Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: June 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^thank you Muhler, i hope some Copenhagernes here can help me! i plan to go in January or February.

Translation of article in Billed Bladet #45, 2012.
Henriks herlige Hubertusbørn - Henrik's lovely Hubertus-children.
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen, who among other things describes Prince Henrik as a hugging-machine.

Prince Henrik had a merry company when he went to Hubertus Hunt at Dyrehaven (The Animal Park, where Eremitageslottet is located) Sunday forenoon. With him he had three of his beloved grandchildren, Prince Christian, Princess Isabella and Prince Felix who along with their farfar (grandpa) made their entrance in a couple of neat carriages.
The three young royals made sure that dull moments were far between on a forenoon that of course was first and foremost about horses and riders dressed in red hunting through Dyreparken north of Copenhagen. It was very obvious that the Prince Consort's grandchildren were also hunting for a funny experience on the picnic with grandad.
After arriving to the Eremitage Palace Prince Henrik and the three children took up position on the palace balcony (actually more like a terrace or a repos), from here they experienced most of the Hubertus Hunt.
Even though it was primarily about keeping an eye on horses and riders, where in particular the negotiation of the Depot-Pond (*) caught their interest, there were plenty of other things on the schedule for the young trio.
Christian and Felix had a cosy time as mates with a good boys-talk on the balcony and it seemed like the talk was about other things than horses. For example they talked a lot about a helicopter that constantly howered over the Hubertus-field.
Isabella, in the meantime was pretty good at entertaining herself. Especially when she heard the hunting-bugles sound she was like a fish in the water and (she) performed as so many times before with her own private dance-show.
Isabella didn't settle herself with dancing. Perhaps she followed the DR1 television contest "Maestro", where Danish celebs are being taught to be a conductor. Because she conducted the horn-orchestra in her own funny way.
When the Hubertus Hunt and the exciting finish was over the Prince Consort handed over Prizes and he a good help from his very own Hubertus Team, consisting of the grandchildren, who just like farfar made sure to shake hands with fastest riders of the day.
Prince Henrik was proud of his grandchildren and during the hunt he made no effort to hide his great love for them, they all three took turns in being hugged. Several of Henrik's Hubertus-hugs to the children was handed out on the balcony in front of the almost 40.000 spectators in Dyrehaven.
That was something that made an impression on people. It certainly also made an impression on the audience that Isabell both danced to and directed the hunting-bugle orchestra.
"She's a genuine little rythm-princess", said a man among the audience who spotted Isabella in the middle of a dance-step.
After a couple of merry hours at Eremitageslottet it was time for the royals to go home and a crown-car (**) drove up in front of the palace in Dyrehaven to pick up the Prince Consort and the grandchildren.
Billed Bladet managed just before departure to ask Princess Isabella and Prince Christian whether they had had a funny Hubertus-day. - "Yes", was the swift reply from isabella, before Christian took over. - "Yes, it has been fun", was the polite reply from Isabella's older brother.

ADDED: I forgot to mention that M&F's first nanny, Mette Frederiksen was with the children.
I wonder if she has returned? It is true love between Christian and Mette Frederiksen!

(*) This is where everyone hope some riders will fall off and drop into the cold muddy water. Apparantly also Bella, who according to a caption was a bit disappointed that no one fell off this year.

(**) Popular name for the official cars of the DRF.

At the same time M&F were photographed going for a stroll with the twins along the harbour not far from Amalienborg. In full winterclothing and wearing sunglasses I doubt many would have noticed them.

Last edited:

Yesterday evening, November 12, Prince Henrik together with Prince Nikolai ad Prince Felix attended the premiere of the film "Inuk" in Copenhagen.

** Pic ** source **

Here's another gallery from yesterday evening:

** ppe gallery **
Wow! One thing about the Danish Royals . . . they are not boring. Actually, I think Joachim, Marie and Mary are the "hold-outs" on the family's penchant for whimsy!

Queen Margrethe: Love the ensemble and are they Golden Poppies I see?

Prince Henrik: You've got to love a man wearing slippers on a formal occasion. And very elegant and stylish slippers they are!

Prince Frederik: Oh Fred! A sneaky wacky bow tie, coloured socks, natty kerchief, diverting cummerbund? Anything to prove they haven't quashed the "Red Trousers" out of you!

Last edited:
Its always nice to see Queen Anne-Marie back in Denmark and joining her sisters at events.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures! I love the ones of Marie with her step-sons! I wonder why little Prince Henrik didn't attend? Surely he is old enough to sit through a performance.

maybe he was with a cold? lots of people have colds in this time of the year.

princess isabella looks quite of a handful...

It seems like Mary telling Isabella to calm down. She is very active little girl.

nice family outing...thanks for the pictures.

It seems like yesterday that Christian was a little baby, Isabella a chubby toddler and the twins coming out of hospital like little bundles. How gorgeous and grown up are these children and I must include Joachin´s wonderful brood as well. Isabella is a live wire - an adorable one at that.

I know the feeling Isabella must have had, I was like that every year when we went to Tivoli for Christmas. Everything looks so nice and Christmas-y. Christian is much more calm than Isabella, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I would definitely not say that being a handful is a bad thing. It's very typical for younger siblings who want to be (able to do) like their older siblings, I even think the Queen mentioned that in an interview once. Bella is adorable and Christian looks so sweet. The Queen looks delighted to hold hands with her granddaughter and show her around in Tivoli.

Absolutely love to see Nikolai and Felix holding hands with Marie, even though Nikolai looks a bit precautious being photographed holding hands with Marie (as any thirteen year old boy would be ;)). Those boys are so well-raised and very sweet.

I know the feeling Isabella must have had, I was like that every year when we went to Tivoli for Christmas. Everything looks so nice and Christmas-y. Christian is much more calm than Isabella, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I would definitely not say that being a handful is a bad thing. It's very typical for younger siblings who want to be (able to do) like their older siblings, I even think the Queen mentioned that in an interview once. Bella is adorable and Christian looks so sweet. The Queen looks delighted to hold hands with her granddaughter and show her around in Tivoli.

Absolutely love to see Nikolai and Felix holding hands with Marie, even though Nikolai looks a bit precautious being photographed holding hands with Marie (as any thirteen year old boy would be ;)). Those boys are so well-raised and very sweet.

I agree completely. :)
They look like a typical family. Im glad Mary is not worried (or Frederik) to discipline or talk to their kids and calm them down.

I love the pictures, and the fact that Isabella is just not afraid to be herself, even if it gets in a little bit of trouble :D. She certainly looks like a young lady that needs to be kept busy and engaged, or else, she'll find something to entertain herself with (which may not always be acceptable in the eyes of the parents/grandparents).

The pictures are very nice- thank you for sharing! F & M look like they've got their hands full with Isabella!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #48, 2012.
På hemmelig julemission - On secret Christmas mission.
Written by our man behind the scenes, Ulrik Ulriksen.

A little before 17.00 QMII brough her oldest grandchildren and daughters-in-law to see the Nutcracker in Tivoli and they were incognito - almost. Despite entering Tivoli by a rear entrance they were quickly spotted strolling through the garden.
QMII was in the lead, with M&F and their children behind and our Marie forming the rearguard with Nikolai and Felix. She had tucked her arm behind Nikolai's arm. - Which in my opinion seemed to suit him better than holding hands with Marie, when they left Tivoli. Felix however held his hands in front of the abdomen in the for men typical I'm-too-wellbehaved-to-put-my-hands-in-my-pockets-but-this-is-really-an-akward-situation-and-I-don't-know-what-to-do-with-my-hands-and-look-appropriate-at-the-same-time-stance.
Joachim wasn't present, perhaps he was looking after bette Henrik and Athena at home in the apartment at Amalienborg?

When the ballet was over they all left through the garden, this time with farmor Margrethe and Bella in front.
Tivoli has been decorated for Christmas and attracted the attention in particular of the only girl present, Isabella. The party had to stop several times to admire the lights and decorations and what not.

The royals had visited the dancers behind stage after the show. Isabella is in the article described as bing in "topform = high spirit", but then she has been dancing herself for a couple of years now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom