Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i really don´t like what she´s wearing today...

Thi said:
I’ve just recently read previous threads that existed in 2002-2003 before Mary’s marriage to Frederik and it seems to me that a lot of people back then were very critical of her. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and respect that. I guess what I’m trying to say is that for all those in the past (those who have criticize her pre marriage) to voice their opinion on her now and whether they still have negative opinion on her.

I did'nt like Mary as I first "saw" her and I still do not like her . To me, she seems fake and I think that all that she's doing is because she is an attention-seeker . I'm sorry to say this, and I know that she has a lot of "fans", but I'm not even sure that she truly loves her husband . I'm sorry if my opinion is shocking to some people :) . I din't like Letizia either at the biginning but I've changed completely my mind and she's now one of my favourite princesses . She looks kind and nice . But ...no comparison between the two ...;) :)

Anita said:
I did'nt like Mary as I first "saw" her and I still do not like her . To me, she seems fake and I think that all that she's doing is because she is an attention-seeker . I'm sorry to say this, and I know that she has a lot of "fans", but I'm not even sure that she truly loves her husband . I'm sorry if my opinion is shocking to some people :) . I din't like Letizia either at the biginning but I've changed completely my mind and she's now one of my favourite princesses . She looks kind and nice . But ...no comparison between the two ...;) :)

What makes you think that Mary only does her public appearances because she likes being photographed?

Why do you belive that she may not even love Fred? Do you think that continuing a relationship with Fred after they met in Australia and marrying him was only because Mary wanted to have the attention given to her that a Crown Princess would certainly receive? :confused:

I am just wondering how you have drawn your conclusions.

Isabel said:
What makes you think that Mary only does her public appearances because she likes being photographed?

Why do you belive that she may not even love Fred? Do you think that continuing a relationship with Fred after they met in Australia and marrying him was only because Mary wanted to have the attention given to her that a Crown Princess would certainly receive? :confused:

I am just wondering how you have drawn your conclusions.

When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions . And I readily admit that I can be wrong . But it's my impression about Mary and I can'y really say what's wrong with her to me . But just to give you an example : when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . But, please, don't tell me you never have impressions about people .:)

Anita said:
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions . And I readily admit that I can be wrong . But it's my impression about Mary and I can'y really say what's wrong with her to me . But just to give you an example : when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . But, please, don't tell me you never have impressions about people .:)

I didn't say that I didn't have impressions about people. I asked you a few simple questions on how you came to your conclusion. I didn't ridicule you for it, so please do not so to me for asking a few questions.

If you are going to make statements along those lines, then you should expect for someone if not several people to ask questions. It's bound to happen.

However, I do form impressions about people, but the ones that you have formed about Mary seem to be extremely personal and your judgement really appears conclusive. Usually, I can only make these types of inferences from impressions that are based on face to face meetings and actually being in that person's presence for some time. But, that's just me.

Anita said:
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions ..... when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . .:)

Impressions are very difficult to make based on photographs alone. They are often difficult to make upon a direct meeting with someone, and I doubt you have ever seen Mary in person! Maybe Mary is the kind of woman who keeps her emotions more private, and there's nothing wrong with that. The media is certainly prying into every area of her life- I wouldn't blame her one bit if she wanted to keep the intimate relationship she has with her husband between just the two of them. If she really was an attention seeker, there would have been LOTS of leaks about their relationship to the media before there actually were. That obviously was not the case.

Myabe have another look at the photos in this forum for a second opinion.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6951

I think there's quite a bit of affection between them.

Do you really think that Frederick, who could have married any woman in the world, would have chosen a woman who he was not 100% certain loved him very much as well?

Eliza

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/87302004.htm

Royal News Denmark's Princess Mary's baby bump

August 25, 2005, 1:21:13
000000blank.jpg
Denmark's Princess Mary showed off her baby bump recently on a visit to a museum in Copenhagen.

The 33-year-old looked radiant and in good health as she arrived at Thorvalsden Museum in Copenhagen, with her bump clearly visible under her summer dress.

Frederik has gone through, what, eight girlfriends? So I'm fairly sure he knew A True Thing when he saw it.;)

"To me, she seems fake and I think that all that she's doing is because she is an attention-seeker "
I'm just curious on why you think she is an attention-seeker or fake? Is it because she seems happy in her pictures? If she was an attention-seeker, wouldn't the Danes along with the Royal Family know. Since the Royal Family has been in the public eye for all their lives, wouldn't they know whether Mary is using them or not, whether Mary loves Fred or not and if she was using him for the attention? And if attention was her motive, I don't think the Queen would give her blessing. To say Mary is a fake, isnt in a sense you're dissing the Queen and Frederik's judgement. I hope I don't sound rude or mean but am just curious...
Have a nice day

azile1710 said:
Impressions are very difficult to make based on photographs alone. They are often difficult to make upon a direct meeting with someone, and I doubt you have ever seen Mary in person! Maybe Mary is the kind of woman who keeps her emotions more private, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think there's quite a bit of affection between them.

Do you really think that Frederick, who could have married any woman in the world, would have chosen a woman who he was not 100% certain loved him very much as well?

Eliza

How a person reads a picture is often based on her background and her culture. For a person from a «latin» background (latin here including people speaking French, Italian, Spanish, etc), Mary - who is not from a latin culture - may seem like a reserved and sometimes cold person, just because of the way she smiles or carry herself. If we compare smiling pictures of Mary, Stéphanie, Maxima, Letizia, etc... Mary would not be the only one giving us a «fresh» impression.

Now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred.

Princess BellyFlop said:
How a person reads a picture is often based on her background and her culture. For a person from a «latin» background (latin here including people speaking French, Italian, Spanish, etc), Mary - who is not from a latin culture - may seem like a reserved and sometimes cold person, just because of the way she smiles or carry herself. If we compare smiling pictures of Mary, Stéphanie, Maxima, Letizia, etc... Mary would not be the only one giving us a «fresh» impression.

Now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred.

What do u mean "now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred"?

Thi said:
What do u mean "now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred"?

That sentence is directly related to the previous paragraph of my post in which I explained why Mary could sometimes look as a cold person to some of us:eek: . I am not the only one having this feeling. If you read Anita's post you will see that she has similar impressions.

Anita said:
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions ..... when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . .:)"

Last edited:
Princess Bellyflop, and others, do u guys draw conclusion/impression on Mary based on only photos?

just wondering :)

While I don't agree with your comments, I believe we are all entitled to our own opinions. I think it is hard to judge from pictures, and I don't know how you would know if you have never met them, but, again, you are entitled to your opinions and that's why we have freedom of speech.

I like Mary very much. Mary is a very confident and independent princess. She has a warm heart and outgoing personality. She is very sweet, caring, down to earth and compassionate. :p

In particular, I like the way how Mary interacts with people proactively. She does always smile, go and talk to people and shake their hands and greet them small, young or old. When Mary and Frederik visited Sydney this year, I went to see them at the Opera House. I was very impressed by Mary's warmth, friedliness and compassion. Mary took her time to meet and greet almost everyone there! She seemed very patient, caring, compassionate and considerate towards others. In fact. Mary's hand is very warm and soft! :D

Mary is a very good ambassador for Denmark and is doing a great job as a Crown Princess of Denmark. We are sooooo proud of Mary's hard work, good work and her dedication to her role.
clap.gif

Well done ! Mary !
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Indeed, I am soooooo happy that Frederik has chosen Mary as his Crown Princess. They are sooooooooo affectionate and " in love " and have " unbelievable chemistry " between them. Frederik and Mary are a dream couple and a great team. They compliment each other very well.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

May GOD bless Frederik and Mary and Denmark for ever and ever !!!!!! :p

Amen

Last edited:
azile1710 said:
Impressions are very difficult to make based on photographs alone. They are often difficult to make upon a direct meeting with someone, and I doubt you have ever seen Mary in person! Maybe Mary is the kind of woman who keeps her emotions more private, and there's nothing wrong with that. The media is certainly prying into every area of her life- I wouldn't blame her one bit if she wanted to keep the intimate relationship she has with her husband between just the two of them. If she really was an attention seeker, there would have been LOTS of leaks about their relationship to the media before there actually were. That obviously was not the case.
Eliza

That is very true. For instance if we are going to keep using the Danish Royal Family as an example then who could have read from the photos of Joachim and Alex attending a wedding the weekend before their separation and plans for divorce were announced that they had already decided to end their marriage? Even at Fred and Mary's wedding the two appeared to be having a good time and we now know that the decision had been made as far back as then. It's not that they were faking or that they are even faking now. They appear to genuinely be friends who are fond of each other. Still we couldn't tell that the marriage would ever end based on the the numerous photographs of them together during this period. Just as we can't tell now how two people who still appear to get along so well had to end their marriage.

It is really hard to make these decisions and form impression based on photographs. With photographs things can really go both ways. People can be even happier than they appear because they are holding back from the public due to shyness or trying to maintain some privacy. People can also appear happy and be miserable, and they can literally be as they appear to be. But, unless you really know someone, it is really hard to tell. Sometimes you think you know someone and you don't know them at all.

Thi said:
Princess Bellyflop, and others, do u guys draw conclusion/impression on Mary based on only photos?

