Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think too that CP Mary should put a little less attention to fashion and make-up and so on... These are important but there are always risk that people will see only CP'sses look not her work. I really hope that Mary don't continue her top-fashion-way and come down again. Cause I still really like her but no one isn't without little mistakes.

Why should she dress down? Tone down her hair or make-up? She is the CP of Denmark, she is not the average woman walking down the street that nobody will notice if she is not up to her finest on that day. Everyone notices what Mary does and what she wears. We complain if she is not what we think "dressed" properly for an occassion. Mary, is Mary whether we like it or not. She will be the Queen one day so maybe we should get used to her learning her role and dressing how a future Queen should. You said she did not look well, like she was tired or sick. She cannot win regardless of what she does. :nonono:

I completely agree with UserDane, Lilla, and the others. Mary was attending an event that celebrates Danish fashion. She looked lovely and fashionable. One of her patronages involves supporting Danish fashion. I don't think that she looks inappropriate or overly-made up. She looks lovely and does her job well. IMO, she is a very good representative of Danish fashion.

Until a pregnancy is announced by the Danish Royal Court, please do not speculate about Mary being pregnant. Any future posts on this topic will be deleted without notice.

Could we also please continue discussing Mary's fashion in the appropriate thread in the fashion forum.

JessRulz
Danish Forum Moderator

I just said that she could be more humble, not dress down! And if she is doing a great job, has she is now, no words about that, she will be recognize by her job efficency and not by her fashion and way of dressing, sometimes less fashion will do good to her, not so many für,not so many jewels, that is all. Although I like to see ;) I think that we could expect sometimes something more low profile and not so high fashion, something only more professional, but that is only my opinion and I find that many of you doesn't agree with that, that's Ok :)

If I see the pictures of yesterday (your original comment was referring to yesterday's pictures, I believe) I wonder why you got the feeling she should dress more humble. Mary is wearing a black top, stockings and shoes and a printed skirt. I can't see anything that gives me the impression of "too much" or "not humble". Where are the furs, the jewels, the high fashion...?

CIFF is twice a year and twice a year we get those comments that Mary is too much concentrated on fashion and should be "more professional" (attending an important fashion fair in her capacity as patron seems to be unprofessional). It's getting boring, really.;)

I personally have the impression Mary is actually one of the more low key dressers among the crownprincesses, especially in comparison to Maxima and - at times - Mathilde (colours, prints, jewellery). She dresses up for special occasions but IMO she very seldom is over-doing it. Also, she is actually wearing a lot of Danish designers and not that much "high fashion". It's just that she is perhaps more trendy and chic than the others. And she is patron of a fashion fair and a fashion award.

I just said that she could be more humble, not dress down! And if she is doing a great job, as she is now, no words about that, she will be recognize by her job efficency and not by her fashion and way of dressing
That seems to be a contradiction.
If Mary is doing a great job, why should she be more humble? And why are you recognizing her by her way of dressing? And could she do the same great job if she were a different person?
To me it seems the (crown)princesses in general are actually more recognized by their way of dressing here and not so much by their job efficiency. This is a messageboard after all and most people just want to look at beautiful pictures of beautiful royal people.;)

State Visit from Brazil, 2007
State Visit from Bulgaria, 2006
Norwegi visit 2005 (Just a luch, three weeks after giving birth to a Prince Christian)
State Visit from Luxembourg, 2003 (As fiance of the Crown Prince)

Mary also took part in

State Visit from Romania, March 2004 (as Crown Prince Frederik's fiancé)
State Visit from Sweden, May 2007 (Just a lunch, 2½ weeks after giving birth to Princess Isabella)

This year there will be

State Visit from Greece, May 2009
State Visit to Vietnam, November 2009 (the Crown Prince Couple are included in this outgoing State Visit)

thank you

its not many
but then again there are not usally many state visits in denmark each year

Henriks is very found of vietnam so i guess he wants to show it for them.

Here is the list of the state visits to DK,
indeed not many if you compare it with other countries: Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Statsbesøg

There was also a half-private visit of President Bush in 2005, with a birthday lunch in Fredensborg. Mary was pregnant then.

Umm not many indeed.
Oh well they do, do alot at home I suppose.
x

Mary and Frederik have made many Official Visits to other nations, but State Visits are made by the Head of State, the Queen.

Official Visit to Greenland June-July 2004
London September 2004
Berlin November 2004
New York Jan 2005
Official Visit to Australia March 2005
Thailand April 2005 (with families of Danish victims of tsunami)
Japan 2005
Official Visit to Færø Islands June 2005
Latvia August 2005 (just Mary)
Northern Germany February 2006
Prague September 2006 (Mary only)
Russia September 2006 (for Reburial of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna)
EU institutions in Brussels November 2006
F&M headed Danish Industries business delegation to New York September 2007
Slovenia April 2008 (Mary, as patron of WHO for European Immunization Week)
Official Visit to Iceland May 2008
Mary at United Nations Headquarters, Geneva for Danish Refugee Council & WHO
Frederik to Svalbard, Norway June 2008
Mary in London June 2008 (with Danish Trade delegation)
Official Visit to Mongolia August 2008 (Frederik only)
Official Visit to Bulgaria September 2008
Mary in Uganda with Danish Refugee Council Sept-Oct 2008
Official Visit to Thailand November 2008

She has a very pleasant sounding voice.

I agree. Whether she is speaking English or Danish, I think she sounds very nice. Her voice has a good amount of volume, and is not too high pitched or low pitched.

Mary and Frederik have made many Official Visits to other nations, but State Visits are made by the Head of State, the Queen.

i think the other poster meant how many state visit mary participated in while other presidents or heads of state visited denmark.

so did they do the following official visits outside denmark?

UK
GERMANY

US
AUSTRALIA
THAILAND
JAPAN
LATVIA (short visit)

GERMANY
CHECZ REPUBLIC
RUSSIA
BELGIUM

US
SLOVENIA (short visit)

ICELAND
SWITZERLAND (short visit)
UK
BULGARIA
UGANDA
THAILAND

it seems that their (mary's mainly) agenda is growing as the years progress! this year another US visit has already been announced.

I wish they would come to Canada, specifically somewhere on the west coast. No royals, except the Brits, ever come here. :cry:

i think the other poster meant how many state visit mary participated in while other presidents or heads of state visited denmark.
Yes :) I understood. See my post #126

My list of the official visits of the Crown Prince Couple was a response to the comments saying "Not many. They do a lot at home...". It seemed some people might not realize that State Visits and Official Visits differed so I wanted to show that the Danish Crown Prince and Crown Princess have indeed been representing Denmark aboard.

Yes those are the Official Visits abroad, plus the Official Visits to Danish Commonwealth countries Greenland and Færø Islands. There were also Olympic Games in Athens, Turin and Beijing which might not be considered official but there were some official functions with the Presidents, Danish Embassies, and in Beijing the Danish Ballet and special Danish-Chinese cultural exhibition. There were also visits to other kingdoms for King Carl Gustaf's 60th birthday, Prince Sverre Magnus' christening, King Harald's 70th birthday, the silver wedding celebrations for the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg, other special celebrations in Norway (was it Queen Sonja's birthday or a wedding anniversay?),Prince Charles' 60th birthday which are part if that private-public grey area.

interesting that they will visit the US for the 3rd time this year - 2005, 2007 and 2009

interesting that they will visit the US for the 3rd time this year - 2005, 2007 and 2009

I believe that part of the reason why they are visiting the US is to honor a university in Nebraska that is celebrating its 125th anniversary. Dana College is a Lutheran university that was founded by Danish immigrants.

Here is a link to their website (with a mention of the CP couple's visit):

Danish Crown Prince to Visit Dana College - Dana College

The US has quite a few Danish Business interests as well as many families and institutions that were founded by Danish immigrants. It stands to reason that those endeavors would be supported by the current government, and the faces of those governments. It also happens to be that many Americans have an interest in royalty in general, so it is a good way to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. They royals present themselves and at the same time prove themselves worthwhile of the cost that they incur, while at the same time supporting their countrymen, and the history of the country. I think that it is an admirable way to make oneself relevant, especially in these tough economic times, when royalty might begin to seem superfluous to some. (Not me, but I can see where others might take that opinion.)

Official Visit to Greenland June-July 2004
London September 2004
Berlin November 2004
New York Jan 2005
Official Visit to Australia March 2005
Thailand April 2005 (with families of Danish victims of tsunami)
Japan 2005
Official Visit to Færø Islands June 2005
Latvia August 2005 (just Mary)
Northern Germany February 2006
Prague September 2006 (Mary only)
Russia September 2006 (for Reburial of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna)
EU institutions in Brussels November 2006
F&M headed Danish Industries business delegation to New York September 2007
Slovenia April 2008 (Mary, as patron of WHO for European Immunization Week)
Official Visit to Iceland May 2008
Mary at United Nations Headquarters, Geneva for Danish Refugee Council & WHO
Frederik to Svalbard, Norway June 2008
Mary in London June 2008 (with Danish Trade delegation)
Official Visit to Mongolia August 2008 (Frederik only)
Official Visit to Bulgaria September 2008
Mary in Uganda with Danish Refugee Council Sept-Oct 2008
Official Visit to Thailand November 2008

Okay maybe more than I thought.
Of course theirs the US Visit now to put on the list.
I hope they come to England soon, and not just London, come to visit up north.

x

Old Town looks very charming! It looks like she was opening an exhibition. Do you know what type of exhibition it was?

Evening Wear from 1909 - 2009 i think :)
x

Why is it that Mary has had so litle engagement lately?

It seems she hasn't had that many engagements lately. Perhaps it is due to the eastervacation.

In the calendar on the CP Couples webside two engagement are scheduled for the rest of april (this doesn't mean though that we will only see her on these dates as not all of her activities are listed in that calender).

The 28'th of april she will head the opening of the "Sun-campaign 2009" arranged by the Cancer Foundation.

The 30'th of april the CP Couple will head the opening of the exibition "For the Gods, Spirits and Ancestors" at Gl. Holtegaard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom