Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised to see Mary, and she doesn't look that great. However it is nice to see the family.

CP Mary looks pretty damn good for a woman who will most likely give birth to twins this month!!!!

I meant in that outfit, not in general.

Yes...I know you meant the outfit (I read Mary's maternity thread first)! I however, did mean that she looked good generally!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2010.
Kys og kram til farmor - Kisses and hugs for grandmother.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Who went with the DRF to see the ballet A Tivoli Dream.
QMII was naturally present and so were M&F with their children.
Farmor (grandmother) Margrethe got a big hug from Christian and kisses and hugs from an eager Isabella as well.
Before the show started Mary said: "They have both been looking forward to this afternoon".
Bella parked herself on the lap of QMII, who told her about what was going to happen on stage.

The show started and at some point three of the smallest ballet-children appeared on stage dressed as little dog and that had Bella cracking up with laughter.

After the show lemonade, beer, gløgg (mulled wine) and æbleskiver (fritters) (*) were served. While grandma Margrethe had some quality time with her grandchildren, M&F had a chat with Caroline and Peter Heering (**) and their two children.

However, Bella had a really great time and when it became time to leave, she was absolutely in no mood to go home! She had been busty drinking lemonade and dancing ballet, so in the end mother Mary had to put her foot down and took her daughter by the hand and took her out to the car.
Isabella protested loudly, with tears running down her cheeks: "I don't wanna go home. I don't wanna go home"! :lol:

A note informs us that M&F went to the Bellevue Theathre to watch the comedy show: Rytteriet = the Cavalry. With them went Mary's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard, Alexander and Sarah Kølpin and Peter Zobel.

(*) Æbleskiver are absolutely delicious, especially if homemade. We've often made them for our own children and looked on in astonishment at how many such little creatures are able to stuff themselves with.
Æbleskiver: Æbleskiver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Which should be made in an cast iron pan, which is also displayed here.

(**) I guess he, being a staff officer, wasn't required to serve for a full six months tour of duty in Afghanistan.

------------------------------------

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2010.
Kærligt gensyn - Lovely reunion.
Written by Anna Johannsen.

Where we finally learn why Prince Henrik was stroking Frederik's hair.

Frederik was waiting outside the Danish Geographical Society for his parents. For whatever reason he was wearing an anticipating smile, judging from the photos in the article. First OMII, then Prince Henrik, who stroked Frederik's hair: "Your hair sure has become short".

Well inside they all sat and listened to the globetrotter Troels Kløvedal (*) telling about his travels. He and QMII had a good chat at the reception afterwards.
QMII unfortunately had to leave at some point due to a nasty cough.

Vice-president of the Danish Geographical Society is former chief of court, Søren Haslund-Christensen.

(*) Troels Kløvedal, QMII and Frederik share a common love for the sea. Troels Kløvedal recenly made a TV series about the Danish Navy. The royal Yacht Danneborg is a navy ship and a long interview with QMII took part onboard that ship. Even though they are very different persons, they quckly clicked when they started to talk about the sea and Dannebrog. I didn't see the segment with Frederik.

Last edited:

Prince Henrik together with Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai attended the New
Years Event of the Elephant Parade in Copenhagen at the Scandic Hotel,
January 27, 2011. The elephant Prince Henrik had decorated was revealed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

** Prins Henrik tog med sig barnbarnen på stan **

** BB: Nikolai og Felix i byen med farfar **

** Les princes Felix et Nikolai de Danemark suivent papy au pays des éléphants ! **

Last edited:
:previous: Prince Henrik with grandchildren Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix at the presentation of his elephant to the Elephant Parade. January 27, 2011

PPE Agency Denmark

Prince Henrik together with Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai attended the New
Years Event of the Elephant Parade in Copenhagen at the Scandic Hotel,
January 27, 2011. The elephant Prince Henrik had decorated was revealed.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga gallery **

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

It's always nice to see PH with his grandchildren.

And methinks Nikolai has reached that age, where he finds it a little bit silly to sit on the back of a model elephant. :lol:

Great event for a grandparent to take the grandchildren to & to spend time with them.

Photos from the match. There are Frederik, Prince Henrik,Joachim and Marie

Pic 1 * Pic 2

More photos from the match

Pic 1 * Pic 2 * Pic 3 * Pic 4 * Pic 5

Prince Joachim of Denmark, his wife Princess Marie, his brother Crown Prince Frederik and his father Prince Henrik are watching the final handball match Denmark vs France during world championship in Malmoe. January 30, 2011

PPE Agency Malmoe

Last edited:
Photos from the match. There are Frederik, Prince Henrik,Joachim and Marie

Pic 1 * Pic 2
The man and woman next to CP Frederik is our Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen and his wife Solrun.
And the couple next to Pss Marie is our minister of culture Per Stig Møller and his girlfriend/wife Xukun Ji (I´m not sure whether they are married or not)

Last edited:
Those are nice pictures. Frederik looks like he's thoroughly enjoying the match. It's nice to see the brothers (and wife) out with their father.

Joachim was extremly into the game during extratime from what i saw. Almost like a hooligan. Fredrik was more cooler:)

I briefly saw Joachim and Marie on the TV screen during the game on the french channels, but nothing after the final whistle. Denmark played a very good game, maybe the most serious opponent we had during the competition, but I am so glad we won :clap::clap:

Thanks all for the pictures, Its great to see the family supporting the team, Joachim's shirt say's it all :)

.... but I am so glad we won :clap::clap:

hmmmm..... grumble grumle - I'm not ... ;) Well, if we had to lose (and Denmark only lost this one during the tournament), it had to be France, the strongest team.
Congratulations on the victory. France has an awesome team (but I know a team which will be fighting France hard in upcoming tournaments ;))

Pincess Marie looked lovely but she doens't seems very interested in the game

Last edited by a moderator:
Pincess Marie looked lovely but she doens't seems very interested in the game

I think the word is "ambivalence".

Anyway, she may not be very much into the sport, and as such it can be hard to follow. I also think, well she's still new to the game (being a princess that is - not Handball necessarily). Surely she's been cautioned again and again about her behaviour and how she expresses delight, sadness, even passion. Though most of the men at the event seems to be throwing caution to the wind in that regard.

I don't think she has ever been cautioned about her behaviour at a sportsevent. She is just not interested in sports.

hmmmm..... grumble grumle - I'm not ... ;) Well, if we had to lose (and Denmark only lost this one during the tournament), it had to be France, the strongest team.
Congratulations on the victory. France has an awesome team (but I know a team which will be fighting France hard in upcoming tournaments ;))

It was already such a brilliant perfomance to lose only one match in this tournament, even if it is a great final. Your team have some absolutely awesome players: Mikkel Hansen is extraordinary and I have no doubt this danish team will be a great challenger in the years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom