The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Mary's father and stepmother will be moving to Copenhagen after New Year's, according to B.T. and Jyllandsposten. John Donaldson will be teaching mathemathics at University of Copenhagen during the first half of respectively 2006, 2007 and 2008.

They will be loaned an apartment in the inner city by Nationalbanken, who has apartments to let out to foreign artists and scientists.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=367214/
that wonderful news!

but can visit his daughter the Crown Princess Mary more distance because he is professors

Sara Boyce

Old 06-08-2005, 06:26 PM
Courtier

I think CP Mary has friends both royals and non-royals especially in Denmark. It is not really that easy to just confirm because the only one who is always photographed is her. And usually we only see her photographed on official functions.

And one of my basis that she really has friends is that she was able to work in a company in Denmark before she was even engaged to CP Frederik and I think she and Princess Alex are close friends.

Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 06-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Boy or girl, Mary's child is to inherit the throne (6/Jun/2005) from the copenhagen post.

Mary to change Dane law to allow female heir Sunday, 12 June 2005 PRINCESS Mary looks set to strike a significant blow for female equality.

If the Danish princess's first child is a girl she will be the Queen of Denmark under proposed changes to Danish law announced this week.

Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen revealed he wants the rules of succession changed to allow a daughter of Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik to become queen, even if she has a younger brother.

Laws now would see an older female forced aside for a younger male heir.

In a speech to mark Denmark's constitution, Mr Rasmussen said gender equality should be assured in the royal line.

"I want there to be full equality between women and men, also regarding the succession to the Danish throne," he said.

"I'm convinced that the vast majority of the population as well as the Parliament agrees with me.

"In my opinion, we should change the laws of accession so that it is always the first-born child, regardless of gender, who reigns Denmark."

Princess Mary is almost four months pregnant, with the news announced by the couple at the end of April.

Speculation is rife as to the gender of the future monarch. The princess is due to give birth in October.

Any child of Princess Mary who ascends the throne will be the first European monarch with Australian blood.

By KATE ROSE 12jun05
Herald Sun AU
Old 06-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Courtier

Well, I think I speak for most of us when I say IT'S ABOUT TIME! :) I think the current monarch MORE than shows how a female monarch can be just as popular and good as any male.

I just hope the Danish parliament doesn't do what they do in many countries. They bundle a whole bunch of laws together. That way something good (the change in succession laws) gets rejected because other, less popular laws, get attached to the same bill along the way.
Old 06-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Gentry

I read in french newspaper that mary is about 1.82m, is it true?
Old 06-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Courtier

I think that´s too tall. I would guess around 1.72 m to 1.75 m:)
Old 06-15-2005, 02:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffyBallerina
Well, I think I speak for most of us when I say IT'S ABOUT TIME! :) I think the current monarch MORE than shows how a female monarch can be just as popular and good as any male.
I agree! I think it would be a great change and that if they pass the law, it should be before the baby is born. After reading this, I assume that the current king is Frederik's father and that his mother became queen by marrying him?
Old 06-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Commoner

No, the queen is THE queen, while Frederiks father is prince consort. The law in Denmark right now is that women can inherit the throne, but boys go before girls. For instance, Frederik and Mary has 4 girls and one boy as the youngest. Then the boy becomes king. Margrethe only has sisters, therefore she, as the eldest of 3 girls and no brothers, became queen. The current law was passed in 1953, when it was clear that MArgrethes parents wasn't going to get more children.

There wont be time to change the law before Mary gives birth. You have to change the constitution, which can take up to 5 years.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
There wont be time to change the law before Mary gives birth. You have to change the constitution, which can take up to 5 years.
But haven't there been talk of a referendum in this case? I've read in BT.dk (I know - not the most reliable newspaper!) that a referendum to change the constitution might be arranged to change it quite soon (that is before Mary gives birth), but that according to polls done in Denmark the "sofa voters" could "ruin" the change. Because one need 40 % votes pro the change to pass it. Please, correct me if I'm wrong!!

Old 06-15-2005, 10:08 AM
Commoner

Yes, there has been talk of a referendum, but the law that says who inherits the throne (tronfølgeloven, I don't know the exact english word) is part of the constitution, and to change the constitution the amendment has to be passed by two sessions of parliament, so there has to be elections in between. Since the last election was this spring, the next one is a long way away (has to be in the next 4 years), therefor the change is a long way away. Also at least 40 % of the entire population has to vote, and then the majority has to vote yes.

The current parliament can agree that they want to change the law, but it wont become a law for at least the next 4 years.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

can anyone tell me if these are the wedding rings of the princes?
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghee2002
Monday 6.june HRH The Crown Princess paid a private visit to Danish Industry in Industriens Hus, Copenhagen.
Mary got a differentiated introduction to the work of DI with special focus on the work with globalisation and euro-political work, of most importance to DI.
Pics from that event
Steen Brogaard (Thanks to Onlylucky from CPMEMB for the heads up)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	159489   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	159490   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	159491   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	159492  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	159493   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	159494   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	159495  
Old 06-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

June 16, 2005: Princess Mary will preside over Fashion Design Akademiet's Modeshow 2005.
http://www.fashiondesignakademiet.dk...eshow_2005.htm
Old 06-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
can anyone tell me if these are the wedding rings of the princes?
I don't think it is. As far as I recall Marys ring is an eternityband (like Letizias engagement ring) and I think Frederiks is just plain gold. There has been pictures of Marys ring, she wears it on the same finger af her engagement ring.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
June 16, 2005: Princess Mary will preside over Fashion Design Akademiet's Modeshow 2005.
www.fashiondesignakademiet.dk/events/modeshow_2005.htm
Pics from the event
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	159761   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	159762   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	159763  
Old 06-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

She recycled the entire outfit that she wore just 4 days ago at a christening. She never recycles outfits in such a short period of time.:p

More photos:

http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/51/477051-...44d034a0f.jpeg

http://i2.tv2.dk/images/s/118f6f6519...2f/477035.jpeg

http://i2.tv2.dk/images/s/e9457cfa7a...24/477036.jpeg

http://i2.tv2.dk/images/s/22dca9d137...fa/477037.jpeg

http://i2.tv2.dk/images/s/cc432accf9...76/477038.jpeg
Old 06-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for posting pictures, pdas1201 and Alisa

Wow, here Mary looks super-pregnant:
http://i2.tv2.dk/images/s/cc432accf9...76/477038.jpeg (probably just the angle)

Quote:
She recycled the entire outfit that she wore just 4 days ago at a christening. She never recycles outfits in such a short period of time.
She was probably happy, that she has found something, which can be still closed via a zipper or buttons...and not just via a safety pin
Generally I note, that Mary dresses more decent and in lighter colours (pastel, beige...), since we know about her pregnancy. Well, IMO she´s glowing so much, that glowing and bright colours aren´t needed :) Pregnancy suits her well.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from BT

#6: I can see a tiny bump in that one
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Love the skirt! so-so top, it coordinates is all I can say about it.

But I wish the outfit wasn't beige! How about a little color?

While I understand the excitement about spotting Mary's bump (actually I'm looking forward to what maternity clothes she will wear), I have to admit it's a little depressing too - even pregnant Mary's skinnier than I am!

Someone did a poll on the Princess Victoria page, love vs throne. How about a poll on throne vs ice cream and all the other yummy foods these women apparently give up to look good in the public's eye all the time! throne, ice cream, throne, ice cream... tough call.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
While I understand the excitement about spotting Mary's bump (actually I'm looking forward to what maternity clothes she will wear), I have to admit it's a little depressing too - even pregnant Mary's skinnier than I am!
I know the feeling.

Anyways, a midwife or a doctor or something like that was inteviewed by B.T. in regards to the lack of Mary's bump. She said that it was completely natural for first time mothers who trained as much as Mary did, with horses, yoga, etc... to not actually show much at all during the pregnancy. Ballet-dancers could go almost to term without looking very pregnant at all.