Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Alisa@Jun 29th, 2004 - 7:21 pm
Frederik og Marys koncert gav 5,4 mio. kr.

Når kronprins Frederik og Mary kommer hjem fra deres rejse i Grønland, skal de tage stilling til, hvordan 5,4 mio. kr. skal fordeles blandt fattige børn.

Pengene stammer fra bryllupskoncerten Rock'n'Royal i Parken i København den 7. maj.

Red Barnet arbejder både for børn i Danmark og udlandet. Ifølge generalsekretær Mimi Jakobsen er der endnu ikke taget stilling til, hvilke af organisationens projekter der skal have glæde af overskuddet fra koncerten.

/ritzau/

Can someone translate please? :flower:
Frederik and Mary's concert made 5,4 million danish kroners (approx. 725.000 Euros).

When Crownprince Frederik and Mary gets home from their visit in Greenland, they have to decide on, how 5,4 millions is going to be distributed among the poor children of the world.

The money was the income of the wedding concert Rock'n'Royal in Parken in Copenhagen at May the 7th.

Save the children works both for children in Denmark and abroad. According to secretary general Mimi Jakobsen it isn't decided yet, which of the projects of the organization will benefit from the profit of the concert.

According to the danish tabloid BT, the moulds for the most distinguished order of the Danish Royal house, The order of the elephant, has been stolen:

There has been a break-in at the creator of the orders, the silversmith Georg Jensen. The manager of the company tells, that several moulds for orders and medals of the royal family are missing.

During the break-in, also 1000 pieces of specially made cutlery for the jordian Queen Rania was stolen.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's bad news with that break-in .... i suppose from now on, there will be a second mould stored at another location?

A pity really ... the Queen will probably take this opportunity to design a new pattern for "The Order of the Elephant" .. so, the old will gradually disappear from view.

Link to picture of Elefanten.

Elefantordenens forme stjålet
Polfoto 01-07-2004
Arkiv (2003) - Elefantorden på Rosenborg Slot. yveriet fra sølvsmedjen Georg Jensen i weekenden er langt større end først antaget.

Flere kilder bekræfter, at der blandt tyvekosterne er unikke støbeforme til Danmarks fornemste orden, Elefantordenen.

Adm. direktør Hans-Henrik Højsgaard, Georg Jensen, siger til Morgenavisen Jyllands-Posten torsdag:

»Det er korrekt, at der mangler flere forme til kongehusets ordener og medaljer. Når vi har et endeligt overblik, orienterer vi bl.a. kongehuset.«

Virksomheden står foran et tidkrævende arbejde i forsøget på at genskabe de unikke forme ud fra originale elefantordener.Tyvene stjal formene fra et specialsikret rum fra virksomheden på Frederiksberg under et indbrud, der også omfattede 1.000 stykker specialfremstillet bestik til Jordans dronning Rania samt 400 armbåndsure til en samlet værdi af ca. fem mio. kr.Der findes blot 72 bærere af Elefantordenen, og udover skibsreder Mærsk Mckinney-Møller, bæres den kun af statsoverhoveder og kongelige.

A translation would be appreciated .. on the more salient points. :) :flower:

QMII is artistic to be sure, but she's also VERY royal. She knows that her art is her own and that it is not always best to mix royal tradition with her artistic flair. I'm certain she would not redesign the missing order. She'll probably just have them make another based on the decorations that already exist. Although she's very innovative, I'm positive (after reading her memoirs) that she is very aware that her position isn't about her as much as it is about the position itself. She'll keep the traditions the same.

By the way- why on earth would anyone want to steal the mold for a tiny elephant? It all seems rather ridiculous to me! :rolleyes:

-Kathleen

SpiffyBallerina  Posted: Jul 2nd, 2004 - 11:14 pm

... I'm positive (after reading her memoirs) that she is very aware that her position isn't about her as much as it is about the position itself. She'll keep the traditions the same.
memoirs ? --- what is it called, so I can get a copy ?

By the way- why on earth would anyone want to steal the mold for a tiny elephant?
sounds like it was a "clean sweep" of a robbery at the place of manufacture.
- we know they took the "Elefanten" and Queen Rania of Jordan's new table setting service .. what else did they take? what was it, that the robbers were really after?

Her book is WONDERFUL- and it has been translated to English.
Her book is called "Queen in Denmark" and www.alibris.com has it occasionally (it's out of print because it was published in like 1988). I got it for a total of 35$ and it was worth every cent. She's quite an amazing woman.

Hope I helped!
-Kathleen

A lot of the phrases used in the calender is quite international, but in case somebody has difficulties in understanding, I'll make a short translation:

12/07 04 H.M. Dronningen giver offentlig audiens på Christiansborg Slot, kl. 10.00.

The Queen holds a public audience at Christianborg Castle.
These audiences are for people, who wants to thank the Queen for something. In principle, they are open to everyone, but I think you need a reason to actually be allowed to shake hands with the Queen.

12/07 04 H.M. Dronningen til stede ved "Urparade" på Livgardens Kaserne, kl. 14.00.

H.M. The Queen will be present during the "watch-parade" at the barracks of Livgarden.
'Livgarden' is the Royal life guards in Denmark. The ones with the big hats made out of bearskin ;)
The "watch-parade" is an old tradition. A particular gifted soldier receives a watch.

22/07 04 Regentparret går omborg på DANNEBROG. Afg. Århus, kl. 19.00.

The royal couple boards Dannebrog, departure towards Århus.

22/07 04 H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte tager ophold på Graasten Slot.

H.R.H: Princess Benedikte starts her stay at Graasten Castle.

25/07/04 Kronprinsparret går ombord i Kongeskibet Dannebrog fra Nordre Toldbod. Afgang København. Sommertogt med Kongeskibet Dannebrog indledes.  kl. 19:00

The Crownprince couple boards Dannebrog Nordre Toldbod (a quay in Copenhagen). The summercruise with Dannebrog begins.

Thanks Chatleen.

Nice to learn the Danish RF uses international phrases. I learned the Swedish RF uses old Swedish? in their webpage itinerary.

The old picture depicting the royal family has now been replaced with a photo featuring the new CPss.

The old one showed the late Queen Ingrid, Queen Anne-Marie, and Princess Benedikte.

Kongefamilien

Alisa  Posted: Jul 13th, 2004 - 7:50 am

The old picture depicting the royal family has now been replaced with a photo featuring the new CPss.
About time !

But ..... this scenario was photographed when Mary was still engaged?

Sure would be nice to see a new official family picture

Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 13th, 2004 - 4:51 pm
About time !

But ..... this scenario was photographed when Mary was still engaged?
Yep, I believe it was taken on QMII's birthday, so that would have been before the wedding. :)

I didn't like the new royal family picture posted in the website because their faces weren't focused in one single direction. I pity Prince Nikolai because his face was entirely covered so he wasn't seen. I would prefer if they would post a formal picture of the Royal Family wearing formal attires.

it wouldn't surprise me if the Royal Danish court got thousands if tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of e-mails requesting that the main picture be updated. The picture they have now -- when Mary was still engaged -- serves as an interim measure. Time shall tell. :)

Maybe if I helped post some emails, they would all get dressed up one Sunday afternoon and have a formal photo taken :p . But I'm waaay too lazy!

At least this one has Mary, Felix and Nikolai, as opposed to not having them at all. And the other one still had the dear Queen Ingrid in it.... no question about it, it had to go.

Komtesse Feodora overfaldet: Hvid brud uden blå mærker

Når Feodora af Rosenborg 31. juli står brud i Holmens Kirke, sker det uden fysiske og psykiske mén.

– Glæden over at skulle giftes med Eric overskygger fuldstændig alt det, der skete den nat på Falster, siger den 29-årige komtesse, der heller ikke ønsker mere krisehjælp.

– Vil du se mine brudesko? Det er Eric, der har fundet dem.
Komtesse Feodora smiler til sin kæreste, den et år yngre franskmand Eric Patte. Næste lørdag bliver de mand og kone, og selv om Feodora godt ved, at alle detaljer omkring brudekjolen skal holdes hemmelige, til Eric ser hende i kirken, må hun lige fortælle, at »kjolen har slæb« og at sløret bliver »ret langt«.
– Jeg glæder mig helt vildt og har allerede så mange sommerfugle i maven.

Countess Feodora of Rosenborg will be married on July 31 to Eric Patte

I think not all members of the DRF will be present for they have some other important things to do but I am sure that they will be represented by one or two royals.

I can't view the pic of the DRF in Graasten... why??

These are a few photos of the Danish Family attending the wedding of Count Bendt Tido Hanibal Wedell to Pernille Rosalia Korsbak Poulsen, courtesey of Colourpress :) The photographer took quite a few pictures of Crown Princess Mary. It's easy to see why, she looks fantastic!

The wedding took place September 11, 2004 at the Husby Church. In the first picture Count Wedell arrives for his wedding and in the second photo the bride arrives with her father. The third photo gives you a closer look at Pernille's tiara...........

Princess Alexandra, Prince Joachim, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik arrive at the wedding site.

Pictures of some the guests. The young ladies in the second photo are friends of the bride.

Husby Church, the wedding site and Priest Erik Fonsboel, who I suspect was the officiant of the wedding.

Of course, here are photos of the newlyweds:)

Attachments

• Count Wedell wedding - CP Mary and CP Frederik.jpg
    Count Wedell wedding - CP Mary and CP Frederik.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,775
  • Count Wedell wedding - Crown Princess Mary.jpg
    Count Wedell wedding - Crown Princess Mary.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,530
  • Count Wedell arrives for his wedding.jpg
    Count Wedell arrives for his wedding.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,022
  • Count Wedell wedding - Pernille Poulsen and father.jpg
    Count Wedell wedding - Pernille Poulsen and father.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 3,665
  • Count Wedell wedding-Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.jpg
    Count Wedell wedding-Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,402
  • Count Bendt Wedell wedding 09-11-04 - guests arriving.jpg
    Count Bendt Wedell wedding 09-11-04 - guests arriving.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,954
  • Count Wedell wedding- Friends of the bride.jpg
    Count Wedell wedding- Friends of the bride.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,469
  • Pernille Poulsen - Closer look at tiara.jpg
    Pernille Poulsen - Closer look at tiara.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,460
  • CP Mary at Count Wedell wedding - Closeup photo.jpg
    CP Mary at Count Wedell wedding - Closeup photo.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,673
  • Princess Alexdra & Prince Joachim at Count Wedell wedding.jpg
    Princess Alexdra & Prince Joachim at Count Wedell wedding.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,649
  • Princess Alexandra at Count Wedell's wedding.jpg
    Princess Alexandra at Count Wedell's wedding.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,489
  • Count Wedell wedding - Husby Church, wedding site.jpg
    Count Wedell wedding - Husby Church, wedding site.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Count Bendt Wedell - Priest Erik Fonsboel.jpg
    Count Bendt Wedell - Priest Erik Fonsboel.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 489
  • Count Wedell and bride Pernille Poulsen2.jpg
    Count Wedell and bride Pernille Poulsen2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 992
  • Newlyweds Pernille Poulsen and Count Bendt Wedell after their wedding 09-11-04.jpg
    Newlyweds Pernille Poulsen and Count Bendt Wedell after their wedding 09-11-04.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,298
Last edited by a moderator:
They all looked great in those pictures!!! We have them all in really good quality from magazines, they're so great!

Pressemøde vedrørende Regentparrets statsbesøg i Japan

AMALIENBORG, den 8. oktober 2004

Der indkaldes til pressemøde vedrørende Regentparrets statsbesøg i Japan fra 15. - 19. november 2004.

Tirsdag den 2. november 2004, kl. 10.00 - 11.30
i Det Gule Palæ, Amaliegade 18, 1256 København K

Ved mødet vil der blive givet en orientering om statsbesøget.

Ove Ullerup

can anyone translate that? i guess it's about state visit to Japan?!!

Here's the translation:

Press-meeting regarding the Royal couple's statevisit to Japan
Amalienborg, 8th of October 2004

There will be a press-meeting regarding the Royal couple's statevisit to Japan 15th-19th of November 2004.

Tuesday the 2nd of November 2004, at 10:00-11:30 AM
The Yellow Palace, Amaliegade 18, 1256 Copenhagen K

At the meeting there will be an orientation about the statevisit.

Ove Ullerup

DKgirls said:
Here's the translation:

Press-meeting [on] 8th of October 2004 .... regarding the Royal couple's statevisit to Japan 15th-19th of November 2004.

At the meeting there will be an orientation about the statevisit.
I read there is intense desire from Danish companies to accompany the Royal Couple to Japan, and hope for opened doors.

Glad to hear that the Danes have finally caught on the "Team Canada" junket concept practiced a few years ago when Jean Chretien was Prime Minister. ;)

Copenhagen Post

A famous meat and sausage producer in Denmark has made a recent proposal to introduce a new range of sausages based on a Royal Family theme. Currently, the company is surveying consumers to see which sausage will be launched first and to gauge reaction from the public to the somewhat controversial product line. The consumer questionnaire asks people to choose the sausage they would most like to purchase from between:

The Alex pølse - 'spicy chicken sausage with Eastern herbs, travels well, keeps well'

The Frederik pølse - 'low fat, lean, perfectly proportioned and no messing around'

The Mary pølse - 'elegant and expectant'

The Margrethe pølse - 'heavily-smoked and heavily-dressed' :)

The Henrik pølse - 'garlic sausage' (which did not even make the third choice of most customers)

The Joakim pølse - 'flambéed in brandy and cured in the early hours of the morning on the spare bed on the outdoor porch of the Royal Palace':)

Early predictions are that two of the sausages will be dropped. No prizes for guessing which ones.

Dennism said:
Copenhagen Post

A famous meat and sausage producer in Denmark has made a recent proposal to introduce a new range of sausages based on a Royal Family theme. Currently, the company is surveying consumers to see which sausage will be launched first and to gauge reaction from the public to the somewhat controversial product line. The consumer questionnaire asks people to choose the sausage they would most like to purchase from between:

The Alex pølse - 'spicy chicken sausage with Eastern herbs, travels well, keeps well'

The Frederik pølse - 'low fat, lean, perfectly proportioned and no messing around'

The Henrik pølse - 'garlic sausage' (which did not even make the third choice of most customers)

The Joakim pølse - 'flambéed in brandy and cured in the early hours of the morning on the spare bed on the outdoor porch of the Royal Palace':)

Early predictions are that two of the sausages will be dropped. No prizes for guessing which ones.
WOW, that is hilarious!! I can't wait to see which sausage wins! ;)

Dennism said:
Copenhagen Post

Ah, ha, ha, ha. This is to funny.

Well my guees is that the Joachim pølse won't be a big winner, personally I think the Frederic one sounds more delicate, but hey that is also my oppinion on the two real life brothers...

(Heavily smoked and heavily dressed - eeeww! :eek: )

Ha ha ha. Maybe that´s why Vega likes to lick him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom