Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning Crown Princess Mary opened the "Garden Living Fair 2005” in the Frederiksborg Castle Gardens in Hillerød. More pictures from UK Press.

Attachments

• Mary_Garden_Fair_20-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_20-UKP.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_21-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_21-UKP.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_23-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_23-UKP.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_22-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_22-UKP.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_2-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_2-UKP.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_3-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_3-UKP.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 207
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_4-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_4-UKP.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 263
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_5-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_5-UKP.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 216
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_6-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_6-UKP.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 178
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_1-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_1-UKP.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 204
This morning Crown Princess Mary opened the "Garden Living Fair 2005” in the Frederiksborg Castle Gardens in Hillerød. The last pictures from UK Press.

Attachments

• Mary_Garden_Fair_7-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_7-UKP.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_9-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_9-UKP.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 202
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_8-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_8-UKP.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 203
thanks again GrandDuchess, Mary seems so photogenic!

she is lovely looking woman , but I think there is somthing quite cold about her,
and I cant pin point why?

i like the outfit, simple and comfortable - and the colours look good on her =]

@sm1939 - i've heard many people say this too ^__^ ...i'm going to say it's her eyes...you know some people when they smile their eyes smile as well and crease into Mcdonald arcs well it doesn't really happen when Mary smiles...which give her this 'cold' expression...but remember 'looks can be deceving' she can be the nicest person for all you know =]

Maybe its her eyes? Sometimes they can get quite large ... hahaha!! But I like Mary - I like how she interacts with people and how she always thinks about others - she'll go and talk to them and shake their hands etc. When she visited Sydney this year, I went to one of her appearances, and what struck me most was that she took her time to meet almost everyone! And considering that we were waiting there for what seemed like ages! I'm glad she did!! She seemed very considerate, patient (didn't rush... she seemed to have this stregth and her actions were very deliberate... by this I mean that she knew what she was doing, didn't let others rush her... at the same time she reacted to things - like you know how she helped that photographer that fell into the fountain at that stamp fair? well something like that... she wasn't tunnel visioned, but reacted to things quickly but at the same time she didn't let others rush her).

Wow, Mary's attending so many events and she's already in her... what, sixth month?? Do expectant mothers still suffer from morning sickness in their sixth month? Coz Mary's looking very well IMO!!

wow, she is really starting to show! Its just two months left now right?

Yennie said:
wow, she is really starting to show! Its just two months left now right?

Yes she is, i think it is just a couple of months left Yennie, then there will be a new royal Dane!

carlota said:
that's a fallacy. your example can be compared in the same level if it involved wearing the same type of clothes all the time. that's obviously impossible. besides, the fact of listening to music needs to be much more varied or people may become crazy. letizia for example just used 2 or 3 clothes and accesories from international designers and she normally uses spanish ones, so that proves it's not impossible. however, the list with mary is much longer and what was even more was the fact that she posed for a danish magazine to promote danish fashion and had clothes from international designers on...

i really agree with what xandra and marengo said. it couldn't have been better said.

I do not understand how the need for variety when it comes to music isn't also applicable to clothes. We wear clothes everyday, in the same way perhaps that others listen to music everyday (although for me, there are some days where I don't even listen to music, but I never have days when I dont have clothes on! I'm not one of those people ;) )

But perhaps in a limited sense you're right ... so perhaps my comparison wasn't really that appropriate - maybe I need to make it more similar.

Okay then here it is: would it be appropriate for Alexandra to only listen to Danish music? Would it be appropriate for Letizia to only read Spanish newspapers or books (because she's quite involved in that area and a big supporter of journalism in spain, which is very understandable). No? Because isn't that what you're requiring from Mary - to only wear clothes from Danish designers? The fact that Letizia mostly wears clothes from Spanish designers was also raised, and it was argued that since she can do it, it is possible to limit ourselves to designers from one country. Well in the same way, one can also limit oneself to listening to musicians from one country only.... but if you don't want to do this all the time and instead sometimes listen to international musicians, what's wrong with that?

Whilst one needs variety, it would not be a good thing, as you said, if Mary as patron fo CIFF, didn't wear Danish designs. I have just been to the CPMaryMB and I know that the same poster asked whether Mary wears Danish designs. Members from that forum obliged, and posted heaps of Mary outfits made by Danish designers. Sooo many of her clothes are by Julie Fagerholt, Malene Birger, Heartmade... to name just a few Danish designers used by Mary.

Last edited:
thanks for that informed, researched information Jasl :)

Great, Great Pictures!!!! Thanks !!! Mary is astonishing!! She looks great in all picturesof the last events, but the late looks great on her!!! I think she's really happy!

sm1939 said:
she is lovely looking woman , but I think there is somthing quite cold about her,
and I cant pin point why?
many ppl share your feelings on this. but mary does look radiant at 7months of pregnancy.

Here's some more from the event....Newscom

dpaphotos024601.jpg
dpaphotos024599.jpg

Great pictures! Actually Mary doesn't come across as cold to me. She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.

Thanks lots for the new pictures of Crown Princess Mary. I love the picture of Mary with the small puppy most.It's so sweet picture.

Ennyllorac said:
Great pictures! Actually Mary doesn't come across as cold to me. She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.

Very well said! I agree with you 100%. Well done !
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

It seems to me that Mary is a very confident and independent princess. She has a warm heart and outgoing personality. She is very sweet, caring, down to earth and compassionate. I like Mary very much. :p

In particular, I like the way how Mary interacts with people proactively. She does always smile, go and talk to people and shake their hands and greet them small, young or old. When Mary and Frederik visited Sydney this year, I went to see them at Opera House. I was very impressed by Mary's warmth, friedliness and compassion. Mary took her time to meet and greet almost everyone there! She seemed very patient, caring, compassionate and considerate towards others. In fact. Mary's hand is very warm and soft! :D

Mary is a very good ambassador for Denmark and is doing a great job as a Crown Princess of Denmark. We are sooooo proud of Mary's hard work, good work and her dedication to her role.
clap.gif

Well done ! Mary !
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Ennyllorac said:
She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.

Yes, that's what I was trying to get at!! (wasted paragraphs trying to describe it and you did it in one sentence. Great job *thumbsup* ;) )

I just had a quick look at the DRF calendar.... o my, Mary fans will be over the moon! There are 27 events listed there right now, and Mary's in 11 of them! Considering that she's 7 months pregnant, and she's doing more than the other non-pregnant members, to me indicates that Mary's pregnancy is going ok! (not to disparage the other members of course, but just showing that Mary's doing ok with 2 months to go).

Anyway, I always thought before that Mary was painstakingly doing the research and laying the groundwork for the things she was going to be involved in before (and she herself recognised and affirmed this when she said that she needed to know more about causes she will be supporting as it will be for life). She has now done her research, chosen (most of) her causes, that she's taking part in them. Also, we know that she attends non-official meetings (i.e. press not invited or told of it) as we have seen some pics taken by non-media people and the event is not listed on the calendar.

Oh yeah check this out (it's in Danish though)... Mary's schedule for the second half of August:

21/ 08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved åbningen af Den Internationale Børneteaterfestival ”Caravanen” på Slagelse Teater, kl. 19.00
22/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger udstilling på Thorvaldsens Museum, kl. 15.30
24/08 : D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer gallakoncert i Radiohusets Koncertsal, som en del af DR Radiosymfoniorkestrets officielle H.C. Andersen fejring, kl. 20.00
25/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i fejring af Det Danske Kulturinstituts 15 års jubilæum i Letland, kl. 19.00
26/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved en reception i anledning af Geelsgårdskolens 50 års jubilæum i Virum, kl. 12.00
27/08 : Kronprinsparret er til stede ved Red Barnets 60 års jubilæums-koncertarrangement på Eksercérpladsen foran Rosenborg Slot, kl. 19.00
29 / 08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen aflægger besøg hos Dansk Flygtningehjælps frivillige arbejde, Netværksgruppen på Nørrebro – Frivillighuset, Nørrebrogade 32, København, kl. 14.00
29/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen modtager som protektor Julemærkefonden i Chr. VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, for præsentation af årets julemærke, kl. 15.30
31/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen åbner Dalgas Skolens arrangement ”Kys Frøen” under Århus Festuge som protektor for Landsforeningen SIND. Arrangementet finder sted i Musikhuset i Århus, kl. 11.00
1/9 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen navngiver den nye rose ”Kronprinsesse Mary” hos Poulsen Roser A/S i Fredensborg, kl. 13.00

Last edited:
rchainho said:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=58368

Danish royal visit cost $350,000

18:28 AEST Thu Aug 18 2005
AAP
Crown Princess Mary's visit home to Australia in March cost taxpayers almost $350,000, new figures show.

The federal government paid more than $115,000 on travel for the former Tasmanian real estate agent and her husband, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, during the 13-day trip in February and March this year.

Accommodation for the royal couple and their bodyguards - also provided by the Australian government - cost more than $62,000.

While I understand the complaints, the increase in tourism dollars going both ways and increased interest in Australia in Denmark and Denmark in Australia will vastly overshadow the costs of this one trip.

Dennism said:
While I understand the complaints, the increase in tourism dollars going both ways and increased interest in Australia in Denmark and Denmark in Australia will vastly overshadow the costs of this one trip.

Very beautifully stated ! I completely agreed with you.
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

I am so glad to see for once that definitely my taxes monies are being well spent on something that I totally agree with !!!!!!! :p

Frederik and Mary's marriage and their visit to Australia this year have brought me and some of Australians with great joy and happiness.
thumbsup.gif

I am soooooo happy that Frederik has chosen Mary as his Crown Princess. They are so affectionate and " in love ". Frederik and Mary are a dream couple and a great team. They compliment each other very well.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

May GOD bless Frederik and Mary and Denmark and Australia for ever and ever !!!!!! :p

Amen :p

Last edited:
Linda Hsu said:
Very beautifully stated ! I completely agreed with you. :p

I am so glad to see for once that definitely my taxes monies are being well spent on something that I totally agree with !!!!!!! :p

Thank you. It´s always nice to hear that others have the same opinion as yourself. Yes, of course. More royal trips to Australia!

Ennyllorac said:
Actually Mary doesn't come across as cold to me. She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.

I agree Ennyllorac. I don't see anything "cold" about Mary either, and there is definitely nothing wrong with someone being sure of themselves.

Linda Hsu said:
Frederik and Mary's marriage and their visit in Australia this year have brought me and some of Australians with great joy and happiness.

It was pretty good, huh?! I thought at first that it would only be royal watchers (like us) who would be interested in the visit... that people would follow the visit through message boards such as this, but heaps of people went to see them in real life. And everyone - the newspapers, television stations, etc - followed their visit. It reminded me of the Sydney 200 Olympics in a way - people across Sydney shared this one common interest. I thought it was all pretty exciting. :)

Pictures from BT showing how warmth,caring and compassionate Mary is not only to people but animals as well.

297490_large.jpg

297494_large.jpg

297492_large.jpg

Last edited:
Harmony said:
Pictures from BT showing how warmth,caring and compassionate Mary is not only to people but animals as well.

Thanks you lots Harmony.Great pictures.

More pictures from Abaca Press America:

Attachments

• 393783.jpg
    393783.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 246
  • 393784.jpg
    393784.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 393785.jpg
    393785.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 242
  • 393786.jpg
    393786.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 393787.jpg
    393787.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 282
  • 393788.jpg
    393788.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 253
  • 393789.jpg
    393789.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 569
Last edited by a moderator:
Forget Mary (sorry mary).... that little puppy is sooooo gorgeous!!!!

Yes, she is sharing the spotlight with a really cute puppy there.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
More pictures from Abaca Press America:
I like her simple dress (and hat) and their colour. Btw, if i don't do mistake, the cute puppy is the same kind of Alexandra' Oscar! So, do you think she is going to adopt another dog for her future child;) ?

I really love that dog - soooo cute and docile!

But I think Ziggy's right for the crown prince couple though. They can have a docile dog later on in life, but right now, they need a hyper active one like Ziggy!!

Mary looks fantastic as usual.

She's got a natural grace, and a calm kind of confidence that makes it a joy to watch her. Lucky Danes !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom