The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Courtier

I would love to see her at Ascot -- even riding in one of the carriages!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I would love to see her at Ascot -- even riding in one of the carriages!
Yes she does have a love of horses. Maybe not horse racing though. It would be fantastic for her and Frederik to attend. I know Margrethe and Henrik did a few years back.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post

I thought Mary was only in England for one event. I really really hope that her and Frederik come on a state tour soon. Would be amazing.
State visits are only for heads of state. Thus, they won't be able to make any state visits until such time as Frederik ascends the throne. They can make official visits, though. I presume you mean you would like them to make an official visit to the UK together.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
State visits are only for heads of state. Thus, they won't be able to make any state visits until such time as Frederik ascends the throne. They can make official visits, though. I presume you mean you would like them to make an official visit to the UK together.
If they would still have a banquet at BP then whatever visit is fine by me. If the regent couple and the crown prince couple were invited would that count as a state visit if Margrethe and Henrik went?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
There will normally be a LIW with Mary. I have uploaded some pictures for you here. These pics show Mary & her LIW in London, Australia, America and Africa, and although there are many more examples, I cant find them right now...
Thanks Marmi! I didn't realize that they always traveled with Mary. They certainly have traveled to a lot of places. One of the perks of the glamourous job!

Will Mary travel directly from London to Greenland, or will she return to Denmark and travel with the rest of the family?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Great photos...I love her outfit, the mixture of grey and red, heavy and light fabrics and those GORGEOUS red shoes...true Mary style that we know and love...quirky but practical with a hint of individuality
Old 06-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's another look at Mary's London visit:

Billed-Bladet - Mary smuk og chik på visit i London – se billederne
Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Majesty

i'm curious to know if mary decided to extend the london visit for private purposes since she seems to have friends there?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm curious to know if mary decided to extend the london visit for private purposes since she seems to have friends there?
The tate modern event on the 16th was the only one on the calender which is why i was surprised when she went to the ambassadors lunch. I suppose it would give the chance to meet up with friends when you have a morning and afternoon to kill.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Courtier

I think Mary had 2 events in London, one where she attended the exhibition and the other was where she presented an award. It was a one day visit.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
I think Mary had 2 events in London, one where she attended the exhibition and the other was where she presented an award. It was a one day visit.
Princess Mary attended a lunch to celebrate a seminar on ‘Building Schools for Future Learning’ from Denmark’s Crown at Danish Ambassador’s residence in London, England.
Then Mary attended a private view of a major retrospective exhibition by Danish artist Per Kirkeby at Tate Modern in London, England.
Both on the 16th June.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

You know what, she looks nice in London but I want to see her in Ascot.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
You know what, she looks nice in London but I want to see her in Ascot.
I do hope she does attend one day. To see her in the royal box with Her Majesty would be incredible to see and the choice of outfits
Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Crown Princess Mary visits Ehlershjemmet Center Crisis in Haderslev

JV.dk - Nyheder fra Haderslev - Vojens og Gram

Old 07-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Here are some more belga pics from today:

Crown Princess Mary visits the Ehlershjemmet (an observation
and treatment institution for parents and children) in Haderslev,
DK.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 ** Pic 10 **
Old 07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

she has a new hoffdame:

http://www.jv.dk/modules/xphoto/cach...94_480_500.jpg
Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

Back to work for Mary!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Great pictures. Mary looks abit tired but also seems to be having a nice time in some pictures. Not sure if I like the outfit. It's been a while since we last sew Mary.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Courtier

I like the outfit. Lovely photos. Mary look very pretty, simple, feminine and elegant at the same time.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never seen that LIW before. I wonder who she is.

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson