Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Marie was great with that dress!! we can't really see that she's pregnant! she's still really thin!!!
It's great to know that her pregnancy is going well!

I loved seeing the photos of Queen Margarethe with the little ballerinas! I think it is great that she choreographed the ballet. She is such a talented woman. Is Marie curtseying in the last photo, or falling down? It is difficult to tell.

Prince Joachim revealed that Nikolai had a red mark under his eye resulting from a quarrel with his brother.
(Source BrunoPress)

:lol: I can see in the photos that Joachim seems to be keeping them apart.

This seems to be a bad habit of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik to ignore whomever is curtsying. I recall similar photos of Mary curtsying and being ignored while the regent couple carried on whatever conversation they were having, and on more than one occasion.

Why does Marie curtsy to Henrik? They're both HRH, aren't they?

Why does Marie curtsy to Henrik? They're both HRH, aren't they?

Yes, the are both HRH, but there are several reasons (I would believe) for Marie to curtsey to him:

1. He's higher in rank in the HRH pecking order (Prince Consort and she is a princess by marriage to his second son)

2. Out of respect, he is her father-in-law

This seems to be a bad habit of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik to ignore whomever is curtsying. I recall similar photos of Mary curtsying and being ignored while the regent couple carried on whatever conversation they were having, and on more than one occasion.

This is a very unfortunate habit. I'm sure that it creates many awkward situations. Hopefully, they will become more aware of this in the future. :ermm:

Yes for example this one is a terrible picture, pregnant Marie clinging onto Henrik http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=867871 and in the IPA gallery further down there are a few examples of what Margrethe usually does when her daughters in law do curtsy: looking at her son(s) instead of paying attention to the person doing a respectful gesture in front of her.

Or............perhaps they are just a very relaxed and down to eart lot :flowers:...not alwayes focusing upon which photographer are pointing the camera at them in every second and instant......

Stif upperlips, as - IMO - must be what is requested in the previous posts, are not something that is in high regard by the Danes - IMO :nonono: (being a Dane myselfe)

Margrethe and Marie embraced cheek to cheek, with the Queen's hands placed upon Marie's upper arms, either just before, or just after, the curtsy.

Princess Benedikte and her sister Queen Anne-Marie of Greece attend a concert of the Sct. Anna Girlchoir. December 16

Carina Axelsson was also present, she was seated in the row behind the Queen and the Princess.

Carina Axelsson was also present, she was seated in the row behind the Queen and the Princess.

nice to see carina out and about with her in laws. both her and marie in the ballet pictures seem much integrated to the family already, it's really nice to see.

Ah, I finally noticed Carina. She looks beautiful! I am also really glad to see her there.

Lovely pictures.Prince Henrik seems like a very caring grandfather.

On the 17th DRs Koncerthuset, the new concert hall will be opened in Copenhagen. Designed by noone less than Jean Nouvel!
With quite a royal attendance:

HM The Queen and HRH The Prince Consort
HRH The Crown Prince and HRH The Crown Princess
HRH Prince Joachim and HRH Princess Marie
HRH Prince Benedikte
The Crown Prince already visited the building site previously (see photo #9 in this link: http://www.dr.dk/Koncerthuset/Om-koncerthuset/Billedserier/20080225143434.htm).

There will be several opening concerts at the premises which have several auditoriums. About time a sophisticated city like Copenhagen had a grand concerthall! A pity it's not really downtown... Well, one consolation: once Amsterdam's Concertgebouw was in the middle of nowhere...

Here's some info about the Gala Opening Concert, in Danish: http://www.dr.dk/Koncerthuset/Kalender/2009-01/gallakoncert.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom