Danish Royal Family, Current Events 1: April 2003 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from colourpress.com
Alexandra (with Peter Jackson) and fur :angry: I bet Mary have worn and will wear never fur :rolleyes: :p ;)

Attachments

• jackson.jpeg
    jackson.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 281
  • jackson2.jpeg
    jackson2.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 245
  • jackson3.jpeg
    jackson3.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
Polfoto 22-12-2003 Dronning Margrethe, prins Henrik, kronprins Frederik og Mary overværede premieren på "Les Miserables " i Musikhuset i Århus.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 270
I love the color of the Queen's dress. It is pink or a pale one. But it suits her. I also love the way Queen Margrethe's hair is kept.

BT - Dronning Margrethe var tydeligvis i strålende julehumør, da hun, prins Henrik, kronprins Frederik og Mary Donaldson ankom til juleaftensgudstjeneste i Århus Domkirke. Snart rejser den kommende kronprinsesse hjem til Tasmanien for at fejre nytår med familien. Kronprinsen derimod bliver i Danmark. Foto: Bo Amstrup

Attachments

• 0314.jpg
    0314.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 359
Mary has improved a lot esp. in her outfits. I love the way she dresses and the way she keeps her hair this time.

Polfoto 25-12-2003 Kongefamilien til julegudstjeneste i Århus Domkirke. Dronning Margrethe, biskop Kjeld Holm og i baggrunden kronprins Frederik.

Attachments

• 502.jpg
    502.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 286
IBL - Aarhus, Denmark - 23 December 2003 - Premiere of "Les Miserables" Musical, Queen Margrethe.

IBL - Aarhus, Denmark - 23 December 2003 - Premiere of "Les Miserables" Musical.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 233.jpg
    233.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 319
Last edited by a moderator:
"Reburial of the Empress-Dowager Maria Feodorovna

Today, Minister for Foreign Affairs Per Stig Møller has handed over to the Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Denmark a letter from Her Majesty the Queen of Denmark to the President of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin. The letter is in answer to an earlier letter to Her Majesty the Queen from the President, who has raised the question of a possible transfer of the mortal remains of Empress-Dowager Maria Feodorovna from Roskilde Cathedral to the Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in St. Petersburg.

The question of a reburial has also been raised with the Queen by representatives of the Romanov family, who have referred to the wish of Empress-Dowager Maria Feodorovna that her mortal remains, when circumstances would so permit, be laid finally to rest in the Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral in St. Petersburg, next to her Consort, Czar Alexander III.

Against this background, the Queen indicates in Her letter that in principle Her Majesty will not stand in the way of the fulfilment of this wish, but also points to the necessity in such case of assuring that the transfer and reburial be conducted in a dignified and respectful manner. A reburial would simultaneously be a symbolic confirmation of the historical ties between Denmark and Russia.

The Minister for Foreign Affairs has also written a letter to the Foreign Minister of the Russian Federation, Mr. Igor Ivanov. The letter sets out a number of specific considerations which will have to be taken into account to ensure that the reburial be conducted in peace and with dignity. This will require a close co-operation between Danish and Russian authorities, and an agreement covering all aspects of the reburial must be concluded between the Governments of Denmark and Russia. Only when these deliberations have been finalized, will the Danish side be able to definitively assess whether a transfer of the mortal remains of the Empress-Dowager is appropriate, and seek Her Majesty the Queen's final approval of the reburial.

In such a case, the intention would be for a reburial to take place on 26 September 2004, as this date marks the anniversary of the arrival of Princess Dagmar to Russia on 26 September 1866 in order to marry the Russian heir apparent Alexander."
'

Background information on the Empress can be found here:

http://www.um.dk/english/news/news_reburial_bg.asp

does anyone know if mary and the prince have left denmark yet for tasmania australia - where there are reportedly attending the wedding of mary's sister within the fortnight?

has there been any reports of this?

take a look at the frederik forum
there is a frederik mary thread there

Her Majesty and TRH look wonderful. I don't think I've seen a picture of that many royals looking so well put together for a multi-country event that's not weddings or funerals.

Den Kongelige Familie overværer de Olympiske Lege
Amalienborg, den 6. april 2004

Efter invitation fra Danmarks Idræts-Forbund overværer Hendes Majestæt Dronningen, H.K.H. Prinsen, H.K.H. Kronprinsen og den kommende Kronprinsesse, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte de Olympiske Lege i august 2004 i Grækenland. Den kongelige familie ser frem til begivenheden og især til at overvære idrætsgrene ved De Olympiske Lege med dansk deltagelse. De Olympiske Lege finder sted i perioden 13.-29. august 2004. De endelige datoer for Regentparrets og den kongelige families tilstedeværelse vil blive fastlagt senere.

Translation: Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim, and Princess Benedikte have accepted an invitation to visit the Olympic Games in Greece.

The picture is taken in front of Fredensborg castle. Every year when the queen moves here for the summer, she is welcomed by a parade of torches, where the scouts and other organizasions walk up to the castle and welcome her. This yaer as something new, the crown prince attended, since he moved up there about a month ago.

May 13, 2004 - TV 2

Anti-Royal CD Stopped

A group of antiroyalists yesterday attempted to give their contribution to the media coverage of the royals. In several newsstands on Noerrebro, Copenhagen, the group placed CD's containing anti-royal messages into magazines. The police were called and confiscated the material which contains a reprint of the punk number "Hurra-Hurra." A group referring to themselves under the name "Underground against the upper class" tells the news agency Ritzau that the lyrics, from their point of view, express an "articulate and sober criticism of the Royal House." Among other things the text states: "Burn! Burn Amalienborg." (I.e. the residence of the royal family).

She now has to accept being in second place in the charms department.

I mean Crown Princess Mary is the new kid on the block ... everyone and anybody wants to see her, meet with her, talk her head off, press her flesh.

Poor Queen Margrethe .... is she really poor ?

No offence to Mary, and she may definitely have the "newness"/fresh face factor working for her, but nobody beats Queen Margrethe! She is the true original and would never come in second place.

What other present Queen can you name who designs costumes and sets for plays? Who dresses up and reads stories to young kid? And while I may not agree with it and am disgusted by the idea of it, has enough gumption to light up a cigarette while on a tour of a cancer ward of a hospital?

Given the choice of Mary or Margrethe, I would choose Margrethe any day.

Good for you, Alexandria.

However ... it seems to me that QM also needed some time to find her courage to explore her artistic side.

Um...yeah...QMII could beat Mary any day. I like Mary, but she doesn't hold a candle to her mother-in-law. QMII has a great sense about her, and her style and personality are all her own. Mary is new and great, but I don't agree for one moment that HM Queen Margrethe is second to Mary or anyone else.
~Kathleen

If anything, it's Mary I would feel sorry for. I hear that Queen Margrethe is very popular in Denmark and she is much more well established than Mary. Mary will be the one who has something to prove to the Danish people. She has some incredibly BIG shoes to fill once her time to reign has come.

Moonlightrhapsody  Posted: May 19th, 2004 - 11:34 pm

She has some incredibly BIG shoes to fill once her time to reign has come.
imho, by that time sufficient time has passed that Mary has established herself patron-wise and especially heir-wise.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 9:17 pm

I mean Crown Princess Mary is the new kid on the block ... everyone and anybody wants to see her, meet with her, talk her head off, press her flesh.

If Margrethe had been "replaced" in the charms department, it was not by Mary but by Alexandra. I mean, Alexandra is the "most popular" member of the Danish royal family, and she's not even born into that family but married into that family. QM has a 84% (or perhaps much more, i get confused) approval rating as the queen, but Alex has a 93% approval rating.

So King Christian, I'm interested to know why you think Margrethe had been replaced by Mary when all this time it has been Alexandra who has outshined all in the royal family????

Originally posted by Alexandria@May 19th, 2004 - 10:15 pm
No offence to Mary, and she may definitely have the "newness"/fresh face factor working for her, but nobody beats Queen Margrethe! She is the true original and would never come in second place.
Well every member in the royal family has been beaten by Alexandra in the popularity vote.

I don't really think you can compare Margarethe, Mary & Alexandra. It's like comparing apples, orange & pears. All women are very popular and very loved but for different reasons. Do we really have need for a popularity poll between these three wonderful women? I like them all very much!

Originally posted by missally@May 20th, 2004 - 4:13 am
Do we really have need for a popularity poll between these three wonderful women? I like them all very much!
That's what I think too....

But! if we are to compare, then it is not Mary who is "replacing" Margrethe but Alexandra... which Alex did when she won "the most popular member of the Danish royal family" poll some time ago (conducted amongst the Danes I believe). And that's not only an assumption, but a poll was actually conducted wasn't there? And they chose Alex in front of every one else in the royal family (I believe Henrik came last :rolleyes: ).

Does the question "Alex for President" sound familiar to any Danish posters??? (perhaps not and in which case I'll go hide now :p )

I'll have to say though, that I keep on harping on about this because I can't help but believe that this "I feel sorry for Margarethe" question was posed in order to force people to believe that Mary is trying to displace QM in the hearts of the people, and to force people to choose between QM and Mary. I think it is quite unfair.

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 10:23 pm
Theilmann   Posted: May 18th, 2004 - 9:34 pm

he generally gets a lot of bad press in Denmark. Some of it is fair, some of it isn't.
For example, on what topics does he get a fair bad press, and on which is he saluted by the press ?
Well it was fair that he got a bashing when he was whimpering about his role in the monarchy, and about how he was underappreachiated by the population.
On the other hand it's not fair when the press keeps on focusing on his command of the language, and his work-effort.
It has just become so, that the only royal that the media can critizise is him, because if they critizise one of the others people get angry at the media. So the media uses the fact that the Danes have never really taken Prince Henrik to their hearts. (Which is more or less his fault, when the population found out how he had been a VERY strict father it didn't help his popularity either.)

Originally posted by Jasl@May 20th, 2004 - 6:08 am
Does the question "Alex for President" sound familiar to any Danish posters??? (perhaps not and in which case I'll go hide now :p )
:angry: :angry: :angry: SACRILEGE :angry: :angry: :angry:

Oh you had better go hide :lol:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 19th, 2004 - 9:17 pm

Hmmm... Your Majesty, are you poking a little fun at the "I feel sorry for Alex" thread and the ridiculous yet raging Alex vs. Mary debate? :innocent:

Originally posted by King Christian@May 20th, 2004 - 10:37 pm
lasu   Posted: May 20th, 2004 - 8:08 pm

poking a little fun
always :) :rolleyes: :wacko: :eek: :lol: :flower: :innocent:
Nah King Christian, you were quite serious about the question - as indicated by your answer to Alexandria's responding post: "Good fo you Alexandria" :p :p

Frederik og Marys koncert gav 5,4 mio. kr.

Når kronprins Frederik og Mary kommer hjem fra deres rejse i Grønland, skal de tage stilling til, hvordan 5,4 mio. kr. skal fordeles blandt fattige børn.

Pengene stammer fra bryllupskoncerten Rock'n'Royal i Parken i København den 7. maj.

Red Barnet arbejder både for børn i Danmark og udlandet. Ifølge generalsekretær Mimi Jakobsen er der endnu ikke taget stilling til, hvilke af organisationens projekter der skal have glæde af overskuddet fra koncerten.

/ritzau/

Can someone translate please? :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom