The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Who do you think that Marry and Frederick will pick as godparents ?

I think that Crownprince Felipe and Crownprincess Victoria will make a good chance

Old 08-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Nobility

One of the members of the Greek Royal Family?

Also wasn't Fred Haakon best man? Maybe Haakon or Mette-Marit will be godparents. Any Dutch royalty?

Old 08-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

maybe Joachim and Alexandra? If not, then i would think someone from the Greek royal family too.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Courtier

I found this site in billedbladet, does anyone can tell me what is the pol about; thanks.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=1782
Old 08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I found this site in billedbladet, does anyone can tell me what is the pol about; thanks.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=1782
Busy Crown Princess?
Um, they talk about how busy the crown princess is. and the poll is asking if she is too busy, I think.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt
Busy Crown Princess?
Um, they talk about how busy the crown princess is. and the poll is asking if she is too busy, I think.
Thanks alot GömdNatt.......

Just wondered if it is a very serious pol or just like the one in hello magazine which everybody can vote as many as they want
Old 08-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Serene Highness

it seems to be something like Hello Magazine. Not really serious in the sense that you can vote as much as you want (or so it would seem... )
Old 08-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

I think that Joachim and Crown Prince Haakon stand a good chance of being asked to be godparents. As for godmothers, Crown Princess Victoria and maybe Princess Alexandra Wittgenstein Berleburg.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloma
I think that Joachim and Crown Prince Haakon stand a good chance of being asked to be godparents. As for godmothers, Crown Princess Victoria and maybe Princess Alexandra Wittgenstein Berleburg.
Excellent choices! I agree with all of them. I also think Gustqav might be a good choice, and someone from Mary's side... perhaps one of her sisters? Or one of their friends.....
Old 08-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Commoner

How many godparents can Mary's child have?
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Crown Prince Fred and Crown Princess Mary already chose godparents for couple's first baby its not my idea! you would read in Hello articles you wouldnt believe it!

Prince Fred chose his best friend as godfather and Princess Mary chose friend from Australia as godmother and im not sure what another more for couple's first baby

Princess Mary in the Pink at fairytale launch
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../princessmary/

Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 AM
Aristocracy

They have not made the choice of godparents known publicly, even if they have been chosen.
You can't go by Hello magazine. It is technically a gossip magazine. SORRY!
Old 08-25-2005, 02:25 AM
Aristocracy

She looks gorgeous!
Old 08-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasl
Sometimes with pictures, we don't know really when it was taken: if it was taken before or after a particular act etc.
Yes it could happen. Btw I found video clips about Mary in the museum, then we can see what has happened with Mary at the time.

Mary seems like to pull her skirt little bit to get a comfortable seat (some people also do that then nothing strange with it in my opinion). At the first time she did not pull it too much (she did seat in proper as also appeared in some photograph) but when somebody (photographer???) asked her to stay a while on the chair for some more photo shots (just my guess since I don’t understand Danish:)) she did their demand with back to the chair in quick then she (seems to) was not aware about the skirt (what an accident since she must know that this time she is there for photograph and video camera shot). That is what I understood from the clip.

http://www.infocast.dk/eb/launch.php?id=1529 click on hér then click
22.08.2005: - Mary besøger udstilling
Or you also can find it here…
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/ click Video fra Ritzau, or just click
Mary på Thorvaldsens museum
Old 08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Commoner

What do you think of Mary so far?

I’ve just recently read previous threads that existed in 2002-2003 before Mary’s marriage to Frederik and it seems to me that a lot of people back then were very critical of her. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and respect that. I guess what I’m trying to say is that for all those in the past (those who have criticize her pre marriage) to voice their opinion on her now and whether they still have negative opinion on her.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Courtier

For me, it wasn't as if I didn't like Mary, but I was apprehensive about her. Looking at her pictures before she married Frederik and before she officially became his fiancee, she looked stern and severe to me. Now, she's more relaxed in her new role and motherhood-to-be really becomes her. Now, I didn't like Letizia when they announced her engagement with Felipe and I still don't like her. Something smelled fishy with the extremely quick courtship of Felipe and Letizia versus the long one of Frederik and Mary.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
For me, it wasn't as if I didn't like Mary, but I was apprehensive about her. Looking at her pictures before she married Frederik and before she officially became his fiancee, she looked stern and severe to me. Now, she's more relaxed in her new role and motherhood-to-be really becomes her. Now, I didn't like Letizia when they announced her engagement with Felipe and I still don't like her. Something smelled fishy with the extremely quick courtship of Felipe and Letizia versus the long one of Frederik and Mary.
agree with evrything u said...am given Mary few more years to improve. Am hoping she'll grow on me eventually...perhaps I judge her to quickly. As far as Letizia...she stilll appears to be distant to me. theres something not right about her but i cant put my finger on it.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Courtier

I think some people were critical of her for other reasons than the way she looked. Many of which were not very nice and had no basis in fact about it. But hopefully we have all moved on. Mary is amazing and has handled her transition very well. She is by far my favorite Crown Princess. I think in the very beginning (and Mary has admitted this) she was extremely nervous. But she has adjusted. And now is very happy. Plus being followed by the paparazzi can be very daunting at first. As for Letizia, I don't follow her closely. But I have heard that the Spanish Royal Family is very rigid and protocol oriented. She may have had to surpress a part of her personality. I only hope if this is true that she does not end up like Masako. Who I still worry about.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
As for Letizia, I don't follow her closely. But I have heard that the Spanish Royal Family is very rigid and protocol oriented.
yes I also heard about that. I also don't follow Letizia closely, but I read in royal Spanish thread that her Father in-law (who some refer him as "the big boss") is really strict with royal family member....

Mary, Maxima and Mathilde (may be Mette?) seem to have a different situation to Letizia' and Masako'. I have no doubt that Letizia and Masako are not able to represent fully of their talent and capability because of very strict royal protocol. Letizia and Masako have proofed that they are intelligent and independent ladies even before marrying their husband.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Aristocracy

Comparing Letizia and Mary is just totally unfair. They are two entirely different women in two VERY different monarchies.
I think that Mary has been given much more freedom which has made it easier to transition into her role as Crown Princess of Denmark. However, with Letizia, I feel that her true personality has been stifled or pushed into the closet. I also do not think that there was anything fishy with regards to her quick engagement. Instead of letting the papparazzi savage her due to her previous divorce, they had to move quickly due to the conservative nature of the spanish monarchy. I don't think that this would have been an issue in the scandinavian countries.(MM is the perfect example)
Mary is doing well in her role and Frederik is obviously smitten with her, and that is what counts. Hopefully, they will make great parents.

Closed Thread