The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots for the new pictures of Crown Princess Mary. I love the picture of Mary with the small puppy most.It's so sweet picture.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennyllorac
Great pictures! Actually Mary doesn't come across as cold to me. She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.
Very well said! I agree with you 100%. Well done !

It seems to me that Mary is a very confident and independent princess. She has a warm heart and outgoing personality. She is very sweet, caring, down to earth and compassionate. I like Mary very much. :p

In particular, I like the way how Mary interacts with people proactively. She does always smile, go and talk to people and shake their hands and greet them small, young or old. When Mary and Frederik visited Sydney this year, I went to see them at Opera House. I was very impressed by Mary's warmth, friedliness and compassion. Mary took her time to meet and greet almost everyone there! She seemed very patient, caring, compassionate and considerate towards others. In fact. Mary's hand is very warm and soft!

Mary is a very good ambassador for Denmark and is doing a great job as a Crown Princess of Denmark. We are sooooo proud of Mary's hard work, good work and her dedication to her role.

Well done ! Mary !

Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.
Yes, that's what I was trying to get at!! (wasted paragraphs trying to describe it and you did it in one sentence. Great job *thumbsup* )

I just had a quick look at the DRF calendar.... o my, Mary fans will be over the moon! There are 27 events listed there right now, and Mary's in 11 of them! Considering that she's 7 months pregnant, and she's doing more than the other non-pregnant members, to me indicates that Mary's pregnancy is going ok! (not to disparage the other members of course, but just showing that Mary's doing ok with 2 months to go).

Anyway, I always thought before that Mary was painstakingly doing the research and laying the groundwork for the things she was going to be involved in before (and she herself recognised and affirmed this when she said that she needed to know more about causes she will be supporting as it will be for life). She has now done her research, chosen (most of) her causes, that she's taking part in them. Also, we know that she attends non-official meetings (i.e. press not invited or told of it) as we have seen some pics taken by non-media people and the event is not listed on the calendar.

Oh yeah check this out (it's in Danish though)... Mary's schedule for the second half of August:

21/ 08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved åbningen af Den Internationale Børneteaterfestival ”Caravanen” på Slagelse Teater, kl. 19.00
22/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger udstilling på Thorvaldsens Museum, kl. 15.30
24/08 : D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessen overværer gallakoncert i Radiohusets Koncertsal, som en del af DR Radiosymfoniorkestrets officielle H.C. Andersen fejring, kl. 20.00
25/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i fejring af Det Danske Kulturinstituts 15 års jubilæum i Letland, kl. 19.00
26/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen er til stede ved en reception i anledning af Geelsgårdskolens 50 års jubilæum i Virum, kl. 12.00
27/08 : Kronprinsparret er til stede ved Red Barnets 60 års jubilæums-koncertarrangement på Eksercérpladsen foran Rosenborg Slot, kl. 19.00
29 / 08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen aflægger besøg hos Dansk Flygtningehjælps frivillige arbejde, Netværksgruppen på Nørrebro – Frivillighuset, Nørrebrogade 32, København, kl. 14.00
29/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen modtager som protektor Julemærkefonden i Chr. VIII’s Palæ, Amalienborg, for præsentation af årets julemærke, kl. 15.30
31/08 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen åbner Dalgas Skolens arrangement ”Kys Frøen” under Århus Festuge som protektor for Landsforeningen SIND. Arrangementet finder sted i Musikhuset i Århus, kl. 11.00
1/9 : H.K.H. Kronprinsessen navngiver den nye rose ”Kronprinsesse Mary” hos Poulsen Roser A/S i Fredensborg, kl. 13.00
Old 08-20-2005, 12:07 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Dear All

Credit to GrandDuches who translated Frederik and Mary's schedule for the second half of August at Royal Danish Calendar as below :

Past Danish Royal Family Calendars: August 2005 to December 2015

Many thanks to GrandDuchess for your hard work ! Much appreciated ! :p

Cheers :p
Old 08-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=58368

Danish royal visit cost $350,000

18:28 AEST Thu Aug 18 2005
AAP
Crown Princess Mary's visit home to Australia in March cost taxpayers almost $350,000, new figures show.

The federal government paid more than $115,000 on travel for the former Tasmanian real estate agent and her husband, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, during the 13-day trip in February and March this year.

Accommodation for the royal couple and their bodyguards - also provided by the Australian government - cost more than $62,000.
While I understand the complaints, the increase in tourism dollars going both ways and increased interest in Australia in Denmark and Denmark in Australia will vastly overshadow the costs of this one trip.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
While I understand the complaints, the increase in tourism dollars going both ways and increased interest in Australia in Denmark and Denmark in Australia will vastly overshadow the costs of this one trip.
Very beautifully stated ! I completely agreed with you.

I am so glad to see for once that definitely my taxes monies are being well spent on something that I totally agree with !!!!!!! :p

Frederik and Mary's marriage and their visit to Australia this year have brought me and some of Australians with great joy and happiness.

I am soooooo happy that Frederik has chosen Mary as his Crown Princess. They are so affectionate and " in love ". Frederik and Mary are a dream couple and a great team. They compliment each other very well.

May GOD bless Frederik and Mary and Denmark and Australia for ever and ever !!!!!! :p

Amen :p

Old 08-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
Very beautifully stated ! I completely agreed with you. :p

I am so glad to see for once that definitely my taxes monies are being well spent on something that I totally agree with !!!!!!! :p
Thank you. It´s always nice to hear that others have the same opinion as yourself. Yes, of course. More royal trips to Australia!
Old 08-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Actually Mary doesn't come across as cold to me. She comse across as being serene and sure of herself.

I agree Ennyllorac. I don't see anything "cold" about Mary either, and there is definitely nothing wrong with someone being sure of themselves.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
Frederik and Mary's marriage and their visit in Australia this year have brought me and some of Australians with great joy and happiness.

It was pretty good, huh?! I thought at first that it would only be royal watchers (like us) who would be interested in the visit... that people would follow the visit through message boards such as this, but heaps of people went to see them in real life. And everyone - the newspapers, television stations, etc - followed their visit. It reminded me of the Sydney 200 Olympics in a way - people across Sydney shared this one common interest. I thought it was all pretty exciting. :)
Old 08-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Aristocracy

Pictures from BT showing how warmth,caring and compassionate Mary is not only to people but animals as well.

Old 08-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony
Pictures from BT showing how warmth,caring and compassionate Mary is not only to people but animals as well.

Thanks you lots Harmony.Great pictures.

More pictures from Abaca Press America:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	393783.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	182538   Click image for larger version

Name:	393784.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	182539   Click image for larger version

Name:	393785.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	182540   Click image for larger version

Name:	393786.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	182541  

Click image for larger version

Name:	393787.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	182542   Click image for larger version

Name:	393788.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	182543   Click image for larger version

Name:	393789.jpg
Views:	461
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	182544  
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 08-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Courtier

Forget Mary (sorry mary).... that little puppy is sooooo gorgeous!!!!
Old 08-20-2005, 02:52 AM
Majesty

Yes, she is sharing the spotlight with a really cute puppy there.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
More pictures from Abaca Press America:
I like her simple dress (and hat) and their colour. Btw, if i don't do mistake, the cute puppy is the same kind of Alexandra' Oscar! So, do you think she is going to adopt another dog for her future child ?
Old 08-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Courtier

I really love that dog - soooo cute and docile!

But I think Ziggy's right for the crown prince couple though. They can have a docile dog later on in life, but right now, they need a hyper active one like Ziggy!!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary looks fantastic as usual.

She's got a natural grace, and a calm kind of confidence that makes it a joy to watch her. Lucky Danes !
Old 08-20-2005, 08:26 AM
Royal Highness

Wondeful pics. Fynally Mary start look pregnat.
I am loveing her stayl.
Just now other dog for Mary?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony

Lovely princess, lovely hat, lovely dress, cute puppy.... but that necklace... it's .. I don't know what it is!!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Heir Apparent

I must say that I'm very impressed by Crown Princess Mary's hectic schedule! She is so far into her pregnancy, and yet she is the most hardworking person in the Royal Family right now. I'm also a bit surpised that Fredik doesn't have more in his schedule, but maybe when the baby will be born he will do more and Mary might have a little time out or so, or at least take it very easy and spend time with the baby.

I'm translating the calendar, you can see it here.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:03 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for translating the DFR calendar, GrandDuches :)

Yes, a bit suprising NO CP Frederick on the calendar often, hopefully that will change.

Closed Thread