Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondeful pics. Fynally Mary start look pregnat.
I am loveing her stayl.
Just now other dog for Mary?

Harmony said:
Pictures from BT showing how warmth,caring and compassionate Mary is not only to people but animals as well.

Lovely princess, lovely hat, lovely dress, cute puppy.... but that necklace... it's .. I don't know what it is!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say that I'm very impressed by Crown Princess Mary's hectic schedule! She is so far into her pregnancy, and yet she is the most hardworking person in the Royal Family right now. I'm also a bit surpised that Fredik doesn't have more in his schedule, but maybe when the baby will be born he will do more and Mary might have a little time out or so, or at least take it very easy and spend time with the baby.

I'm translating the calendar, you can see it here.

Thanks for translating the DFR calendar, GrandDuches :)

Yes, a bit suprising NO CP Frederick on the calendar often, hopefully that will change.

New pics of Mary (from Hola.com).
In the third pic she's receiving a poney for her next baby :)

Attachments

• mary2.jpg
    mary2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 890
  • mary3.jpg
    mary3.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 377
  • mary4.jpg
    mary4.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 258
  • mary5.jpg
    mary5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 370
  • mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,147
Thanks for the photos Regina. That's cute people are giving her things for the baby. The second pic is really lovely.

Danielle said:
Thanks for the photos Regina. That's cute people are giving her things for the baby. The second pic is really lovely.

Glad you like it, Danielle! And I agree with you: Mary is just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in the second pic.

I don't like her dress much but she's really happy! I like to see happy persons! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Regina said:
I don't like her dress much but she's really happy! I like to see happy persons! :)

I agree with you, the dress wasn't great, but she looked very happy, pregnancy definetely suits her!:)

She looks a little bit pale (maybe because of the colours of the dress ... maye because of the pregnancy) but yes, she really looks very, very happy!! I would have at least 4-5 children if I look like Mary during my pregnancy ;-)))

Regina said:
Glad you like it, Danielle! And I agree with you: Mary is just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in the second pic.

Yeah, Regina, I agree with you completely !
36_3_16.gif

Mary is a very radiant and beautiful pregnant princess ! She does really enjoy her pregnancy !
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Mary is definitely giving a whole new notion to pregancy fashion ! Great !
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Amen :p

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm a story I came across about an interview that Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were giving whilst on holiday in France whereby Prince Henrik stated that he believed CPM was "too thin"
and he apparently also said "that if you didnt know she was pregnant, you'd never have thought she was expecting".
I'm just another person jumping on the band wagon that everyone else appears to and suggesting that she does seem a little on the thin side to be at 7 months. Although babies do tend have growth spurts during the last couple of months and we may yet see CPM expand a little more by the time she gives birth. I was one of those people that that happened to!!

boredhousewife said:
Can anyone confirm a story I came across about an interview that Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were giving whilst on holiday in France whereby Prince Henrik stated that he believed CPM was "too thin"
and he apparently also said "that if you didnt know she was pregnant, you'd never have thought she was expecting".
I'm just another person jumping on the band wagon that everyone else appears to and suggesting that she does seem a little on the thin side to be at 7 months. Although babies do tend have growth spurts during the last couple of months and we may yet see CPM expand a little more by the time she gives birth. I was one of those people that that happened to!!

I havent heard of this before, what interview was this? what magazine or paper? thanks :)

I was thinking that when I saw the pics a little while ago. This is no time to watch your weight.

Australian said:
I havent heard of this before, what interview was this? what magazine or paper? thanks :)

I'm not really sure where I read it, I'm new to these forums and have been crazily trying to catch up on all the threads that I can't remember. I know it was a little while ago though. Its been on my mind for a bit now, so I decided to join the forum to see if anyone else had heard about it.
I was also wondering it this was actually true if it was reported in the danish newspapers/mags or elsewhere in europe. I quite often look up the danish mags/newspapers on the net even though I cant read them but there didnt appear to be any info about this. Mind you anything printed by the media can be taken with a pinch of salt as they dont always appear to be concerned with printing the truth anyway (if ever!!).

I don't think she's "thin"... but her belly is clearly not bulging like some people's do when pregnant. I think it just depends on the woman, doesn't it? Like for example we've heard of teenagers who have had babies and no-ne even suspected they were pregnant.

But seriously, look at mary! Did you see the pics of her and Fred at that beach? She is clearly pregnant, and she has a behind too! Hahaha.... I think though that she knows how to dress during pregnancy (or Anja does!)... like when she wore that black top with the white skirt (with black band at the bottom) to the opening of CIFF.... she didn't look remotely pregnant there! I think it had something to do with wearing black, and lyering and stuff like that.

