Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush will make a stop-over in Denmark on July 6 (his 59th birthday) before their participation in the G-8 summit in Gleneagles, Scotland.

The summit is from 6-8 July. So, Bush will most likely stay in Denmark for a day and the primary focus of the visit to Denmark to dicuss Iraq, Middle-East, and U.S. ties with the European Union. The meeting with the Royal Family will most likely just be for a few hours, as this is not a state visit but more of a return visit to Anders Rasmussen (Prime Minister of Denmark, who paid a visit to Washington in May 2005.

I just heard an advertisement for a magazine and it got my attention. It said "Crown Princess Mary and her baby and the Da Vinci code- The Royal palace in shock"

It sounds silly, especially being on "New Idea" Magazine, but does anyone know anything about this? I cant exactly buy the magazine because its a womans magazine lol

Australian said:
I just heard an advertisement for a magazine and it got my attention. It said "Crown Princess Mary and her baby and the Da Vinci code- The Royal palace in shock"

It sounds silly, especially being on "New Idea" Magazine, but does anyone know anything about this? I cant exactly buy the magazine because its a womans magazine lol

I am glad you didn't buy the magazine, Australian. It all pretty much bull, the writer was probably on crack who decided to print a story using Mary's name (as to sell more copies).

Here is what its about. It basically talks about Princess Mary's baby having a divine link. According to the Da Vinci Code (a fictional novel), the Merovigian dynasty was the result of 'marriage' between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene. The descendents of Christ and Mary Magdalene married into French Royal Houses and somehow the Prince Consort is one such descendent. Therefore the link of Mary's child with divinity:confused: :rolleyes: :p

I mean the whole article is a sorry attempt to try to boost their sales.

Good grief, Charlie Brown, where do they come up with this stuff?:(

yeah i think that that too, just wanted to know what they were saying this time to sell magazines lol. Thanks !

President Bush & wife Laura to Denmark (6-7 July)

This is a part of the President's official schedule:

"The President and Mrs. Bush will depart Washington for Copenhagen on Tuesday, July 5. They will arrive in Copenhagen late in the evening, where they will greet Her Majesty the Queen Margrethe and His Royal Highness Prince Henrick.

On Wednesday, July 6th, the President and Mrs. Bush will begin their morning by having breakfast with Prime Minister and Mrs. Rusmussen. The President and Prime Minister will meet after breakfast, followed by a joint press availability. Afterwards, the President and Mrs. Bush will join a lunch hosted by Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness. And the President and Mrs. Bush will depart Gleneagles, Scotland Wednesday afternoon"

President Bush is the guest of the Danish Prime Minister. Danish newspaper B.T. says that Crown Prince Fredrik and Crown Princess Mary will also be at the lunch. Around 50 people will attend it.

Last edited:
pdas1201 said:
I am glad you didn't buy the magazine, Australian. It all pretty much bull, the writer was probably on crack who decided to print a story using Mary's name (as to sell more copies).

Here is what its about. It basically talks about Princess Mary's baby having a divine link. According to the Da Vinci Code (a fictional novel), the Merovigian dynasty was the result of 'marriage' between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene. The descendents of Christ and Mary Magdalene married into French Royal Houses and somehow the Prince Consort is one such descendent. Therefore the link of Mary's child with divinity:confused: :rolleyes: :p

I mean the whole article is a sorry attempt to try to boost their sales.

ahahaha, that could be one of the most ridiculous stories that I've ever heard.

Denmark is ready for Bush...

According to Danish newspaper B.T., Airforce One will land at Copenhagen Airport at around 9:30 PM tonight. It is thought that Crown Prince Fredrik and Crown Princess Mary will meet the President, Mrs Bush and their daughter Jenna at the aiport. This will also be Mary's biggest event so far as Crown Princess!

From the Copenhagen Airport, the President, Mrs Bush and Jenna will fly by helicopter to Fredensborg where they will greet Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. According to the newspaper's souces, the staff has been ordered to have everything ready for tonight and the next morning, as President Bush is expected to want to go to bed early as he always does (they will sleep at Fredensborg).

Already around 7 AM tomorrow morning, the President and Mrs Bush will leave for the Prime Minister's residence Marienborg to have breakfast with the Prime Minister and Mrs. Rusmussen.

In the day tomorrow, the President and Mrs. Bush will join a lunch hosted by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. The President and Mrs. Bush will depart Gleneagles, Scotland, on Wednesday afternoon.

Picture from Polfoto

Some pics from the lunch of Queen Margrethe and Frederik with George and Jenna Bush. From Yahoo News.

Attachments

• capt.jpg
    capt.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 365
  • r599033515.jpg
    r599033515.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 269
  • r954629558.jpg
    r954629558.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 457
  • r3473319613.jpg
    r3473319613.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 244
  • r3990376258.jpg
    r3990376258.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 305
  • cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 274
marezdote said:
Some pics from the lunch of Queen Margrethe and Frederik with George and Jenna Bush. From Yahoo News.

If Frederik were still single I bet some tabloid would come up with a story about Frederik and Jenna Bush being a hot item and Jenna being the next Queen of Denmark! ;)

From Getty. Queen Margarethe presented President Bush with a birthday cake as today is his 59th birthday.

Attachments

• 53201789.jpg
    53201789.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 53201964.jpg
    53201964.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 53201974.jpg
    53201974.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 289
Alexandria said:
If Frederik were still single I bet some tabloid would come up with a story about Frederik and Jenna Bush being a hot item and Jenna being the next Queen of Denmark! ;)

I don´t think that CP Frederik woud ever marry a 23 years old girl from USA..not even if she was the daugther of the president.

It was reported that the meal, fish and venison, was cooked by the Queen´s own cook. But that President Bush´s meal was prepared by his own cook. Either a major insult to his hosts or maybe he was not confident on the Danes knowing how to make a proper peanut butter and jelly sandwich.:)

Dennism said:
It was reported that the meal, fish and venison, was cooked by the Queen´s own cook. But that President Bush´s meal was prepared by his own cook. Either a major insult to his hosts or maybe he was not confident on the Danes knowing how to make a proper peanut butter and jelly sandwich.:)

is that right, if i was the danish royals i would take it as an insult lol. imagine going to someones dinner party but bringing your own food!

The Danes provided the wine too including "Chateau de Caïx Danemark 1985" :). Yes, that would be bad as well.

there again its George bush , so people really shoudnt be suprised at what ever that man does !

I would have taken that as an insult as well. This wonderful woman has given you a free place to stay and thrown a banquet in your honor and you don't eat her food (also a birthday cake!!). If Mr. Bush was on a diet for health reasons I think we could all understand, but since we here in the US know that he's not (or at least if he is the news hasn't reported it) then I don't get it. It would be like someone fixing a Christmas supper and your guest bringing in a Happy Meal from McDonalds!!!! Rude, Rude, Rude!!!! And being from Texas, you would think that he would like venison!!!

If there is no medical condition why he cant eat the Danish food, then i understand, but if its not, it is just rudeness.

I certainly hope that he doesn't behave that way in Scotland. From what I understand the Queen is hosting a banquet for all the members of the G8 Summit. Can you imagine Tony Blair having to have a talk with Bush about the fact that the Queen's chef is cooking the meal and not his own chef. Not to mention, I find it quite upsetting that a chef (and staff probably) is being flown half way around the world on my tax dollars!!!!!

New pictures from today. I like Mary's outfit very stylish and the colour is also very nice.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 642
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 570
  • e.jpeg
    e.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 382
  • f.jpeg
    f.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 493
  • d.jpeg
    d.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 335
  • c.jpeg
    c.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 455
More pictures from the lunch today

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 519
  • za.jpeg
    za.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 323
  • zb.jpeg
    zb.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 317
  • zc.jpeg
    zc.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 584
  • zd.jpeg
    zd.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 247
Actually it's standard protocol. Bush's cook will make his meal in Scotland as well. Not because he doesn't trust the other cooks abilities, but because his advisors don't trust others. I've read about this situation multiple times. It's a security measure they are trying to claim...why they feel the Queen of Denmark's cook would do anything is beyond me, but it's something they do all the time. Silly or not. Besides it's not like he ate a completely different meal. He had the same thing, his cook simply prepared it, not the Queens. To me I don't see why it's such a big deal in the first place.

misshelen said:
New pictures from today. I like Mary's outfit very stylish and the colour is also very nice.

Thanks for the photos. Yes, nice color. And those shoes are so pointy. Maybe she´s going to speak at a convention of forest-dwelling dwarfs(or height-challenged, to be politically correct) afterwards and wanted to blend in as much as possible.

Britters said:
Actually it's standard protocol. Bush's cook will make his meal in Scotland as well. Not because he doesn't trust the other cooks abilities, but because his advisors don't trust others. I've read about this situation multiple times. It's a security measure they are trying to claim...why they feel the Queen of Denmark's cook would do anything is beyond me, but it's something they do all the time. Silly or not. Besides it's not like he ate a completely different meal. He had the same thing, his cook simply prepared it, not the Queens. To me I don't see why it's such a big deal in the first place.

Yeah, I heard this before. It´s still an insult. Yes, his advisors. This is true. But his advisors are still insulting the hosts anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
if i was his advisors I'd do the same thing! if somebody wants him dead, they'll take any chance they can get. It's not bush's fault. it's his advisors! Stop blaming the man for everything that does on around him.

She'd have my vote!!:) But I think it was great that these two got paired up. Jenna is a great deal of fun and so is Frederick. I bet they got along great!

Alexandria said:

I agree. SOme of you need to be realistic and stop whining!

GömdNatt said:
if i was his advisors I'd do the same thing! if somebody wants him dead, they'll take any chance they can get. It's not bush's fault. it's his advisors! Stop blaming the man for everything that does on around him.

What is Fred doing?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=166223

Last edited by a moderator:
From photographer Klaus Møller (the Queen's dachshund ate four sandwiches reserved for the press)

Attachments

• pic1115.jpg
    pic1115.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 613
  • pic1118.jpg
    pic1118.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 320
  • pic1119.jpg
    pic1119.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 235
  • pic1121.jpg
    pic1121.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 220
  • pic1124.jpg
    pic1124.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 235
  • pic1129.jpg
    pic1129.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 195
I understand completely about the President's security concerns. Although, IMO all the blame doesn't need to go on the advisors either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom