The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Nobility

This is the sort of dress she should wear for Baby # 2's christening:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5...polfotogz1.jpg

Much more flattering than the blue number she wore for Chris'.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
This is the sort of dress she should wear for Baby # 2's christening:

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5...polfotogz1.jpg

Much more flattering than the blue number she wore for Chris'.
God, I hope not

A red wintercoat in July/August ?

Old 02-03-2007, 01:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
God, I hope not

A red wintercoat in July/August ?
More tailored; the Jackie O look is flattering. I feel like she had a conference with two rival dressmakers for her outfit at Chris' christening, and then decided to go with a top from one, & the skirt from the other. Solid color does her right.

As it was, she seemed to be dressing for July in the blue number from the first christening; maybe she'll get the seasonal wardrobe right this time around!
Old 02-03-2007, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the red coat, but the hair I'm still out on this one.

Whatever Mary decides to wear for the christening of her next child I'm sure it will be a stylish ensemble.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton
More tailored; the Jackie O look is flattering. I feel like she had a conference with two rival dressmakers for her outfit at Chris' christening, and then decided to go with a top from one, & the skirt from the other. Solid color does her right.

As it was, she seemed to be dressing for July in the blue number from the first christening; maybe she'll get the seasonal wardrobe right this time around!

A christening is a bright, happy event. Not a dour, somber one. It may have been January, but is there some rule that states only dark, solid colors before May? She looked great and refreshing.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Serene Highness

I actually think her outfit at Christian's wedding was outstanding, something to remember.
First I too thought that each piece seems to have its "own life"
but somehow the combination was really charming and refreshing.
And Mary looks simply gorgeous on the pictures.
That light blue and cream suited her so well IMO.

This red coat is very nice but nothing special, nothing to remember.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

I think Mary looks like Eva Longoria in this photo: http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/614...polfotoda1.jpg Like the new hair cut.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

That is a very nice looking, in did look a litle like Eva, but just a litle. Mary is very glowing in all the events.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Courtier

Who is Eva ? :)
Old 02-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Moderator Emeritus

She stars in Desperate Housewives

Desperate Housewives

Old 02-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Commoner

Mary's a doll and I think it's admirable how she does her job so well.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
This red coat is very nice but nothing special, nothing to remember.
Perhaps. But imagine that red coat remade into a warm rosy pink dress made of a stiff summer fabric (like a dupioni silk) with three quarter sleeves. Pin on a beautiful diamond brooch (with a sentimental and impressive provenance, like her sapphire Christian brooch), and a lovely summer hat and white Jackie O long gloves. That, in my ever so to be humble opinion, would be a beautiful christening outfit for Mary for Baby # 2. (And you can see I am rooting for a little girl this time!).
Old 02-04-2007, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

You know, while I like the new hair cut, I really think I prefer long hair. After all, she relly looks beautiful when you see pictures of her with her hair in chignons, and put up. I just think that is very pretty. Although, she is still beautiful with short hair, I prefer the long verion, and the versatility that comes with it. But, luckily hair grows, so we will see what she does in the future!
Old 02-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

Since we are talking about the outfit that Mary wore to Christian's christening...I thought it was weird, in that it was a flimsy, thin, summery skirt that she was wearing in obviously near blizzard conditions...but I think that is just Mary, she likes to go against the grain and is probably not one to let a little issue like freezing weather stop her from wearing what she wants to wear...She has done this before in other situations (wear a summery fabric/outfit in the Danish winter)...

As for the colour of the ensemble, I was under the impression that it was Mary who decided to have a "blue for boys" theme christening...blue jacket, blueish skirt, blue flowers, blue ribbons...that is why I am hoping they have a girl for two reasons...I would love to find out what they call a girl with so many names of significance/family members to honour and choose from...and the "pink for girls" outfit that Mary chooses...And it will be warmish, approaching summer...so who knows what direction she may take...heavy wintry pink tweed perhaps
Old 02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Mary is beautiful but I don't like the new haircut. The shorter length makes her face look fat. Maybe she's putting on a few pounds due to her pregnancy but I don't remember the pudgy look in the face from her first pregnancy.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I have read somewhere that it was the Palace that induces her to cut her hair to have a more mature look!!! Maybe it was what really happens! I don't like her new hair cut!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
I have read somewhere that it was the Palace that induces her to cut her hair to have a more mature look!!! Maybe it was what really happens! I don't like her new hair cut!
That explanation sounds highly unlikely. I would be very surprised if the Palace- whomever that may be - would have any influence on any royal member's hairdo.

To me, it is quite natural that a woman in her mid-30s would try to change her hairstyle a bit. I think most of us do when we have had a couple of children and reach our mid-30s - I did as well. And the bob is a good do IMO; not too short, not too layered. If you discover you want your long hair back again, it won't take too long.
I can well understand why Mary would want to do it - even if her long hair was very pretty.
Old 02-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

The Danish paper BT and Berlingske have several articles wishing Mary a very happy birthday. Along with these articles includes many photos of the princess.

BT article

Berlingske
Old 02-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Commoner

This week's New Idea, Princess Mary tells: ‘Fears for my baby’

I just visited the New Idea's website and found this headline: Princess Mary tells: ‘Fears for my baby’.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/new-idea/2109/pr...rs-for-my-baby/

I would like to read the entire article, but on the web they only post a small chunk of it. Did anybody buy this magazine? Can somebody scan it and post it?
Thanks !
Old 02-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by timoka
I just visited the New Idea's website and found this headline: Princess Mary tells: ‘Fears for my baby’.

http://au.blogs.yahoo.com/new-idea/2109/pr...rs-for-my-baby/

I would like to read the entire article, but on the web they only post a small chunk of it. Did anybody buy this magazine? Can somebody scan it and post it?
Thanks !
Is this a reliable source or/& magazine?

Closed Thread