Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 13: August 2016 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Denmark Crown Princess Mary inaugurated the Saerbaekvaerket power plant in Fredericia today, October 25:

** Pic ** kongehuset.dk fb gallery **

** BB: Kronprins Frederik meldte afbud: Mary indviede nyt kraftværk ** translation **

Lovely Mary, ready for any event.
When I saw this event on her calendar, I thought it was a little odd, and thought it was more of a Frederik event (I think he has inaugurated another energy or recycling plant), but of course he is off to Thailand for the funeral of the King.

added:
article and pictures from the DailyMail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Mary-Denmark-opens-power-plant-Frederica.html

Last edited:
Lovely Mary, ready for any event.
When I saw this event on her calendar, I thought it was a little odd, and thought it was more of a Frederik event (I think he has inaugurated another energy or recycling plant), but of course he is off to Thailand for the funeral of the King.
Kronprins Frederik meldte afbud: Mary indviede nyt kraftværk | BILLED-BLADET
According to this article it was indeed Frederik who was initially invited to inaugurate the plant but since he had to go to Thailand Mary took over. That's what Mary said in her speech.

Lovely smiling Mary

Mary said in her speech that she took over her husband's event:
"Originally, the invitation was to my husband, but he had to cancel because he represents Denmark at a important ceremony in Thailand."

ADDED
I also think that Mary's event this evening was originally Frederik's. Likewise, the event that Mary participates in tomorrow evening.

Mary must have landed from Mali today... directly to Jylland for a event, back to Copenhagen for a reception tonight. Tomorrow morning back to Jutland on event and tomorrow evening return to Copenhagen again for an awards ceremony.

In the recent years we have seen how F&M have relieve/taken over from the Queen. Gradually there are some members from DRF who may relieve/taken over from F&M ? Their calender these months are really packed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging from this video, Mary's really good at saying "Hej" to everybody ;-)

The Palace has shared some photos and a video of the trip to Mali:

** kongehuset.dk gallery ** kongehuset.dk video **

Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

Here is more: https://www2.forsvaret.dk/nyheder/intops/Pages/KronprinsessenbesøgerMINUSMA.aspx

(A video will be uploaded on this page later).

The current Danish contingent operating in Mali consist of transport planes, Hercules to be exact. Maintained at a base located in Mali.
The base is secured by among other a security detail from the Air Home Guard, which is also why Mary changed to her Home Guard uniform. (She is a lieutenant in the Army Home Guard.)
Apart from pilots, staff officers and home guardsmen, there is also a contingent of special forces acting as a kind of air marshals. (You will notice one or two standing guard near the Hercules.)

I noticed the ones protecting Mary and the delegation, they smelled to high heaven like FET agents. I.e. from the military.
When members of the DRF travel to more insecure areas, Mali very much being such a place, it's usually the heavier armed FET agents who provide the bodyguards.

------------------------------

ADDED: The video has now been uploaded.
The visit to the Danish troops in Mali has been planned for about three months and it was very much a visit directed at the Home Guardsmen stationed there, which is also why the commander of the Home Guard, a major general accompanied Mary on the visit.

Last edited:
Today Mary visited the brand new library/culture-house in Aarhus, called Dokk1 - Because it's located at dok-1 = pier-1 in the harbor.

Mary appeared to be in fine form and interacted well with those around her. - I haven't got time to go into details now though.

yes indeed, taking over 2 events for Frederik, who had to travel, and her own usually packed scheduled and after her recent travels to Mali. just great!

But she has one more event today before she enjoys the weekend.
Presenting the Magasin du Nord Fashion Prize 2017

Looks like she is ready
https://www.instagram.com/p/BawYyM_HXg_/?taken-by=kunsthalcharlottenborg :flowers:

Added:
with the winner
https://scontent-eze1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b2c1a47a0f8f2f914cac90a98bb77b16&oe=5AABA394
https://www.instagram.com/p/BawjCcBjbVV/?taken-by=eurowomandk

:previous: article and more pictures from today's fashion prize event. Apparently,the dress Mary wore was popular ;)
https://kendte.dk/designtalent-fik-stor-check-kronprinsessen/

The other woman is Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg of the omnipresent Wedell family. And belonging to the circle of friends around M&F.
I'll bet you a months salary in bananas that they did that on purpose! :D

:previous:

Haha oh no, it's just so typical :lol:

Mary and Nina both had a good laugh..... In the video we see Mary arrives with opens arms and laughing jokingly: "Well, we thought it might be fun to be dressed alike today ...". ?

Later in the video Mary says about wearing the same gown: "Yes that's of course such a thing you'd rather avoid, but it's actually quite fun." :D

The dress is Danish design by the way.

Last edited:
More on the dresses, including the designer - who must be pretty delighted - this little mishap or whatever it was, has given her design more press than normal: https://www.bt.dk/royale/ups-kronprinsesse-mary-i-kjole-bommert-til-prisuddeling

I thought that kind of pattern went out of fashion in the mid 70's. :ohmy:
- To the delight BTW of many men back then, who did not appreciate the patterns so to speak camouflaging the female attributes. - True enough, you can't see what's up and down on Nina Wedellsborg and Mary. :sad:

- To the delight BTW of many men back then, who did not appreciate the patterns so to speak camouflaging the female attributes. - True enough, you can't see what's up and down on Nina Wedellsborg and Mary. :sad:

You should know where the attributes are by now, even without seeing them....;) Even in the 70s.
Men don't usually have big problems in finding them.

Great pattern, I think.

You should know where the attributes are by now, even without seeing them....;) Even in the 70s.
Men don't usually have big problems in finding them.

Great pattern, I think.

Weeell, back in the mid 70's quite a few men (and women!) were hardly aware of what species they belonged to. ?
But to be honest, I don't like that sort of pattern. Too confusing, too busy, not sexy, not feminine, no grace. So the sooner it goes out of date again, the better IMO.

:previous: It's great to get a man's point of view on fashion, it gives a different aspect . . . it also allows him to make an honest his opinion when he knows better than to be honest when his significant other asks "does this pattern make me flat chested". Ah to live life vicariously.

what a coincidence! out of all the dresses out there, it had to be the same one on the same night. i guess it provided a fun light hearted moment for everyone to chill and relax.

Today, Crown Princess Mary and the children attend the annual Hubertus Hunt :flowers:

The weather is good.
I always look forward to the lovely and funny pictures of the CP-children to the Hunt.

Crown Prince Frederik can’t take with them this year as he has IOC-meeting starting in Switzerland today.

She'll have her hands full! :D

Frederik is at an IOC meeting, so he won't be there. But perhaps other members of the family - Athena - will be there?

First photos from the Hubertus Hunt (or rather Chase) from BB: Kronprinsesse Mary til Hubertusjagt med alle fire børn | BILLED-BLADET

The hunt this year was a little dramatic, as can be seen on this video of the reaction by Mary and the children. Mand redet ned af hest for øjnene af kongehuset under hubertusjagt - TV 2

An official was trying to get the spectators out of the way (or keep them back, whatever) when he found himself caught among the horses. He was ridden down and injured. Though not seriously injured he was taken to the hospital.

More from BT: https://www.bt.dk/krimi/mary-og-boernene-i-chok-var-vidne-til-voldsom-ulykke

I hope he is okay now and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom