General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics Her_Majesty. These are the much anticipated photos we have been waiting for :)

Good relation after all

;)
well we can now see tha these two "Marias" are good friends:wub: I like to see them both together they are young and a part of the same family so t is good for them tha they get well along!Iam very happ for them:)

i'm happy for them also, i firmly believe women need good friends/sisters to confide in and giggle with - it's good for the soul. when i get with my friends it's like we're in college again, acting silly, laughing, getting in touch with our "young" side, forgetting our responsibilities and just enjoying each other. I hope they become as close as sisters (since i'm sure Mary misses hers very much). marie is lucky to have mary, mary was alone to learn the ropes, but marie has an ally and someone to watch her back. i think it's wonderful.

I really like these new pictures! It's nice to see that they're trying to get to know each other better. Mary will probably be a great mentor for Marie, since, as someone said, Mary might have had to go it pretty much alone, since I personally think, at that point, that Joachim and Alexandra's marriage was pretty much over, they were just keeping it together until after the F&M wedding. They also look so much like sisters. Mary probably misses hers, and I'm not sure, but don't think Marie has any, so it will be nice for these ladies if they have a close sister-in-law to turn to, too.

I was waiting for some sign of a relationship between Mary and Alexandra when Mary first joined the family, but since Alexandra and Joachim were about to divorce, it never happened. I also think it is easier for Mary to welcome a new sister-in-law, since she is not stepping aside, whereas Alexandra lost something when Mary joined the family (the spotlight) so the dynamic was different. I still think the royal family was more interesting when Alexandra was princess.

Mary and Marie look a lot less alike when you see them side by side.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gald Mary and Marie are getting along. My family has problems getting along with in-laws and I don't want to go into it but I will say this It's better for the family if everyone gets along.

When do they ever comment on public speculation or slander at any length?
In my opinion, the royals are above that.

Besides, subjects (~ readers) have a critical sense too, and we know that everything magazines write aren't always true.

I think many famous people live by this rule: Once you start denying rumours and slander, the consequence will be that things you don't deny becomes the truth.

So, best thing is to keep your mouth clammed up.

The Swedish King did some comments on a rude tv-show ("Hey Barberiba") that continously portraied him and his family as idiots. Now, he didn't comment the particular stories they made up (which was pure fiction), just said it made him truly sad and wish they would stop. Which they did after finalising that season.

Well, you never really know about people. The fact that Joachim and Frederick are brothers doesn't necessarily mean that they have the same view on marriage. Divorce may have been acceptable to Joachim and Alex, but it may not be acceptable to Fred and Mary. If Fred and Mary have any extreme marital problems, they may choose to work on it and stay together.

We still have no idea what happened between Joachim and Alex. They felt that whatever was broken couldn't be fixed and ended their marriage and both have literally move on. Fred and Mary may feel different about problems that they may face and choose to stick it out.
Come on, :angel:
Alexandra met Martin Jørgensen before the divorce was even a subject.

Had the press gone public with this while she still was married to Prince Joachim, it does'nt take the brain of a nobel prize winner to see it would be a totally unacceptable position for Prince Joachim.

I agree with these thoughts; I think CP Frederik is more committed to make it work as Prince Joachim. Frederik is obviously the one who felt he suffered through their childhood. Joachim has never stated anything like it. (I just don't think there are so many ''inner depth'' levels in Joachim.) It's a different discussion.

In my opinion, the royals are above that.

Then we share a common opinion...:)

Royals are not celebrities, no matter how much they are portrayed or spoken about in magazines or on television.

Oh, I love Mary's and Fred's "private" photo.
This may be a stupid question, but are those photos manipulated later, even a little? They look so perfect.:wub: Or are those four simply the most beautiful people with the nicest home and the best-looking clothes?

Depends on who you ask, who will reply to your question, and where they are coming from in the first place.

Some will firmly state no while others will scream yes. The only person, or persons, who know the answer is the photographer, editor, and perhaps the newspaper layout guy.

Who knows because in the end it really doesn't matter to me... airbrushed or not.

:)

You can only airbrush so much. I used to work as a model. Very little was airbrushed. Maybe a blemish here or a stray hair there. But the original canvas must be near flawless. Yes, they can do amazing things with lighting, makeup etc. But in this case I believe it is a case of beautiful people, nice clothes, great setting and amazing photographer. Believe me, I've seen two photographers with the same equipment take very different photos. There is skill there. Plus, Mary and Fred have a lot of help living their lives. They acknowledge that in their interview. They don't scrub the floor or go to the grocery. They have someone helping out with meals, get exercise etc. If you are doing it on your own it physically takes a toll. Then they have the best doctors, makeup artists etc. I'm not faulting them for this. I love these pics and think they (the couple) are wonderful.

In addition, if you look at gala events or them out and about by themselves they still look amazing. You would think if there were major flaws the press would want to put that in the magazine.

Oh, I love Mary's and Fred's "private" photo.
This may be a stupid question, but are those photos manipulated later, even a little? They look so perfect.:wub: Or are those four simply the most beautiful people with the nicest home and the best-looking clothes?
Yes I also think that they are the "most beautiful people with the nicest home, family and best looking clothes":) Strange because they are really normal people just like us (however Frederick is royal Mary was a common just like us). That is what money can do to us!

:fleurdelis:Is it true that Mary and Frederick are having matrimonial problems?????:eek:

Besydes, I would like to know when Mary´s birthday is...Thanks a lot!!!:flowers:

:fleurdelis:Is it true that Mary and Frederick are having matrimonial problems?????:eek:

Besydes, I would like to know when Mary´s birthday is...Thanks a lot!!!:flowers:

No.. it is just gossip.

it is the 5th of February. She was born in 1972 :flowers:

They look like they're having fun, and Marie isn't irked by the cameras.

I like Mary's coat and scarf too LOL!

Thanks for posting the pix!

Oh finally the long awaiting pictures of the two. Marie looks abit shy from the cameras. Its really nice seeing them out together. Maybe sometimes theyll get to know one another better. I like Mary's coat & scarf.

I know the Dove video.
But I cannot imagine they airbrush THAT much into pictures like Mary's and Fred's.

That is what money can do to us!
Haha, then I really have to marry someone rich!:rolleyes:

I think a lot of the problem is that the media can't make up their minds if they want to portray royals as celebrities or as royals. Celebrity style coverage sells more magazines, therefore when Fred and Mary went on a cruise of the adriatic coast instead of going to Chateau de Caix the magazines said Mary didn't want to be with Joachim and his new girlfriend.

Hello Everyone.

Let's try and stay on topic. The topic is general news and discussion about frederik and Mary.

Thanks

Empress - Danish forums moderator

linea on the CPMMB posted a link to a Norwegian article that said Mary, Frederik and the Danish Minister of Culture would be visiting Rio de Janerio, Brazil, in February for the opening of a Danish cultural building. The link however, was about some jazz band and mentioned nothing about a visit, so I don't have a correct link to source my info from :neutral:

Uauuu Rio de Janeiro!! I will love to see Mary wearing some summer Danish fashion in Brazil!!!!

That's what I thought, too.
Are there any more pictures of the house?
Which part of the Fredenborg Castle is this?

Mary & Frederik live in Chancellory House, on the grounds of Fredensborg Castle. These are really the first pictures inside the house that have been released to the public, for more information about the house and outdoor shots, visit the Danish Royal Palaces thread :flowers:

I'm looking forward to Mary and Fred undertaking more foreign visits. I can hardly wait to see what Mary will wear, should be fun and colourful.

Well there is a possibility that they may be going to Brazil in the not so distant future and then you may get your wish Christo's Girl.

Stellad

Mary & Frederik live in Chancellory House, on the grounds of Fredensborg Castle. These are really the first pictures inside the house that have been released to the public, for more information about the house and outdoor shots, visit the Danish Royal Palaces thread :flowers:

Ok, thanks! I was wondering, can one see the house on Google Earth?

I think so. Although some royal houses are blocked out at certain resolutions (for security reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom