Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 11: August 2013 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone.

Just got home after seeing Mary :flowers:

A big, lovely experience to see her in real life.

I think we were about 40-50 people and we got us some nice small talk while we waited. About our Crown Princess as well. And I can only say, Mary's popularity among people can't be denied.

I had a good talk with two police officers as well.

Finally Mary arrives and a little girl, Olivia, is brave and walks with her tiny legs and a red rose in her hand past all in the crowd and gives Mary her rose. The little girl talks and talks and Mary smiles and answers all she can.

Daughter, niece and I all got a smile, eye contact and a wave.

Nice experience to see and hear her "live". It's certainly not the last time we will do that.

I have noticed that many say this and now I'll say it too. For the heck, she's beautiful! She is beautiful in pictures, but they can't describe her in the reality. She looks radiant and her brown eyes sparkles when she looks at you.

Attachments

• IMG_4235.jpg
    IMG_4235.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_4238.jpg
    IMG_4238.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,401
  • IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 1,358
  • IMG_4247.jpg
    IMG_4247.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 1,374
Last edited:
:previous:thank you Roskilde for sharing not only the pictures but your experience :flowers:

Its lovely to hear the insights from the Danes themselves;)

Picture # 6 is my favorite
the eye contact with the little girl is so cute

what a lovely post dear roskilde. thank you very much. reminds me of when i met mary last year..it was also such a lovely day

roskilde newspaper have a photo galleri..mary for sure looked beautiful :)
Roskilde Avis: Mary hos vikingene

Thanks Roskilde for sharing.
It is always good to have someone on the spot and to have their insights and pictures.

Mary looks lovely and from information that I have read on the exhibition it is one that I would like to visit.

Oh my!! You got some amazing pictures roskilde!! Thanks for sharing them w/us. :)

I wonder how come a lady-in-waiting was not with CP Mary? I did not see Caroline Heering or Tanja Dorky? Instead, a man in uniform (adjutant) accompanied CP Mary. I wonder what is the significance of that?

Thank you Roskilde for your on the spot reporting! when I saw her in NYC a few years ago she appeared to have very rosy cheeks, an awful lot of blush, which didn't look like a lot in the pictures of the event. Did you notice the same thing?

Dear Roskilde:

Many Thank You's for all the lovely pictures of Mary, it great to see someone who actually was there and really saw her. She looks so beautiful in her pictures and how could she be more so in person.............your so lucky to have such a charming young woman who represents your country around the world. And she's got a hot hubby also!

I wonder how come a lady-in-waiting was not with CP Mary? I did not see Caroline Heering or Tanja Dorky? Instead, a man in uniform (adjutant) accompanied CP Mary. I wonder what is the significance of that?

Two reasons, I believe.
Normally if Mary's LiW, Tanja Doky, is unavailable she would bring her secretary, as you point out.
Recently and more and more often Mary has instead (or also) brought an adjutant.
So firstly this could be for practical reasons for a relatively simple and short visit where an adjutant will be a sufficient personal assistant.

Secondly, M&F don't have personal adjutants, they borrow one from QMII's staff af adjutants. So it is also IMO a subtle indication of how much M&F have taken over. The Regent Couple are almost constantly accompanied by an adjutant. And now quietly, so are M&F. At least when on the job.
It's only natural, as M&F have practically taken over in most functions, except those where the Monarch is directly required.

Last edited:
Dear Roskilde:

Many Thank You's for all the lovely pictures of Mary, it great to see someone who actually was there and really saw her. She looks so beautiful in her pictures and how could she be more so in person.............your so lucky to have such a charming young woman who represents your country around the world. And she's got a hot hubby also!

I'm fully aware of that :flowers:

Thank you SElizabeth, and to all other for your kind replies. I got some good pictures, although I remembered to enjoy the moment without looking through a camera lens ;)

And no, no lady-in-waiting this time. Muhler, good explanation.

I had me a good chat with some journalists as well. Included BB's Marianne Singer. Nice woman. She told a lot that I will post here in the thread over the next few days.

Busy as always, Mary has two event this noon.

First Mary will participates as a patron of the 'School for 200 years' anniversary at the 'Schools Song days' in the Concert Hall in DR Byen:

Se og Hør gives us the first picture and article
Mary begyndte dagen med skønsang - SE og HØR

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm joining the chorus who are thanking Roskilde for her wonderful photos. It looks like you managed to get quite close to Mary, and your photos were very sharp and clear. It's nice to hear that Mary gave you and your family a little wave and smile. I know that it's a lovely feeling to get that from a royal - I remember getting a wave from Elizabeth II during her Jubilee Tour of England. :)

I'm joining the chorus who are thanking Roskilde for her wonderful photos. It looks like you managed to get quite close to Mary, and your photos were very sharp and clear. It's nice to hear that Mary gave you and your family a little wave and smile. I know that it's a lovely feeling to get that from a royal - I remember getting a wave from Elizabeth II during her Jubilee Tour of England. :)

My thanks also to Roskilde for the very clear photos of the magical Viking ship museum! I was lucky enough to visit during a trip to Copenhagen a few years ago and will never forget this wonderful place that so dramatically tells the story of the Norsemen!:flowers:

Crown Princess Mary's upcoming rip to Norway can be found in this thread

Crown Princess Mary & Crown Princess Mette-Marit in Kristiansand: May 9, 2014
Thread

more photos from instagram

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmOJsUgIIAEeOLU.jpg:large

Instagram

marys short dress and (gorgeous legs) show how fantastic weather we have in denmark these days..sun..alot of sun and pretty high temperaturs..almost like was it summer ;-)

I agree she looks great
a video
Marys bevægende tale - YouTube

very important topic

a few more pictures
http://i.imgbox.com/NLrF5vtH.jpg
http://origincache-ash.fbcdn.net/10299873_1490323747849524_942107684_n.jpg
http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/7cda360acdf611e396d40002c9d79854_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
more photos from instagram

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmOJsUgIIAEeOLU.jpg:large

http://instagram.com/p/nSbUdUmjxm/#

marys short dress and (gorgeous legs) show how fantastic weather we have in denmark these days..sun..alot of sun and pretty high temperaturs..almost like was it summer ;-)

Could you send some of that across the pond to here in Canada!?! You would swear it's early March and not late April!!

Mary did indeed look fantastic today, but more important, she shone a light on a very important issue. Well done YRH!!

^^she is one busy woman, mary...the next three weeks will also be pretty busy..but always vigorous and with big smiles .. she beams and looks to be exactly there in life where she is happy and wish to be:)

Last edited:
:previous:thank you:flowers:
Mary looks lovely and confident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom