Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 12: April 2015 - August 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roskilde, I believe Mary also wore this brooch a few months ago, at Peter Heering's funeral.

I remember the brooch was made for Mary some years back. Its in her jewelry thred but youd have to go backmaybe 5 or 6 years.

I looked up my notes and the brooch is a Marianne Dulong twig brooch with pearl ends. Can't tell if it is silver, platinum or gold. From 2011. Hope this helps.

Wow, thanks everyone! Great memories combined :)

:previous:

Thanks Iceflower.

Mary looks very lovely!

Last edited:
Official announcement from the Danish Royal House today: HRH Crown Princess Mary on Harvard

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen på Harvard | Kongehuset - Forside

In her capacity as a Young Global Leader HRH Crown Princess Mary followed from March 29 - April 8, 2016 the course 'Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century' at Harvard University in Boston.

The Crown Princess was in 2012 named as Young Global Leader and joined thus in a global community of leading young conductors. The appointment as Young Global Leader was based on the Crown Princess' work in the social field, including the establishment of the Mary Foundation.

We have an highly diligent and competent Crown Princess. We have been lucky with her. She is the Crown Princess title more than worthy. She is well educated (Thanks John Donaldson) and it's clear that she knows that a royal apanage is something one must work for. She makes me proud as Dane.

Attachments

• Unavngivet.jpg
    Unavngivet.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,324
Last edited by a moderator:
this is really fantastic. Shows her commitment, a two week course away from home. a job well done Mary

interesting course that mary has chosen.

That's great.

As far as I can tell from this BB article, Mette-Marit was there as well: Kronprinsesse Mary på lederkursus i Boston | BILLED-BLADET
Or at the very least she has attended the same course.

i wonder if mette marit did the same course? i know she went some years ago to study international business or something along those lines, but never heard of her going for this one. was this ever confirmed? (although she is herself a young global leader herself, so it is possible - maybe it was her who told mary about it?)

:previous: BB is annoyingly unclear about this.

The article says:
Kronprinsessen blev i 2012 udnævnt som Young Global Leader og indtrådte dermed i et globalt fællesskab af førende unge ledere. Også Norges kronprinsesse Mette-Marit er i øvrigt et prominent navn i organisationen og har været på lederkursus på Harvard.

The Crown Princess were in 2012 appointed to Young Global Leader and as such stepped into a global community of prominent young leaders. Also Norways Crown Princess Mette-Marit is by the way a prominent name in the organization and has been to leadership-course at Harward.

- What do our Norwegian members say? I don't follow the NRF that closely to say anything.

this is really fantastic. Shows her commitment, a two week course away from home. a job well done Mary

interesting course that mary has chosen.

The course 'Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century' is targeted specifically for members of the Young Global Leaders. Who Mary is one of. So I wouldn't call it interesting, but a very obvious and wisely course to take when you as Mary is genuine committed to your work :)

Last edited:
She makes me proud too. Our Aussie Princess. Thanks for posting

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I am surprised that if she was away for two weeks we didn't hear about it sooner. Harvard do online courses, maybe this was one of them?

Bummer. I wish I knew because I would certainly have gone snooping around Harvard Yard.:ROFLMAO:

Good for her! It's something she is very interested in and it's good to know that she does want to learn more about it.

:previous: Very nice comments to Mary from Danes on Facebook-sites after her 2 weeks at Harvard University:

"Praise, recognition and respect - are all things and predicates that a person can get from others, but NEVER something you can demand .. !!
And here we have another example of why the Crown Princess is so enormous well-liked and loved."

"CP Mary continues to impress and inspire. A true working princess! Denmark is very lucky to have someone so committed to bettering herself and, in turn , a great representative of the country!"

"I must express my deepest admiration for our Crown Princess. So hard she works for our country. With her - and the Crown Prince - on the helm the monarchy can comfortably and safely pass into the next generation."

"Deep respect for our crown princess. Focused and ready to make a difference. In addition, I love her personality. Genuine, warm and down-to-earth. A true Aussie. But of course our crown prince chosen such a personality.
- but I think that maybe even our crown prince is somewhat dumbfounded at how successful the outcome became .."

"I'm you proud of Mary. have great respect for everything you stand for ... you are and will be someday the people's Queen"

"HRH Crown Princess Mary makes me decidedly proud as Dane! She is well brought up. (Thanks John and Henrietta Donaldson)
Don't think we have ever had a Crown Princess who has been so popular.Not even Ingrid although she was also very popular."

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 12: April 2015 -

Congratulations to the Crown Princess Mary. This course seems to be normal for Young Global Leaders as it was set up at Harvard University by the World Economic Forum. Crown Princess Mette-Marit took a two week course at Harvard as a YGL five years ago.
http://www.kongehuset.no/nyhet.html?tid=90668&sek=26939

Also Queen Mathilde of Belgium has attended courses as a YGL. This was on the Belgian Monarchy website.

The Queen is a greater believer in lifelong learning and as one of the World Economic Forum's Young Global Leaders has attended a number of leadership courses at the Harvard Kennedy School and Yale University.

- See more at: https://www.monarchie.be/en/royal-family/the-queen#sthash.nvARB1jz.dpuf

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Summary of an good and informative article in BT today

BT has today given the front page to Mary, and written an good and informative article about Mary's two weeks study at Harvard University. BT have also managed to get an e-mail comment from Mary:

Online article (only part of the original article, though):
http://www.bt.dk/spe...mmen-med-eliten

BT informs and give us some very great and informative details and words from people who work closely with Mary. Including the mail from Crown Princess Mary.

- For 10 days Mary sat at school from 6:30 o'clock in the morning until midnight, when she participated in the course 'Global Leadership and Public Policy for the 21st Century' at Harvard University in Boston.

In an email to BT writes Crown Princess Mary:

"The course at Harvard has been incredibly inspiring and instructive, and it has been rewarding to be back to school. It has been a privilege to be taught by some of the leading professors in their fields. I gained a wide and exciting network, some new friends and new inspiration and knowledge that may be of assistance in my work," writes Mary in the mail.

And here some words I think everyone should take the time to read!

I love the little detail about Mary going home and putting the children to bed :clap: The statement is from the Danish business woman, Soulaima Gourani, who has worked closely with Mary several times:

- "Last year I arranged a meeting at Christiansborg. Mary attended. After the meeting, Mary invited us home in the private for dinner because it fitted with that she should home and put her kids to bed. And after she had putted her children to bed, we continued for a lovely evening, where we enjoyed and chatted on," says Soulaima to BT

Also Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway, holds private meetings at home in her private rooms when all the Global leaders meet. They do hold private meetings several times a year. Also Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attend the meetings.

- "I know that Crown Princess Mary is incredibly happy about it. She has also hosted many meetings in her own private rooms. She is very comitted. When we are together she is just 'Mary'. And she appreciates that no one adress her formally with 'De'. There she is just Mary, and all are familiar and are treated equally," says Soulaime.

- "I think these meetings are 'an area of freedom' for Mary because everything there is going on is confidential. So she is free to express her own personal views and possible political views," adding Soulaima.

Also politician Ida Auken often participate in the private working sessions with Mary:

- "I think Mary enjoys these meetings because she can just be human, and not Crown Princess at the meetings."

Attachments

• 13001150_1665752667034221_439265647915449858_n.jpg
    13001150_1665752667034221_439265647915449858_n.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 382
Last edited:
:previous: this is fantastic to read. thank you for sharing :flowers:
shows their level of commitment, while also balancing their family life

Great read! Good for Mary too!

Excellent read if we had more people like Mary in our world what better place it would be

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous:

You're all welcome - it's only a pleasure to for me to share!

Two more events for Mary today:

- At 13.30 - The Crown Princess opens a new social and health school in Copenhagen at 13.30

- At 17.20 - The Crown Princess, as patron of the Danish Swimming Federation, attends the Olympic qualification Danish Open.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary had barely finished the many events related to the state visit before she this morning was on the next event.

Today, she opened a new social and health school in Copenhagen:

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t...g?ig_cache_key=MTIyODkzMzQxMjgwOTMxNDM5Nw==.2
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bd87ce9ec0553b79f69b7fec86ed345f&oe=5779F0FA
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a782a6be084ed313636802cbe39550dc&oe=57BDE16C

And here is a video of Mary at the Sopu-school this afternoon. I.e. a school for people who want a career within the caring-sector- I.e. hospitals, nursing homes, special schools or institutions and so on.
VIDEO: Kronprinsesse Mary til fed skolefest på Vesterbro | BILLED-BLADET

Thanks.

As one can hear in the video Mary got such a warm welcoming (with whistling and all...) that she spontaneously thanked for it before she began her speech.

ADDED:

Right now, Mary as patron of the Danish Swimming Federation, attends the Olympic qualification Danish Open.

It may be too boring in the long run for the children, but I think we can be quite sure Mary has taken Frederik with her to this event :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom