on two wheels. Completely oblivious to any traffic rules and the world around them.
Bit of a sweeping statement regarding cyclists and in this case you have no idea who was at fault, if indeed there is anyone at fault.
Mary could have been driving like a 'Kamikaze' pilot for all you or I know.