NO, I won't speak for the others but I also read the text that often comes with the photos! :D

Last edited:
Impressions from photos can be accurate as long as you're talking about being reserved vs. being passionate. And yes, I agree, that Mary is more reserved than passionate.

Being reserved myself, I don't necessarily think reserved means not loving. I definitely don't think being reserved means being an attention-seeker. The two traits aren't usually found in the same person. Reserved people are uncomfortable with attention.

We tend to like or dislike others based on how we are. I personally never liked Diana because her showy emotions seemed fake and manipulative but then that's the natural reaction of a reserved person when confronted with an effusive personality. I'm sure a passionate person would have equally strong reactions against a more reserved person.

ysbel said:
Impressions from photos can be accurate as long as you're talking about being reserved vs. being passionate. And yes, I agree, that Mary is more reserved than passionate.

We tend to like or dislike others based on how we are.

Exactly!

ysbel said:
I personally never liked Diana because her showy emotions seemed fake and manipulative but then that's the natural reaction of a reserved person when confronted with an effusive personality. I'm sure a passionate person would have equally strong reactions against a more reserved person.

I don't share your opinions on Diana and Mary but I respect them. It's probably the fault of my passionate little devil!

Thi said:

If some others can say that they LIKE Mary based on their judgements of PHOTOS then why can others who do NOT LIKE Mary make the same judgement based on PHOTOS???
You can judge someone by photos if only you LIKE them? But it's not okay if you judge them but don't like them??? :confused:

I agree, we have to respect others opinions, but I disagree with everyone who is judging Mary based on pictures...There just isn't any way to know exactly if someone is cold or nice just by looking at a photo. However, assumptions can be made, and people do it all of the time. I personally believe that Mary is just as warm and receiving as she can be, but there does appear to be some reservations on her part. I, too, know what is like to be reserved.

Vicomtesse said:
If some others can say that they LIKE Mary based on their judgements of PHOTOS then why can others who do NOT LIKE Mary make the same judgement based on PHOTOS???
You can judge someone by photos if only you LIKE them? But it's not okay if you judge them but don't like them??? :confused:

This is only my view on the matter (and it might seem very strange to some people) but I've always thought that you must have more proof and a stronger reason before you can say or do something negative as opposed to when you say or do something positive.

By way of example (and this is not a perfect analaogy I know, but it shows the different thresholds that need to be satisfied for different things), in criminal cases, one must show that the accused is guilty beyond reasonable doubt (if there is reasonable doubt as to the guilt of the person, then person is not guilty) whereas in civil cases (non-payment of debts etc) it's only on the balance of probabilities (a person may be found guilty even if there is some doubt as to their guilt, as long as the evidence weighed together tend to indicate that theperson is guilty rather than innocent) . In the same way, I think you must have more proof to back up your argument before you can say "that person is manipulative" before a person can say "that person is warm and caring". Negative and positive views are (to me anyway) not the same thing (one is hurtful and one is supportive), and this necessitates the different treatment.

So applying the above to drawing conclusions about a person based on pictures, I would say that it's okay to draw positive impressions and say something positive about a person based on pictures, but not draw highly personal and negative views about a person based on how a person appears in photos/ clips.

Last edited:
interesting:)....Thanks for answering my question....Have a nice day :) :)

In my opinion.... i think that when negative words are directed toward someone, that there should be evidence to support as oppose to positive because with negative words, it usually attacks the receiving end (I hope that makes somewhat sense). I was always taught that if I have nothing nice to say I shouldnt say anything at all. But that is just me :). However I do believe in constructive criticism. hope i didnt upset anyone with this :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Myabe have another look at the photos in this forum for a second opinion.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...read.php?t=6951

I think there's quite a bit of affection between them.

I completely agree with you!!! I love the fact that Mary kisses Fred in public and often makes the first move to do so. It's very charming. I think that she truly is in love with Fred.

Isabel said:
Usually, I can only make these types of inferences from impressions that are based on face to face meetings and actually being in that person's presence for some time. But, that's just me.

Yes, but you seem to like Mary . If I follow your reasoning, I have to ask you why you like Mary, when you have never met her ?

azile1710 said:

Eliza

Fred was and is surely very in love with Mary . So, when you're in love, you're often blind ...:)

Vicomtesse said:

I completely agree . That's a funny thing ...:D ;)

sommone said:
I personally believe that Mary is just as warm and receiving as she can be, but there does appear to be some reservations on her part. I, too, know what is like to be reserved.

I don't agree . It is not because you're reserved that you look necessarily not nice . Princess Letizia is the perfect example for that : she looks as reserved as Mary BUT, to me, she DOES look nice and has some kindness in her face's expressions . Whereas Mary does not have this kindness . But, again, it's only MY impressions .:)

Anita said:
Fred was and is surely very in love with Mary . So, when you're in love, you're often blind ...:)

It's not only love that's blind.... a little thing called ... ooo, better not say it... *whistles*:p

Man we're all going around in circles! :p Personally, I can't understand how some people can be bothered to waste their precious time cultivating these negative thoughts about someone that, for the most part, don't have any impact on their real life. Now if someone arouses positive feelings in you, then I can understand - you can use that positivity in your real life... but negative feelings? Why would I need any of that?

I also don't understand why people continue to treat negative and positive views as being the same thing... they are not the same! You may be justified in using something trivial to support positive comments since it does no harm, but you need more in order to justify your negative comments. Otherwise people will read your posts and go "hmmm, weird... wonder why she's so negative towards that person".

O well!!:D

Anita said:
I don't agree . It is not because you're reserved that you look necessarily not nice . Princess Letizia is the perfect example for that : she looks as reserved as Mary BUT, to me, she DOES look nice and has some kindness in her face's expressions . Whereas Mary does not have this kindness . But, again, it's only MY impressions .:)

You know, sometimes I find that if I think about it enough, you can find out why you feel that way towards a person.

So what is it about her that you dislike?

For some reason, I think that some of the menace shown towards Mary is due to some people thinking that Mary is a threat to their own favourite... that and because they liked Fred before and now he's out of reach.

End rant. ;)

I thought we were free to say what we want on this board . Apparently not, I see . Or is it only on the "Crown Princess Mary" thread ?? Anyway, for your information, I don't spend my life criticising Mary, for who, in fact, I have really no interest . And I didn't come to this thread to criticize her, I just happened to answer a question about whether our opininon of Mary has changed or not . So I've just said that mine has not changed, that's all . So, sorry if I offended someone, but I have the right to have AND say my opinion . Just as others do with, for example, Mette-Marit who I like very much, and there is a lot of criticism towards her !! But I accept it because we all have opinions and it's normal to say it and do discuss with other people, even if you don't agree with them . So, no hard feelings !:) :) :)

I really believe that we should be free to say what we think here as long as its not defamatory or totally way out there and I don't think anyone is doing that here. None of us knows any of the royals (at least I don't THINK so :p ) so all we can do is speculate. And I don't think everything we say should be positive then it starts sounding like a fan club and that doesn't interest me. I've said a couple of negative things about Mary but it doesn't mean I don't like her.

When I searched for a rumour I heard about another royal I found that one member had deleted all his posts on the subject. That was very disappointing. I would have liked to be the judge of whether I agreed or disagreed whether it was good or bad.

What impresses me is that people here are very good about explaining why they come to this or that conclusion. It makes the tone of the discussion very civil and very entertaining and very educational. Other boards are not so lucky.

In a way I agree with Anita. If I may venture to suggest why Anita gets the impression Mary is not in love with Fred.
Mary is definitely deeply in love with Fred-Crown Prince Frederick. But she would probably not have been so in love had he been only Fred the Plumber.
I can explain why I feel this way (but it´s only my personal feelings, too, so don´t get mad).
In interviews, Mary kept emphasising she didn´t know Fred was a CP; and all the blah blah about the person is more important, not that he´s a CP...
You know, like when drunkards say "I´m not drunk!" even when they can´t even stand on their feet anymore.
But it´s not only Mary;I´ll bet all the princesses married into royal families wouldn´t have been so interested, had those princes only been average Joes. I´ll be the first to admit I´ll also fall in love with a prince, given the chance!

Maxima is deeply in love with WA and if she had not married him, she would have married someone wealthy and successful because that is the crowd she socialized with. Him being a crown prince had nothing to do with her marrying him. Given the stressful situation she found herself in, due to her fathers past, if she had not loved WA she could/would have easily run away!

Letizia was successful and known in Spain long before Felipe came along.

Mathilde was expected to marry well as she came from a certain background.(aristocratic)

Mette-Marit is a surprise to all. I don't think that anyone can explain that marriage other than Haakon stepping away from tradition and fighting for what he wanted. However, Scandinavia is much more liberal than for instance Spain, where that would have never happened. I also don't think that Mette-Marit was all that thrilled about being a princess in the beginning. I personally think that she found it to be an impediment to her relationship.

As for Mary, I don't buy the fact that she did not know that Fred was a prince. I think that she had every intention of marrying well, as I don't think that WORK is a strong suit of hers. Her resume is rather thin for someone her age. Her social climbing is just way to obvious to me. Mette-Marit is not educated and does not have a strong work history, but she never took a deportment class and never acted or pretended to be something she was not. JMO. I think that Mary had no direction and Fred provided an out to real world responsibilities: rent, long term job etc. Yes, she has to work now by going to engagements and cutting ribbons etc. but with all of the princess perks, she does not mind!:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom