The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 585
Larger and clearer pictures at this site. I think Mary is a lot prettier than her friend, but I love her outfit more, minus the gold purse.

royals.web-log.nl
__________________

__________________
The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind. ~ Albert Camus
  #342  
Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,442
Caroline Flemming is a television presenter right? It seems a flashy type, not traditionally ´salonfahig´ for a European court (apart from Monaco). Is Hella married to Baron Otto RT(there are two Barons RT with Otto in their name) that was born in 1953? How old is Helle?
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #343  
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Caroline Flemming is a television presenter right?
No. I have no idea exactly what Caroline does for a living (in fact, I don't believe anybody does. There are rumors, but nothing to support them.) I do know that she was on some show in Norway called Baronessen. She spoke about her relationship with Mary as well as other royals during that program and talked about herself. I'm not so sure that would qualify her as a television presenter. Apparently, she supposed to be the primary caretaker of Valdemars Slot. Nobody knows for sure, however. She seems like the flip-flop type of person when it comes to actually working. This is my opinion, not a jab, by the way.

Article about Caroline

Quote:
Is Hella married to Baron Otto RT(there are two Barons RT with Otto in their name) that was born in 1953? How old is Helle?

Yes.

Helle Reedtz-Thott is a stay at home Mom and is involved with her husband's property, Gavnø Slot. I'm not sure how old she is (I assume she is the same age as Mary), but I do know that she is way younger than her husband, Otto.
  #344  
Old 12-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Fashionista100's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 779
I think Mary looks really good, and warm! I think Caroline is a bit overdressed and too flashy. I love Mary's new hair.
  #345  
Old 12-14-2007, 02:42 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
No. I have no idea exactly what Caroline does for a living (in fact, I don't believe anybody does. There are rumors, but nothing to support them.) I do know that she was on some show in Norway called Baronessen. She spoke about her relationship with Mary as well as other royals during that program and talked about herself. I'm not so sure that would qualify her as a television presenter. Apparently, she supposed to be the primary caretaker of Valdemars Slot. Nobody knows for sure, however. She seems like the flip-flop type of person when it comes to actually working. This is my opinion, not a jab, by the way.
Caroline is the eldest of Niels Iuel-Brockdorff's two daughters (their Swedish-born mother died from cancer when Caroline was 11 years old) and the latest in a long line of Iuel-Brockdorffs to run the Valdemar Castle (Valdemars Slot - Slægten Juel) - so basically her occupation is the same as any other (usually male) heir who try to make ends meet when running a costly estate. This means renting out premises at the castle for all sorts of events (Valdemars Slot - Virtuel tur - if you want to see a virtual tour, click Klik her below the picture).
She agreed to participate in a TV doc series about the way they try to turn Valdemar Slot into a profitable estate (I think the finances were not that good during her father's leadership) and the TV doc would of course provide them with some puclicity. As far as I understand she is discreet about her friendship with CP Mary and has on several occasions refused to comment on it.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
  #346  
Old 12-14-2007, 04:58 AM
Paty's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 3,873
Someone know wich day she was in London?
  #347  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:17 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,442
Thanks for that info, GT and UD. It can surely be difficult to make such an estate profitable! A pity they don´t show more pictures on the site though, but from what I can see it looks lovely (esp. the church). So is Caroline a Barones in her own right or did Ian Flemming receive a peerage at some point?

Just out of curiosity, why are the ladies posing for the camera? Was it a paparazzi photographer that followed them or did they plan the shooting?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #348  
Old 12-14-2007, 06:00 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Thanks for that info, GT and UD. It can surely be difficult to make such an estate profitable! A pity they don´t show more pictures on the site though, but from what I can see it looks lovely (esp. the church). So is Caroline a Barones in her own right or did Ian Flemming receive a peerage at some point?

Just out of curiosity, why are the ladies posing for the camera? Was it a paparazzi photographer that followed them or did they plan the shooting?
Yes, I think that Caroline is a baroness in her own right. It has been said somewhere here, that she and her soon to be ex-husband own Valdemar Castle jointly - that his money was much needed to get the castle's finances on foot. It must be immensely costly to run a castle like this; Caroline's father Niels Iuel-Brockdorff lived abroad for a number of years and as far as I remember from the media here it had to to with the strained finances for the castle.
But Valdemar castle is a lovely place! It is situated on a small island, Tåsinge - very recommendable place to visit

Re the posing - don't know why they did it? Perhaps from a policy of being nice and have a few shots taken and then be left alone?
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
  #349  
Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 18,442
Ah, that got me confused, so in Denmark they do it the same way as in Britain, they put the title with the last name of the husband, as in Lady Helen Taylor, laday Sarah Chatto etc. In the Benelux countries the custom is to keep the title together with the name where it is derived from, so in Caroline´s case it would be Caroline Fleming, Baroness Iuel-Brockdorff. So that is what got me confused!

That would explain the posing indeed, and as we didn´t get to see any paparazzi pictures of the trip I suppose the photographer did leave them alone, so good for them. Still, a shopping trip like this on camera might not be the best PR, neither is the posing (it seems a bit like the so-called WAG´s), but you can´t have it all of course.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #350  
Old 12-14-2007, 09:00 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,508
i don't fancy terribly mary's coat (it looks sort of not too flattering), but it nevertheless looks fashionable. there's a difference between something that is in fashion (it is) and whether it suits you. those necklines are difficult to wear, so i don't blame mary at all. i doubt it would suit many people.

thanks for the pictures. caroline flemming is definitely an adorable lady. she dresses adorably too. i loved how she looks in this picture. what an adorable group mary, helle and caroline make! we would just need to add marie, marie chantal, mary's stylist and caroline heering and we would have a combo of fashionable friends! definitely promises a fun watch! :)

mentioning caroline, what a shame she didn't go to london. i remember she was there with mary some winters ago just after she was appointed as LIW.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #351  
Old 12-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Caroline is the eldest of Niels Iuel-Brockdorff's two daughters (their Swedish-born mother died from cancer when Caroline was 11 years old) and the latest in a long line of Iuel-Brockdorffs to run the Valdemar Castle (Valdemars Slot - Slægten Juel) - so basically her occupation is the same as any other (usually male) heir who try to make ends meet when running a costly estate. This means renting out premises at the castle for all sorts of events (Valdemars Slot - Virtuel tur - if you want to see a virtual tour, click Klik her below the picture).
She agreed to participate in a TV doc series about the way they try to turn Valdemar Slot into a profitable estate (I think the finances were not that good during her father's leadership) and the TV doc would of course provide them with some puclicity. As far as I understand she is discreet about her friendship with CP Mary and has on several occasions refused to comment on it.

Thank you, UD. However, I must question Caroline's job of taking care Valdemars Slot. There has beena long running debate about her many times before, and her management of the biggest privately owned castles in Denmark, but since that discussion is way off topic, perhaps I'll PM so we can discuss it there. Also, in the documentary, Baronessen, she did talk about Mary at length.

Quote:
So is Caroline a Barones in her own right
(Though UD will most likely disagree with me) There has been heated debate about that in the past as well.

Again, who knows.


Quote:
Perhaps from a policy of being nice and have a few shots taken and then be left alone?
Apparently, the paparazzi are from Denmark, most likely working for Billed Bladet as well as Se og Her and other tabloids.
  #352  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Florencia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *, Argentina
Posts: 567
Photo by Stephen Butler / Rex Features ( 719526a ) Princess Mary of Denmark Arrives at Her London Apartment After Christmas Shopping Prior to Returning to Denmark Crown Princess Mary Arrives at Her Apartment After Christmas Shopping, London, Britain - 13 Dec 2007
http://i13.tinypic.com/8fbmtyg.jpg
  #353  
Old 12-14-2007, 05:43 PM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Thank you, UD. However, I must question Caroline's job of taking care Valdemars Slot. There has beena long running debate about her many times before, and her management of the biggest privately owned castles in Denmark, but since that discussion is way off topic, perhaps I'll PM so we can discuss it there. Also, in the documentary, Baronessen, she did talk about Mary at length.



(Though UD will most likely disagree with me) There has been heated debate about that in the past as well.

Again, who knows.
No I am neutral on the subject of whether she is a 'real baronesse' or not - she is always called baronesse in the media; I tried to find out something specific about the Iuel-Brockdorffs and their titels but with no luck.
I have to admit that I did not watch the TV docs with Caroline Fleming; the 'no comment' remark from her I have only read here.
As to her management of Valdemar Castle, I would think that she took on a difficult task; her father obviously had a hard time financially running the castle and had to sell off some of the woods. Perhaps she needs to create all this publicity around herself and the castle to get the economy on foot.
__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
  #354  
Old 12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 296
Great that Mary gets the time to go see her friends and probably gets to shop without too much hassle.

A little off topic... I followed the Isifa link and then went to do a search and I can only see the small pictures, do you now need to be registered to see the large ones?
  #355  
Old 12-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hobro, Denmark
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
No I am neutral on the subject of whether she is a 'real baronesse' or not - she is always called baronesse in the media; I tried to find out something specific about the Iuel-Brockdorffs and their titels but with no luck.
I have to admit that I did not watch the TV docs with Caroline Fleming; the 'no comment' remark from her I have only read here.
As to her management of Valdemar Castle, I would think that she took on a difficult task; her father obviously had a hard time financially running the castle and had to sell off some of the woods. Perhaps she needs to create all this publicity around herself and the castle to get the economy on foot.
She was a real "baronesse" before she married Rory.
__________________
“Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury.”

Coco Chanel
  #356  
Old 12-16-2007, 09:38 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,508
just wondering what do you think helle and mary bought? they are both carrying bags from a shop called "villag" (or village, maybe)... i think it looks like houseware...
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #357  
Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,965
Is Mary back in Denamrk ? It looked like this was a nice short visit for her.
__________________
  #358  
Old 12-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn.BessetteK View Post
She was a real "baronesse" before she married Rory.


Yes, but as I previously noted,

Quote:
There has been heated debate about that in the past as well.

Again, who knows.





Quote:
Is Mary back in Denamrk ? It looked like this was a nice short visit for her.
I'm not sure, Dazzling, I have heard or read anything to confirm this. Perhaps tomorrow we may find out the answer.
  #359  
Old 12-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
I hope the CrownPrincess had enjoyed her trip to London...but I've always been opposite to showing Royals (or any other famous people), shopping for Christmas. I think these days has other meanning than just to go buy until your bags could not carry a single little thing more...

I hope that Prince Chritian and Princess Isabella will have lots of nice gifts from Santa, but I'm against consumism. And I think that in a world where poverty and even misery is NOT solved, it's not nice to see Royals going and coming with bags plenty of things.

Vanesa.
  #360  
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Gaia's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 109
Well if royals, or common folk, don't shop then the fragile economic system will suffer and there will be more people without jobs and in misery.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: Nov. 2008-Sep. 2012 Empress Current Events Archive 378 09-08-2012 06:48 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 433 12-19-2006 01:23 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: May - November 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 447 11-09-2006 03:51 AM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: April - November 2004 HMQueenElizabethII Current Events Archive 411 11-07-2004 09:45 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 468 10-11-2004 07:43 PM




Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy murder news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises