General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 1: August 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if they have a cook, isn't it his decision how the kitchen have to be? So it is wrong - of course (german newspapers, I know!!!) - that Crownprincess Mary decided to buy a 120.000 EUR kitchen, because the cook have to decide...

Whether Frederik can cook or not - and I think he once said he is the cook in the family - or whether they have a cook or not isn't that important in this context. I am the cook in my family but it was my husband and I who bought the kitchen and decided how much to spend on it. I don't think it was the cook's - whoever it may be - single decision. And as I said it's Frederik who gets the apanage, I don't see Mary buying an expensive kitchen without his approval. ;)

But if they have a cook, isn't it his decision how the kitchen have to be? So it is wrong - of course (german newspapers, I know!!!) - that Crownprincess Mary decided to buy a 120.000 EUR kitchen, because the cook have to decide...
If there is anything about a new kitchen (and knowing the reputation of German tabloids and some papers this is big huge enormeous if...) where is that supposed to be? Not in Kancellihuset since that has already been renovated.
A new kitchen will definitely be needed in the palace at Amalienborg since the place they are moving into has not been renovated since the mid-30's when Frederiks grandparents moved into it. But that will probably not be the royal family's decision alone since Amalienborg is administered by Slots- og ejendomsstyrelsen (The Palaces and Properties Agency). So once again some unknowledgeable media person is trying to whip up a story that isn't there.

The new kitchen is at Amalienborg as it is being renovated. This is not a new thing, the kitchen has been talked about before. It is state of the art. But this is a family kitchen, not one for a chef to use.

So if it is a family kitchen we can suppose that Mary will be there cooking sometimes?

So if it is a family kitchen we can suppose that Mary will be there cooking sometimes?
Wouldn't know - Frederik will probably if it is a family kitchen. I haven't heard anything about a family kitchen. Just know that the palace they are going to move into is to be used for official functions as well - and I suppose would require adequate kitchen facilities.

I am more interested in when Mary and Frederik will be having their third child...I want to start a new name discussion...

January 2009 would be a good time for little:

Prince Maximilian Aage Harald Frederik or
Princess Annika Thyra Ingeborg Mary

to be born...what do you say?

"Never say never", straight from the horses' mouth! Prince Maximilian sounds great.

This is not a thread for speculation about another pregnancy and baby names. However, you could try the Royal Chit Chat forum. I believe there are some threads where you can post your 2008 and 2009 predictions.

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

"Mary is the Universe's Best Perfect Princess" is the title of the article. It goes on to talk about how Mary, while not born blue-blood, was born into her role as Crown Princess. They quote Hello! magazine in talking about Mary's fantastic blue evening gown (worn to the Brazilian State Visit gala) and talk about her initiative with The Mary Foundation :flowers:

I like Mary well enough but labeling her the "most perfect princess" does her more of a disservice than it does compliment her. She has evolved into her role very nicely and since the Danes seem to approve, I see no reason why I shouldn't. However these articles sugarcoat everything to a point where it's a little overwhelming. Mary has good and bad qualities about her - like every person.

I agree; could wish that newspapers and magazines around Europe were more discerning when they quote Hello's articles about royalty - Hello's articles really are too much most of the time; and even though I do think that Mary makes a great CPss for Denmark all that most beautiful/best CPss etc. stuff is way over the top.

But the pics were lovely - thanks Harmony.

The German newspaper Gala (which is not so bad...) wrote about the four Crownprincesses: Mary, Maximá, Mette-Marit and Letizia and gave them points:

* Mary: Königinnen-Faktor 2,4
* Máxima: Königinnen-Faktor 4,6
* Letizia: Königinnen-Faktor 3,8
* Mette-Marit: Königinnen-Faktor 4,4

(max-points: 5)

The newspaper wrote, that Crownprincess Mary doesn't have an own social profile.

(Translation (maybe): "One smile is a fake!" or "One smile is not real!")

You can read the whole german article here: Gala.de - Da naht die Konkurrenz - Topstory

AH!!! The article represents NOT my own opinion... But the article is a difference to the article, that Crownprincess Mary is the "best" Princess...

Last edited by a moderator:
AH!!! The article represents NOT my own opinion... But the article is a difference to the article, that Crownprincess Mary is the "best" Princess...
Lol it certainly is - it must be Mary week at the German tabloids ' Es war einmal eine glückliche Prinzessin' and 'Gold Marie' - ;)

They are funny; next week Maxima will refuse food because she has not yet had a son (or perhaps had yet another row with Mabel??); Mette-Marit will be sulking because Marius has not been given a title or Letizia will be refusing to speak to the Spanish king until Leonor has been proclamied the throne-follower. I actually applaud the imaginative powers of some of these magazines :lol:

They are funny; next week Maxima will refuse food because she has not yet had a son (or perhaps had yet another row with Mabel??); Mette-Marit will be sulking because Marius has not been given a title or Letizia will be refusing to speak to the Spanish king until Leonor has been proclamied the throne-follower. I actually applaud the imaginative powers of some of these magazines :lol:

It is funny, that they wrote about the fact, that Crownprincess Mary doesn't have an own social profile and one week later she starts her own foundation. :D

Actually, the Mary Foundation was announced on Tuesday, 11 September.
Gala was released 1 or 2 days later. But I guess the article was already written.

I think this article is filled with double standards and misinformations.

Mette-Marit receives representatives from her many various patronages, one couldn't do more.
And Mary has no clear social profile because of her many various patronages?

And again and again this nonsense about Mary starting to show social commitment because she was criticized and to change her image. As a matter of fact Mary started her social engagement in her first year of marriage, her first patronages were announced in December 2004 and she started to work with them right away. And before that she had visited nursing homes, a home for blind people and the catastrophy area Seest.

Also, where does this nonsense come from that Marie is "adored" in DK while Mary has lost her popularity?

At the same time BT writes about Hello writing Mary is the most perfect princess in the world which Hello actually did not.
If I can read English correctly they wrote that she looked every inch a European princess at her last outings.

In both cases this is really such a mis-presentation of things, one can only shake one's head.

Last edited:
I like Mary well enough but labeling her the "most perfect princess" does her more of a disservice than it does compliment her. She has evolved into her role very nicely and since the Danes seem to approve, I see no reason why I shouldn't. However these articles sugarcoat everything to a point where it's a little overwhelming. Mary has good and bad qualities about her - like every person.
I agree. And that's why people gets irritated by her. Being pumped up by the media is the kiss of death.

An article about Frederik and Joachim. Read it with a grain of salt and with a sense of humor because, afterall, it's written by a journalist from Ekstra Bladet.

what does the article say's, can someone translate it? Thank´s in advance.

what does the article say's, can someone translate it? Thank´s in advance.

The title of the article is "Chill between Joachim & Frederik". The article mainly says that the two brothers have had minimal contact in the past three years, and that Frederik being a no-show at Joachim & Marie's engagement lunch was a sign that all is not right between the brothers.

As GT said however, take this article with a grain of salt :cool:

(I used a internet translator to translate the article, so if there are any mistakes, I apologise)

You've got the jist of it, Jess. The article is so ridiculous that's funny.

"Mary is the Universe's Best Perfect Princess" is the title of the article. It goes on to talk about how Mary, while not born blue-blood, was born into her role as Crown Princess. They quote Hello! magazine in talking about Mary's fantastic blue evening gown (worn to the Brazilian State Visit gala) and talk about her initiative with The Mary Foundation :flowers:

It most certainly doesn't refer to the 'Universe', just a pinprick portion of it, namely 'The World', - which is a hyperbole anyway - of mega proportions in this context.

It most certainly doesn't refer to the 'Universe', just a pinprick portion of it, namely 'The World', - which is a hyperbole anyway - of mega proportions in this context.

Well:

Mary is the most perfect princess in the universe - for Denmark!
Maxima is the most perfect princess in the universe - for the Netherlands!
Latizia is the most perfect princess in the universe - for Spain!
And so on.........

I don't think there is anything wrong with the headline discribing Princess Mary. It simply has to be read in its right context. I don't think there is anything wrong when a newspaper make an exclamation of national pride in connection to a royal person. Thats done again an again when it coms to national soccerteams.

The headline was targeted on danish readers not readers from the rest of the world. Though I do admit for somone living in an other country than Denmark, the headline can be interpreted as Mary being a better princess than princesses of other nations. I am sure this wasen't the intension of the newspaper simply because it would be utterly redicolus to proclame Mary to be the best princes in the universe for Spain or for the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Well:

Mary is the most perfect princess in the universe - for Denmark!
Maxima is the most perfect princess in the universe - for the Netherlands!
Latizia is the most perfect princess in the universe - for Spain!
And so on.........

I don't think there is anything wrong with the headline discribing Princess Mary. It simply has to be read in its right context. I don't think there is anything wrong when a newspaper make an exclamation of national pride in connection to a royal person. Thats done again an again when it coms to national soccerteams.

The headline was targeted on danish readers not readers from the rest of the world. Though I do admit for somone living in an other country than Denmark, the headline can be interpreted as Mary being a better princess than princesses of other nations. I am sure this wasen't the intension of the newspaper simply because it would be utterly redicolus to proclame Mary to be the best princes in the universe for Spain or for the Netherlands.

You missed the point I think! - I was alluding to the translation....but I'll give you 10 out of 10 for having a fertile imagination! :lol:

I happen to chance upon some aussie mags at the newstand this weekend and was appauled by the trash that was on the front cover and this danish author who's publishing a new book on the royal family!

Why the target on Mary and Fred? (I may be wrong here, as I don't read the other european mags..) but does Feliep & Letizia, William and Maxima, Hakkon and Mette Marit get this sort of attack?

Eliza, for further information about this book please click here. There is already a discussion about 1015 Kobenhaven in the Royal Library sub-forum. Some of your questions may be answered there.

:)

According to Billed Bladet Mary will be taking over some of Queen Margrethe's duties in the upcoming months. The also note that Frederik will also do the same.

Again, take this latest "scoop" with a grain of salt.

According to Billed Bladet Mary will be taking over some of Queen Margrethe's duties in the upcoming months. The also note that Frederik will also do the same.

Again, take this latest "scoop" with a grain of salt.

Intresting article. QM has been out of the public eye for sometime, hardly see her anymore, maybe 2-4 events a month. I wonder how long will she stay as Queen in such a situation.Thanks GT for sharing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom