Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 12: April 2015 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, Mary as patron of Maternity Foundation, receives a donation from Inner Wheel to the Maternity Foundation. :flowers:

Yes she did this afternoon.
In Frederik VIII's Palace, so sadly I don't think we should expect pictures.

BB article with a nice little detail from Mary's event with her Mary Foundation yesterday:
Kronprinsesse Mary mødte ensomme voksne | BILLED-BLADET

Mary and Mary Fonden participated in the exercises with the group.
First exercise "Agree or disagree" was about standing in the middle of the room and then move to the right or left, depending on whether they agreed or disagreed with the statement that was read loud. The questions included questions like "When I can I sleep as long as I can" and "I saw the Danish national Handball team play the European Championship in Poland."
It went fast and it made all cracking up laughing and smiling.
Then came another exercise where they talked about the group's informal rules. Here, Crown Princess Mary get the question "Why is it important to prioritize to meet up every time?"
And the Mary replied: - It is important to meet up and attend because you are a part of a group. When all priority the group it provides a safe room which makes it possible to talk about the difficult things.

It is.

He wouldn't know fashion though if it hit him between the yes with a brick.
But nice with a photo besides a popular person - not that he would ever think that, perish the thought. :D

It is.

He wouldn't know fashion though if it hit him between the yes with a brick.
But nice with a photo besides a popular person - not that he would ever think that, perish the thought. :D

I read somewhere, that Kristian Jensen is also Minister for Export....;) Sooo, he would have a legitimate reason for his attendance, if that is the case.

:previous: Oh he is. In contrast to the former government, the current one doesn't have two zillion ministers. :D
However, I'll maintain that there single-celled organisms at the bottom of the Mariana trench who have more fashion sense than Kristian Jensen.

TV had a short feature of the opening today and they showed a satellite-photo of Mary for about three nano seconds, but they also mentioned that the fashion export has never been bigger - and it was one of the most important exports sectors to begin with!

A nice BB video of Mary to Jesper Høvring's fashion show at the CIFF today.
I see Ellen Hillingsø accompanied her - Alexandra made an appearance as well: VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary besøgte favoritdesigner backstage| BILLED-BLADET

There is a blonde girl in the vid who looks great... :eek: - I mean there is a great blue dress that happens to be worn by a blonde girl in the middle of the video. :D;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, Mary as patron of Maternity Foundation, receives a donation from Inner Wheel to the Maternity Foundation. :flowers:

And we have three nice HQ pictures from Kongehuset.dk :flowers:

Modtagelse af donation fra Inner Wheel til Maternity Foundation | Kongehuset - Forside

Today, Mary opened the CFW

Some more great pictures of Mary opening the CFW2016 yesterday:
http://imageservice.nordjyske.dk/im...bd837a.jpg?width=880&scale=both&bgcolor=black
http://ekstrabladet.dk/incoming/z1zgrn/5936313/IMAGE_ALTERNATES/p800/Modeuge
http://imageservice.nordjyske.dk/im...45aaad.jpg?width=880&scale=both&bgcolor=black
http://bloggersdelight-dk.bloggersd...ontent/blogs.dir/92465/files/2016/02/mary.jpg

A nice picture from yesterday's opening:

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a875d38ade48e6e1ea211a56ba1d62de&oe=573AE43D

Busy day for Mary today (not much time to prepare her birthday tomorrow;))

13.00 - CP Mary speaks at a conference on reproductive health in humanitarian crises

18.00 - CP Mary presents Cancer Society's Honour Award 2016

http://nordjyske.dk/nyheder/mary-va...1f702105-9095-4adf-aded-ae3f49a00e59/112/1513

Last edited:
Here tonight, Mary presents the Cancer Society's Honour Award 2016:

A great first picture :flowers:

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8e724e166a9a69372e0fc33c19ed397a&oe=572FC3A7

Here's a video from tonight's event, which I highly recommend you to watch:

VIDEO: Maiken fik kram og hæder af kronprinsesse Mary | BILLED-BLADET

It shows why our Crown Princess Mary is so beloved as she is. You can see Mary is touched when she hands over the award to Maiken for being a fighter in the fight against cancer. With warmth and a genuine hug Mary presents Maiken her award.

In the speech Mary totally captures theaudience with quoting popular slang words like "Det er rimelig nederen" and "Det er ok stramt" which are slang words the Danish youth use all the time.

Happy birthday tomorrow, Mary :)

Apart from Ellen Hillingsoe, who are the other ladies on the front row?

Apart from Ellen Hillingsoe, who are the other ladies on the front row?

The lady to the left of Mary in this photo posted by Polyesco is Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg. http://herognu.dk/Upload/her-og-nu/2016/5/Onsdag/_BO_4752_modeuge.jpg

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2016.
Written by our fashion reporter the Ulrik Ulriksen.

The fashion show Mary attended took place at the posh Hotel D'Angleterre and it displayed outfits by Jesper Høvring, whom Mary is very familiar with. And she did go backstage, partly to meet Jesper Høvring but also to have a closer look at his products.
Mary went to the show with Ellen Hillingsøe but there were lot of familiar faces around. At some point Mary sat between the Foreign Minister, Kristian Jensen and Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg.

In fact the Wedellsborg clan was out in force that day.
The official start of the fashion week took place at Copenhagen Town Hall, and here Countess Alexandra also made an appearance. She sat between two close friends, Baroness Dorte Wedell-Wedelssborg and Merete Wedell-Wedellsborg. (The family own several manors and estates).
BB reports that Alexandra got a lot og hugs and greetings from friends who were also attending the opening. (Basically who's who of Danish fashion and the jetset).

Eva Kruse who is the manager of CIFF said about Mary: "The Crown Princess is the finest representative which Danish fashion has. That's why it's nice that she continues to support the fashion week and this time at the opening. We are especially delighted that she attends the opening show with the male-brand Tonsure since we in this fashion weeks put focus on Danish fashion for men (That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one!) which grow tremendously (there is only one way from the bottom) - even more than ladies fashion. Tonsure has won Danish Design Talent the Magazine Prize 2015 and is a splendid example of Danish fashion for gentlemen".

- I'm not quite sure all men will find the label "tonsure" particularly amusing. :innocent: :p - Which only proves that women have a cruel sense of humor...:voodoo:

But back to the fashion show. Jesper Høvring said afterwards about Mary: "The Crown Princess was very delighted with the collection and so am I. We have indeed made a couple of dresses for her before but we are not inspired/looking at to the court-ball or something like that when we design. I do it from my heart and my gut feeling".

Last edited:
Thanks Muhler. Your answers and extra info are always appreciated! :flowers:

I had the same reaction when I saw the name "tonsure"... I can hardly think of a less attractive "fashion" (I certainly hope it never becomes a fashion trend haha!)

:previous: Thanks, Roskilde.

Lets continue with this feel-good story.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2016.
Written by Marianne Singer.

Mary presented the Honorary Award from the Cancer Association to Maiken Hjerming who is a nurse at a cancer ward for children and young. And it five of her patients who recommended her for the award.
Mary read out the recommendation: "Having cancer is quite a downer. To be committed with fever or to receive chemo is pretty strain too. But then we have Maiken. Mother, since mother can't be there all the time.
She gets us out of bed and into the Cancer-Room, even if you to start with really don't feel like or have the energy, then we get to see the other bald idiots/fools.
Both for the patient and for the next of kin she has the ability to hug an entire Rigshospitals cancer-stricken young. She's medicine!

Mary added: "You are deeply moved when you hear a recommendation like that".

And it was indeed a deeply moved and quite overwhelmed 53 year old Maiken who went up to receive the award, hardly knowing what led to stand on.

The flowergirl in the shape of 27 year old Majken Lindholm Olsen, also has cancer.

Mary wore a dress from Issa.

But you can read and see more here: https://app.box.com/s/mjt5x3x9dkbhbs105aqzwakmliokeogk

Last edited:
Her face looks a bit fuller since she's back from Australia. It certainly suits her! Maybe it's also because she was able to soak up so much sun... I know it would do me good too in these awful cold months :flowers:

About the brooch she's wearing: does anybody know more about it? It looks like it's a bit older, so I'm wondering if it could be a gift from Queen Margrethe?

Mary does look wonderful these days - and she is one of those women who can wear a scarf with real flair. If you can envision Mary with blond hair, you'll know what Josephine will look like in 20 years. :)

We haven't seen much of Frederik lately, but he's probably relaxed and refreshed too. My guess is that they knew what was waiting for them in Denmark after their time in Australia (Henrik's retirement) and made the most of that time for themselves and their family.

Her face looks a bit fuller since she's back from Australia. It certainly suits her! Maybe it's also because she was able to soak up so much sun... I know it would do me good too in these awful cold months :flowers:

About the brooch she's wearing: does anybody know more about it? It looks like it's a bit older, so I'm wondering if it could be a gift from Queen Margrethe?

I don't remember having seen the brooch before, but I'm curious to know more about it too. Maybe BB comes up with more information..

Mary does look wonderful these days - and she is one of those women who can wear a scarf with real flair. If you can envision Mary with blond hair, you'll know what Josephine will look like in 20 years. :)

We haven't seen much of Frederik lately, but he's probably relaxed and refreshed too. My guess is that they knew what was waiting for them in Denmark after their time in Australia (Henrik's retirement) and made the most of that time for themselves and their family.

Indeed. And Josephine is definitely a mini-Mary. I also think we will have a blonder version of Mary walking around in 20 years :)

As for Frederik; Remember F&M and children have held their annual winter vacation as it is national vinter vacation these weeks.

Last edited:

I think you are 100% right with Josephine ;)
Frederik has been regent this week and had a public audience on Monday, sadly we never get pictures of this but an article did come out:flowers: But yes no pictures since the 12 when he went to Norway for the Youth Olympics.

pictures of Mary from her event yesterday at the DRF website
Overrækkelse af Eliteforsk-priser | Kongehuset - Forside
gallery
Billeder fra EliteForsk-konferencen 2016 — Uddannelses- og Forskningsministeriet
and the Daily Mail
Princess Mary of Denmark wears ONE glove at the Elite Research awards | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom