The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Aristocracy

This jacket is similar to the one she wore just before her wedding - May, 5 2004 - the military parade in Mary's honour, in Copenhagen harbour...It was a different fabric and double breasted...but it was similar in the fact that it was a short, boxy jacket...and she wore it then with a skirt...When I saw it (the jacket she wore a few days ago) this is what I immediately thought of...

Can anyone find that outfit I am talking about...I am looking at a picture of it in a magazine, but I wouldn't know how to go about getting it online...help please?

As for her motivations for wearing it...I am always thinking of these...She is pregnant, she wants to be comfortable, maybe pants are both comfortable and slimming, and who knows what her plans were AFTER this event...So maybe she put on the black pants and black cotton stretch shirt with the idea that she would put that jacket on top for the event, take it of when she got home and put a coat/shirt dress (whatever) over the top to take Christian for a walk in the park or a sparkly tunic top for a special private lunch with Frederik? Just very versatile, easy, comfy, practical...

Old 01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Serene Highness

Actually, Mary is wearing what's in style: cropped jackets layered over pants. I think it looks fine. Maybe it's too "socialite" for her but I think she pulls it off.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 01-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeara
This jacket is similar to the one she wore just before her wedding - May, 5 2004 - the military parade in Mary's honour, in Copenhagen harbour...It was a different fabric and double breasted...but it was similar in the fact that it was a short, boxy jacket...and she wore it then with a skirt...When I saw it (the jacket she wore a few days ago) this is what I immediately thought of...

Can anyone find that outfit I am talking about...I am looking at a picture of it in a magazine, but I wouldn't know how to go about getting it online...help please?
I think you mean this jacket Xeara:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...065589114.jpg/

I love what Mary is wearing! She looks very comfortable and happy.

(from the Danish Defence Force website)
Old 01-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Xeara, the jacket from the Danish Defence Force parade, a couple of days before her wedding, looks nothing like the one she wore to the Children's Aid. The DDF jacket had long sleeves with distinct cuffs, and overall the jacket was a boxy, straight fit.

The bell sleeve cropped A-lined shaped jacket with rounded exaggerated collar, worn at today's event, is very Burberry London, Stella McCartney, and Phillip Lim:

Burberry London

Stella McCartney

Phillip Lim

I see the look she was going for, but I don't believe it worked for her. Instead of wearing the tight black shirt, Mary should have opted for a loose fitting silk blouse instead with the tight black mens pant.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
When Mary was pregnant with Christian she was the same size, at six months, as she is with this pregnancy. From what I remember, Mary's belly wasn't really big until her eighth month.
I think her wardrobe people do a very good job. She is pregnant and does have a belly. THe clothing she is wearing breaks up the line. If she didn't have the jacket on, which is rather loose at the top, you would see how her stomach is (don't get me wrong, I am not saying she is huge, by any stretch of the imagination). Before they announced her pregnacy, you could guess by the fact she started wearing those hip hugging belts - breaks up that line and the incessant putting the boquet in front of her stomach. Anyway, her clothing is chosen very carefully to disguise her growing stomach and make it appear to be much smaller than she is.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Before they announced her pregnacy, you could guess by the fact she started wearing those hip hugging belts - breaks up that line and the incessant putting the boquet in front of her stomach. Anyway, her clothing is chosen very carefully to disguise her growing stomach and make it appear to be much smaller than she is.

Good observation and welcome to the board, our_girl_Friday.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:56 AM
Gentry

The way cropped jacket and pants is a very fashionable ensemble actually...and it's also practical. I think its fabulous....
Old 01-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_girl_Friday
I think her wardrobe people do a very good job. She is pregnant and does have a belly. THe clothing she is wearing breaks up the line. If she didn't have the jacket on, which is rather loose at the top, you would see how her stomach is (don't get me wrong, I am not saying she is huge, by any stretch of the imagination). Before they announced her pregnacy, you could guess by the fact she started wearing those hip hugging belts - breaks up that line and the incessant putting the boquet in front of her stomach. Anyway, her clothing is chosen very carefully to disguise her growing stomach and make it appear to be much smaller than she is.
thats true. ive realized that when she wears tight cloths its dark colors such as black but when shes in light colors its always loose things such as dresses with long coats over them.
Old 01-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

new haircut really suits her !!! she needed a change which could be noticed but which was not drastic. she looks sleekier
Old 01-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Nobility

Mary seems an older woman .......
I really don´t like this new haircut
Perhaps she wanted to seem stylish but I believe that she has been mistaken...
Old 01-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Well, I also think Mary looks a bit olde now: but in a POSITIVE way.
I don't know, but she looks .. mellower.. in a way it shows the development she has gone through. IMO her new hairdo suits her alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Perhaps she wanted to seem stylish but I believe that she has been mistaken...
Maybe..but I can't imagine. ... Mary hasn't been criticized for her style (or whatever) in the last time..

Maybe she just wanted to look a bit more "serious" after all those "shopping" scandals.

Anyway, it's nice to see her out and working... (maybe Frederi could support his wife a bit more )

Old 01-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think her new hairstyle is sensational!
Old 01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry for the mistake, GlitteringTiaras...BUT, I did say the jacket was SIMILAR not the SAME or identical...I think it is in keeping with Mary's style...bit offbeat, egdy but conservative...
Old 01-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Maybe she just wanted to look a bit more "serious" after all those "shopping" scandals.
)
Yessssss you are right....!!!she needed to seems a little more serious… like a princess and not like a fashion victim. At the end the haircut is going to be a good idea.Good Mary!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty

Shopping scandals, what did I miss?
Old 01-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross1
Shopping scandals, what did I miss?
There were some discussions about Ps mary spending to much money on clothes.

Old 01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Nobility

That jacket was wasted on black pants...what about a beautiful black pencil skirt and a white high-necked blouse (simple not fussy)???

And why must one hide a pregnancy???? It's not an abnormal condition. Good grief, I cannot wait to have children, and am looking forward to the day that I cannot see my toes for my baby belly.

Again, way too much emphasis on disguising anything but perfection. Aargh.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the new haircut, it really has "freshened" her up. But I'm not so sure about the short waisted jacket, Maybe when she's not pregnant?!?!?
Old 01-31-2007, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evnovoros
For me Mary looks like Aleksandra with the new haircut...
Yeah...same style, Bobstyle, and that's the style which Alexandra always has
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
That jacket was wasted on black pants...what about a beautiful black pencil skirt and a white high-necked blouse (simple not fussy)???

And why must one hide a pregnancy???? It's not an abnormal condition. Good grief, I cannot wait to have children, and am looking forward to the day that I cannot see my toes for my baby belly.

Again, way too much emphasis on disguising anything but perfection. Aargh.

You know, not all women when they are pregnant feel like wearing clothes that show it off. Sometimes, they feel like covering their bellies up. What's the problem with that? Do you want her walking around in belly shirts and hip-huggers?

And who said anything about "disgusing anything but perfection"?

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread