The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, 7 September, Crown Princess Mary attended the opening of the Hans Knudsen Institute’s new facilities in Copenhagen. Pictures from Face to Face.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00744342.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	191096   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744343.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	191097   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744344.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	191098   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744345.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	191099  

Name:	00744346.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	191100   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744347.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	191101   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744348.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	191102   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744349.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	191103  

Name:	00744350.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	191104   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744351.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	191105  

Old 09-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Yesterday, 7 September, Crown Princess Mary attended the opening of the Hans Knudsen Institute’s new facilities in Copenhagen. More pictures from Face to Face.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	00744352.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	191106   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744353.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	191107   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744354.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	191108   Click image for larger version

Name:	00744356.jpg
Views:	2299
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	191109  

Old 09-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for the new pictures of Her Royal Highness Princess Mary, GrandDuchess and pdas1201.Really wondeful and beautiful Mary.Pregnancy style really suit on her, especially the green outfit, it's really beautiful and must be one of Mary's most beautiful outfit, it has the addition of Western style together with Asian style(the flower,maybe Japanese or Chinese), Mary does looks really wonderful, her skin, everything are fantastic.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

to me, she's the one that use innovate clothes in royalty. She's amazing wearing modern clothes.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

In did, i agre complet with you. She is always a complet new.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/90592004.htm

Denmark's Crown Princess's special yoga sessions
Old 09-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Gentry

Mary's undershirt showing is not too flattering. Wonder why she always like tight stuff, the blouse could have been made longer. Who is her Wardrobe consultant?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn
Mary's undershirt showing is not too flattering. Wonder why she always like tight stuff, the blouse could have been made longer. Who is her Wardrobe consultant?

Actually she is wearing the outfit perfectly.

Mary is most likely wearing Maternity trousers which have a stretch panel at the front, therefore she needs her top to come down and cover that.

You can have tight, cheap, slutty type clothes but Mary's are body hugging in a beautiful why.

Nothing to my mind is too tight, infact I think she is doing pregnancy clothes beautifully in a feminine way. She might be a Princess but she is a woman first and she should show her body off in a decent way.

Smocks and oversized dresses with Bows belong in the past and should stay there!
Old 09-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from the opening of Hans Knudsen's new institute on September 7, 2005.

www.rexfeatures.com

You can see the baby booties, a gift she received from the institute:)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	548384A.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	196542   Click image for larger version

Name:	548384B.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	196543   Click image for larger version

Name:	548384C.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	196544   Click image for larger version

Name:	548384D.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	196545  

Old 09-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

I really like her outfit at the Hans knudsen Institute. And I really like the green top alot.

Nice pictures!!
Old 09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Actually she is wearing the outfit perfectly.

Mary is most likely wearing Maternity trousers which have a stretch panel at the front, therefore she needs her top to come down and cover that.

You can have tight, cheap, slutty type clothes but Mary's are body hugging in a beautiful why.

Nothing to my mind is too tight, infact I think she is doing pregnancy clothes beautifully in a feminine way. She might be a Princess but she is a woman first and she should show her body off in a decent way.

Smocks and oversized dresses with Bows belong in the past and should stay there!
Well said! She need to show that just because she's expecting, she does not need to resort to the old fashioned look of the 'big tent' dress and blouses or ugly pants or jackets and always flat, dull looking shoes.

Maternity wear has come a long way, thank goodness!!!

I'm glad Mary is able to take full advantage of a fully modern and stylish maternity wardrobe!

Some of those outfits I bet can be used afterwards too!
Old 09-09-2005, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

Are there any pictures of princess Mary in her childhood??
Old 09-09-2005, 11:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn
I agree that the outfit was not the best! I think it is nice to show your belly while you are pregnant, and the outfit is, by far, a very nice one, but I agree with Rosalyn that it was not the best choice. The top should have been longer to cover just enough. I know I will go against many of you, but I really don't like her style. She looks great, but I don't necessarily think that she has the best sense of style, unlike Letizia and perhaps Maxima. Just a personal opinion.:o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
Well said! She need to show that just because she's expecting, she does not need to resort to the old fashioned look of the 'big tent' dress and blouses or ugly pants or jackets and always flat, dull looking shoes.

Maternity wear has come a long way, thank goodness!!!

I'm glad Mary is able to take full advantage of a fully modern and stylish maternity wardrobe!

Some of those outfits I bet can be used afterwards too!

I also believe that Mary, unlike many of us, does not need to "reuse" the outfits afterwards. I'm sure she has enough money to buy new maternity clothes over and over again.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
I agree that the outfit was not the best! I think it is nice to show your belly while you are pregnant, and the outfit is, by far, a very nice one, but I agree with Rosalyn that it was not the best choice. The top should have been longer to cover just enough. I know I will go against many of you, but I really don't like her style. She looks great, but I don't necessarily think that she has the best sense of style, unlike Letizia and perhaps Maxima. Just a personal opinion.:o
Oh no, I think that whilst royals should be able to wear whatever they want, bearing their bellies whilst pregnant is a no go. Which is probably why princesses in the past have worn sack like clothing (okay not sack like, but decidedly maternity dresses which are so ho-hum boring - e.g. what mary wore to the garden show... almost all the princesses before her have worn such dresses... erk!!!). But this time round, the princesses seem to be wearing their non-pregnancy clothes, its just that its altered to make room for their bellies. For example, I loooove the purple dress MM wore to the fashin show, and love Mathilde's outfit when her and the CP brought Elizabeth to school (mary and her both love coats like the one worn on that day).

I think Mary wears long tops precisely because she wants to make sure that her belly doesn't show. I don't think her blouses are maternity blouses as such, hence the need for tops underneath to cover her bump. I bet ya mary will wear the clothes she's worn recently even after she gives birth.

As we all know, everyone has different tastes. I personally think Maxima's the most expressive, the most outwardly cheerful out of all the current CPss, but I can't relate to her style. Its fun and really lively, but sometimes verges on being a tad bit garrish. But that's just me, and Maxima can look really elegant sometimes too (some of her hats are just gooorgeous! and some not so, like that recent red one). Letizias clothes.... see when I think of Letizia, I think of her face and her great eyes, coz her clothes just doens't catch my attention. And when it does it's the sameness of it all that catches my attention. But again, that's just me and we can't all like the same thing.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve
I know I will go against many of you, but I really don't like her style. She looks great, but I don't necessarily think that she has the best sense of style, unlike Letizia and perhaps Maxima. Just a personal opinion.:o
I don't like her style either . I think Mary's choice of clothes makes her look older . When I see her, I don't see a 33 years- old but rather a 50- years old . But, like Roxsteve said, just my opinion :)
Old 09-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Courtier

We often think that women with pale skin, darker hair and classical outfit might seem older than they really are. Catherine Zeta-Jones, who like Mary, has porcelain skin, dark straight hair and dresses tastefully and rather in a classic way, always seemed older to me than Gwyneth for example when in reality they are about the same age.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
We often think that women with pale skin, darker hair and classical outfit might seem older than they really are. Catherine Zeta-Jones, who like Mary, has porcelain skin, dark straight hair and dresses tastefully and rather in a classic way, always seemed older to me than Gwyneth for example when in reality they are about the same age.

I don't agree with you here . Perhaps Gwyneth, when you see her from far and you see a thin blond woman looks younger but I think that Catherine has something on her face that can make her look girly sometimes (not a critic from me, she is beautiful !)
Old 09-10-2005, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
I don't like her style either . I think Mary's choice of clothes makes her look older . When I see her, I don't see a 33 years- old but rather a 50- years old . But, like Roxsteve said, just my opinion :)
I don't necessarily think she looks 50, but she tries too hard to look modern and sometimes that backfires. As a princess, she needs to make sure that she looks modern yet elegant and proper for the ocassion. The rest of us can show our belly button and no one would really notice--or care. I do, however, respect your opinion.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
Catherine Zeta Jones looks older than she says she is because, as everyone in the industry knows, she lies about her age, she is about 40 years old.
Mary looks younger when she is off duty, I think wearing hats and suits etc can make anyone look older. Sometimes I think she wears too much makeup which can make her look harsh and therefore older.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Royal Highness

Mary is like the energizer bunny! She keeps on going and going and going. It's great she can represent Denmark so well, but she's almost eight months pregnant! I know a lot of women who have to go on bedrest for the last month of pregnancy, so Mary must be having a very healthy pregnancy. :)

Closed Thread