Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary looked nice and not to formal (what is good because she was metting with children), with that brown troussers and a simple white jacket!!

Mary looked nice and not to formal (what is good because she was metting with children), with that brown troussers and a simple white jacket!!

CPMary reminds me of a girl I went to school with out East named Kelly. Natural elegance, mischief and charm! Very friendly smile and smart with a good heart. A lot like her.

Very elegant dresser and great with children.

I have moved several post's about Princess Mary's dress worn to Prince Frederik's 40th birthday to the HRH Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear: Part Two thread which can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of these pictures shows Mary holding up a hand in the manner with which one would show off a ring. There is a ring on the hand that she is holding up, but it doesn't seem to be a wedding ring. Does anyone know if she was presented with a ring at this event?

Not really sure why she's holding up her hand that way but when she arrived for the event and received flowers, she was already wearing both rings: one with a large round blue stone and one with gold. If you download this photo to your computer:
Royal news
you can enlarge it and see two rings on the same finger.

-Ayvee

I think she might have been moving her hair in that middle photo

She's really beautiful!! so elegant!!!

When i look a photo's of Mary from the recent weeks
she seems to look much more natural and relaxed.
As if something is more at ease and light from inside her.
Her smile looks more genuine and happier.
In past it looked if she was all the time very concerd how she appeard.
At the wedding of Joyachim and Marie she looked beautiful not only from outside but from the inside! And that is a big change in her

Mary has attended a cancer event, click here

Last edited:
i see from the events thread that Mary will be in London for a few days at the end of June :)

Mhh, why is Mary smiling so happily while leaving the cancer event? It's a bit inappropriate to walk away like you've went to a fashion show.:bang:

In what way is this inappropriate? Sorry if I'm missing something but I don't get your point. Maybe she is smiling happily because she has had an enjoyable and informative time - who knows!? :flowers:

Mhh, why is Mary smiling so happily while leaving the cancer event? It's a bit inappropriate to walk away like you've went to a fashion show.:bang:

Cancer research is a good thing and everyone there appears to smiling at her. What? Is she not supposed to smile and rather be a sour grape.
I personally think that this is something really trivial to pick on.:ermm:

I am not sure, she looked like she was at the edge of falling asleep while the speeches went on.

I reiterate, this is something really trivial to pick on.

Trivial just when there is criticism? Nice clothes is a quite trivial subject , but it's there all the time..

You are in rare shape Santacruz - almost like old times at a former happily dissolved sour grapes board .....:whistling:

Trivial just when there is criticism? Nice clothes is a quite trivial subject , but it's there all the time..

By trivial I mean that you are commenting on something that isn't even there or necessary for that matter. Or maybe just to stir up negativity?

Well, after seeing the video and listening to the speached, I must say - she had very good reasons for smiling.

And as I have been one of many contributors to the huge amount of money - collected to the cancerresearch - which was given out on this event, I would expect her to be smiling just like she did.

What I don't understand is how anybody can bring it over her/his heart to turn such a serious matter into the kind of triviality just quoted. But perhaps it takes people who has lost their dear-ones to cancer - or just kind-hearted people - to really appreciate a warm happy smile from a CP on an occasion like this, even when the smile comes in times of grief.

Furturnatly most posters here seems to be those kind-hearted people.

Last edited:

Unless you have walked a mile in a cancer victims shoes you have no right how to say anything about someone smiling. I have had cancer for over 2 years now and just went through a double mastectomy the 21st of last month, and strangest thing people still smile and laugh around me. We are not DEAD we have cancer. We are people just like you. We do not want to be around people that are uncomfortable around us. Say the word cancer to me, and let us talk about how you need to make sure you are tested yearly to not have to go through the same thing I have been through. I can assure you I have laughed, smiled, cracked totally off color jokes with my care takers for 2 years. Thank God someone can smile at us and make us feel normal.

Before you say I have never lost someone my Dad died with bone cancer. I stayed with him for weeks before his death. We laughed, cried, smiled, told jokes and lived his LIFE not his impending death.

Last edited:
Do you know what the event was about? It was the award ceremony of Danish Cancer Society's Research Fund for 2008, 66 grants were given out to the total value of 74.7 million DKK. A very good day for those involved in cancer research and lots of reasons to smile.

dee4855 I am very sorry to hear about your long fight with cancer and I wish you all the best for the future. :flowers:

Exactly my point. Clothing, outfits, and their style and what they are doing is pretty much what we are all here to look at and comment on. Even better, we like to see the Crown Princesses working for worthy causes. So yes, while commenting on Mary's blisters, (not corns) might be trivial, maybe the other members like to see that she might be a princess, but she's also still human.

Making unnecessary comments (why is she smiling?) that are clearly offending other members (as noted in other comments) in a thread like this where alot of people have been closely affected by cancer (including my family), maybe just a little bit more sensitivity is required.:)

dee4855 I sincerely hope you get well soon and that you are blessed with full health!:flowers:

June 15, 2008 at 2:00 pm
Princess Mary at the 100 year jubilee of Danish Pediatric Society at the University Hospital in Copenhagen
Gallery from MSN

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ayvee for the pictures. Mary looks quite happy today, the arriving pictures are pretty. Her outfit was quite nice as well.

Mary just looks happy in general. Like she's content with her life now---charming husband (no pun intended) and two cute kids. She's normal! lol

Oh, I was wondering if she would ever wear that skirt again, it has been awhile, I love the colours.

Oh, I was wondering if she would ever wear that skirt again, it has been awhile, I love the colours.

Me too. And I'm tempted to say that it looks better than the first time she wore it.

Yes! :D:D:D The peacock skirt! Fantastic that she's worn it again, but I agree with marmi: it looked better the first time she wore it (to CIFF in Feb '06). Nonetheless, Mary still looks very happy indeed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom