The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

mostly people in Denmark and Australia really adores Crown Princess Mary because she is popular Princess! no hates her! since her marriages to Fred.

Sara Boyce

Old 05-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Serene Highness

Sara, I don't think anyone said Mary was hated. There was some negative reactions about Mary being called perfect princess or favorite princess. That just mean she is loved by a lot of people and there's other people who don't quite like her or don't really care about her. But I truly think there's not much people who hate her.

Old 05-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah I don't hate her and I am sure most ppl don't hate her. It is just that for me and others she is not ou r fave C.P. In fact I don't think I have a fave....
Old 06-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

June 4, 2005: Princess Mary in Roskilde for the annual animal show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix516992.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	155633   Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix516993.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	155634   Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix516994.jpg
Views:	357
ID:	155635   Click image for larger version

Name:	showcasepix516995.jpg
Views:	449
ID:	155636  

Name:	showcasepix516991.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	155687  
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

She has worn this coat before right? i think the way she wore it this time around looks alot better ^___^
Old 06-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

In my opinion, She is doing a good job and i think thats all that matters, regardless if we like her or not. (i personally like her a lot!!)

If we all say who we like better or if we hate or like her, this thread will just go on and on because it is depending on what individuals think. And there really is no point in going further with the notion that she is the favourite or she isnt the favourite.

It all just matters what us as individuals theink, we will all never agree on the same things anyway. Thats what makes us individuals :)
Old 06-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
In my opinion, She is doing a good job and i think thats all that matters, regardless if we like her or not. (i personally like her a lot!!)
I think that is such a good point. Besides has any of us actually even had a conversation with Mary,even met her? Highly unlikely, let's face it no one here knows her, and know what kind of person she really is. All the judgements are made from pictures and some tv interviews if that. To say you hate someone on the basis of that is so wrong.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Mary's outfit looks quite heavy, I don;t want to sound stupid but what is the temperature in Denmark around this time of year?

And how warm will it get?
Old 06-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Mary's outfit looks quite heavy, I don;t want to sound stupid but what is the temperature in Denmark around this time of year?

And how warm will it get?
The temperatures have varied greatly in the past month. It has been extremely warm at times, only for there to come a cold spell not long afterwards.

Denmark in the summers can be quite warm.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolla
Besides has any of us actually even had a conversation with Mary,even met her? Highly unlikely, let's face it no one here knows her, and know what kind of person she really is.
Well, I once think that probably one (or more) of her friend(s) or family has join TRF to know what public opinion about her are and then with their report she can improve better in everything, I think this forum is one of many way to know about it....
Old 06-07-2005, 07:05 AM
Gentry

lonely mary?

mary looked lonely...playing only with her dog. no one around, friends or family. does she have any real close friends since she moved to denmark? it seems she only has her husband to socialize with.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulik
mary looked lonely...playing only with her dog. no one around, friends or family. does she have any real close friends since she moved to denmark? it seems she only has her husband to socialize with.
She has made several friends, on her own and in Frederik's circle. She went out on town with some female friends at least once, and to fashion shows. It's not something you bring along to public engagements, though. It's a matter of keeping personal life personal.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Commoner

Monday 6.june HRH The Crown Princess paid a private visit to Danish Industry in Industriens Hus, Copenhagen.
Mary got a differentiated introduction to the work of DI with special focus on the work with globalisation and euro-political work, of most importance to DI.
Old 06-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Royal Highness

This sounds alot like the work Maxima did last in her study of the Dutch society.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has Mary made any royal friends? Does she have any friends from other royal houses? Or is it too soon to have established a relationship with any other royals?
Old 06-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
She has made several friends, on her own and in Frederik's circle. She went out on town with some female friends at least once, and to fashion shows. It's not something you bring along to public engagements, though. It's a matter of keeping personal life personal.
it's good to know that she has real close friends. it's good for her. i just sad to see her played with her dog all by herself. no one around. or is it also one of those puclic engagement where she can't bring along her friends?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary's father and stepmother will be moving to Copenhagen after New Year's, according to B.T. and Jyllandsposten. John Donaldson will be teaching mathemathics at University of Copenhagen during the first half of respectively 2006, 2007 and 2008.

They will be loaned an apartment in the inner city by Nationalbanken, who has apartments to let out to foreign artists and scientists.

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=367214/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Has Mary made any royal friends? Does she have any friends from other royal houses? Or is it too soon to have established a relationship with any other royals?
I don't know. Certainly she met a lot of the royals during the festivities around her own wedding, but there haven't been all that many opportunities to meet all of them since. (At least since they didn't attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding.) For example for Mette-Marit, there were a lot of royal events in the engagement period where she could get to know the others, but also there has been a lot of royal weddings and such where she could get to know the others. I expect it will be so for Mary as well.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden stayed with Mary and Frederik at Fredensborg when she was in Denmark, and Mary met all of the relatives at Sofiero, and the Greek and German relatives at Gråsten. But I really don't know.

One step at the time.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princessmary/

MARY'S SPRINGTIME CHIC AT ROYAL GATHERING

8 JUNE 2005

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary handled the damp weather with aplomb at a royal gathering at Sweden's Sofiero palace last week.

Expecting her first child with husband Prince Frederik in October, Princess Mary disguised any signs of a burgeoning bump with a fashionable wool coat and scarf. Cream was the colour of the day, as fellow invitees Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine of Sweden also wore trench coats in the trendy tone.

The young royals joined dozens other illustrious guests – including Queen Margrethe of Denmark as well as King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden – for an unusual family gathering. All the invitees were descendants of the Bernadotte dynasty reunited to celebrate the 100 years since Gustavo VI Adolf and his wife Margareta received Sofiero as a wedding gift.

1. Australian-born Princess Mary, who is expecting her first child later in the year, didn't allow the inclement weather to dampen her spirits as she shared a joke with her husband and Queen Margrethe
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	danishroyals-dop1a.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	156725  
Old 06-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Many danish medias are worried about the baby because Mary is so skinny. I talked to someone who met her last week, and she could not see any sign that she was 4 month pregnant
Old 06-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Courtier

I wouldn't be worried not all women gain a ton of weight or even go up a few sizes when they are pregnant. It depends on their body type. I have know people who are very skinny but only grew in the tummy area. They delivered fine healthy babies. She is only four months so I am not expecting her to show greatly. I sincerely doubt that she is too skinny. She takes good care of herself with diet and exercise and seems to be interested in having a happy healthy baby.

Closed Thread