It's all about creating illusions with your clothes. I mean just look at her.... does she look stick thin like Victoria Beckham did a while back? Also, and I mention this only for comparison (and not to disparage) but Mary doesn't even look thinner than Letizia (except for the belly) or Alex did during her pregnancy.... it's just that Mary's stomach isn't as extended.

i'm really surprised of the so many engagements mary got engaged just after finishing her holidays... seems a really hard work for a pregnant person! fred should really be with her and not let her do all this work alone... with all she has done it's normal she will become more popular than him shortly...

the dress wasn't definetely the best option. does anyone know who designed that one? is it probably another prada or m. birger?

She hasn't been wearing Prada clothes... maybe prada accessories here and there, but can't remember the last time she wore a dress by a non-Danish designer (well I suppose I don't really know much about fashion)...

Another reason she might not be showing as much is if she is long waisted. Short waisted women tend to look very pregnant, very quickly. But the longer your torso is, the more room the baby has up before it has to go out. I have no idea if CP Mary is particularly long waisted or not, but it is a possibility.

August 22, 2005: Crown Princess Mary visited an exhibition at the Thorvaldsens Museum

www.polfoto.dk

Attachments

• ch139623_guest.jpg
    ch139623_guest.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,317
  • ch139624_guest.jpg
    ch139624_guest.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,225
  • ch139622_guest.jpg
    ch139622_guest.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 400
  • ch139621_guest.jpg
    ch139621_guest.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 266
  • ch139620_guest.jpg
    ch139620_guest.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 354
  • ch139619_guest.jpg
    ch139619_guest.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 575
The last pics is gorgeous!!! It shows a beautiful, healthy, optimistic and happy expectant mother ... she is one with the world and with her baby!

Some styling remarks ;-) : the bag isn't a good fit ...

I think Mary looks fabulous during pregnancy. But I do not like this dress very much. I think the flower print is very distracting and her hair up in a ponytail isn't very flattering with the dress.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=183795

I personally thought this dress looked better...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6944
(The one at the Children's Theatre Festival)
It looks very comfortable.

Thanks everyone for the pics! :)

Mary does know how to dress when she's pregnant. At certain angles you can't really tell.

Last edited:
I too don't like the dress so much and certainly not the shoes. This ensemble would have looked better at the garden engagement and the brown dress and hat on that day have been more appropriate today. Oh well, to each her own.
But she seems happy and healthy and that is what counts IMO.

Attachments

• 297748_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297748_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 307
  • 297750_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297750_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 297752_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297752_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 297754_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297754_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 297756_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297756_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 441
  • 297758_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297758_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 337
  • 297760_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297760_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 297762_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    297762_picture_gallery_large.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 350
i think the dress looks good, but those shoes and the purse are definetely a terrible choice. they don't match with the dress, the purse is black (could have looked a lotbetter if wore during winter with winter clothing, not a flowery dress) and the shoes are beige... :s the ponytail wasn't really flattering either...

does she have a fashion advisor? :eek: i really think she should...

appart from that i'm happy of all the work she had been doing since she got back from her holidays... really hard and admirable work for a pregnant woman!

As long as she's healthy and the baby is healthy, that's all that really matters, in my opinion. I would expect that she's been having the usual pre-natal check-ups and they turned out ok.

She's a thin girl and not everyone gets really completely fat when they're having a baby.

pdas1201 said:

My!!!As someone mentioned earlier,I think those hormones are really kicking in!:eek: She usually dresses really well,but since she got pregnant...:confused:

she looks great but dont like the dress. why is she doing all these engaments by herself at 7months pregnant....shouldnt Fred be by her side.

I love the dress and the shoes are ok for the outfit, however the purse is too much.

On August 9th the Crown Princess attended a meeting at the regional office for the WHO http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3672774

Besøg hos WHO Regional Office for Europe
Mandag d. 8. august 2005

Som protektor for WHO Regional Office for Europe deltog H.K.H. Kronprinsessen i et møde hos Regional Office i København for en orientering om Regionens opgaver.

I think Mary looks great in all pictures...I'm a big fan of MAry, but i have to agree that the last shoes don't match with the beautifull gown she dressed!
Have you notice that Mary has compromises until the end of the August? I think she's a good example of a very professional person...she takes her job in earnest!!Well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom