Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
biboquinhas said:
So she is out and about, she is doing fine, so I cannot understand why not release some pictures:rolleyes:

I dont think they are ready yet to release a picture, i know we all want to see a few but it might be worth waiting.:flowers:

Give the woman a break! There is no reason they can't have some privacy.

biboquinhas said:
Yes I know he isn't obligate to talk but I think it will be nice for everyone to hear something like"Mary and little Mary are doing fin","they are recovering", etc etc. And always the question: Why they don't release pictures of the little one?The two brothers really should have the same treatement! I really hope we can see both before the Christening!

So she is out and about, she is doing fine, so I cannot understand why not release some pictures

Patience, all good things come to those who wait.

So, please, let's move on from the question, "WHERE ARE THE PHOTOS", which no one has the answer at this moment.:flowers:

I loved watching the program , even though I did not understand a word it! I once read a survey saying that Danish was, after dutch, the ugliest langage in the world, but I sort of like it ;)

Biboquinhas,
Mary gave birth less than two weeks ago and you're already blaming her for not having her agenda full yet? Geez, I have no words for that :rolleyes:

The video was wonderful thank you so much for sharing. :flowers:

She looks to enjoy very mucht what she does, always having a smile on her face! It's difficult to do something that we just can learn by experience of the following day. By attending several events she can learn how to behave and how to handle several different situations. This is a very differente "job" from the normal ones!

Thanks so much for the link to the video! It must be a very hard job to do! Sometimes I think that the work would by so easy, but I can see it must be hard.

Thank you very much for the video! Very nice little TV-docu. We could also see some pictures from the last years! Mary seems to be very popular and loved in Denmark!

MissSaga said:
I loved watching the program , even though I did not understand a word it! I once read a survey saying that Danish was, after dutch, the ugliest langage in the world, but I sort of like it ;)

Biboquinhas,
Mary gave birth less than two weeks ago and you're already blaming her for not having her agenda full yet? Geez, I have no words for that :rolleyes:

MissSaga,

Danish sounds weird, so does Dutch, but they're far away from being ugly (and I am a Spanish native speaker, so figure out how weird it sounds to me)...where did you read that survey? ;)

Regarding your comment on Mary's agenda...God you're right (no offense Biboquinhas, but we must remain patient!)

Verde Esmeralda said:
MissSaga,

Danish sounds weird, so does Dutch, but they're far away from being ugly (and I am a Spanish native speaker, so figure out how weird it sounds to me)...where did you read that survey? ;)

Regarding your comment on Mary's agenda...God you're right (no offense Biboquinhas, but we must remain patient!)

I've always heard it said that danish and dutch are particularly un-attractive and difficult languages...and i certainly agree!!! (i'am danish)

It has been said numerous times that Danish is one of the most difficult languages to learn (I'm currently learning the language, and I have never been so frustrated in my entire life.)

Mary has come along way and I give her credit for it. It's not easy being in the spotlight and expected to speak Danish with ease. Her effort as well as determination to master the language should be applauded.:flowers:

Yes GlitteringTiaras youa re right but so she will be one day Queen of Denmark so the least she can do is to learn how to speak Danish, even if that was a big effort for her she must be a good Danish speaker and she should be still learning Danish because she must speak perfectly!!!

Verde Esmeralda said:
MissSaga,

I read it about two years ago in the New York Times.

:flowers:

Thank you, Glittering Tiaras, for alerting us to the video. Mary has put in a lot of effort, has had great success and deserves much credit. A lot of video time was given over to the commentary of two men. Can anyone give us the gist of what they were saying? Can User Dane?

Ctejnoe said:
I've always heard it said that danish and dutch are particularly un-attractive and difficult languages...and i certainly agree!!! (i'am danish)

jaja ok, still you should try switching to Latin languages and tell me then if you don't just love danish...(regarding the difficulty)

When did she start learning Danish btw? Máxima for instance was pretty good at Dutch in 6 months or sth... (let's just skip the fact that she had a private super intensive training:rolleyes: )

Verde Esmeralda said:
jaja ok, still you should try switching to Latin languages and tell me then if you don't just love danish...(regarding the difficulty)

When did she start learning Danish btw? Máxima for instance was pretty good at Dutch in 6 months or sth... (let's just skip the fact that she had a private super intensive training:rolleyes: )

I don't know when she started but she must've learned pretty quickly. I have learned Danish for 2 years and I am nowhere near fluent.

And yes I also think Dutch is an unattractive and difficult language to learn. I'm glad I'm a native Dutch speaker :D . Danish is perfectly understandable for me when it's written down, but I understand little when it's spoken.

I think that she is quite good in Danish as it possible. It's all depend of language-talent.

Btw. If she would try learn Polish it would take much more time.

there's a thread for the discussion of Mary's fluency/lack of fluency in Danish, and it's not this one. Don't get me all excited about a Mary-sighting, and then have it just be this old argument again.

Last edited:
The latest photos of CP Mary at home with her sister and Christian are lovely. It looks to me that Mary may be going to grow her hair again, which of course i prefer. It could also be that with all that has been happening she just hasn't had a haircut recently. Any way the photos are great, it is nice to see the royals in their own surroundings where they are more relaxed.

Me too ! And she looks fab already .. Already in shape, what a woman ..

well, it does help when you can lose ten pounds in one event...;)

Looking good is easy when you have 27 servants who count among their duties, cooking, cleaning and looking after your children

Little_star said:
Looking good is easy when you have 27 servants who count among their duties, cooking, cleaning and looking after your children

While I no doubt that Mary and Frederik have domestic help, I don't think Mary is the type of woman to sit around on her duff all day while other people do everything. I'm sure she accepts help from time to time, but she strikes me as someone who enjoys cooking for her family or taking care of her own children or occasionally picking up the living room/family room. If I were her, I'd do it just to keep myself from becoming spoiled.

Little_star said:

Sorry everyone, but I have to agree with Little Star.:rolleyes:

To have servants do your housework is not being spoiled. It is simply another lifestyle. Do you consider anyone that does not have to forage for food and cook over a fire spoiled. Remember that the aristocrats and upper class live very differently from the rest of society - doing housework and all the child rearing is not considered a virtue.

Little_star said:

Trust me, I've met so many who have servants and still look a mess all the time.
Maybe Princess Mary doesn't cook (or maybe she does) but I think she spend a lot of her time caring care of her son and daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom