Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissSaga said:
God, I hope not :rolleyes:

A red wintercoat in July/August ?

More tailored; the Jackie O look is flattering. I feel like she had a conference with two rival dressmakers for her outfit at Chris' christening, and then decided to go with a top from one, & the skirt from the other. Solid color does her right.

As it was, she seemed to be dressing for July in the blue number from the first christening; maybe she'll get the seasonal wardrobe right this time around!

I love the red coat, but the hair I'm still out on this one.

Whatever Mary decides to wear for the christening of her next child I'm sure it will be a stylish ensemble.

Lady Bluffton said:
More tailored; the Jackie O look is flattering. I feel like she had a conference with two rival dressmakers for her outfit at Chris' christening, and then decided to go with a top from one, & the skirt from the other. Solid color does her right.

As it was, she seemed to be dressing for July in the blue number from the first christening; maybe she'll get the seasonal wardrobe right this time around!

A christening is a bright, happy event. Not a dour, somber one. It may have been January, but is there some rule that states only dark, solid colors before May? She looked great and refreshing.

I actually think her outfit at Christian's wedding was outstanding, something to remember.
First I too thought that each piece seems to have its "own life"
but somehow the combination was really charming and refreshing.
And Mary looks simply gorgeous on the pictures.
That light blue and cream suited her so well IMO.

This red coat is very nice but nothing special, nothing to remember.

That is a very nice looking, in did look a litle like Eva, but just a litle. Mary is very glowing in all the events.

Mary's a doll and I think it's admirable how she does her job so well.

ricarda said:
This red coat is very nice but nothing special, nothing to remember.

Perhaps. But imagine that red coat remade into a warm rosy pink dress made of a stiff summer fabric (like a dupioni silk) with three quarter sleeves. Pin on a beautiful diamond brooch (with a sentimental and impressive provenance, like her sapphire Christian brooch), and a lovely summer hat and white Jackie O long gloves. That, in my ever so to be humble opinion, would be a beautiful christening outfit for Mary for Baby # 2. (And you can see I am rooting for a little girl this time!).

You know, while I like the new hair cut, I really think I prefer long hair. After all, she relly looks beautiful when you see pictures of her with her hair in chignons, and put up. I just think that is very pretty. Although, she is still beautiful with short hair, I prefer the long verion, and the versatility that comes with it. But, luckily hair grows, so we will see what she does in the future!

Since we are talking about the outfit that Mary wore to Christian's christening...I thought it was weird, in that it was a flimsy, thin, summery skirt that she was wearing in obviously near blizzard conditions...but I think that is just Mary, she likes to go against the grain and is probably not one to let a little issue like freezing weather stop her from wearing what she wants to wear...She has done this before in other situations (wear a summery fabric/outfit in the Danish winter)...

As for the colour of the ensemble, I was under the impression that it was Mary who decided to have a "blue for boys" theme christening...blue jacket, blueish skirt, blue flowers, blue ribbons...that is why I am hoping they have a girl for two reasons...I would love to find out what they call a girl with so many names of significance/family members to honour and choose from...and the "pink for girls" outfit that Mary chooses...And it will be warmish, approaching summer...so who knows what direction she may take...heavy wintry pink tweed perhaps ;)

Mary is beautiful but I don't like the new haircut. The shorter length makes her face look fat. Maybe she's putting on a few pounds due to her pregnancy but I don't remember the pudgy look in the face from her first pregnancy.

I have read somewhere that it was the Palace that induces her to cut her hair to have a more mature look!!! Maybe it was what really happens! I don't like her new hair cut!

biboquinhas said:
I have read somewhere that it was the Palace that induces her to cut her hair to have a more mature look!!! Maybe it was what really happens! I don't like her new hair cut!
That explanation sounds highly unlikely. I would be very surprised if the Palace- whomever that may be - would have any influence on any royal member's hairdo.:)

To me, it is quite natural that a woman in her mid-30s would try to change her hairstyle a bit. I think most of us do when we have had a couple of children and reach our mid-30s - I did as well. And the bob is a good do IMO; not too short, not too layered. If you discover you want your long hair back again, it won't take too long.
I can well understand why Mary would want to do it - even if her long hair was very pretty.:)

This week's New Idea, Princess Mary tells: ‘Fears for my baby’

I just visited the New Idea's website and found this headline: Princess Mary tells: ‘Fears for my baby’.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/new-idea/2109/pr...rs-for-my-baby/

I would like to read the entire article, but on the web they only post a small chunk of it. Did anybody buy this magazine? Can somebody scan it and post it?

timoka said:
I just visited the New Idea's website and found this headline: Princess Mary tells: ‘Fears for my baby’.

I would like to read the entire article, but on the web they only post a small chunk of it. Did anybody buy this magazine? Can somebody scan it and post it?

Is this a reliable source or/& magazine?

I didn't buy the mag but I did browse while waiting in the queue at Woolies.
That is basically the story, Mary is concerned about the babies health because of her workload and her age. There must be nothing else to get people's attention because another magazine is reporting the Mary fears her marriage is over. Fred spends too much time away doing his own boy things and leaves her alone :ermm: to take care of Christian. It's such a joke, I have to :ROFLMAO: .
I'm sure someone out there will scan and post the story for you. :)

What do you mean her age. She is 35 that is young. What a silly rag story.

I think they just want to make you buy the magazine. German trash magazines write things like that all the time, everytime a princess is pregnant.
One time the cover of one magazine said "Máxima fears for the children" with pictures of Amalia and Alexia, and inside there was story about an AIDS foundation...
It is probably a thing similar to this.

It sounds like it's not a reliable source at all. And they're just simply trying to sell magazines by using Mary and Fred.

timoka said:

Here you go timoka :flowers: (scanned from the New Idea)
"Fear's for my baby" article - page 1
"Fear's for my baby" article - page 2

Aurora810, the Women's Day and New Idea, I personally wouldn't call "reliable sources". I wouldn't even call them "sources", IMO they make up many stories just to get unsuspecting people to buy them and believe what they are writing

Last edited:
JessRulz said:
Here you go timoka :flowers: (scanned from the New Idea)
"Fear's for my baby" article - page 1
"Fear's for my baby" article - page 2

Aurora810, the Women's Day and New Idea, I personally wouldn't call "reliable sources". I wouldn't even call them "sources", IMO they make up many stories just to get unsuspecting people to buy them and believe what they are writing

Thanks for scanning the article! But page 1 doesn't show, so one can only read the second half of the article.

KikkiB

Believe me, the article is not worth reading - neither is the Woman's Day article about Mary. I'm sure someone is being paid way too much money to sit in a room and dream these stories up.

My God, Princess Mary really is always on her best! Where ever she goes she's always good.

Mary is wonderful!
We hardly can say she is pregnant.

Funny how little she is showing ! What a truly lucky woman .. Anyways, I think she'll give birth in beginning of May, not April, as some people think.

Mary is really working her new hairstyle. Love her!

Yes I agree, I liked her original style, but now I'm getting used to this new one as well, and it looks awsome on her.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom