The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Nobility

more pics in the Frederiksborg Castle Gardens in Hillerød :)

from starface
http://62.23.125.151/wimsol_starface/

Old 08-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

New pics of Mary (from Hola.com).
In the third pic she's receiving a poney for her next baby :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mary4.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	183398  
Attached Images

Old 08-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the photos Regina. That's cute people are giving her things for the baby. The second pic is really lovely.

Old 08-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle
Thanks for the photos Regina. That's cute people are giving her things for the baby. The second pic is really lovely.
Glad you like it, Danielle! And I agree with you: Mary is just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in the second pic.

I don't like her dress much but she's really happy! I like to see happy persons! :)
Old 08-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I don't like her dress much but she's really happy! I like to see happy persons! :)
I agree with you, the dress wasn't great, but she looked very happy, pregnancy definetely suits her!:)
Old 08-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Commoner

She looks a little bit pale (maybe because of the colours of the dress ... maye because of the pregnancy) but yes, she really looks very, very happy!! I would have at least 4-5 children if I look like Mary during my pregnancy ;-)))
Old 08-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
Glad you like it, Danielle! And I agree with you: Mary is just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L in the second pic.
Yeah, Regina, I agree with you completely !

Mary is a very radiant and beautiful pregnant princess ! She does really enjoy her pregnancy !

Mary is definitely giving a whole new notion to pregancy fashion ! Great !

Amen :p
Old 08-22-2005, 02:50 AM

Can anyone confirm a story I came across about an interview that Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were giving whilst on holiday in France whereby Prince Henrik stated that he believed CPM was "too thin"
and he apparently also said "that if you didnt know she was pregnant, you'd never have thought she was expecting".
I'm just another person jumping on the band wagon that everyone else appears to and suggesting that she does seem a little on the thin side to be at 7 months. Although babies do tend have growth spurts during the last couple of months and we may yet see CPM expand a little more by the time she gives birth. I was one of those people that that happened to!!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredhousewife
Can anyone confirm a story I came across about an interview that Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were giving whilst on holiday in France whereby Prince Henrik stated that he believed CPM was "too thin"
and he apparently also said "that if you didnt know she was pregnant, you'd never have thought she was expecting".
I'm just another person jumping on the band wagon that everyone else appears to and suggesting that she does seem a little on the thin side to be at 7 months. Although babies do tend have growth spurts during the last couple of months and we may yet see CPM expand a little more by the time she gives birth. I was one of those people that that happened to!!
I havent heard of this before, what interview was this? what magazine or paper? thanks :)
Old 08-22-2005, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness

I was thinking that when I saw the pics a little while ago. This is no time to watch your weight.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
I havent heard of this before, what interview was this? what magazine or paper? thanks :)
I'm not really sure where I read it, I'm new to these forums and have been crazily trying to catch up on all the threads that I can't remember. I know it was a little while ago though. Its been on my mind for a bit now, so I decided to join the forum to see if anyone else had heard about it.
I was also wondering it this was actually true if it was reported in the danish newspapers/mags or elsewhere in europe. I quite often look up the danish mags/newspapers on the net even though I cant read them but there didnt appear to be any info about this. Mind you anything printed by the media can be taken with a pinch of salt as they dont always appear to be concerned with printing the truth anyway (if ever!!).
Old 08-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Courtier

I don't think she's "thin"... but her belly is clearly not bulging like some people's do when pregnant. I think it just depends on the woman, doesn't it? Like for example we've heard of teenagers who have had babies and no-ne even suspected they were pregnant.

But seriously, look at mary! Did you see the pics of her and Fred at that beach? She is clearly pregnant, and she has a behind too! Hahaha.... I think though that she knows how to dress during pregnancy (or Anja does!)... like when she wore that black top with the white skirt (with black band at the bottom) to the opening of CIFF.... she didn't look remotely pregnant there! I think it had something to do with wearing black, and lyering and stuff like that.

It's all about creating illusions with your clothes. I mean just look at her.... does she look stick thin like Victoria Beckham did a while back? Also, and I mention this only for comparison (and not to disparage) but Mary doesn't even look thinner than Letizia (except for the belly) or Alex did during her pregnancy.... it's just that Mary's stomach isn't as extended.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Majesty

i'm really surprised of the so many engagements mary got engaged just after finishing her holidays... seems a really hard work for a pregnant person! fred should really be with her and not let her do all this work alone... with all she has done it's normal she will become more popular than him shortly...

the dress wasn't definetely the best option. does anyone know who designed that one? is it probably another prada or m. birger?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-22-2005, 09:49 AM
Courtier

She hasn't been wearing Prada clothes... maybe prada accessories here and there, but can't remember the last time she wore a dress by a non-Danish designer (well I suppose I don't really know much about fashion)...
Old 08-22-2005, 11:09 AM

Another reason she might not be showing as much is if she is long waisted. Short waisted women tend to look very pregnant, very quickly. But the longer your torso is, the more room the baby has up before it has to go out. I have no idea if CP Mary is particularly long waisted or not, but it is a possibility.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

August 22, 2005: Crown Princess Mary visited an exhibition at the Thorvaldsens Museum

www.polfoto.dk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ch139619_guest.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	183795   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch139620_guest.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	183796   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch139621_guest.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	183797   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch139622_guest.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	183798  

Name:	ch139623_guest.jpg
Views:	2010
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	183799   Click image for larger version

Name:	ch139624_guest.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	183800  
Old 08-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Commoner

The last pics is gorgeous!!! It shows a beautiful, healthy, optimistic and happy expectant mother ... she is one with the world and with her baby!

Some styling remarks ;-) : the bag isn't a good fit ...
Old 08-22-2005, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

I think Mary looks fabulous during pregnancy. But I do not like this dress very much. I think the flower print is very distracting and her hair up in a ponytail isn't very flattering with the dress.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=183795

I personally thought this dress looked better...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=6944
(The one at the Children's Theatre Festival)
It looks very comfortable.

Thanks everyone for the pics! :)

Mary does know how to dress when she's pregnant. At certain angles you can't really tell.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

I too don't like the dress so much and certainly not the shoes. This ensemble would have looked better at the garden engagement and the brown dress and hat on that day have been more appropriate today. Oh well, to each her own.
But she seems happy and healthy and that is what counts IMO.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics...

www.bt.dk
Attached Images

Closed Thread