The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

A few more bigger pictures of Mary presenting the Cancer Society's Honour Award 2016 last Friday:

She looked lovely!

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...6e&oe=57292891

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d8&oe=57698625

http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...vrier-2016.jpg

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...8a&oe=572B0DDD

Old 02-12-2016, 08:49 AM
Majesty

Thanks, Roskilde.

Lets continue with this feel-good story.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2016.
Written by Marianne Singer.

Mary presented the Honorary Award from the Cancer Association to Maiken Hjerming who is a nurse at a cancer ward for children and young. And it five of her patients who recommended her for the award.
Mary read out the recommendation: "Having cancer is quite a downer. To be committed with fever or to receive chemo is pretty strain too. But then we have Maiken. Mother, since mother can't be there all the time.
She gets us out of bed and into the Cancer-Room, even if you to start with really don't feel like or have the energy, then we get to see the other bald idiots/fools.
Both for the patient and for the next of kin she has the ability to hug an entire Rigshospitals cancer-stricken young. She's medicine!

Mary added: "You are deeply moved when you hear a recommendation like that".

And it was indeed a deeply moved and quite overwhelmed 53 year old Maiken who went up to receive the award, hardly knowing what led to stand on.

The flowergirl in the shape of 27 year old Majken Lindholm Olsen, also has cancer.

Mary wore a dress from Issa.

But you can read and see more here: https://app.box.com/s/mjt5x3x9dkbhbs105aqzwakmliokeogk

Old 02-25-2016, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Today, Crown Princess attends the Elite Research conference 2016, at Ny Carlsborg Glyptotek, Copenhagen.

First pictures - great to have Mary back again after winter vacation

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcDwIQYWAAEHwxq.jpg:large

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...NzY1Nw%3D%3D.2

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcEDhF8WAAAxCOg.jpg:large
Old 02-25-2016, 11:21 AM
Majesty

And from BB: Kronprinsesse Mary kastede glans over forskerfest | BILLED-BLADET

I see Mary is wearing a scarf, has she got a flu just like our Marie?
Old 02-26-2016, 01:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her face looks a bit fuller since she's back from Australia. It certainly suits her! Maybe it's also because she was able to soak up so much sun... I know it would do me good too in these awful cold months

About the brooch she's wearing: does anybody know more about it? It looks like it's a bit older, so I'm wondering if it could be a gift from Queen Margrethe?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:53 AM
Nobility

Mary does look wonderful these days - and she is one of those women who can wear a scarf with real flair. If you can envision Mary with blond hair, you'll know what Josephine will look like in 20 years.

We haven't seen much of Frederik lately, but he's probably relaxed and refreshed too. My guess is that they knew what was waiting for them in Denmark after their time in Australia (Henrik's retirement) and made the most of that time for themselves and their family.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
Her face looks a bit fuller since she's back from Australia. It certainly suits her! Maybe it's also because she was able to soak up so much sun... I know it would do me good too in these awful cold months

About the brooch she's wearing: does anybody know more about it? It looks like it's a bit older, so I'm wondering if it could be a gift from Queen Margrethe?
I don't remember having seen the brooch before, but I'm curious to know more about it too. Maybe BB comes up with more information..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMom View Post
Mary does look wonderful these days - and she is one of those women who can wear a scarf with real flair. If you can envision Mary with blond hair, you'll know what Josephine will look like in 20 years.

We haven't seen much of Frederik lately, but he's probably relaxed and refreshed too. My guess is that they knew what was waiting for them in Denmark after their time in Australia (Henrik's retirement) and made the most of that time for themselves and their family.
Indeed. And Josephine is definitely a mini-Mary. I also think we will have a blonder version of Mary walking around in 20 years :)

As for Frederik; Remember F&M and children have held their annual winter vacation as it is national vinter vacation these weeks.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMom View Post

I think you are 100% right with Josephine
Frederik has been regent this week and had a public audience on Monday, sadly we never get pictures of this but an article did come out But yes no pictures since the 12 when he went to Norway for the Youth Olympics.

pictures of Mary from her event yesterday at the DRF website
Overrækkelse af Eliteforsk-priser | Kongehuset - Forside
gallery
Billeder fra EliteForsk-konferencen 2016 — Uddannelses- og Forskningsministeriet
and the Daily Mail
Princess Mary of Denmark wears ONE glove at the Elite Research awards | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-26-2016, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Roskilde, I believe Mary also wore this brooch a few months ago, at Peter Heering's funeral.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I remember the brooch was made for Mary some years back. Its in her jewelry thred but youd have to go backmaybe 5 or 6 years.
Old 02-27-2016, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness

I looked up my notes and the brooch is a Marianne Dulong twig brooch with pearl ends. Can't tell if it is silver, platinum or gold. From 2011. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, thanks everyone! Great memories combined :-)
Old 02-28-2016, 03:52 AM
Administrator

Here's another gallery of the Elite Research Conference 2016:

** pm: La princesse Mary joue la carte de l’élégante sobriété **
Old 02-28-2016, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Iceflower.

Mary looks very lovely!
Old 03-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Majesty

Mary at the cinema from Daily Mail: Princess Mary joined The Mary Foundation workers to help domestic abuse vctims | Daily Mail Online
And at a crisis center for the Mary Foundation.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness

Official annoucement: CP Mary attended a course at Harvard from 29 March to 8 April.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen på Harvard | Kongehuset - Forside
Old 04-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Official announcement from the Danish Royal House today: HRH Crown Princess Mary on Harvard

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen på Harvard | Kongehuset - Forside

In her capacity as a Young Global Leader HRH Crown Princess Mary followed from March 29 - April 8, 2016 the course 'Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century' at Harvard University in Boston.

The Crown Princess was in 2012 named as Young Global Leader and joined thus in a global community of leading young conductors. The appointment as Young Global Leader was based on the Crown Princess' work in the social field, including the establishment of the Mary Foundation.

We have an highly diligent and competent Crown Princess. We have been lucky with her. She is the Crown Princess title more than worthy. She is well educated (Thanks John Donaldson) and it's clear that she knows that a royal apanage is something one must work for. She makes me proud as Dane.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unavngivet.jpg
Views:	965
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	298216  

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, current events, princess mary, princess mary current events