Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: June 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely joint event! Wish they had more of these events.
Thanks for the picture links.

Tuesday 6 November 2012 is HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort hosts for Fredensborg concert in Fredensborg Palace Church at. 19.00.

TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie be present… More information on the event can be found here

Gotta love the last picture of Christian and Felix. Felix looks so much like his father, such a grown up child.

I always like seeing pictures of the young Danish royal cousins together. Christian, especially, seems to have a great relationship with both Felix and Nikolai.

its nice seeing the cousins together and Henrik in his favorite role, as grandpa : )

How nice to see the three of them out together, hope we're gonna see little Henrik with them next year, but it might be difficult seeing as he lives in the other end of the country. Felix and Christian looks like they have lots of fun, and Isabella is so sweet. Her smile is really contagious.

I love this picture, my favourite of the day.

Lovely pictures!
Cant wait to see Isabella joined with Athena in the near future.

:previous:

Don't you think she maybe joined by Josephone first? I am sure she will.

Love the photos, Christian seems to be have a great relationship with all of his cousins and Isabella such a beautiful little girl.

Don't you think she maybe joined by Josephone first? I am sure she will.

Love the photos, Christian seems to be have a great relationship with all of his cousins and Isabella such a beautiful little girl.

My thoughts too. Both Josephine and Vincent will probably attend next year. Next year they will be almost three years old. Isabella was about that age the first time she participated in 2009 with granddad John Donaldson. I would love to see the twins attend next year. Isabella and the twins.. It will be a party. :D Christian will get enough to keep an eye on :p

Last edited:
its nice seeing the cousins together and Henrik in his favorite role, as grandpa : )

Couldn't agree more. :)

Here is a gallery from TV2 TV 2 Gallery
Covering both the children, but also what they were looking at. Riders in a park on a beautiful autumn day.
Even a stag had a look at the crazy humans and the odd looking horses. (What's the purpose of running around if you haven't got antlers? The stag may be thinking).

Before the twins will attend the Hunt, I think we will see Prince Henrik jr.

Before the twins will attend the Hunt, I think we will see Prince Henrik jr.

My thoughts too, unless he'll be unable to attend because he's on Schackenborg that is. I had thought he would have been attending this year, to be honest, but of course it's difficult when he and Athena live so far away compared to the other kids.

November 6
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort hosts for Fredensborg concert in Fredensborg Palace Church at. 19.00. TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.

Music and menu

Thanks for the links to the great pics. Granddad or I should say - Formor - is that right?? has a good relationship with his grandchildren. Looks quite cold.

Thanks for the links to the great pics. Granddad or I should say - Formor - is that right?? has a good relationship with his grandchildren. Looks quite cold.

Well, actually it's farfar if we are to be pedantic.
But he calls himself grandpapa.

Let's go through the names for grandparents in Danish:

Maternal grandmother = mormor = mother's mother.
Maternal grandfather = morfar = mother's father.
Paternal grandmother = farmor = father's mother.
Paternal grandfather = farfar = father's father.
Grandmother in general = bedstemor.
Grandfather in general = bedstefar.
-The two last names are not used that often as it in the eyes of some implies that you are a fossil.

And then we have great-grandmother = oldemor.
Great-grandfather = oldefar.

And as a curiosum: "Taking/doing a morfar" is popular slang for taking a nap.

Thus ends todays lesson. :graduate:

Thank you for that I will have to copy it out and keep it for future reference. I suppose I gave you a chuckle with my clumsy attempt. Now could I ask if you get the time would you mind telling me/us about the Eremitage Palace/hunting lodge. Who built it and when. Thanks in advance

And we have a BT gallery from the concert: Se billederne: Hvad har du fået øje på, Frederik? | www.bt.dk
The captions wonder why Frederik's eyes were so wide :eek:

Thank you for that I will have to copy it out and keep it for future reference. I suppose I gave you a chuckle with my clumsy attempt. Now could I ask if you get the time would you mind telling me/us about the Eremitage Palace/hunting lodge. Who built it and when. Thanks in advance

You are welcome. :)
Without wishing to sound overly-polite or downright boring, but I rarely get a chuckle from people's language-mistakes here on TRF. (I make such mistakes constantly myself :rolleyes:).
I often get a good laugh from Google translations, but not people.

I'll have at look at Erimitage Slottet and post it in the appropriate thread tomorrow.

We should create a subforum called "Danish lessons with Muhler". Muhler, you are doing great work to let us take part in the Danish life and the Danish society. I am looking forward to the next lesson.

You flatter me. :wub: - Buuut I don't mind....
You are most welcome as well. :)
One of the great advantages of this international forum is how much we all can learn if we want to.

Well, bedtime. I've been looking at the non-stop coverage on the DK-news of the US election and it's way too late. Goodnight.

Muhler, you're amazing as always!!!! i hope sometime you can give me some explanation from Copenhagen, i want to go there someday but i dont know that many places to visit, best spots, restaurants, etc...
and of course, i'd like to visit when i can get a glimpse of the royal family, maybe around Queen Margrethe birthday balcony appearences?

Here's another gallery from yesterday evening:

** ppe gallery **

Thanks, Iceflower.:flowers:

I love Henrik's slippers :lol: You could create an entire thread alone based on the somewhat eccentric pieces of clothing Henrik's has worn.

ADDED: Two pictures of M&F from BT. We've seen them before but these are larger versions:
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...tparret-er-vrter-for-fredensborgkoncerten.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/file...tparret-er-vrter-for-fredensborgkoncerten.jpg

You are very kind Kathia_Sophia :)

However, in regards to going sightseeing in Copenhagen I think some of our fellow members who are Copenhagernes would be of much bigger help than me, as I only go to Copenhagen two or three times a year. - And I'm certain they would be more than willing to answer any questions you may have. :)
As for spotting royals. Well, you are not the first one to ask and at least two fellow members were lucky. One got a prime spot at Amalienborg at QMII's birthday and another almost bumped into Mary doing an early morning run. - They may offer advise as well.
Otherwise, let's return to the subject when you are going to DK. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom