Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s an article I found in the newspaper this morning. Even though it’s talking about their visit to the Faroe Islands, it’s all about Mary. I have typed it out because my scanner is playing up at the moment. :mad:

Mary’s Swell Faroes Visit

Faroe Islands: Born on one of the world’s southernmost islands, Denmark’s Crown Princess Mary has spent the past week on some of the northernmost.

The pregnant Tasmanian-born Mary and her husband Crown Prince Frederik have visited the 19-island Faroe group whose population is mainly descended from Danish Vikings and has been linked politically to Denmark since the 14th century.

It is high summer on the group, which is located halfway between the western coast of Norway and Iceland, but Mary still felt the need of a heavy coast at one stage, as she was greeted by Suouroy Islands children in their traditional costume (and weren’t they cute! :p)

The Faroe Islands now are largely independent but the Danish royals are popular, no one more so than the princess who was visiting for the first time.

The Impact of Princess Mary on the Danish people, particularly since she became pregnant, is such that if her child is a girl she will be the queen of Denmark under proposed changes to the Danish Law.

Laws now in place would see an older female forced aside if a younger male heir was born subsequently.

The Sunday Telegraph (Sydney) (26/06/05)

hello! does anyone know when the next event for fred mary or both is? thanks!

Hey what's upi with that concert she is planning in Australia?

carlota said:
hello! does anyone know when the next event for fred mary or both is? thanks!
29/06 05 Both present at a dinner held by Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik for the foreign consuls and their spouses, kl. 17.00 - 19.00.
29/06 05 HRH the Crown Prince handing out "scholarships" from the Crown Prince Frederik Fund kl. 13.30 at Amalienborg.
29/06 05 HRH the Crown Princess and HRH Princess Benedikte, Protector, attends the Margrethe school's yearly fashionshow in Store Vega, Copenhagen kl. 19.30.

Royal News Demarks Princess Mary Plans Sidney Rock Concert

June 28, 2005, 12:56:24 Royal News Danish royals Princess Mary and Prince Frederik are planning a huge rock concert in Sydney.

The young princess - who is expecting a baby in October - will tour Australia in early 2006.

As well as the official visit, sources have revealed the young royals will help plan a star-studded music event to strengthen the relationship between Denmark and Australia.

The pair, who are said to strongly support music events, had already planned to attend the show next March, but are also involved in approving the line-up of bands behind the scenes.

They have reportedly requested a combination of both Danish and Australian bands to reflect the ties between the two countries.

The event is expected to resemble the format of the concert held before their own wedding in Copenhagen last year, when well-known Australian acts including Powderfinger - the princess's favourite band - played alongside a string of popular Danish musicians.

So far no decisions have been made on a venue, but it is thought that 'The Domain', a vast open space often used for concerts, is being considered. The expecting princess revealed that during her courtship with the prince she sent him a Powderfinger CD.

Her future husband returned the gesture, sending her a collection of Danish music, including material by the band Sort Sol.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/67072004.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Alisa.
This is what a Crown Princess should be doing Charity Work not plan Rock Concerts, imo

Last edited:
Yeah on some other sites ppl are berate about this.

If the rock concert were to benefit some charity then I would agree with the planning, but if for no reason but to improve relations between countries, then I can't see it.

princess gertrude said:
If the rock concert were to benefit some charity then I would agree with the planning, but if for no reason but to improve relations between countries, then I can't see it.

I agree. I don't think charity fundraisers should be the typical ballroom type of affair which the younger set may not see as much fun. Why not liven things up a bit with a rock concert that would have a charitable benefit?

Even if it's not for charity, I think Fredrick and Mary should have some fun too. Fredrick, his entire life, and Mary, since she's been married, have been carrying out royal duties. Hey, if they want to throw a cultural blending concert like that to have fun, why not? I for one wouldn't think any less of them.

I totally agree with you about having fun, everyone needs to have their fair share. It's not exactly an "easy" life they lead. I know that I would never be able to take on the position that Mary has. I suppose the question should be "Who would pay for this concert?" If Mary and Frederick are, then, by all means have the concert. If the governments of the countries are, then I would have to disagree with the concert idea. The exception to the governments paying would be if the concert were charitable.

Thanks pdas for the pics, nice blue colour. The ”baby belly” is finally starting to show! Here are pics (Polfoto) from yesterday when Crown Princess Mary, accompanied by her Lady-in-Waiting Countess Bernstorff-Gyldensteen, and Princess Benedikte, attended the exam fashion show of the Margrethe School.

But aren't the Australian taxpayers going to front the bill? if they want to have fun, they can still go to a concert, but on their own and with them paying for it.

I agree with the concert idea, i cant wait!. Royals job is to represent their country (Denmark) and strengthen ties between others, that is what they are doing, but in a more modern way. I like it how they are with the times! That is the mark of success- adapting to the modern world.

What does a concert that the Australian taxpayer will have to pay have to do with strengthening ties between countires. IMO-this is a tacky idea. (Guess they don't have much to do-oops I guess the claws are about to come out)

Australian said:
I agree with the concert idea, i cant wait!. Royals job is to represent their country (Denmark) and strengthen ties between others, that is what they are doing, but in a more modern way. I like it how they are with the times! That is the mark of success- adapting to the modern world.

they just wish not to be old fashioned most probably and want to relate more with people. I see nothing wrong with that.

I think that the concert is probably one of many events being planned for the visit and the tour organizers are probably trying to plan a variety of events to suit many different age groups.The real planning for most of these tours is done behind the scenes by various bureaucrats and I imagine that the danish royals only get to play a small part in all the planning

Another pic from the fashion show at Margrethe School

Attachments

• 177644_normal.jpg
    177644_normal.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 346
I don’t know about this concert idea. It would be great if the tax payers didn’t have to pay for it, but chances are they will. We have so many problems at the moment and I think it’s unfair to be spending money on something like this. I’m sure the ties between Denmark and Australia are not going to suffer if this concert doesn’t go ahead. But if it must go ahead, then I demand that Kashmir come and play!

Thank you everyone for the photos!

Pics from Face to Face

Attachments

• 00692045.jpg
    00692045.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 00692046.jpg
    00692046.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 222
  • 00692047.jpg
    00692047.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 198
  • 00692048.jpg
    00692048.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 00692049.jpg
    00692049.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 492
  • 00692050.jpg
    00692050.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 00692051.jpg
    00692051.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 00692052.jpg
    00692052.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,463
  • 00692053.jpg
    00692053.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 00692054.jpg
    00692054.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 279
I absolutely love what Mary is wearing. She looks really beautiful. :)

I agree she looks absolutely gorgeous. She is wearing a dress from the Heartmade (by Julie Fagerholt) from the Autumn/Winter 2004 Collection.

Attachments

• SCAN32C3.jpg
    SCAN32C3.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I like that outfit the best out of what she's been wearing lately. I think it went well with her skin tone. I also think she looks very pretty with her hair up - it's more elegant looking. :)

SpiffyBallerina said:
I like that outfit the best out of what she's been wearing lately. I think it went well with her skin tone. I also think she looks very pretty with her hair up - it's more elegant looking. :)

I agree with that, this is my favorite outfit of her so far in her list of pregnancy outfits. Let see what she comes up with next.

By the way, Happy Birthday SpiffyBallerina.:) How are old are you?? (If you don't mind my asking;) )

Well, I live in the western United States, so I have 14 more minutes to go until I'm 20!
Thanks for noticing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom