Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 4: June 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love the gallery from the DRF. We can see some of the inside of the Palace and the history of the event. well done

Yes I love those pics too. The Garden room has so much history immortalised by the painting by Laurtis Tuxen of King Christian IXs extended family.

Today, right now actually, Crown Prince Frederik and Queen Margrethe participant
in State Council at Christiansborg Palace.

State Council is held as needed and usually on Wednesday morning. Ministers constitute the Council of State in which the Heir Apparent and Monarch takes seat.

Statsråd på Christiansborg Slot kl. 9.30 | Kongehuset - Forside

As usually we wont get pictures. Sadly.

Here are some of the very few we have got a few years back:
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8ed5c58daee09d23b4b8acc7604a28b8&oe=57307C2D
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a4df7425d58b28a5bafc1f9f39eb0920&oe=573ABF92

:previous: thank you Roskilde
How I wish they would give out a picture or two like the other families, they may be "boring" but I like them. At least once a year :flowers:

HM The Queen holds Tuesday, March 15, 2016 evening party for art and culture at Christiansborg Palace.

Here is the program

Kl. 18.30 to 19.15: The visitors' arrival to the guard.
Guests arrive via the Marble Bridge to the inner palace yard and Queen Gate.

HM the Queen and the royal family arrive via Prins to Queen gate.

Kl. 19:15 to 19:25: The royal family's arrival to the guard.

Kl. 19:45 to 20:00: Tour de table, the Great Hall.
The press led from the guard to the balcony in the Great Hall, where there can be photographed as guests arrive and when the royal family enters the hall. The press is leaving the balcony when all have taken their places at the tables.

Guests will before arriving at the Great Hall will be presented to HM The Queen and the royal family in Fløjsgemakket. There will be an official photographer from Scanpix and host TV cameraman from TV 2 during this presentation.

Meeting time: Kl. 17.30 at the Queen Gate, where there will be sikkerhedssweeping by PET.
www.kongehuset.dk

:previous: Not only pictures, Polyesco. :)

Both DR1 and TV2 will send live from the guests arriving, naturally culmination with DRF arriving.
- To this ball for people who are performing artists i.e. musicians, actors, directors and so on.
Many of them should be familiar faces to the DRF and also on this board.

TV2 will send live from 18.30 but you may not be able to watch it outside DK.
However DR1 will send live from 19.00 - in a little more than nine hours from this is posted - and that you should be able to see.
And I'm sure someone will post a live link shortly before it starts.
And DR1 usually put up a public vidoe a little later anyway.

Here is a BB gallery from a similar ball for performing artists in 1998: SE BILLEDERNE: Da regentparret inviterede til hofbal i 1998 | BILLED-BLADET

can anyone post the link of the live stream or coverage of Danish TV for the evening for art and culture at Christiansborg Palace, the one we can view and the one we can't :)

thank you

Noura

Reactions: eya
can anyone post the link of the live stream or coverage of Danish TV for the evening for art and culture at Christiansborg Palace, the one we can view and the one we can't :)

thank you

Noura

Here you go:

From DR1 (still 1½ hours to go from this is posted) https://www.dr.dk/tv/live/dr1

ADDED:

Once the 340 guests have said hello to the DRF, they are led into the Knights Hall/Great Hall where they will be served a three-course menu.
Later on they will all dance a kind of menuet, les lanciers. (If QMII will be dancing, and unless her back gives her big problems I bet she will) the gentleman she will wish to have a dance partner will be discreetly tapped on the shoulder and requested to dance with Her Majesty.
Followed by dancing and general merriment.

Last edited:
Too bad it is not working for me :(

Yes! Seems to work!! thanks!!

Good. :) DR1 will show both the guests arriving and the guests greeting the DRF, so I expect the DRF will arrive within 20 minutes or so. Then followed by a short break, while the DRF line up, and then we see the guests and the DRF again, for another 20 minutes or so.

I don't know if Ekstra Bladet live, will cover the event that long.

Last edited:
Princess Benedikte just arrived, wearing her Fringe tiara and a purple gown.
Her daughter and her husband seem to be attending too. She's wearing some diamond stars in her hair.

Princess Marie wearing an old dark blue gown, with her diamond flower tiara I suppose.

Mary wearing something new. With a diamond tiara I think.

And Her Majesty in the red gown from Carl-Phillips en Sofia's wedding! With diamond tiara, not sure if pearls are included too.

Last edited:
They are going so fast! Mary seems to wear a new beautiful gown! Can't wait for pictures!!

Frederik and Mary just arrived. They both look wonderful!

Mary looks gorgeous! :wub:

Now waiting for the Queen...

Okay, what happens now is that the guests will greet the DRF, then find their places and at the end the DRF will walk into the Great Hall, accompanied by a fanfare, and then the cameras will be turned off.
No photos while eating.

One guest, Thure Lindhart, actor was late and had to wait for QMII to arrive before being quietly led in.

Okay, what happens now is that the guests will greet the DRF, then find their places and at the end the DRF will walk into the Great Hall, accompanied by a fanfare, and then the cameras will be turned off.
No photos while eating.

One guest, Thure Lindhart, actor was late and had to wait for QMII to arrive before being quietly led in.
The singer, Medina, was also late.

What happens practically as such balls is that the Ministry of Culture write op a list of names they find suitable and within the winder scope of people who could attend such a ball.
They send that list to the court, which then select who is to be invited.
There will of course be some who cannot or even will not attend, then they have other on the list instead.
Of course QMII has the final word, in case there i someone she does not want to see... or alternatively who is not on the list but whom she would like to invite.

The actor and entertainer, Søren Østergaard, is QMII's tablepartner for tonight and I'm pretty sure that's on QMII's request, because she is as close to being a fan of him as I think a Queen can be!

The stand-upper, Gintberg was invited for the first time and he more or less thought he was invited as an afterthought, because he had just interviewed someone who was to attend, when he got the invitation.
He will be tablepartner to our Marie.

ADDED: This BT gallery is being updated over the evening: http://www.bt.dk/kendte/nu-ankommer-de-her-er-de-kendte-margrethe-har-inviteret-til-bal

M&F http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/658/12/620x411-l/12658800-.jpg
QMII: http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/658/12/620x411-c/12658804-.jpg

Last edited:
Mary in a new tiara :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Oh this tiara looks so good on her! It's diamonds and it looks so lovely! Bit fringe-y! Nice to see her in a fourth tiara! :D

I case you are wondering. I can clearly lip-read that Mary says: "Good evening" to the guests. I.e. a formal/neutral greeting.

Very hard to see the tiara on these images, but could it be the 19th century diamond necklace Mary wore for Margrethe's 75th birthday celebration in Aarhus last year? It could easily be converted in a tiara.

Watching all the glam, style, beauty and elegance Mary displays on a daily basis it's hard to believe she isn't criticized for the money that she spends on clothes, jewellery, shoes etc. Any other crown princess would have been 'slaughtered' by their national press who all of a sudden care so much about those 'poor tax payers' (pfff, as if that's where all the money goes). I just love the way Mary dresses and gives her position extra status. It can't be done on a small budget. (So good for her! :))

Christina at the "Royal Jewels of the World" board had the same idea. She posted a picture of the convertibale necklace-tiara: Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: CP Mary with NEW diadem to night

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom