The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

She is lovely I can't denie, wonderful, fantastic, but and please don't get me wrong I think she is too mucht, she doesn't look like the future Queen of Denmark but the future Danish Top Model, and please don't get me wrong because I love princess Mary, yes she should support Danish fashion but sometimes she just is too mucht, she should be more humble and that should also reflects on her way of dressing, I don't know if my comment will be accepted here but that was my thoughts when I look to her today .

Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

I think too that CP Mary should put a little less attention to fashion and make-up and so on... These are important but there are always risk that people will see only CP'sses look not her work. I really hope that Mary don't continue her top-fashion-way and come down again. Cause I still really like her but no one isn't without little mistakes.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
She is lovely I can't denie, wonderful, fantastic, but and please don't get me wrong I think she is too mucht, she doesn't look like the future Queen of Denmark but the future Danish Top Model, and please don't get me wrong because I love princess Mary, yes she should support Danish fashion but sometimes she just is too mucht, she should be more humble and that should also reflects on her way of dressing, I don't know if my comment will be accepted here but that was my thoughts when I look to her today .
Again, the fashion industry is the 4th largest industry in Denmark. It is an industry in grave difficulties which threaten to become even deeper in the face of the severe international financial crisis. This industry has two yearly CIFF events - of course she has to attend them as a patron! If producing tea bags was the 4th largest industry in Denmark, she would be attending any tea bag exhibitions as well. It is not about the product as such, but the importance of the product for the Danish economy.

Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen paid a visit as well; not because he just had to have a couple of fancy suits - but because it is important to show support for an industry that may suffer an even more severe setback in the months to come. Danish media has a lot of coverage of the difficulties for the industry and the support shown by high-profiled persons like CP Mary and the prime minister.

I don't quite follow what purpose it would serve for Mary to dress humble? Who would benefit from it?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Aristocracy

I think that Mary looks a little sick some times. That makes me think of a pregnancy, when she was pregnant with Isabella she also was pale and a little sick in the start, so maybe its that whats is bugging her ? Princess Marie was also sick in the start and wasn't to her jobs, it was Prince Joachim who weet up.
Mary wouden't sta away just beacuse she was sick, and gad Frederik to weet op.

So maybe she is pregant againg, maybe not ?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
www.marie-og-mary.blogspot.com
Old 02-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nulle30 View Post
I think that Mary looks a little sick some times. That makes me think of a pregnancy, when she was pregnant with Isabella she also was pale and a little sick in the start, so maybe its that whats is bugging her ? Princess Marie was also sick in the start and wasn't to her jobs, it was Prince Joachim who weet up.
Mary wouden't sta away just beacuse she was sick, and gad Frederik to weet op.

So maybe she is pregant againg, maybe not ?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
www.marie-og-mary.blogspot.com

Errr... perhaps she has a cold, or she is down the weather, or the kids hadn't been sleeping well and she wakes up with them, or Fred had been having insomnia, or she is not eating well or she is working too hard and has two toddlers at home... This are the things I would think of BEFORE pregnancy
Old 02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
I don't quite follow what purpose it would serve for Mary to dress humble? Who would benefit from it?
No one!! Dressing humble would be utterly misplaced!

It would only give an impression of her not having grasped some fundamental conditions in the Danish society and the economic conditions for the Danish fashion industry in particular.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post

As Lilla said... no one! (Good post, by the way Userdane).

We should be aware that if people like Princesses, Queens, and other rich persons stop buying goods (like clothes, cars, ...) the companies will close... I know the world is facing difficult times but there are those who can still buy. And I hope they buy a LOT.

Princesses are not to dress as if they were poor, IMO. They are to give an image of decency, modesty, kindness and class. And Mary is for me, the only Princess who possesses all these four charactistics at the same time.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Courtier

To me Mary dresses well in beautiful clothes. No high fashion. I don't see her in Ungaro, etc etc. Yes, she wears Prada but not couture. I expect her to dress well, not like she bought things at H and M. This is her only fashion cause. She does so much more for other charities such as mental health etc. But no one wants to talk about that. I and others like to talk about fashion. I don't mind talking about other things, but after my day, the fantasy is what I am looking for. The fact that it isn't reality is what takes my mind off things.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
As Lilla said... no one! (Good post, by the way Userdane).

We should be aware that if people like Princesses, Queens, and other rich persons stop buying goods (like clothes, cars, ...) the companies will close... I know the world is facing difficult times but there are those who can still buy. And I hope they buy a LOT.

Princesses are not to dress as if they were poor, IMO. They are to give an image of decency, modesty, kindness and class. And Mary is for me, the only Princess who possesses all these four charactistics at the same time.

I couldn't agree more! If I had Princess Marys budget to spend I would be dressing very nice too! I think she could just be tired from her personal life (2 small kids) and her professional life (going to all these events).
Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Aristocracy

She is 37 today!!! If she is sick with the "9-month flu" that would be fantastic because I wouldn't want her to have any more babies after the age of 40...c'mon Mary give us the news soon, you are not getting any younger!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnessa View Post
I think too that CP Mary should put a little less attention to fashion and make-up and so on... These are important but there are always risk that people will see only CP'sses look not her work. I really hope that Mary don't continue her top-fashion-way and come down again. Cause I still really like her but no one isn't without little mistakes.
Why should she dress down? Tone down her hair or make-up? She is the CP of Denmark, she is not the average woman walking down the street that nobody will notice if she is not up to her finest on that day. Everyone notices what Mary does and what she wears. We complain if she is not what we think "dressed" properly for an occassion. Mary, is Mary whether we like it or not. She will be the Queen one day so maybe we should get used to her learning her role and dressing how a future Queen should. You said she did not look well, like she was tired or sick. She cannot win regardless of what she does.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I completely agree with UserDane, Lilla, and the others. Mary was attending an event that celebrates Danish fashion. She looked lovely and fashionable. One of her patronages involves supporting Danish fashion. I don't think that she looks inappropriate or overly-made up. She looks lovely and does her job well. IMO, she is a very good representative of Danish fashion.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Until a pregnancy is announced by the Danish Royal Court, please do not speculate about Mary being pregnant. Any future posts on this topic will be deleted without notice.

Could we also please continue discussing Mary's fashion in the appropriate thread in the fashion forum.

JessRulz
Danish Forum Moderator
Old 02-06-2009, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I just said that she could be more humble, not dress down! And if she is doing a great job, has she is now, no words about that, she will be recognize by her job efficency and not by her fashion and way of dressing, sometimes less fashion will do good to her, not so many für,not so many jewels, that is all. Although I like to see I think that we could expect sometimes something more low profile and not so high fashion, something only more professional, but that is only my opinion and I find that many of you doesn't agree with that, that's Ok
Old 02-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Serene Highness

If I see the pictures of yesterday (your original comment was referring to yesterday's pictures, I believe) I wonder why you got the feeling she should dress more humble. Mary is wearing a black top, stockings and shoes and a printed skirt. I can't see anything that gives me the impression of "too much" or "not humble". Where are the furs, the jewels, the high fashion...?

CIFF is twice a year and twice a year we get those comments that Mary is too much concentrated on fashion and should be "more professional" (attending an important fashion fair in her capacity as patron seems to be unprofessional). It's getting boring, really.

I personally have the impression Mary is actually one of the more low key dressers among the crownprincesses, especially in comparison to Maxima and - at times - Mathilde (colours, prints, jewellery). She dresses up for special occasions but IMO she very seldom is over-doing it. Also, she is actually wearing a lot of Danish designers and not that much "high fashion". It's just that she is perhaps more trendy and chic than the others. And she is patron of a fashion fair and a fashion award.

Quote:
I just said that she could be more humble, not dress down! And if she is doing a great job, as she is now, no words about that, she will be recognize by her job efficency and not by her fashion and way of dressing
That seems to be a contradiction.
If Mary is doing a great job, why should she be more humble? And why are you recognizing her by her way of dressing? And could she do the same great job if she were a different person?
To me it seems the (crown)princesses in general are actually more recognized by their way of dressing here and not so much by their job efficiency. This is a messageboard after all and most people just want to look at beautiful pictures of beautiful royal people.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

All the posts regarding Mary's training with the Danish Home Guard have been moved to the newly created thread, Crown Princess Mary's training with the Danish Home Guard. Please continue the discussion there.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Majesty

How many state visits has mary taken part of?
Old 02-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
How many state visits has mary taken part of?
State Visit from Brazil, 2007
State Visit from Bulgaria, 2006
Norwegi visit 2005 (Just a luch, three weeks after giving birth to a Prince Christian)
State Visit from Luxembourg, 2003 (As fiance of the Crown Prince)

Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
State Visit from Brazil, 2007
State Visit from Bulgaria, 2006
Norwegi visit 2005 (Just a luch, three weeks after giving birth to a Prince Christian)
State Visit from Luxembourg, 2003 (As fiance of the Crown Prince)
Mary also took part in

State Visit from Romania, March 2004 (as Crown Prince Frederik's fiancé)
State Visit from Sweden, May 2007 (Just a lunch, 2½ weeks after giving birth to Princess Isabella)

This year there will be

State Visit from Greece, May 2009
State Visit to Vietnam, November 2009 (the Crown Prince Couple are included in this outgoing State Visit)
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Majesty

thank you

its not many
but then again there are not usally many state visits in denmark each year

Henriks is very found of vietnam so i guess he wants to show it for them.

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson