Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's please get back on track. This thread is to discuss the Danish Royal Family.

It looks like Fred is immitating the scene from the movie Big where Tom Hanks eats that tiny little piece of pickled corn. Very funny!

Oh yah, one more thing, I wanted Jochim to be sitting next to Jenna. That we we could start rumors of those to being an item!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please not. Jenna is such a foolish girl. she's got this American highschool mentality around her, and I really don't like that.

New subject matter:

When does the Danish Royal Family go to Graasten?

I just loved to see Jenna in this dinner with the The Royal Family. She is very pretty, IMO, and her cloth seems to be very elegant to the occasion.

are they now having holidays? we havent seen them much

Lady Cathrine Rose said:
It looks like Fred is immitating the scene from the movie Big where Tom Hanks eats that tiny little piece of pickled corn. Very funny!

I think Fred was having a hell of a good time with the presidents' daughter!. I think he was being himself really.
What a difference when he is close to mary he seems so up-tide and stress looking around as if he is counting the seconds to get away from the whole situation. usually is mary who does the talk constantly looking at him and he is just simply somewhere else :rolleyes:

in half an hour it'll be shown in tv (biography channel) the programme called royal family and the danish royal family is talked this week in that programme.

rchainho said:
in half an hour it'll be shown in tv (biography channel) the programme called royal family and the danish royal family is talked this week in that programme.

which area do you live in? will it be repeated on the biography channel?

are there any set date for the danish events
what i know is the new year ball are there any other such events

Norges Kongepar aflægger festbesøg i Danmark den 7. - 8. november 2005

Hofmarskallatet meddeler:

Efter indbydelse fra Hendes Majestæt Dronningen og Hans Kongelige Højhed Prinsgemalen aflægger Norges Kongepar, Deres Majestæter Kong Harald V og Dronning Sonja samt H.K.H. Kronprins Haakon et festbesøg i Danmark i dagene 7. - 8. november 2005. Besøget finder sted i forbindelse med markeringen af 100-året for Norges selvstændighed og den danske Prins Carls ankomst til Norge og kåring som Kong Haakon VII.

Hofmarskallatet, den 29. september 2005

from the offical website......i'm just guessing it may be a royal visit from norway from nov 7-8? anyone want translate?

bigheadshirmp said:
Norges Kongepar aflægger festbesøg i Danmark den 7. - 8. november 2005

Hofmarskallatet meddeler:

Efter indbydelse fra Hendes Majestæt Dronningen og Hans Kongelige Højhed Prinsgemalen aflægger Norges Kongepar, Deres Majestæter Kong Harald V og Dronning Sonja samt H.K.H. Kronprins Haakon et festbesøg i Danmark i dagene 7. - 8. november 2005. Besøget finder sted i forbindelse med markeringen af 100-året for Norges selvstændighed og den danske Prins Carls ankomst til Norge og kåring som Kong Haakon VII.

Hofmarskallatet, den 29. september 2005
The press release says that the Norwegian King, Queen and Crown Prince will pay an official (festivity visit is the words they use) visit to Denmark 7-8 November. The visit will be made in connection with the Norwegian centennial, and the Danish Prince Carl's arival to Norway and coronation as King Haakon VII.

Josefine said:
are there any set date for the danish events
what i know is the new year ball are there any other such events

could anyone help me is the new year gala 31 december or a few days in to the new year

Josefine said:
could anyone help me is the new year gala 31 december or a few days in to the new year
There are actually several galas - one on New Year's Day, and several in the following week. This year they were cancelled/postponed due to the Tsunami.

i always thought there was only one at new year
so you know about when the galas are is all tiara events?

The first one is the one we traditionally think of, Queen Margrethe host a dinner for the members of the cabinet, the higher ranked in defence and police, on the day after New Year's Eve - which is a gala dinner - when the royal family drag out the order of the Elephant. The others, from what I've been able to gather in the past days, as I also thought there was just one, are more low-key and not really gala.

The first one is called Nytårskur og -taffel, the others seem to just be Nytårskur - from what I've been able to gather from a search on Google.

information taken from gremb:

the next 6 of november the whole royal family will attend a concert to the memory of queen ingrid :)

it's expected the attendance of all member of the family, including mary (it will be her first engagement after she gave birth) and alexandra, princess benedikte and queen anne marie.

6 November
The Prince Consort will attend the Hubertus Hunt in the Jægersborg Deer Garden

apparently Prince Nikolai & Prince Felix was there with their granfather...:)

(pictures from polfoto)

Attachments

• ch145342_guest.jpg
    ch145342_guest.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 280
  • ch145341_guest.jpg
    ch145341_guest.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 244
Pictures from the Queen Ingrid memorial concert this evening.
POLFOTO

Three more. Nice to see, that so many members of the Danish Royal family are present.
Again Polfoto

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 586
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 471
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 291
  • a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 255
  • a5.jpg
    a5.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 386
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 289
  • a7.jpg
    a7.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 371
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 368
Anne-Marie looks divine! Is there a nice big pic of her from ColourPress etc. That fur is fabulous and she looks so beautiful! Wow!

I love all of the outfits at this occassion, well except one, who is the woman in the last pic? She looks rather strange to me.:confused:

But, I love the creativity of Alexandra's dress, and Mary's dress was very flattering for her post-baby body.:)

Love Queen Margrethe's fur, I just have to imagine that it doesn't come from an animal!

Layla1971 said:
I love all of the outfits at this occassion, well except one, who is the woman in the last pic? She looks rather strange to me.:confused:

It is Princess Alexandra sayn Berleberg, eldest daughter of Princess Benedikte, with her husband Count Jefferson von Pfeil.

I think it's the lighting combined with the brightness/starkness of her red dress and black jacket that looks Alexandra so washed out.

Is there a guest list of who attended? So far we've seen pictures of:
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik
Princess Beneditke (no Richard? how about Princess Beneditke's other children, Gustav and Nathalie?)
Queen Anne Marie (no King Constantine or Nikolaos who usually accompanies his mom)
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary
Princess Alexandra (no Joachim?)
Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson von Pfeil.

Layla1971 said:

But, I love the creativity of Alexandra's dress, and Mary's dress was very flattering for her post-baby body.:)

Love Queen Margrethe's fur, I just have to imagine that it doesn't come from an animal!

Princess Benedikte's daughter, Alexandra and her husband, Jefferson.

ok, is it just me, or is Alexandra really more tense and less radiant, less relaxed, when on an official outing with her now ex-in laws? maybe I'm just conjecturing, or perhaps she's got the wrong make-up thing going, or maybe it's the photographer's lights, but doesn't she look stressed in these pictures at least?

In the video was the man who arrived just after Princess Alexandra, but before the CP couple, Prince Joachim? I can't really tell.:eek: :(

princess olga said:
ok, is it just me, or is Alexandra really more tense and less radiant, less relaxed, when on an official outing with her now ex-in laws? maybe I'm just conjecturing, or perhaps she's got the wrong make-up thing going, or maybe it's the photographer's lights, but doesn't she look stressed in these pictures at least?

It's cold there and her dress doesn't seem very warm, maybe it's just something simple like that.

Alexandria said:
Is there a guest list of who attended? So far we've seen pictures of:
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik
Princess Beneditke (no Richard? how about Princess Beneditke's other children, Gustav and Nathalie?)
Queen Anne Marie (no King Constantine or Nikolaos who usually accompanies his mom)
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary
Princess Alexandra (no Joachim?)
Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson von Pfeil.

According to a BB article King Constantine couldn't attend the event (I don't know the reason). On video, I did see Prince Nikolaos (he proceeded his mother) and Prince Joachim, who came after Princess Alexandra.

Alisa said:
According to a BB article King Constantine couldn't attend the event (I don't know the reason). On video, I did see Prince Nikolaos (he proceeded his mother) and Prince Joachim, who came after Princess Alexandra.

Thanks Alisa; I haven't seen the video yet. I hope we'll get to see some pictures of Prince Nikolaos and Prince Joachim soon too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom