Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that her schedule will get busier in May and June.

It seems she hasn't had that many engagements lately. Perhaps it is due to the eastervacation.

In the calendar on the CP Couples webside two engagement are scheduled for the rest of april (this doesn't mean though that we will only see her on these dates as not all of her activities are listed in that calender).

The 28'th of april she will head the opening of the "Sun-campaign 2009" arranged by the Cancer Foundation.

The 30'th of april the CP Couple will head the opening of the exibition "For the Gods, Spirits and Ancestors" at Gl. Holtegaard.

Begining of May will be busy for the Crown Princess, events on May 4,6 & 7. Keep checking with the calender for updates and new enteries.

Why is it that Mary has had so litle engagement lately?

During this time of year the Danish Royals have very little engagements. But then the pic up quite a bit, and more and more will be added. They also have numerous private engagements that are never published.

During this time of year the Danish Royals have very little engagements. But then the pic up quite a bit, and more and more will be added. They also have numerous private engagements that are never published.

What would be considered 'a private engagement'?

What would be considered 'a private engagement'?

I would imagine that private engagements include attending weddings, christenings, private parties, etc. Frederik and Mary recently attended an event for their children's pre-school. They were there as parents of children in the school, not in any sort of royal capacity. These types of things probably come up throughout the year. Frederik's sailing events might also fall under this category.

Private engagements are also meetings with their patronages, work meetings with the Mary Foundation, etc. These are not entered on to the actual calender, but a seperate section called "Other Activities" and only after the event has taken place. Pictures are rarely seen from these.

Thanks , I did not know this... it sounds like it is what most of us do in our 'non-royal' life...meetings, attending to childeren, seeing friends and family..

Last week Mary attended two meetings with two of her patronages which only appeared on her calendar after she attended the meetings.

Last week Mary attended two meetings with two of her patronages which only appeared on her calendar after she attended the meetings.
Sorry, on which Calender do I find past meetings ect. I looked on the Danish Royal Calender thread , but only saw official events....:rolleyes:

Sorry, on which Calender do I find past meetings ect. I looked on the Danish Royal Calender thread , but only saw official events....:rolleyes:

And not all the meetings are posted after the fact either. many visits are done to partronages in secret and are never known.

Even with all of the above considered, I still find we havent seen her much lately, and especially since the christmas holidays. I wonder if they are simply busy with the children..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was to cold for Mary to wear a sleveless dress, we are not in summer yet and weather in Denmark tend to be very cold!!! So I think she should be wearing a jacket outside!

It looks like she gave a speech. Does anyone know what she said?

I think it was to cold for Mary to wear a sleveless dress, we are not in summer yet and weather in Denmark tend to be very cold!!! So I think she should be wearing a jacket outside!
The weather is actually uncommonly warm for April here - and have been the whole month. You can easily walk around right now without a jacket. :sun:

Crown Princess Mary's opening of the Cancer Society's Sun awareness Campaign for 2009 can be found here.

Not today. the weather has been wonderfull - I also walked around outside without jacket :flowers:

I think Mary, looks stunning in that outfit.
Really suits her.
It still amazes me how passionate Mary is about everything she takes part in, especially her patronges.
She is such a wonderful CP.
x

I think Mary, looks stunning in that outfit.
Really suits her.
It still amazes me how passionate Mary is about everything she takes part in, especially her patronges.
She is such a wonderful CP.
x

She has certainly proved she is not just a fashion princess. She supports so many worthy causes. Like you said she puts her whole heart into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom