Danish Royal Family, Current Events 3: April 2010 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that todays afternoon news had a brief story about Mary's pregnancy, and needed an english voice over for when Mary spoke to the Danish media.

I'm sure a good deal of Australian's tend to forget that Mary speaks Danish as an everyday language nowadays, because we generally only ever hear her speak english when theres a story of notable interest.

Thanks Lancchick, I really loved the photos and funny song. It must have been a visual feast from the Dannebrog watching all the ships on the harbour and they were probably using their foghorns as well. Little Isabella had her ears covered at one point against the noise. A beautiful sunny day too. An Australian warship was invited along with 26 other European countries. Looked like a great day for the royals and spectators.

I can see a bump in those pictures where she had the navy dress, she is gorgeous, I liked her from the very first tuime I saw her as a bride in her beautiful wedding day. She has a great family, they must be all thrilled with the news.

Yes, unless they are otherwise unable to fullfill the duty as Monarch and regent. Anything else would be unheard of. I can't recall that has happened before.

It is Frederik who will be back on the 13. Then he will be Regent. his parents will still be away until the 22. August. Presumably in France as usual at this time of year.

There is no mentioning of what Frederik will be up to for the next two days.

Just wondering, if Frederik is back on the 13th, he isn't going to the Summer Youth Olympics, which he said he would be and missing his cousins weddings? :ermm:

According to the DRF calendar (updated today) Frederik will be in Singapore from 24-26 August, Henrik will be in Shanghai from 25 August to 1 September. And therefore it's the Queen, Mary, Joachim&Marie who will attend the wedding in Greece.

He is not just going for the Youth Olympics but also to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Danish Seamens' Church in Singapore, held on 26 August.
And there are the 500 Years Danish Navy celebrations going on right now in Denmark with 2 more events for Frederik (stepping in for his mother) on 13 and 15 August.
So, obviously he could not go "at the start rather than the end".
Obviously Frederik and Henrik have engagements which are considered more important than the Greek wedding.

Obviously Frederik and Henrik have engagements which are considered more important than the Greek wedding.

It's the wedding of his cousin, nothing should be more important than that.

It is possible that Frederik's events could have been planned months if not a year in advance. And the Greek wedding was scheduled what.....six to eight weeks ago? I am pretty sure the Junior Olympics was planned at least a year in advance.

Frederik has engagements and will be represented by his wife....since his cousin is fully aware of Fredik's position and his duties......Nikolas most likely is not taking his cousin's absence as a snub. Stuff happens. Obviously everyone can' t be everywhere at the same time.

Last edited:
Celebration of the Danish Navy's 500 years anniversary in Copenhagen,
August 10, 2010:

Picture gallery from sn.dk:

** Billedserie: Mary til fest med flåden **

These pictures are sweet!:flowers: I wonder how CP Mary always looks so perfect. CP Mathilde and CP Letizia are like that too - always perfect skin, lovely dress, not a hair out of place, and warm smiles.

It's the wedding of his cousin, nothing should be more important than that.
Duty first. That is the way of life for many people, even non-royal.
There will be danish royal family representation at the wedding. They will have a great time even if Fredrik is not present.

Yes. Duty comes first for royals. Princess Benedikte is Nickolas' Aunt and she's attending to her duty by being regent in Denmark while Queen Margrethe, CP Frederik and Prince Joachim are out of the country.

CP Frederik is also Denmark's IOC representative and he was elected to the position late last year. He would be severely criticized by Danish organizations and the media if he missed his first Youth Olympics.

The calenders of royals are planned well in advanced. They can't cancel official engagements just like that!

Yes. Duty comes first for royals. Princess Benedikte is Nickolas' Aunt and she's attending to her duty by being regent in Denmark while Queen Margrethe, CP Frederik and Prince Joachim are out of the country.

CP Frederik is also Denmark's IOC representative and he was elected to the position late last year. He would be severely criticized by Danish organizations and the media if he missed his first Youth Olympics.

The calenders of royals are planned well in advanced. They can't cancel official engagements just like that!

He's going to the Summer Youth Olympics for a day, if he's going he should go for a sizeable amount of time.
Yes calenders of royals are planned months in advance and it's not Frederik's fault he is missing his cousins wedding.

Last edited:
Indeed a lovely appearance from the family, all ladies looked lovely last night.
Was their cars parked/stopped next to a bush or tree? Looks like it when Marie & Mary were dropped.

What a stunning event with the whole family, Mary looks wonderful.

Thanks for the dlightful pics. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2010.
Tre stærke kvinder - Three strong women.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

It's not much of an article in fact. The journalist has instead noted a very unusual thing indeed.
Queen Margrethe, Mary and la Marie (*) arrived at the orangerie togther in a car on this mild late summer evening. And then QMII suggested herself that all three of them should pose for the photographers.
QMII, being a majesty, rarely pose for photographers. To suggest it herself is extremely rare!

Then the royal gentlemen arrived. On foot. They had strolled the few hundred meters from Fredernsborg to the orangerie. With Prince Henrik in the front and Frederik (**) and Joachim chatting behind him.
After a little chat outside, the DRF went inside for this charity dinner on behalf of WWF. 260 guests were invited and each paid 5.000 DKK for this dinner, so that meant that WWF recieved 1.3 million DKK.
The food was excuisite. It better be at that price!

(*) All three ladies were stylish, yet Mary was in my opinion without any doubt the most classy lady of the evening.
Our Marie was sweet as always, even considering she was wearing a DP-dress, disruptive pattern, which is good for camuflage.

(**) I so much hope that Frederik will one day be kidnapped by five competent tailors!
No matter what definition you apply, you cannot call Frederik fat. Yet, his dinner jacket was bottoned with one botton, no problem except that he was on the verge of doing a Prince Henrik. As the botton looked like it could fly off any moment and hurt an innocent bystander. You do not, you simply do not show any shirt beneath your botton, when you have bottoned your suit. :ermm:
Joachim, on the other hand, was naturally correctly attired. With his handkerchief neatly folded as befits a gentleman. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom