The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caswallan
I don't mind her new hair. I agree I do think it makes her look older.

I think I prefer it longer. She looks nice as always.
I agree!! It looks fresh, nice, everything.. but I hope she won´t do that forever... She can do that in 5 years in my opinion...

Old 01-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Aristocracy

I'm in 2 minds about the new hair cut. In some photos it looks really pretty but in others it seems to emphasis her chin and looks a bit frumpy. I have to say though that no matter the cut her hair looks so glossy and healthy.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Courtier

Since I do hair professionally, my opinion on her new style is that is wrong for her face/bone structure. I think she was going for a sleek, sophisticated, low maintenance look, which it is, but it makes her face look much fuller and it could be much more flattering to her if it was cut differently.
As the average person on the street looking at a new hair style on her,I would say it's nice. Pretty. sophisticated. A nice change from the norm, but nothing to write home about.
Who knows, maybe she cut it to keep her son from grabbing and pulling at it when she is at home with him. When my daughter was at his age, she was always getting her little hands tangled in my hair, or she was pulling it or grabbing it. I got tired of always wearing it up in a clip to keep it away from her, so I cut it about this length.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary is a very pretty woman, as a young woman she has the concern of looking, for instance, a hairdo which fits her well, yes it will be normal if she will be a working woman, young succesfull laywer and so on, to look at all sophisticated arguments to improve her look and make it very fashion.

Not for a Crown princess of whom the style is not totaly definite. She is yet too hesitating for her appearence.

I find this hairdo quite good for an movie actress, model, or other working girls fashion, but not for Mary - even if it's fit her- because she can't change her hairdoo all the six months and she is too young to wear her hair so shorts. The Queen Paoloa is doing a short hairdoo only since she is 50th! and she is a very tasty woman!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Serene Highness

I think she looks ok , I my self like her hair longer, but sometimes its nice to have a change ! so good on her.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

The haircut is identitcal to Princess Alexandra's haircut a few years ago. IIRC, they share the same hairstylist. Anyway, this haircut is long overdue and quite flattering. She can no longer hide behind long, flat hair. Nice change!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Courtier

I love the hair .. She needed change, she had had the other hair for so long, so .. :) She has a cute little tummy, that is very visible in some pictures, but it still not as big as Letizia's.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Courtier

Well, it's nice to see her out and about. In regards to her haircut...it's nice, but I do agree that it does make her look a little older. Also, she has a long oval shaped face so the length of the bob makes her face look fuller and longer at the same time. In some pictures she really looks like one of her sisters, I don't know her name...the tall one, I guess. But all in all, nice change and maybe if her hair was pulled back, not so in her face, the bob would look more put together.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary's new cut is a good change, but I agree, the style is not my favorite look on her.

Quote:
When i saw her new look it came to my mind Victoria Beckham.
Victoria Beckaham's hair style is completely different than Mary's. Victoria's cut is very short in the back, and long in the front. Her style is very edgy and modern.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Aristocracy

I think the hairstyle is very classy and professional, but (I could be wrong ?) there is rather little you can do with it.
No different ways to style it, no updoes, and IMO it doesn't go well with hats and tiaras ( ).
So we might get tired of it quite quickly.
Also I think with the hair ending right at her rather pointy chin, it does enhance a not so nice feature of her face.
As for the idea she might have cut it to prevent her little one from grabbing the hair, I don't subscribe to that. Since you could put your hair in a low maintenance ponytail or pile it up to prevent your baby from pulling, however when it is at this lenght, a ponytail looks a bit funny and you will forever have hair in your face.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:52 PM

I like Mary's haircut, and I applaud her bravery. It's fun getting a new hairstyle if you're a non-Royal, but I think if you're being photographed constantly a new hairstyle could be very scary. Half the people are going to love it and the other half will hate it. I personally think her hair would look a little better if it were a shade or two lighter and after it grows out a little in a few weeks. If I had a small child and were pregnant, I'd definitely cut my hair - princess or not!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

Mary could wear a potato sack and have her hair a total wreck and she would still be totally ravishing but the new 'do is very sleek and stylish. She looks wonderful!
Old 01-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Has anyone else noticed that when Mary was pregnant with Christian, she wore a lot of blue, but this time she's wearing a lot of pink? Think she's trying to tell us something?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Mary wore this pink dress before when she was pregnant with Christian. Perhaps you are looking too hard into something that is not there, irishchic5.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Crown Princess Mary at Copenhagen City Museum - pictures
About the haircut, i prefer longer hair, it suited her better. Maybe it was about to change but i think if she went for layers id like it more. I like the coat and a the pink dress.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Commoner

Smile

she looks great just need to get used to seeing it different. i am going out on a limb after seeing other pics of her on another site. she is having a girl! she looks like letizia with the low belly and softer shaped belly!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Nobility

I think her hair look good, not great. I really like her with her long hair. You can do so many more things with long hair.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettiara
she looks great just need to get used to seeing it different. i am going out on a limb after seeing other pics of her on another site. she is having a girl! she looks like letizia with the low belly and softer shaped belly!
thats true, her belly is hanging low, anyways whatever shell have, hope its a healthy chile
Old 01-26-2007, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

I love her new haircut!!!...It is about time she had a change...she is (almost) 35 years old, an (almost) mother of two...she has had the same hair style for goodness knows how many years...even pre-2000 (or pre-Frederik)...and to be honest, I though it was getting boring, frumpish looking and old...but now she looks fresh and new and sparkly...she has a new role, a more sophisticated, public, responsible role...She is not just plain old Mary Donaldson anymore...she is a Princess and although it is JUST a haircut, I think it is a dawn of a new era...of maturity, confidence, being comfortable in her place...And imagine how great that bob is going to look with her oversized sunglasses and trendy caps...

And in response to "msleiman"...I have personally had a hairstyle similar to Mary's in the past and it is a long bob that is surprisingly versatile...And you know Mary, she is going to mix it up, wear it up, wear it different ways...and everyone will be clambouring at their hairdressers to get the *Mary mod bob*

That is all...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Nobility

I am stunned she got her hair cut. I always thought of her tresses as one of her biggest trademarks. And I was always so amazed by the elaborate coiffures she could create, and how wonderful they looked with her wardrobe of tiaras and state (?) jewelry.

I'm sorry, but I'm not crazy about her hair do...too "mommy".