General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot find it...:ermm: Don't know exactly where the house is situated on the grounds.
How many square metres do they live on? I guess a lot.

It says that Mary's father and step-mother have gone on vacation to Tasmania, tells about their last trip, when Christian was a year old, and says that Mary's sister doesn't know (or doesn't think) that she has any plans to come anytime soon.

It's strange that her sister doesn't know because it has been announce that they will be in Tasmania this year to present little Isabella to Mary's Australian family!

If Mary does have plans to return for a private visit, they won't be announced. I believe with the last trip it was known they would be going in November but no one knew when.

I cannot find it...:ermm: Don't know exactly where the house is situated on the grounds.
How many square metres do they live on? I guess a lot.

According to this link, TV 2 Nyhederne - Hjemlige hyggestunder i Kancellihuset, there is 1000 square metres on the ground floor and 450 on the first floor.

As to the situation of Kancellihuset on the grounds, this link might be helpful:
Slots- og Ejendomsstyrelsen - Fredensborg Palace and Palace Gardens - The Chancellery House; click 'Fredensborg Palace Gardens' in the box to the right (under 'Discover'), and click 'Map of the gardens' in the screen that displays.
Hope this answers your questions :flowers:

When was it announced they were visting Tasmania? Was it today? Otherwise I have not heard this. Usually when they are asked they say they might go, but thats it.

You're right, Fashionista, there hasn't been an announcement. Frederik is on his way to Key West, Florida next week, 21-25, to participate in a sailing event. While on the 24 Mary has an event scheduled.

Since it's been a pretty slow month, so far, there is a small article in Se og Hor. Click [url=http://www.seoghoer.dk/Royalt/Mary%20dropper%20Ole.aspx]here[/URL] to read it.

The story is nothing big, but whatever.:)

When was it announced they were visting Tasmania? Was it today? Otherwise I have not heard this. Usually when they are asked they say they might go, but thats it.

There was an announcment though not an official one in December that the couple where to visit Austrailia. No date of the visit was given :cool:

Oh, so Mary's all alone next week with Fred in Florida and her parents down under...Well, I guess, she has some friends :D and is hardly ever alone as a royal.

I think in the interview Fred reveled that they should go this year to Australia to introduce Isabella to the other part of the family, that's where I read it!

I think in the interview Fred reveled that they should go this year to Australia to introduce Isabella to the other part of the family, that's where I read it!

How often does Mary travel to Australia? Does Mary's family ever visit her in Denmark?

Mary and Frederik travel to Australia every two or so years. At least there abouts.

Therere was the Australian Tour of early 2005, they then brohght Christian over in late 2006, and apparently visiting again sometime this year with both Christian and Isabella.

Mary's elder sister Jane has made a few visits to Denmark. After Mary gave birth to Christian, again for the Christening (she was accompanied by their sister Patricia), made a visit with her husband and children and also visited after the birth of Isabella, I do believe.

I think Frederick said they would try and get to Australia. I don't think he said they would go this year. It's so far away and needs major planning. But I think her family comes to Denmark more. But I can't be sure on that point.

I think Frederick said they would try and get to Australia. I don't think he said they would go this year. It's so far away and needs major planning. But I think her family comes to Denmark more. But I can't be sure on that point.

Thank you Fashionista. This seems to make sense. It would be much easier for her family to go to Denmark than for Mary to travel to Australia. I'm sure the details are easier for the royal family to arrange when people come to them, not the other way around.

well if my sister was a princess i'd want to go visit her and stay in a palace, but i'm sure mary gets "homesick" some days (especially really cold days, thinking about a beach ;) and enjoys going to visit where she is "normal" (i mean you know her siblings aren't going to give her slack just because she's a princess lol) i would imagine security plans alone, takes awhile to plan properly.

i know that mary's father was originally from scotland and i wondered if there are any relatives there and have mary, fred and family ever visited?

It is my understanding that there is family still living in Scotland, how often she sees them is unknown at this time.

i know that mary's father was originally from scotland and i wondered if there are any relatives there and have mary, fred and family ever visited?

Mary has lots of family there. I recall that the couple visited Scotland on hunting trip back in 2005, don't know whether they did or did not visit Mary's family though.

Well she also worked in Scotland for 3 months prior to meeting Fred. Also, her Scottish relatives were at the weddings and Christenings too. But I think it is her father that is closer to them than Mary. He grew up around them. Mary most likely did not have a lot of contact. It's more her extended family.

Well she also worked in Scotland for 3 months prior to meeting Fred. Also, her Scottish relatives were at the weddings and Christenings too. But I think it is her father that is closer to them than Mary. He grew up around them. Mary most likely did not have a lot of contact. It's more her extended family.

How do you know it ,Fashiomista100? I never heard about it.

Working in Scotland was posted on her official CV on the royal families webpage. The list of attendees is also posted to the public for the christening and wedding.

The discussion regarding Frederik's presentation of the national handball team trophy can be found here.

Hello people! I have a question...nothing related with Mary´s possible pregnancy...However, I want to know something...Does Frederik have a tattoo in his leg???????? If somedy Knows..please answer me!!! Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes he has a special forces tatoo on the calf of his leg (i think it's circling sharks)

He has one shark on his outer leg. The shark is in the swimming motion (meaning to endure) with it's body curved in a side "U" with it's head facing towards the front of his body.

Yes, it's the DNSF insignia, but the shark symbol means to endure, protection, strength, power, and also means that the person who sports one is not afraid to die.

He also has another tattoo which is his nickname, Pingo, on his left arm

To read more about it click [url=http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/RoyalScribe/040503.html]here[/URL]. Or to join in on the ongoing discussion regarding Frederik and others, click [url=http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/royal-tattoos-9478.html]here[/URL].

I never liked tatoos. Much less in a Prince. I was almost in love with Crownprince Frederick, but the first time I saw his "shark" I was suddenly awakened from my rosy dreams of the lovely prince who comes to kiss Cinderella ..UGH! :yuk: Oh, me, and my stupid tendency of idealizing people...Yuck.

Vanesa.:ROFLMAO:

I am not a big tatoo fan either, but the tatoos make him seem more human. I wonder if he will keep them forever, or if he will have them removed when he gets older? Many people tend to regret tatoos when they are older.

Personally, I doubt he would get rid of his tattoos whe he gets older,his grandfather didn't, and they are military/navy tattoos so they have meaning to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom