The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Commoner

She is fast becoming my favourite princess. Her demeanour is very regal, she's committed to her causes and is by far, the best dressed princess.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
Mary's black hair.
Nice that you agree Linda

I am certain though that HRH hair is dark brown.

Old 08-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Mary' dress is beautiful . But I don' t like the necklace and the shoes ...
Old 08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

well she can be pregnant!All her dresses can make us assume that!Lets wait and see, I think is too early but...
Old 08-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary looks very elegant inthis outfit, and the loose curls in her hair are lovely.

I don't know if I care for the chunky white jewellery however. The dress and the hair is so classy and elegant, the chunky white jewellery, while an interesting contrast pairing, seems like something a little girl who raided her mom's jewellery box and put on the biggest necklace she could find. I would've preferred a different necklace to really put this outfit in the perfect column.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
I am certain though that HRH hair is dark brown.
I don't think her hair is black either. Her hair is a very dark brown, like a mahogany or a chestnut colour.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Greetings,

IMO, Mary looks very comfortable, elegant and chic. Love the hair, the dress, the jewelery and the shoes, they kind of caught me off guard, but I also like them. Nice shade of green/aqua (?)
Old 08-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

Mary looks very elegant in black dress!!!She still being my favorite royal!!!
I hope she continue her public job with this frequency ....lto see my favorite royal princess shinning every day!!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
Mary' dress is beautiful . But I don' t like the necklace and the shoes ...
I would have to agree, I'm not to fond of the shoes & necklace either. It looks as if these were an afterthought.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

I know that my question doesn't make sense with what is being discussed but I would like to know what was the title of the song that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary's bridal waltz at the wedding dinner at Fredensborg. Thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Courtier

I love the dress on her...radiant! And I love the necklace, too. Chunky jewelry is perfect for her age...it's cheery and fashionable.

www.one.org
Old 08-26-2006, 12:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmax
I know that my question doesn't make sense with what is being discussed but I would like to know what was the title of the song that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary's bridal waltz at the wedding dinner at Fredensborg. Thanks
GADE - A Folk Tale

Information in italics is from Ingrid at the CPMEMB:
The music used for the first waltz was actually THE wedding waltz in Denmark. I am quite sure that almost every couple in Denmark who choose to have a wedding waltz dance to this particular music. It as taken from a ballet called A Folk Tale. The following text is taken from the web site of The Royal Theatre:

Quote:
"Bournonville’s A Folk Tale is an enchanting comedy of mistaken identity. While Miss Birthe pesters her servants at the manor farm, the patient and lovely Hilda lives with the trolls in their mount, enduring their monstrosities. Deep down, they both nurture dreams of a different life. Fortunately, their true identities are finally revealed and they find their rightful homes and all ends well to the tune of N.W. Gade’s delightful wedding waltz.

Choreographer: August Bournonville
Music: N.W. Gade and J.P.E. Hartmann
Set and costume designer: Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II"

Also, check out this link for music on the wedding and waltz:
http://www.universalmusic.com.au/Art...gory=tracklist

Hope this helps.

-Ayvee
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Courtier

I haven't visited for a little while as have been away and so much has happened!! I adore the emerald green dress, very chic and almost oriental. The beige blouse is a bit washy and the outfit at the flower show, YUK!! Too mumsy. But the dark dress is stunning! I love the flow of the dress and her hair looks lovely. Mary is wonderful and I adore her. It is great to see her back at "work". Have missed all the fashion and inspiration while the family has been on holiday.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Aristocracy

The dark dress is a lovely dress but doesn't anyone else see it as a cocktail gown- not very appropriate for a daytime conference but great for an evening informal event. Don't any posters see that sort of dress at such events themselves? The shoes did not match up either but her hair was lovely and much better than the raggedy limp look she has been displaying recently. The necklace very nice but when will she ever be able to match up everything- it always seems to come in bits and pieces.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

I agree that the necklace and the shoes don't really go with the outfit. Perhaps she was going for the whole contrast thing but it didn't exactly work out. I don't think the dress looks out of place but the whole look would be better with navy blue heels and a gold chain necklace.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I agree that the necklace and the shoes don't really go with the outfit. Perhaps she was going for the whole contrast thing but it didn't exactly work out. I don't think the dress looks out of place but the whole look would be better with navy blue heels and a gold chain necklace.
coCal, you are taking my words from my lips! I think the same.Simply NOT that necklace and NOT those shoes. I don´t like the whole shoes. Something musch more classic and elegant and darker would be much more matching. Plus that necklace looks like collier. I think she should wear something small and simple.
She wanted combinate extravagant things and she forgot on our eagle eyes
Old 08-28-2006, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana
The dark dress is a lovely dress but doesn't anyone else see it as a cocktail gown- not very appropriate for a daytime conference but great for an evening informal event. Don't any posters see that sort of dress at such events themselves? The shoes did not match up either but her hair was lovely and much better than the raggedy limp look she has been displaying recently. The necklace very nice but when will she ever be able to match up everything- it always seems to come in bits and pieces.
Somehow I get the impression you're describing a Barbie doll you're displeased with... At least for me the princess looked good, the other people at the meeting obviously enjoyed her being there.

And I agree with Princess Mary when she stated in her pre-wedding interviews: "if the monarchy one day disappers - I speak now about monarchy as a concept - it's caused by several factors: The developement of society and if an eventually - motivated - lack of respect for the royal family has come to existance. If the people don't see that they make a difference. If the people can't see the value of monarchy, it just underlines the fact, that the role of royals in the monarchy is extremely important." (from the book: Kronprinsesse Mary
by Anne Wolden-Ræthinge.)

So not to discuss the dress here does not necessarily mean other posters have never seen the like in their real life but maybe for them other aspects in the princess's public appearance are much more important.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Somehow I get the impression you're describing a Barbie doll you're displeased with... At least for me the princess looked good, the other people at the meeting obviously enjoyed her being there.
So not to discuss the dress here does not necessarily mean other posters have never seen the like in their real life but maybe for them other aspects in the princess's public appearance are much more important.
"Barbie doll"- where is that from? "Not to discuss the dress here"- who said that? And I am not sure what the book quote is with reference to either.
Another entertaining response -thank you very much.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
well she can be pregnant!All her dresses can make us assume that!Lets wait and see, I think is too early but...
Her face looks a bit rounder to me. Maybe?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-29-2006, 07:22 AM
Aristocracy

Vollsmose visit from Fyens.dk, gallery - Mary i Billeder

http://www.fyens.dk/article/683848

Photos from Polfoto.dk:

Old 08-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

She actually is going to have lunch in a local house!Tha's very good for her popularity!

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson