Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed that when Mary was pregnant with Christian, she wore a lot of blue, but this time she's wearing a lot of pink? Think she's trying to tell us something?

Mary wore this pink dress before when she was pregnant with Christian. Perhaps you are looking too hard into something that is not there, irishchic5.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary at Copenhagen City Museum - pictures
About the haircut, i prefer longer hair, it suited her better. Maybe it was about to change but i think if she went for layers id like it more. I like the coat and a the pink dress.

Last edited:
she looks great just need to get used to seeing it different. i am going out on a limb after seeing other pics of her on another site. she is having a girl! she looks like letizia with the low belly and softer shaped belly!

I think her hair look good, not great. I really like her with her long hair. You can do so many more things with long hair.

sweettiara said:
she looks great just need to get used to seeing it different. i am going out on a limb after seeing other pics of her on another site. she is having a girl! she looks like letizia with the low belly and softer shaped belly!

thats true, her belly is hanging low, anyways whatever shell have, hope its a healthy chile

I love her new haircut!!!...It is about time she had a change...she is (almost) 35 years old, an (almost) mother of two...she has had the same hair style for goodness knows how many years...even pre-2000 (or pre-Frederik)...and to be honest, I though it was getting boring, frumpish looking and old...but now she looks fresh and new and sparkly...she has a new role, a more sophisticated, public, responsible role...She is not just plain old Mary Donaldson anymore...she is a Princess and although it is JUST a haircut, I think it is a dawn of a new era...of maturity, confidence, being comfortable in her place...And imagine how great that bob is going to look with her oversized sunglasses and trendy caps...

And in response to "msleiman"...I have personally had a hairstyle similar to Mary's in the past and it is a long bob that is surprisingly versatile...And you know Mary, she is going to mix it up, wear it up, wear it different ways...and everyone will be clambouring at their hairdressers to get the *Mary mod bob*

That is all...

I am stunned she got her hair cut. I always thought of her tresses as one of her biggest trademarks. And I was always so amazed by the elaborate coiffures she could create, and how wonderful they looked with her wardrobe of tiaras and state (?) jewelry.

I'm sorry, but I'm not crazy about her hair do...too "mommy".

I think that the new 'do' is very mature and grown up. I also think it is a bit mumsy, but having said that it is probably much easier and quicker to do and it is nice to see a change. Its only hair after all, it will grow back if she wants it too.

dazzling said:
Crown Princess Mary at Copenhagen City Museum - pictures
About the haircut, i prefer longer hair, it suited her better. Maybe it was about to change but i think if she went for layers id like it more. I like the coat and a the pink dress.

When you said haircut, I wasn't picturing something that different, but I like it on her! She always had the same hairstyle, but with slightly varying lengths....long and layered. I think this works with her, and she has the kind of face that can take any length of hair, short or long. It is a bit of a shock, but everyone, including Crown Princesses are allowed to cut their hair.

I love the long white coat with the pink skirt, too. She makes being pregnant look downright glamorous!

Lady Bluffton said:
I am stunned she got her hair cut. I always thought of her tresses as one of her biggest trademarks. And I was always so amazed by the elaborate coiffures she could create, and how wonderful they looked with her wardrobe of tiaras and state (?) jewelry.

I'm sorry, but I'm not crazy about her hair do...too "mommy".

Well you know, she can still have those elaborate coiffures now. It's called fake hair. I'm sure more than once princess has used a fall or extensions to create a hairstyle for a gala event when they had shorter hair.

And while she is a glamorous princess, she is a "mommy", and maybe she wanted something that was easier for HER to maintain. I'm sure she's not comfortable with having a hairdresser constantly doing her hair.....I know I wouldn't be. I'd prefer to do my own hair for non-gala functions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Princess Mary looks bad at all!

aplusw2000 said:
no offence but i do think the new do makes her look more chubby:sad:

I don't think that it's the hair style that is making her look chubby, it's her pregnancy. Mary is gaining weight, and it seems to go straight to her face, so her face is fuller now. It was the same when she was pregnant with Chrisitan.

I quite like her hair, it's very chic! :)

Crown Princess Mary's Current Events Part Ten

Xeara said:
I love her new haircut!!!...It is about time she had a change...she is (almost) 35 years old, an (almost) mother of two...she has had the same hair style for goodness knows how many years...even pre-2000 (or pre-Frederik)...and to be honest, I though it was getting boring, frumpish looking and old...but now she looks fresh and new and sparkly...she has a new role, a more sophisticated, public, responsible role...She is not just plain old Mary Donaldson anymore...she is a Princess and although it is JUST a haircut, I think it is a dawn of a new era...of maturity, confidence, being comfortable in her place...And imagine how great that bob is going to look with her oversized sunglasses and trendy caps...

And in response to "msleiman"...I have personally had a hairstyle similar to Mary's in the past and it is a long bob that is surprisingly versatile...And you know Mary, she is going to mix it up, wear it up, wear it different ways...and everyone will be clambouring at their hairdressers to get the *Mary mod bob*

That is all...
I agree with everything you said! This haircut also makes her look so much younger!!!! I can't believe the difference!!! Brava Mary:) I like it so much that I think that the next time I have mine cut, I'll bring a picture of Mary;)

I think she looks very pretty and sophisticated with her new haircut. I wish my hair was as thick as hers!!

Yes, it's the pregnancy that's made her chubby. And she really isn't chubby, her face is just fuller than before. I really DO NOT like the shoes she wore :cool:

I was also stunned when I opened the pictures, but once the shock wore off and I looked at the pictures some more, I have decided I like her new haircut. Like foiegrass said, the bob look is IN, so. I wonder if Fred liked it?

I like the new haircut, but I prefer the old one. This haircut is more proper for women older than 45. She is still young to such short and straight hair (imo).

I love Mary's new haircut!! She really looks lovely, but then again, I believe that Mary can never do wrong, she has a great sense of style, and knows what works for her.
True, you have more options with longer tresses, but the freedom of shorter hair makes it all worth it. And when you have two children, it's practically a necessity.

As a mother of 2 I can tell it's the long hair or the very short hair that gives you freedom.
But bobs and other middle-long hairstyles constantly have to be trimmed to look really good.
And therefore they are not the best for busy young mothers
who don't have the time and money to go to the hairdresser regularly.
Of course, Mary has the money and her hairdresser is probably coming to her house, so she doesn't have to care.

I really like Mary's new haircut. Imho, it suits her very much. :)
And more pictures at Isifa.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I think the haircut makes her look so much older. Pregnant women to tend to get thinner hair during their pregnancy so that could be the reason why she cut it. I do however prefer her with longer hair, it suits her so much better!

I agreed with you Almee...Mary is unique!!! She looks gorgeous with her new hair cut!!!

Don't worry: it will grow back. It always does :D

I agree - she looks gorgeous with her new hair cut. I think she'll look even more gorgeous when it's about an inch longer! (I think that would make it a little more sophisticated).
When you have a baby or a toddler, with another one on the way, it's natural to want to simplify your look.

I am not a big fan of such short hair on such a young woman - but it does look good on her for casual attires. I wonder how she would look with a tiara with that haircut!??!?! After all its only hair, and it will grow (hopefully)!!

I don't really like her new haircut but having myself very long hair, I must say that it's sometimes boring to keep them OK. Her face looks radiant and that's the most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom