Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: September 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sweet to see mommy and baby together...and i'm sure she's back to riding again!

I really like the fact that Mary seems to be incorporating her dog Ziggy in her life post-baby.
Like the pictures of her walking ziggy even in Copenhagen show, she's not the kind of person who would shove her pets aside as soon as a baby announces itself. Good to see and hopefully this will serve as an example to new parents everywhere.
A much needed example, too, since there are so many new parents who dump their pet at the nearest shelter/pound, which often spells the end of the life of the pet. Again I'm happy to see Mary is setting the absolutely right example here. Kudo's to her for this.

I like that alot too -- wasn't the puppy in their Christmas postcard too (part of the family)?

I really like Mary too. I just find it amazing to go from ordinary girl to CP in such a short period of time and do it so well....extaordinary. Mary must have come a very solid family background and her hubby must be a nice sort of a fellow.well done.

Mary is just breathtaking! I found the RF searching for info on the CP of Denmark. She's the new archtype princess, in my opinion. We had Grace, Diana and now Mary! Hopefully we will see more of her charity work this year beyond fashion shows although I know the fashion shows are what the press like to cover. It's funny that some may have thought she was the ugly ducking compared to all of the other CP candidates but she has truly grown into the beautiful swan in a natural way, simply by taking care of herself. She obviously excercises and I don't think she drinks anything but water. Her skin is just glowing! I love that she hasn't gone blonde or thought she needed that to be beautiful. Well, that's all.

I just love her clothes- although I always think how much money she spends on clothes! I think it was her ambition to become a style icon and she puts the most endeavour in it when becoming a princess

^ About the spending a lot of money on clothes, are Royals allowed to accept clothes from designers for free?

Just wondered if it can happen, I am sure it is great publicity for Mary to be seen in a certain dress etc.

La princesse Mary a t elle des activités de prévu prochainement?

CASSARD said:
La princesse Mary a t elle des activités de prévu prochainement?

Bienvenu CASSARD! Welcome to the forum! Please note the language of the forum is English so that everyone can understand and participate in the discussion.

Mary's next activities will be on February 17 & 18 when she and Frederik visit Germany. On the 17th, they will participate in Matthiae-Mahlzeit 2006 in Hamburg. Then, on the 18th, they will pay an official visit to Kiel/Schleswig-Holstein, Germany.

love her doggie!

and yeah noticed she is getting prettier and prettier ... married life agrees with ber

Last edited by a moderator:
Danes flock to see land where Mary was born
March 5, 2006

THE fairytale marriage of Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik to Australian-born Mary Donaldson has created a tourism boom.
Since the prince found his bride in a pub during the Sydney Olympics, there has been a 23 per cent leap in the number of Danes visiting Australia.
Last year Danish tourist arrivals increased by 10 per cent to 22,597 people . Although it was just a fraction of the 5.5million visitors to Australia in 2005, the rise is against the trend for Europe and is being attributed to just one person.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/danes-flock-to-see-land-where-mary-was-born/2006/03/04/1141191886281.html

Mary has a new lady in waiting as of March 1. 2006, her name is Caroline E. Heering, she is married to Frederiks childhood friend Peter Heering and Frederik is godfather of their youngest child Rosemarie. Marys current lady in waiting Countess Victoria Bernstoff-Gyldensteen will retire from her job on 30 of april

Caroline E. Heering tiltrådte som hofdame for HKH Kronprinsessen den 1.3 2006.

Hofdame Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen fratræder sin stilling som hofdame for HKH Kronprinsessen den 30.4.2006
http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3f62774

Pics from Billedbladet, the christening issue

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Mary has a new lady in waiting as of March 1. 2006, her name is Caroline E. Heering, she is married to Frederiks childhood friend Peter Heering and Frederik is godfather of their youngest child Rosemarie. Marys current lady in waiting Countess Victoria Bernstoff-Gyldensteen will retire from her job on 30 of april

http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3f62774

Pics from Billedbladet, the christening issue
http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledtruecolor014mi.jpghttp://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledtruecolor031ui.jpg

it's a pity countess victoria is not her lady in waiting anymore! she is such a lovely, elegant lady. i'm sure she can help mary much more than caroline.

is this woman caroline a noble? was she chosen by mary? as far as i know countess victoria was chosen by the queen. will victoria be working for the royal household at all? maybe she will be with mary in some engagaments.

i wonder why they want to change victoria... she was so good at her job and demostrated class every second.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the Palace Caroline is Cand.Merc. I googled it as Im not familiar with the title and it seems to be an education in business, (international) marketing, finance, logisticks, accounting and similar things. http://www.business.aau.dk/ha/Candmerc/Candmerc.htm#candmerc

She and Mary are good friends and her husband and Frederik are childhood friends

When Countess Victorias term ends on April 30th she will not accompany Mary anylonger. I agree she has been very classy and brings more dignety and "oomph" than two young pretty ladies (just my oppinion). Alexandra also had a couple of older Ladies in Waiting in the beginning, her current secreatry is in her 30s though

There should be pictures in the forum of Mary and Frederik attending their daughters christenng, it was early in Marys pregnancy and she wore a sparkeling skirt and beige cardigan, Im to lazy to search for it

Last edited:
What is a lady in waiting and do all CP's have one?

melmel said:
What is a lady in waiting and do all CP's have one?

a lady in waiting is an assistant for the princess. she helps her carry bouquets or things she receives, so that the princess has hands free, will assist the princess in her engagements, etc. the lady in waiting is a secretary and a confidential assistant.
not all the princesses have one. some families don't use the lady in waiting figure anymore.

Larzen said:
That's too bad, I will certainly miss the always so elegant and refined presence of Countess Bernstorff-Gyldensteen... I hope she will have great luck in whatever she will do in the future. The Countess has certainly set high standars for her successor.

well said GrandDuchess. I agree Victoria was a beautiful, classy lady and will miss her and wish her well.

in my experience nothing ruins a friendship faster than working together. Power shifts and resentments simmer. No longer a friend but employee is a difficult transition. i'm watching it with 2 of my closest friends, sad 30 year friendship down the tubes.

How many ladies in wating does CP Mary have?

Larzen said:
Mary has a new lady in waiting as of March 1. 2006, her name is Caroline E. Heering, she is married to Frederiks childhood friend Peter Heering and Frederik is godfather of their youngest child Rosemarie.

Is this Peter Heering on of the "Cherry Heering"-family? Cherry Heering is a Danish cherry liqueur which is a classic in the bars for cocktails and the most important ingredient of the famous "Singapore Sling"- cocktail which was invented at the "Raffles"-hotel in Singapore but is now a world classic.
Just wondering?

Kelly said:
How many ladies in wating does CP Mary have?

HRH the Crown Princess has one lady in waiting, Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen.

I am glade to see the Countess go. From my encounter with her...she is quite an arrogant & rude woman.

"MII"

Margrethe II said:
HRH the Crown Princess has one lady in waiting, Countess Victoria Bernstorff-Gyldensteen.

I am glade to see the Countess go. From my encounter with her...she is quite an arrogant & rude woman.

"MII"

When did you meet her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom