Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that looks like a very girly outing! seems that mary travelled with helle reedtz to london and they went out with caroline. any information on what they did?

i'm also surprised marie chantal didn't join them, since she also lives in london, and enjoys these type of things. would have been nice to let her know of the plan, since she is family.

Yes but I think that Marie Chantal doesn't get very well along with Mary like good friends! But maybe they have drop by her store - maybe Mary went there to buy some clothes for Isabella and Christian! Hope to see some more new photos of this girls day!

So what do they have to do with denmark???Aren't they English citizens?

I think that Baronesse Caroline Fleming is both Danish and English citizen and i have to say that the divorse from Roy is one of the rigth things Caroline has made in her life.

well I must say that Mary doesn't look great! I hate her jacket!!! The other women and mucht more in fashion tahn she is and that hair....Gosh I love Mary but this time she is really horrible dressed

I think Mary coat is really shapeless, horrible!!!! It looks warm but if she is not wearing a high warm jumper it doens't matter because she will have cold the same way!

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Mary looked very oldfashioned between Baronesse Helle Reedtz-Thott and Baronesse Caroline Fleming, because the other both women looks younger. The coat of CM is not bad. It seems to have a very good quality. I think it's Alpaka/ Camel hair! But I have to say that Baronesse Helle Reedtz-Thott looks more beautiful than CP Mary, whenever I see both together. Don't misunderstood me, I like Mary and she seems to have a very nice personality.

with kind regards...

i'm not too fond of mary's 3 musketeers boots ;o, i like helles better. the coat is shapeless and not very flattering but it looks warm

Larger and clearer pictures at this site. I think Mary is a lot prettier than her friend, but I love her outfit more, minus the gold purse.

royals.web-log.nl

Caroline Flemming is a television presenter right? It seems a flashy type, not traditionally ´salonfahig´ for a European court (apart from Monaco). Is Hella married to Baron Otto RT(there are two Barons RT with Otto in their name) that was born in 1953? How old is Helle?

Caroline Flemming is a television presenter right?

No. I have no idea exactly what Caroline does for a living (in fact, I don't believe anybody does. There are rumors, but nothing to support them.) I do know that she was on some show in Norway called Baronessen. She spoke about her relationship with Mary as well as other royals during that program and talked about herself. I'm not so sure that would qualify her as a television presenter. Apparently, she supposed to be the primary caretaker of Valdemars Slot. Nobody knows for sure, however. She seems like the flip-flop type of person when it comes to actually working. This is my opinion, not a jab, by the way.

Article about Caroline

Is Hella married to Baron Otto RT(there are two Barons RT with Otto in their name) that was born in 1953? How old is Helle?

Yes.

Helle Reedtz-Thott is a stay at home Mom and is involved with her husband's property, Gavnø Slot. I'm not sure how old she is (I assume she is the same age as Mary), but I do know that she is way younger than her husband, Otto.

I think Mary looks really good, and warm! I think Caroline is a bit overdressed and too flashy. I love Mary's new hair.

No. I have no idea exactly what Caroline does for a living (in fact, I don't believe anybody does. There are rumors, but nothing to support them.) I do know that she was on some show in Norway called Baronessen. She spoke about her relationship with Mary as well as other royals during that program and talked about herself. I'm not so sure that would qualify her as a television presenter. Apparently, she supposed to be the primary caretaker of Valdemars Slot. Nobody knows for sure, however. She seems like the flip-flop type of person when it comes to actually working. This is my opinion, not a jab, by the way.

Caroline is the eldest of Niels Iuel-Brockdorff's two daughters (their Swedish-born mother died from cancer when Caroline was 11 years old) and the latest in a long line of Iuel-Brockdorffs to run the Valdemar Castle (Valdemars Slot - Slægten Juel) - so basically her occupation is the same as any other (usually male) heir who try to make ends meet when running a costly estate. This means renting out premises at the castle for all sorts of events (Valdemars Slot - Virtuel tur - if you want to see a virtual tour, click Klik her below the picture).
She agreed to participate in a TV doc series about the way they try to turn Valdemar Slot into a profitable estate (I think the finances were not that good during her father's leadership) and the TV doc would of course provide them with some puclicity. As far as I understand she is discreet about her friendship with CP Mary and has on several occasions refused to comment on it.

Last edited:
Someone know wich day she was in London?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that info, GT and UD. It can surely be difficult to make such an estate profitable! A pity they don´t show more pictures on the site though, but from what I can see it looks lovely (esp. the church). So is Caroline a Barones in her own right or did Ian Flemming receive a peerage at some point?

Just out of curiosity, why are the ladies posing for the camera? Was it a paparazzi photographer that followed them or did they plan the shooting?

Thanks for that info, GT and UD. It can surely be difficult to make such an estate profitable! A pity they don´t show more pictures on the site though, but from what I can see it looks lovely (esp. the church). So is Caroline a Barones in her own right or did Ian Flemming receive a peerage at some point?

Just out of curiosity, why are the ladies posing for the camera? Was it a paparazzi photographer that followed them or did they plan the shooting?
Yes, I think that Caroline is a baroness in her own right. It has been said somewhere here, that she and her soon to be ex-husband own Valdemar Castle jointly - that his money was much needed to get the castle's finances on foot. It must be immensely costly to run a castle like this; Caroline's father Niels Iuel-Brockdorff lived abroad for a number of years and as far as I remember from the media here it had to to with the strained finances for the castle.
But Valdemar castle is a lovely place! It is situated on a small island, Tåsinge - very recommendable place to visit :)

Re the posing - don't know why they did it? Perhaps from a policy of being nice and have a few shots taken and then be left alone?

Ah, that got me confused, so in Denmark they do it the same way as in Britain, they put the title with the last name of the husband, as in Lady Helen Taylor, laday Sarah Chatto etc. In the Benelux countries the custom is to keep the title together with the name where it is derived from, so in Caroline´s case it would be Caroline Fleming, Baroness Iuel-Brockdorff. So that is what got me confused!

That would explain the posing indeed, and as we didn´t get to see any paparazzi pictures of the trip I suppose the photographer did leave them alone, so good for them. Still, a shopping trip like this on camera might not be the best PR, neither is the posing (it seems a bit like the so-called WAG´s), but you can´t have it all of course.

i don't fancy terribly mary's coat (it looks sort of not too flattering), but it nevertheless looks fashionable. there's a difference between something that is in fashion (it is) and whether it suits you. those necklines are difficult to wear, so i don't blame mary at all. i doubt it would suit many people.

thanks for the pictures. caroline flemming is definitely an adorable lady. she dresses adorably too. i loved how she looks in this picture. what an adorable group mary, helle and caroline make! we would just need to add marie, marie chantal, mary's stylist and caroline heering and we would have a combo of fashionable friends! definitely promises a fun watch! :)

mentioning caroline, what a shame she didn't go to london. i remember she was there with mary some winters ago just after she was appointed as LIW.

Caroline is the eldest of Niels Iuel-Brockdorff's two daughters (their Swedish-born mother died from cancer when Caroline was 11 years old) and the latest in a long line of Iuel-Brockdorffs to run the Valdemar Castle (Valdemars Slot - Slægten Juel) - so basically her occupation is the same as any other (usually male) heir who try to make ends meet when running a costly estate. This means renting out premises at the castle for all sorts of events (Valdemars Slot - Virtuel tur - if you want to see a virtual tour, click Klik her below the picture).
She agreed to participate in a TV doc series about the way they try to turn Valdemar Slot into a profitable estate (I think the finances were not that good during her father's leadership) and the TV doc would of course provide them with some puclicity. As far as I understand she is discreet about her friendship with CP Mary and has on several occasions refused to comment on it.

Thank you, UD. However, I must question Caroline's job of taking care Valdemars Slot. There has beena long running debate about her many times before, and her management of the biggest privately owned castles in Denmark, but since that discussion is way off topic, perhaps I'll PM so we can discuss it there. Also, in the documentary, Baronessen, she did talk about Mary at length.

So is Caroline a Barones in her own right

(Though UD will most likely disagree with me) There has been heated debate about that in the past as well.

Again, who knows.

Perhaps from a policy of being nice and have a few shots taken and then be left alone?

Apparently, the paparazzi are from Denmark, most likely working for Billed Bladet as well as Se og Her and other tabloids.

Photo by Stephen Butler / Rex Features ( 719526a ) Princess Mary of Denmark Arrives at Her London Apartment After Christmas Shopping Prior to Returning to Denmark Crown Princess Mary Arrives at Her Apartment After Christmas Shopping, London, Britain - 13 Dec 2007
http://i13.tinypic.com/8fbmtyg.jpg

Thank you, UD. However, I must question Caroline's job of taking care Valdemars Slot. There has beena long running debate about her many times before, and her management of the biggest privately owned castles in Denmark, but since that discussion is way off topic, perhaps I'll PM so we can discuss it there. Also, in the documentary, Baronessen, she did talk about Mary at length.

(Though UD will most likely disagree with me) There has been heated debate about that in the past as well.

Again, who knows.
No I am neutral on the subject of whether she is a 'real baronesse' or not:flowers: - she is always called baronesse in the media; I tried to find out something specific about the Iuel-Brockdorffs and their titels but with no luck.
I have to admit that I did not watch the TV docs with Caroline Fleming; the 'no comment' remark from her I have only read here.
As to her management of Valdemar Castle, I would think that she took on a difficult task; her father obviously had a hard time financially running the castle and had to sell off some of the woods. Perhaps she needs to create all this publicity around herself and the castle to get the economy on foot.

Great that Mary gets the time to go see her friends and probably gets to shop without too much hassle.

A little off topic... I followed the Isifa link and then went to do a search and I can only see the small pictures, do you now need to be registered to see the large ones?

No I am neutral on the subject of whether she is a 'real baronesse' or not:flowers: - she is always called baronesse in the media; I tried to find out something specific about the Iuel-Brockdorffs and their titels but with no luck.
I have to admit that I did not watch the TV docs with Caroline Fleming; the 'no comment' remark from her I have only read here.
As to her management of Valdemar Castle, I would think that she took on a difficult task; her father obviously had a hard time financially running the castle and had to sell off some of the woods. Perhaps she needs to create all this publicity around herself and the castle to get the economy on foot.

She was a real "baronesse" before she married Rory.

just wondering what do you think helle and mary bought? they are both carrying bags from a shop called "villag" (or village, maybe)... i think it looks like houseware...

Is Mary back in Denamrk ? It looked like this was a nice short visit for her.

She was a real "baronesse" before she married Rory.

Yes, but as I previously noted,

There has been heated debate about that in the past as well.

Again, who knows.

:)

Is Mary back in Denamrk ? It looked like this was a nice short visit for her.

I'm not sure, Dazzling, I have heard or read anything to confirm this. Perhaps tomorrow we may find out the answer.

I hope the CrownPrincess had enjoyed her trip to London...but I've always been opposite to showing Royals (or any other famous people), shopping for Christmas. I think these days has other meanning than just to go buy until your bags could not carry a single little thing more...

I hope that Prince Chritian and Princess Isabella will have lots of nice gifts from Santa, but I'm against consumism. And I think that in a world where poverty and even misery is NOT solved, it's not nice to see Royals going and coming with bags plenty of things.

Vanesa.:neutral:

Well if royals, or common folk, don't shop then the fragile economic system will suffer and there will be more people without jobs and in misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom