The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"I think it should be said that the relative is only a relative by marriage and not by blood (her cousins husband)."

It says that in the first line of the article.
Well now its been said twice hasn't it?

"MII"
__________________

  #122  
Old 11-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
Posts: 99
I just came across these forums a couple of weeks ago and now I just can't stop reading!!! I'm a big fan of CP Mary, she's so beautiful and stylish. I live in Mexico and the only famous royals here are Felipe and Letizia, they've been here a couple of times, but personally I'd much rather love to see the Danish princely couple come some time... I hope I don't have to wait a lot to see that happen...
__________________

  #123  
Old 11-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
I just came across these forums a couple of weeks ago and now I just can't stop reading!!! I'm a big fan of CP Mary, she's so beautiful and stylish. I live in Mexico and the only famous royals here are Felipe and Letizia, they've been here a couple of times, but personally I'd much rather love to see the Danish princely couple come some time... I hope I don't have to wait a lot to see that happen...
Maybe they'll visit on vacation, but probably not on an official tour.
Keep you hopes up, maybe one day!:)
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #124  
Old 12-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
All posts related to the book There is something about Crown Princess Maryhave been moved to this thread where you may join the discussion.
  #125  
Old 12-14-2005, 10:48 AM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,871
From polfoto :
December 14, 2005

Kronprinsesse Marys hest Goucé deltog onsdag i Gardehusarregimentets traditionelle juleridt i Slagelse, hvor det udelukkende er hesteeskadronens officerer, der er til hest. Goucé er købt og betalt af kongehuset og hører normalt til i de kongelige stalde, men da kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive at ride under sidste del af sin graviditet, valgte kronprinsparret at bede Gardehusarregimentets hesteskadron om at tage sig af hendes hest. Det fik premierløjtnant Peter Serup, som fik æren af at ride kronprinsessens hest rundt i Slagelses gader.

can anyone translate?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ch148811_guest.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	220670   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch148818_guest.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	220671  
Attached Images
 
__________________
^_^
  #126  
Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
micas's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: , Portugal
Posts: 1,711
Some onde can tranlate please....!?
  #127  
Old 12-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
From polfoto :
December 14, 2005

Kronprinsesse Marys hest Goucé deltog onsdag i Gardehusarregimentets traditionelle juleridt i Slagelse, hvor det udelukkende er hesteeskadronens officerer, der er til hest. Goucé er købt og betalt af kongehuset og hører normalt til i de kongelige stalde, men da kronprinsesse Mary måtte opgive at ride under sidste del af sin graviditet, valgte kronprinsparret at bede Gardehusarregimentets hesteskadron om at tage sig af hendes hest. Det fik premierløjtnant Peter Serup, som fik æren af at ride kronprinsessens hest rundt i Slagelses gader.

can anyone translate?
I can only give a basic translation, but here goes.

Crown Princess Mary's horse Goucé Wednesday was lent to the Guard's Horse Regiment? [Gardehusarregimentets] and then something about tradition and a battle - (not at all sure what that means) but the regiment only has officers on horseback.
Goucé is bought and paid for by the Royal Family and is normally in the royal barn , however when CP Mary had to stop riding in the last part of her pregnancy, she chose the Guard's Horse Regiment [Gardehusarregimentets] to look after her horse. [Premierløjtnant - not sure what that means, but it must be some kind of rank?] Peter Serup , had the honor of rideing the CP's horse around Slagelses street.

As a persoonal note, Goucé is a beautiful looking horse, and seems to have a lovely temperament. Is Goucé a name for a mare or gelding? [female or male horse that is!]
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #128  
Old 12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
billie-jo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: cessnock, Australia
Posts: 112
can someone tell is this mary?
billie-jo
  #129  
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by billie-jo
can someone tell is this mary?
billie-jo
No, both people in the photo are officers or at least members of the regiment. One is a man and the other is a blonde girl, so not Mary! :)
BTW, would she be able to ride yet? It's been 2 months, but probably not, she did give birth after all!
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #130  
Old 12-14-2005, 08:02 PM
Jaques Demolay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
No, both people in the photo are officers or at least members of the regiment. One is a man and the other is a blonde girl, so not Mary! :)
BTW, would she be able to ride yet? It's been 2 months, but probably not, she did give birth after all!
Layla1971

Jeez, what a girl. I would back on the horse in a day or so.
I know also, that if I had learned to play the piano, I would have been a true proficient.

You have already asked what Gouce means and I hope you get an answer but I would also like to know how to pronounce it in English. If someone could assist I would grateful.

Regards Jaques Demolay
  #131  
Old 12-14-2005, 08:08 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I can only give a basic translation, but here goes.

Crown Princess Mary's horse Goucé Wednesday was lent to the Guard's Horse Regiment? [Gardehusarregimentets] and then something about tradition and a battle - (not at all sure what that means) but the regiment only has officers on horseback.
Goucé is bought and paid for by the Royal Family and is normally in the royal barn , however when CP Mary had to stop riding in the last part of her pregnancy, she chose the Guard's Horse Regiment [Gardehusarregimentets] to look after her horse. [Premierløjtnant - not sure what that means, but it must be some kind of rank?] Peter Serup , had the honor of rideing the CP's horse around Slagelses street.
Good translation, Layla. Instead of lent to, I'd say participated. The horse participated in the annual Christmas "race" the Gardehus regiment holds in the streets of Slagelse.
__________________
  #132  
Old 12-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques demolay
Layla1971

Jeez, what a girl. I would back on the horse in a day or so.
I know also, that if I had learned to play the piano, I would have been a true proficient.

You have already asked what Gouce means and I hope you get an answer but I would also like to know how to pronounce it in English. If someone could assist I would grateful.

Regards Jaques Demolay
Well, I'm thinking Goucé is a French name because of the accent mark on the 'é'. So, going on that assumption, it may be pronounced - Gu-chey, think Gucci, but chey at the end instead of 'chi'.
BTW, I noticed that this is your first post Jaques, welcome to the forum!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Good translation, Layla. Instead of lent to, I'd say participated. The horse participated in the annual Christmas "race" the Gardehus regiment holds in the streets of Slagelse.
Thanks Anne. I'm progressing rather slowly, but I'm recognizing more words each day, hopefully it won't take me forever to learn Swedish as it did with my German!
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #133  
Old 12-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
If Goucé is a French word, I believe it would be pronounced Goo-say.
  #134  
Old 12-15-2005, 06:28 AM
Jaques Demolay
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Well, I'm thinking Goucé is a French name because of the accent mark on the 'é'. So, going on that assumption, it may be pronounced - Gu-chey, think Gucci, but chey at the end instead of 'chi'.
BTW, I noticed that this is your first post Jaques, welcome to the forum!:)



Thanks Anne. I'm progressing rather slowly, but I'm recognizing more words each day, hopefully it won't take me forever to learn Swedish as it did with my German!
Layla1971

Thankyou for the welcome, and the pronunciation assistance.
Mandy, thankyou for assisting as well.
They all sound right don't they? I will have a think about it, pick one and live with consequences.:)

Thankyou again Jaques Demolay
  #135  
Old 12-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
If Goucé is a French word, I believe it would be pronounced Goo-say.
No, I can speak basic French and I'm still studying it. A 'c' with an accented 'é' after it, would make it sound like 'chey'. In other words it would make the 'c' sound harder in a way.
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #136  
Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
No, I can speak basic French and I'm still studying it. A 'c' with an accented 'é' after it, would make it sound like 'chey'. In other words it would make the 'c' sound harder in a way.
Don't worry about it Layla1971, I've only spoken French since I was a child. :)
  #137  
Old 12-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Layla1971's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy
Don't worry about it Layla1971, I've only spoken French since I was a child. :)
Yeah, well I'm still learning and pronounciation is the hardest part for me!:o Although, spelling is easiest, strange that.
__________________
In critical moments even the powerful have need of the weakest.
Aesop

  #138  
Old 12-18-2005, 03:14 PM
kil's Avatar
kil kil is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 171
I'm french, and I can tell you that "Goucé" is pronounced : "goo-say"

If there is no "H" there is no reason to pronounce it "chey" at the end
  #139  
Old 12-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,521
how many state visits has mary been apart of
  #140  
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
how many state visits has mary been apart of
Including her engagement -

Two I think

The Romanian & Luxembourg State visits.

The recent Norwegian visit was an official visit, not a state one. I am sure the visit from the US president was also an official visit and not a state one. It's kind of weird that the only state visits the Crown Princess has been part of are the ones during her engagement and not after her marriage.

"MII"

P.S. I am speaking solely of visitng Heads of State to Denmark.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 433 12-19-2006 01:23 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: May - November 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 447 11-09-2006 03:51 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 402 05-11-2006 03:18 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005 norwegianne Current Events Archive 451 09-12-2005 10:58 AM




Popular Tags
art best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia irene urdangarín iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monaco monarchy news nobel november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess diana lady spencer princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia rohan spanish state visit to japan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises