Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Nice Pics , Princess Mary Looks Beautiful , her dress Simple & Nice & Suits her well , Thank you iceflower

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended a dinner on the occasion of the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30. Prince Henrik is the founder and president of WWF Denmark.

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Galla for verdens dyr **

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended a dinner on the occasion of the WWF Denmark's 40-year anniversary today, May 30. Prince Henrik is the founder and president of WWF Denmark.

** sn.dk gallery: Billeder: Galla for verdens dyr **

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Normally I don't say much about fashion but what is going on here?!? :blink:

Mary is in flower-power gala.
QMII is wearing a kimono.
PH is in Hollywood-Chinese-master-villain outfit.
For whatever reason our Marie reminds me of Heidi from the Alps.

I thought outfits like QMII's and Mary's were burned when people came to their senses during the grass-drought in 1975.

Seriously, was the theme nostalgia?

Last edited:
Maybe QMII designed all the dresses herself ?? lol Seriously what's going on here ? Do we have a better picture of Marie ? I have to see her hairstyle.

Oh wow, not a great day of fashion for the DRF, something surely must have gone wrong there ... at least Frederik and Joachim looks dapper in their suits and bowties.

As always, it's wonderful to see them all out together.

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

Normally I don't say much about fashion but what is going on here?!? :blink:

I thought outfits like QMII's and Mary's were burned when people came their senses during the grass-drought in 1975.

Seriously, was the theme nostalgia?

Well looking at the other guest, apparently only Henrik and the royal ladoes got the memo that it was a "Back to San Francisco 1968 Summer of Love" party. None of the other guests arrive in costumes or looked like they were tripping. I wonder if they passed the bong around after dinner?

Last edited:
I think those two crazy kids Daisy and Henrik convinced the family to channel the 1960's. I'm surprised that QMII isn't wearing the famous poppies ... that would have just been the cherry on the cake!

Nothing wrong with Mary’s or QMII’s fashion. Mary is wearing Vietnamese custom dress and QMII is also wearing Vietnamese/Chinese custom dress. I don't see any wrong with prince Hendrix wearing Chinese custom top. They may be purchased the outfits while they visited Viet Nam country awhile ago. Some of comment sounds like only western outfits are good while Asian custom are not decent.

That is just way too much lmao. Aww. Mary's dress would work if everyone in the picture were not next to her. Same for the Queen. All together and it's just one big bright headache.

*dims the light on Macbook to compensate*

Nothing wrong with Mary’s or QMII’s fashion. Mary is wearing Vietnamese custom dress and QMII is also wearing Vietnamese/Chinese custom dress. I don't see any wrong with prince Hendrix wearing Chinese custom top. They may be purchased the outfits while they visited Viet Nam country awhile ago. Some of comment sounds like only western outfits are good while Asian custom are not decent.

Probably perfectly normal to wear such outfits at a gala in Vietnam but at a black tie gala in Denmark they do look decidedly out of place when compared to the other guests.

I thought outfits like QMII's and Mary's were burned when people came to their senses during the grass-drought in 1975.

Queen M and PH I better not comment on but Mary's flower-power dress
looks :cool: !

Heidi from the Alps looks a bit boring compared to the others.

Some of comment sounds like only western outfits are good while Asian custom are not decent.
IMO it's quite obvious there was a theme at this "World Wildlife" event which was not only followed by the royal family but also by some guests.
And some comments are indeed quite revealing.

I must admit that I LOVE the dress CPss Mary is wearing :)

I think there was a theme, because some other guests also dressed up in asian-costumes :)

Queen and the Prince both look like they are in Asian wear. Seems Marie forgot the memo or didn't receive it. Queen and Marie looked great!

It looks like this event was Asian dress code! However it is to celebrate the WWF Denmark's 40 anniversary it is dubious if this kind of events are really necessary...does the Royal family makes any efforts towards the global financial crisis?Or if Denmark is not a part of this crisis maybe they should give the example on how to prevent and make the coorect iniciatives for it...:whistling:

This is an event to celebrate the 40 jubilee of WWF Denmark which was founded by Prince Henrik. What does the global financial crisis have to do with it?
Whether it's necessary: Is the Queen's Diamond Jubilee/Queen Margrethe's 40 Jubilee really necessary? Is a big christening/wedding really necessary? Is any celebration really necessary?

Btw, to stop consumption/spending money doesn't prevent the financial crisis.

Last edited:
I think nowadays the royal family should consider wich events are really necessary, those glamorous party, with special costumes, with special guest, were of course they spend a lot of money, to me they are really not necessary...and maybe it is time to consider not to spend so mucht money in fancy things...

So then, youve put caterers, waiters, special security, flower arragers etc out of a job. That doesn't help either...

I think nowadays the royal family should consider wich events are really necessary, those glamorous party, with special costumes, with special guest, were of course they spend a lot of money, to me they are really not necessary...and maybe it is time to consider not to spend so mucht money in fancy things...
Or they should do the events like normal, so the people who work as waiters/decorators/whatever can get a paycheck. They can use that paycheck to buy something, companies earnings will go up, they can hire more people and a positive chain reaction could start. Denmark hasn't been hit quite as hard by the crisis as Southern Europe, but right now one of the biggest problems in Denmark is that people save their money instead of spending them and getting the wheels back in motion.

Besides, celebrations like these are part of the royals' jobs, as representatives, and I've never heard any complaints in Denmark about them. Complaints would start if the royals started cutting back on their duties.

If they threw a lot of glamorous private parties, constantly went on expensive vacations and were unnecessarily extravagant in their private lives, then I also think people would complain. But that's not what this event is.

Queen and the Prince both look like they are in Asian wear. Seems Marie forgot the memo or didn't receive it. Queen and Marie looked great!

Ha,I thought it was a 'Dracula Themed' party,Princess Marie looked the best along with the Crown Prince and his brother,I won't comment on the rest :D

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #22, 2012.
Henriks søde overraskelse - Henrik's sweet surprise.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Practically the entire DRF showed up for a concert in the Royal Theatre, where the Music Corps of the Royal Lifeguard Regiment played. (*)
Princess Benedikte, Queen Anne-Marie and Count Ingolf were also there. Benedikte wearing a dress from Celli Freifeldt.

The gentleman wore the regimental tie and QMII wore the regimental badge on her right lapel.
Mary wore a dress from Prada and just like our Marie she looked pretty hot...
There were speeches during the concert. 30 dancers danced ballet. Two more contemporary singers, Rasmus Seebach and Poul Dissing, entertained and the Pivot Dance Company gave an interpretation of Riverdance.
But the highlight of the evening was PH surprising QMII by conducting the music corps in Ballad for a Soldier by V. Solovoy-Sedoi.

Peter and Caroline Heering were also there. Peter Heering is a lieutenant colonel in the Royal Lifeguard.
Tanja Doky, who was there in her capacity as a LiW, was accompanied by an adjutant.

(*) The musicians are profesional musicians. The drummers and fifers are conscripts and they are signalmen, not musicians.

Or they should do the events like normal, so the people who work as waiters/decorators/whatever can get a paycheck. They can use that paycheck to buy something, companies earnings will go up, they can hire more people and a positive chain reaction could start. Denmark hasn't been hit quite as hard by the crisis as Southern Europe, but right now one of the biggest problems in Denmark is that people save their money instead of spending them and getting the wheels back in motion.

Besides, celebrations like these are part of the royals' jobs, as representatives, and I've never heard any complaints in Denmark about them. Complaints would start if the royals started cutting back on their duties.

If they threw a lot of glamorous private parties, constantly went on expensive vacations and were unnecessarily extravagant in their private lives, then I also think people would complain. But that's not what this event is.
I agree and couldn´t have said it better myself :flowers:

I think nowadays the royal family should consider wich events are really necessary

Necessary? What does that mean? What in life is really "necessary"? Do they really need to keep the heat on at Amalienborg? Can't the Queen just dress in arctic attire when it gets cold? Do they really "need" a car? Can't they just stay at home? Wouldn't kill them, so not really "necessary", right?

does the Royal family makes any efforts towards the global financial crisis
Do you? What efforts should the royal family do "towards" the crisis? Does not celebrating something - anything - go "towards" the crisis?

I don't mind criticism against the DRF. But at least let it make some sense, not just random lashes.

those glamorous party, with special costumes, with special guest, were of course they spend a lot of money, to me they are really not necessary...and maybe it is time to consider not to spend so mucht money in fancy things...
What is, in your opinon, necessary? Wouldn't it help the crisis to actually raise consumption? No matter what the DRF spends it money on it'll make absolutely no dent in the crisis.

I'd love it if you would qualify your critizism.

It looks like this event was Asian dress code! However it is to celebrate the WWF Denmark's 40 anniversary it is dubious if this kind of events are really necessary...does the Royal family makes any efforts towards the global financial crisis?Or if Denmark is not a part of this crisis maybe they should give the example on how to prevent and make the coorect iniciatives for it...:whistling:

What does this party have to do with the global financial crisis? Not following.

French purepeople has found the right caption for the pics of the dinner, it says "Princess Mary: An explosion of colours
with the Danish royals for the WWF"

LOL - You overlooked the first half sentence - La princesse Mary sensationnelle, une explosion de couleurs !

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Mary wore a Vietnamese áo dài (long dress). She probably got it while in Vietnam. Queen Margrethe, as well, wore a court overcoat. Vietnamese court ladies in the olden days wore similar court dress over their áo dài. The colours and embroidery indicated ranks.
Prince Henry shirt was an adaptation of the Chinese shirt over their long dress for the men.
I was wondering why Mary and QM choose these dresses for this dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom