Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennism said:
Ha ha ha. Maybe that´s why Vega likes to lick him! :)
Yeah she (or he??!!:confused: ) wants to find out which pølse (sausage) to vote for, the dog looks as though it has her doubts about the Henrik one... :D

ha ha ha. Very good.

What in the world does "rigsforstander" mean ?

http://kongehuset.dk/aktuelt/kalender/

makes reference to "regent" and the above term.

Seems to me, before Frederik got married, everybody could be "regent" in Margrethe's absence.

Can anybody provide an exact meaning (and translation) as to what differentiates "regent" from "rigsforstander" ?

In the danish dictionary rigsforstander means: A person who leads a government in the regent's absence.
And regent means: The head of state in a monarci or the person who stands in the regent's place, when the regent is abroad or ill ect.

Didn't really help did it? :/

what royals are
Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador
can someone post a list

Josefine said:
what royals are
Honorary Hans Christian Andersen Ambassador
can someone post a list
For 2005, so far I know of the following:

1) Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxemburg

2) Princess Laurentein of the Netherlands

Anybody has anything to add to the list..

Last edited:
pdas1201 said:
For 2005, so far I know of the following:

1) Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxemburg

2) Princess Laurentein of the Netherlands

Anybody has anything to add to the list..

What are the ambassadors responsible for? (Promoting the author's books is the obvious answer, I would think.) And only within their respective countries -- i.e. Luxembourg and the Netherlands in the above mentioned cases. And will there be some sort of gathering in Denmark in the near future?

hrhcp said:
Who will be representing the Danish Royals at Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands funeral?
I think it migth be Queen Margrethé and Prince Henrik or CrownPrince Frederik and CrownPrincesse Mary but i don´t know becaus ther is nothing in ther calender for the sad funeral of Prince Bernhard of Holland.

hrhcp said:
Who will be representing the Danish Royals at Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands funeral?
I am adjustments will be made in order for someone to attend the funeral. The schedule was posted before the Prince's death.

Alisa said:
I am adjustments will be made in order for someone to attend the funeral. The schedule was posted before the Prince's death.
The royal court has announced that Prince Henrik will be atending the funeral of Prince Bernhard the 11/12-04.

Polfoto 09-12-2004 Arkiv - Den forestående skilsmisse mellem prins Joachim og prinsesse Alexandra ændrer ikke på juletraditionerne i den kongelige familie. Parret og deres to sønner, prins Nikolai og prins Felix, samles med den øvrige familie til juleaften på Marselisborg Slot i Århus. Regentparret ankommer med den kongelige togvogn til Århus Banegård den 21. december om morgenen og ventes at blive i Århus til den 30. december, hvor dronningen skal tilbage til København for at forberede nytårstalen til dagen efter. Kronprins Frederik og kronprinsesse Mary kommer også til juleaften på Marselisborg. Ifølge hoffets pressechef Lis Frederiksen er det endnu ikke besluttet, hvor længe de unge bliver på det århusianske slot.
(something about where everyone is spending Christmas)

Does anyone know when this photo was originally taken? I'm assuming that 'arkiv' means archive...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 246
Lyonnaise said:
Polfoto 09-12-2004 Arkiv - Den forestående skilsmisse mellem prins Joachim og prinsesse Alexandra ændrer ikke på juletraditionerne i den kongelige familie. Parret og deres to sønner, prins Nikolai og prins Felix, samles med den øvrige familie til juleaften på Marselisborg Slot i Århus. Regentparret ankommer med den kongelige togvogn til Århus Banegård den 21. december om morgenen og ventes at blive i Århus til den 30. december, hvor dronningen skal tilbage til København for at forberede nytårstalen til dagen efter. Kronprins Frederik og kronprinsesse Mary kommer også til juleaften på Marselisborg. Ifølge hoffets pressechef Lis Frederiksen er det endnu ikke besluttet, hvor længe de unge bliver på det århusianske slot.
(something about where everyone is spending Christmas)

Does anyone know when this photo was originally taken? I'm assuming that 'arkiv' means archive...
That could have been Henrik's birthday.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
That could have been Henrik's birthday.
No, this picture was taken at Queen Margrethe's birthday earlier this year, pre-Frederik and Mary's wedding.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
It would be nice if Fred and Mary attend the Funeral of Prince Bernard.
Why would Frederik and Mary attend the funeral when everyone else attending is much older than them and with a higher rank than them? Frederik probably never even met Bernhard. It makes much more sense for Henrik to go. Or the Queen or even Benedikte but NOT Frederik and Mary or Joachim.
It has already been announced that PRINCE HENRIK will attend the funeral.

Vicomtesse said:
Why would Frederik and Mary attend the funeral when everyone else attending is much older than them and with a higher rank than them? Frederik probably never even met Bernhard. It makes much more sense for Henrik to go. Or the Queen or even Benedikte but NOT Frederik and Mary or Joachim.
It has already been announced that PRINCE HENRIK will attend the funeral.
I only say "it would be nice if they attend" i do not say they must attend.It will be nice if they attend,and if they can not,it's OK,no problem.Why you compare that other Royals have higher rank than them and they can not attend?Who have given that law?All of them are Royals no one higher or lower.You must look at yourself,are you Royal?Do not pay so much attention about that,they go,it can show their respect to Prince Bernhard. You always complain everything when you post!:mad:

does anyone have this photo in close up

Attachments

• 745260_02.jpg
    745260_02.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 844
Josefine said:
does anyone have this photo in close up
Here Josefine, from IBL.

Attachments

• IBL74526001.jpg
    IBL74526001.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 317
  • IBL74526002.jpg
    IBL74526002.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 379
Wasn't this picture taken the day of the oficial engagement dinner?

Ennyllorac said:
Wasn't this picture taken the day of the oficial engagement dinner?
Yes, it was taken October 8, 2003 before the engagement dinner.

Will Queen Margrethe's New Year's address be broadcast on the internet as well ?

02/01 05 Officiel mindehøjtidelighed i Vor Frue Kirke for ofrene for naturkatastrofen i Sydøstasien med deltagelse af Hendes Majestæt Dronningen, Hans Kongelige Højhed Prinsen, Kronprinsparret, Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim og Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra, kl. 14.00.

Does this mean the Danish Royal Family would attend a church memorial service for those people who died in the tsunami disaster in South Asia?

paulette said:
02/01 05 Officiel mindehøjtidelighed i Vor Frue Kirke for ofrene for naturkatastrofen i Sydøstasien med deltagelse af Hendes Majestæt Dronningen, Hans Kongelige Højhed Prinsen, Kronprinsparret, Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim og Hendes Kongelige Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra, kl. 14.00.

Does this mean the Danish Royal Family would attend a church memorial service for those people who died in the tsunami disaster in South Asia?
Yes. Its says that the royal family will attend a memorial service in Vor Frue Kirke in Copenhagen.

I just read in the danish tabloid BT, that the danish royal family is donating in all 300.000 kr (nearly 43.000 euros) to the different foundations and organisations that they each have as their protections.

Margrethe and Henrik: 100.000 kr (around 15.000 euros) to five different helporganisations

Frederik and Mary: 50.000 kr (around 7000 euros) to Red Barnet which is one of Marys Protections and the same to Danish red cross which is Frederiks Protection.

Joachim and Alexandra: 100.000 to Unicef

MarieLouise said:
I just read in the danish tabloid BT, that the danish royal family is donating in all 300.000 kr (nearly 43.000 euros) to the different foundations and organisations that they each have as their protections.

Margrethe and Henrik: 100.000 kr (around 15.000 euros) to five different helporganisations

Frederik and Mary: 50.000 kr (around 7000 euros) to Red Barnet which is one of Marys Protections and the same to Danish red cross which is Frederiks Protection.

umm...just one question....looking at the numbers......Fred and Mary seems to donate the least $$ when compare with Jochiam and Alexandra and the Queen and Henrik....i thought the crown princely couple has more income ($$) than Prince Joachima and Princess Alexandra

bigheadshirmp said:
umm...just one question....looking at the numbers......Fred and Mary seems to donate the least $$ when compare with Jochiam and Alexandra and the Queen and Henrik....i thought the crown princely couple has more income ($$) than Prince Joachima and Princess Alexandra
I think the point should not be stressed in how much individuals (including celebrities and royal persons) donate but that they donate at all.

People should donate what they feel comfortable with donating; it is not a competition to see who can donate more money in the Danish royal family.

Frederik and Mary donated something and that is good enough; every little bit counts and matters in these relief efforts not who donates how much.

bigheadshirmp said:
Fred and Mary gave the exact same amount as the Queen and Henrik, as well as the exact same amount as Joachim and Alexandra - 50,000 kr to Red Barnet and 50,000 kr to the Red Cross, for a total donation of 100,000 kr.

MarieLouise said:

These amounts are not donated by the royals privately but by their foundations. They might very well donate privately as well, but that is not likely to be made public.

Last edited:
laduchesse said:
Fred and Mary gave the exact same amount as the Queen and Henrik, as well as the exact same amount as Joachim and Alexandra - 50,000 kr to Red Barnet and 50,000 kr to the Red Cross, for a total donation of 100,000 kr.
thank you for ur clarification...cuz i was just saying it's kinda of weird for the crown princely couple to donate a different amount than the queen and prince henrik and jochiam and alexandra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom