The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know who is this guy with Princess Mary !

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=166242

Old 07-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

more photos
Denmark's Queen Margrethe (R) and members of her family including Prince Consort (L) wave as the Marine One helicopter carrying U.S. President George W. Bush takes off from the grounds of Fredensborg Palace in Denmark, July 6, 2005. Bush celebrated his 59th birthday with Denmark's Queen Margrethe and members of her family before flying to Scotland for the G8 Summit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	166254   Click image for larger version

Name:	b2.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	166255   Click image for larger version

Name:	b3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	166256   Click image for larger version

Name:	b4.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	166257  

Name:	b5.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	166258   Click image for larger version

Name:	b6.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	166259   Click image for larger version

Name:	b7.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	166260   Click image for larger version

Name:	b8.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	166261  

Name:	b9.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	166262   Click image for larger version

Name:	b10.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	166263  

Old 07-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

and more pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	b11.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	166264   Click image for larger version

Name:	b12.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	166265   Click image for larger version

Name:	b`7.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	166266   Click image for larger version

Name:	b13.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	166267  

Name:	b14.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	166268   Click image for larger version

Name:	b15.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	166269   Click image for larger version

Name:	b16.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	166270   Click image for larger version

Name:	b17.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	166271  

Old 07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for all the photos everyone. I think the photos of the Queen's daschund sneaking in the crates are cute.:p

It seems that the First family were received quite warmly by the royal family. It was also nice gesture to present the President with a "birthday" cake.

PS. The Crown Princess looked very radiant in her gold and white ensemble.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
Does anyone know who is this guy with Princess Mary !

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=166242
It's the head of the Danish government, though I don't know what his name is.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
It's the head of the Danish government, though I don't know what his name is.
He's the Prime Minister of Denmark, Anders Fogh Rasmussen.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Courtier

I believe I read a few years back (I just thought about this while working...crazy what you can think of when you'd rather be doing anything then what you're suppose to be doing!) that quite a few Kings/Queens travel with their own cooks and eat only meals of those cooks as well... so maybe it's not looked upon as an insult so much as a protocol...just a thought.

I agree that people need to keep their personal feelings towards Bush out of their opinions of things he does out of necessity. By this I mean, it's obvious there are quite a few people on the boards who dislike President Bush for whatever reason, and their posts are attacks towards Bush... it's as though people don't take into account that he is a leader of a nation and there are somethings that he is required to do... and somethings we will never understand, but are policy. I do believe that this cook incident is just that, policy, and to comment that he wanted his cook to make him a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich (as though he is a simple man), or to say something along the lines of, "...it's Bush so it doesn't surprise me..." seems quite rude. (I'm paraphrasing so people get the jest, there were many comments such as these, I'm not trying to single anyone in particular out, those two types of comments and comments simply stick out in my mind at the moment.) I, obviously am a Bush supporter, so my views and offences probably come off as such... but at the same time, I supported Clinton, so this can't be simply writtend off as my political view as far as which "side" I support. In my opinion, President Bush is my president, at this point, I need to support him... I think my mind set is kind of that of, "I can talk poorly of him, but those who don't live in the US can't...childish I know, but it's a deep loyalty that you can't really fault...

Anyway, that's my two sense. Went off on a tangent...sorry! Hope everyone is enjoying their days...or nights...or whatever... I'm off to enjoy some very beautiful (and HOT) Colorado summer sunshine! At least while it lasts...it's suppose to rain later this evening...go figure.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, in the years that I have followed the British royal family and their travels, I have read quite a few references to the Queen's food being prepared by members of her staff while abroad. I don't know that this always is the case but I know it has been in some situations. I do wonder how often this happens as a matter of security and we simply don't know about it.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
I believe I read a few years back (I just thought about this while working...crazy what you can think of when you'd rather be doing anything then what you're suppose to be doing!) that quite a few Kings/Queens travel with their own cooks and eat only meals of those cooks as well... so maybe it's not looked upon as an insult so much as a protocol...just a thought.
That may be and all but I would not be so forgiving towards them either. They may do this and all but if we don´t know about it then we have no reason to comment. I heard that King Hussein of Jordan was one of them. I can perfectly understand that. However, this president(and really it could be any president. Maybe previous presidents did this. But I doubt Taft did. He probably ate everything near and far anyway). But if he is the first president to do this then it´s a shame that his advisors think this. But I still think it´s an insult to your hosts. A leader of a country is still a guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
I understand completely about the President's security concerns. Although, IMO all the blame doesn't need to go on the advisors either.
According to Politiken, Mrs. Bush wanted to go to a Danish kindergarten. This happened while the president was talking to the Danish PM. Evidently, each little kid had to be body searched and their lunch boxes searched.

Also what about the dog? Stole 4 sandwiches after all. He should have been stopped. Geez. A security lapse. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Good grief. That´s an interesting pose there by the Crown Prince. Good question. O, to be a fly on the wall or, in this case, a fly on the table...:)
Old 07-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Courtier

Exclamation

A very nice gesture by Her Majesty to have a cake for the President. Although I'm a little taken aback by the item about the President bringing along his own chef. I would imagine Danish food is pretty top-notch stuff, and I personally would want to eat what my host(ess) was eating. But perhaps there were reasons of security, if not palate.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
It was reported that the meal, fish and venison, was cooked by the Queen´s own cook. But that President Bush´s meal was prepared by his own cook. Either a major insult to his hosts or maybe he was not confident on the Danes knowing how to make a proper peanut butter and jelly sandwich.:)
Either that or he's on a specific diet.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

I really don't understand why some of you are complaining about the food situation. Sure it was prepared by his own chef, but the Prez and family ate off the Danish fine china, drank out of the goblets, sat next to their hosts, talked to them, and were quite polite. WHy the fuss?

Anyway. Fred looked like he enjoyed conversing with Jenna. I have not seen him like that in a long, long time. Anyway, the Danish PM is quite handsome.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Gentry

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it strange that the President and Frederik were seated together, when normal etiquette would have placed a woman (perhaps Mary) between them?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Heir Apparent

This may sound strange, but why is Jenna accompanying her parents on their official trips?Does anyone else find that a little strange?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe b/c his wife was beside the Prince. Also b/c Jenna needed a companion and it would not be right to have the PM there as he woudl have needed to accompany Mary. So I guess since Jaochim and ALex weren't there there was this arrangement. But I don't relaly know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie
Is it just me, or does anyone else think it strange that the President and Frederik were seated together, when normal etiquette would have placed a woman (perhaps Mary) between them?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

Hmmm...maybe the same reason Chelsea accompanied her parents (the Clintons) on their trips.
Gosh so many 'strange' theories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
This may sound strange, but why is Jenna accompanying her parents on their official trips?Does anyone else find that a little strange?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
What other chance would she have to meet royalty?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

Reina lets just calm down, no need to get all huffy and puffy:)
Old 07-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Royal Highness

I wasn't huffy puffy.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:12 AM

Quote:
It was mentioned that after the G8 conference, and the Pres goes back to Washington, the First Lady and Jenna would be meeting up with Barbara (the other twin) in Africa. Apparently Barbara is doing volunteer work with an AIDS-related organization over there.

I think Chelsea also accompanied her parents on official trips too.

Closed Thread