The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"I think it should be said that the relative is only a relative by marriage and not by blood (her cousins husband)."

It says that in the first line of the article.
Well now its been said twice hasn't it?

"MII"

Old 11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Gentry

I just came across these forums a couple of weeks ago and now I just can't stop reading!!! I'm a big fan of CP Mary, she's so beautiful and stylish. I live in Mexico and the only famous royals here are Felipe and Letizia, they've been here a couple of times, but personally I'd much rather love to see the Danish princely couple come some time... I hope I don't have to wait a lot to see that happen...

Old 11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
I just came across these forums a couple of weeks ago and now I just can't stop reading!!! I'm a big fan of CP Mary, she's so beautiful and stylish. I live in Mexico and the only famous royals here are Felipe and Letizia, they've been here a couple of times, but personally I'd much rather love to see the Danish princely couple come some time... I hope I don't have to wait a lot to see that happen...
Maybe they'll visit on vacation, but probably not on an official tour.
Keep you hopes up, maybe one day!:)

Old 12-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Majesty

All posts related to the book There is something about Crown Princess Maryhave been moved to this thread where you may join the discussion.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

From polfoto :
December 14, 2005

Kronprinsesse Marys hest Goucé deltog onsdag i Gardehusarregimentets traditionelle juleridt i Slagelse, hvor det udelukkende er hesteeskadronens officerer, der er til hest. Goucé er købt og betalt af kongehuset og hører normalt til i de kongelige stalde, men da kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive at ride under sidste del af sin graviditet, valgte kronprinsparret at bede Gardehusarregimentets hesteskadron om at tage sig af hendes hest. Det fik premierløjtnant Peter Serup, som fik æren af at ride kronprinsessens hest rundt i Slagelses gader.

can anyone translate?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ch148811_guest.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	220670   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch148818_guest.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	220671  
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Royal Highness

Some onde can tranlate please....!?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
From polfoto :
December 14, 2005

Kronprinsesse Marys hest Goucé deltog onsdag i Gardehusarregimentets traditionelle juleridt i Slagelse, hvor det udelukkende er hesteeskadronens officerer, der er til hest. Goucé er købt og betalt af kongehuset og hører normalt til i de kongelige stalde, men da kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive at ride under sidste del af sin graviditet, valgte kronprinsparret at bede Gardehusarregimentets hesteskadron om at tage sig af hendes hest. Det fik premierløjtnant Peter Serup, som fik æren af at ride kronprinsessens hest rundt i Slagelses gader.

can anyone translate?
I can only give a basic translation, but here goes.

Crown Princess Mary's horse Goucé Wednesday was lent to the Guard's Horse Regiment? [Gardehusarregimentets] and then something about tradition and a battle - (not at all sure what that means) but the regiment only has officers on horseback.
Goucé is bought and paid for by the Royal Family and is normally in the royal barn , however when CP Mary had to stop riding in the last part of her pregnancy, she chose the Guard's Horse Regiment [Gardehusarregimentets] to look after her horse. [Premierløjtnant - not sure what that means, but it must be some kind of rank?] Peter Serup , had the honor of rideing the CP's horse around Slagelses street.

As a persoonal note, Goucé is a beautiful looking horse, and seems to have a lovely temperament. Is Goucé a name for a mare or gelding? [female or male horse that is!]

Old 12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

can someone tell is this mary?
billie-jo
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie-jo
can someone tell is this mary?
billie-jo
No, both people in the photo are officers or at least members of the regiment. One is a man and the other is a blonde girl, so not Mary! :)
BTW, would she be able to ride yet? It's been 2 months, but probably not, she did give birth after all!

Old 12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
No, both people in the photo are officers or at least members of the regiment. One is a man and the other is a blonde girl, so not Mary! :)
BTW, would she be able to ride yet? It's been 2 months, but probably not, she did give birth after all!
Layla1971

Jeez, what a girl. I would back on the horse in a day or so.
I know also, that if I had learned to play the piano, I would have been a true proficient.

You have already asked what Gouce means and I hope you get an answer but I would also like to know how to pronounce it in English. If someone could assist I would grateful.

Regards Jaques Demolay
Old 12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I can only give a basic translation, but here goes.

Crown Princess Mary's horse Goucé Wednesday was lent to the Guard's Horse Regiment? [Gardehusarregimentets] and then something about tradition and a battle - (not at all sure what that means) but the regiment only has officers on horseback.
Goucé is bought and paid for by the Royal Family and is normally in the royal barn , however when CP Mary had to stop riding in the last part of her pregnancy, she chose the Guard's Horse Regiment [Gardehusarregimentets] to look after her horse. [Premierløjtnant - not sure what that means, but it must be some kind of rank?] Peter Serup , had the honor of rideing the CP's horse around Slagelses street.
Good translation, Layla. Instead of lent to, I'd say participated. The horse participated in the annual Christmas "race" the Gardehus regiment holds in the streets of Slagelse.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques demolay
Layla1971

Jeez, what a girl. I would back on the horse in a day or so.
I know also, that if I had learned to play the piano, I would have been a true proficient.

You have already asked what Gouce means and I hope you get an answer but I would also like to know how to pronounce it in English. If someone could assist I would grateful.

Regards Jaques Demolay
Well, I'm thinking Goucé is a French name because of the accent mark on the 'é'. So, going on that assumption, it may be pronounced - Gu-chey, think Gucci, but chey at the end instead of 'chi'.
BTW, I noticed that this is your first post Jaques, welcome to the forum!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Good translation, Layla. Instead of lent to, I'd say participated. The horse participated in the annual Christmas "race" the Gardehus regiment holds in the streets of Slagelse.
Thanks Anne. I'm progressing rather slowly, but I'm recognizing more words each day, hopefully it won't take me forever to learn Swedish as it did with my German!

Old 12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Majesty

If Goucé is a French word, I believe it would be pronounced Goo-say.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Jaques Demolay

Quote:
Well, I'm thinking Goucé is a French name because of the accent mark on the 'é'. So, going on that assumption, it may be pronounced - Gu-chey, think Gucci, but chey at the end instead of 'chi'.
BTW, I noticed that this is your first post Jaques, welcome to the forum!:)

Thanks Anne. I'm progressing rather slowly, but I'm recognizing more words each day, hopefully it won't take me forever to learn Swedish as it did with my German!
Layla1971

Thankyou for the welcome, and the pronunciation assistance.
Mandy, thankyou for assisting as well.
They all sound right don't they? I will have a think about it, pick one and live with consequences.:)

Thankyou again Jaques Demolay
Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
If Goucé is a French word, I believe it would be pronounced Goo-say.
No, I can speak basic French and I'm still studying it. A 'c' with an accented 'é' after it, would make it sound like 'chey'. In other words it would make the 'c' sound harder in a way.

Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
No, I can speak basic French and I'm still studying it. A 'c' with an accented 'é' after it, would make it sound like 'chey'. In other words it would make the 'c' sound harder in a way.
Don't worry about it Layla1971, I've only spoken French since I was a child. :)
Old 12-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Don't worry about it Layla1971, I've only spoken French since I was a child. :)
Yeah, well I'm still learning and pronounciation is the hardest part for me!:o Although, spelling is easiest, strange that.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

I'm french, and I can tell you that "Goucé" is pronounced : "goo-say"

If there is no "H" there is no reason to pronounce it "chey" at the end
Old 12-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Majesty

how many state visits has mary been apart of
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
how many state visits has mary been apart of
Including her engagement -

Two I think

The Romanian & Luxembourg State visits.

The recent Norwegian visit was an official visit, not a state one. I am sure the visit from the US president was also an official visit and not a state one. It's kind of weird that the only state visits the Crown Princess has been part of are the ones during her engagement and not after her marriage.

"MII"

P.S. I am speaking solely of visitng Heads of State to Denmark.

Closed Thread