Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonlightrhapsody said:
Dennis, I can't access them.

Mary looks more relaxed in her role now; she has a natural feel to her. Her smiles aren't forced and her body language is exhuding confidence. Brava to her.
That's because botox made her relaxed more. When somebody mentioned it, I did not believe it, but now I perked up every time she looked up, and sure enough. The pictures from London, Germany, and now several events of the charity shows, she got pictures of looking up. Hey, unmovable eyebrows and bugger eyes. I don't know why she needs it, she's only 32. When she looked up, she couldn't wrinkle, couln't bend her eyebrows, it stays zombie kind of look. She can look down or straight without being weird, but look up is just beyond her. I suspect several other royals also do the botox, rania? Maria Teresa? New generation does pursue surgery more aggressively. I appreciate Queen Elizabeth, or Beatrix's or sofia's wrinkles over silvia's.

Well you are bound to spark huge debate now with a suggestion that M uses Botox! I don't really know properly how you detect this, but I wouldn't have thought M shows sufficient absence of facial expression to really confirm such a suggestion. It would also have to have been very selective in its use on her face, as she quite clearly has lines around her eyes (ie crows feet) when she smiles (as the pictures above show), and these would have disappeared as well had they used Botox in that area.

Gosh, if Mary had used botox, we wouldn't be able to see the very noticeable wrinkles around her eyes!

Personally, I don't think this is the start of a huge debate, only because you can clerly see on the pics that mary does have wrinkles. Am I imagining it? Or does everyone else see Mary's wrinkles as well?

Anyway, here's a picture of Mary to help everyone else decide for themselves:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/dmphotos2/Danes/Mary23.jpg
(saved by Dennism and posted in another thread in this MB ... be sure to enlarge the pic!)....

Mary lived in Australia (was Australian) - and probably spent too much in the sun (like the current miss universe, a 23 year old beauty who also has wrinkles near her eyes) and you can indeed see wrinkles on her face.

Attachments

• ch132063_guest.jpg
    ch132063_guest.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,874
Last edited:
Jasl said:
Gosh, if Mary had used botox, we wouldn't be able to see the very noticeable wrinkles around her eyes!
Botox does not work very well around the eyes, some doectors avoid that area.Best results are shown anywhere on teh face

Botox subject was treathed in many other places of this forum. To me it's an interesting subject and love to know what others do think about it. If there was a seperate thread for that, I would love to post my comments there, but since there isn't, here I post an article about "Aging of the face" and wrinkles ... in http://face-and-emotion.com/dataface/facets/aging.jsp

Apart that "Wrinkles indicate age, and particularly for women, are seen as problematic for beauty and worth eliminating, if possible. One reason for minimizing wrinkling is that youthful women are generally viewed as more attractive by men" ..... To me Mary' face is nice, I consider as well the people living in nordic countries have less wrinkles than people in the south ... "the sun's rays penetrate the skin surface and physically destroy tissues of the skin, which leads to wrinking".

Once I heard that the next revolutions in the coming years are "Medecine and biology" ... and more and more humans are looking for comfort and perfection.

Last edited:
Guess Who said:
Botox does not work very well around the eyes, some doectors avoid that area.Best results are shown anywhere on teh face
Oh is that right? Darn it, and I was so hoping that botox would do the trick! (not that I have much... yet... :) )

But the pictures I included in the post showed mary with wrinkles around her eyes, as well as a link to a pic of her creasing her forehead... so I still really don't buy the "Mary had botox" argument.

IMO the recent pics of Mary at the Heart Association thing showed a beautiful, but also a bit strained princess (probably because she was thinking about her mum), and you can clearly see that she does not have "perfect" skin (nice skin IMO, but not perfect... only fakes are perfect IMO).

[img
Mary23.jpg

Last edited:
Mary doesn't really have bad wrinkles. Some of it could be sun damage, but my guess is it is a lot of genes. I myself am 31 years old and have creases under my eyes and slight ones around my mouth and on my neck. It is genetic. I stay out of the sun religiously b/c I burn so easily. I always wear a hat. I suspect this is just normal ageing for Mary.

What exactly happened with Mary's mother?

lucys said:
I have a stupid question--why do you suppose she wore hats all summer long and now that it's winter time she has rarely worn them? Do I simply not understand the protocol of when hats are a go and when a no-go?
Maybe in the summer the hats were to protect her eyes and skin from the sun...and in the winter there isn't as much sun so the hats aren't necessary? Plus, a winter hat is more to keep your head warm and less to be a flattering fashion accessory...

Mary has certainly done sth with her wrinkles to make them disappear,this pic is the best evidence

Attachments

• dress-2a.jpg
    dress-2a.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 3,494
Well, in the picture, she just got out of the church, where she had some teary moments with Fred. Furthermore this speculation on a few pictures is ridiculous. Why should she use botox, she is only 33. I think this speculation only shows the posters own vanity.

I'd believe that she had botox or cosmetic work done if she didn't have her pre-wedding wrinkles in her face, but she does. The pictures above clearly illustrate that. So unless I can see a marked difference or some concrete evidence that she has had worked done. I won't buy such a theory.:cool:

when you smile and show emotion your lines show... when you dont show emotion the tissue stays nice and ironed out...

Maybe the people working with the photos manipulated with the pictures [eg. removed wrinkles and blemishes] ...

mabye she is using oil of olay... or some radically exprensive foundation....

fromEU said:
Why should she use botox, she is only 33..
the thing with botox is that you dont have to be old or young,it can be used for any age, cause it only lasts for a few months.

or maybe she is just one of those lucky people to have flawless, beautiful skin ^____^

Guess Who said:
the thing with botox is that you dont have to be old or young,it can be used for any age, cause it only lasts for a few months.
If you don't mind me asking :) , do you believe then that Mary is using botox? Its not that I'm even entertaining the possibility, because I don't think Mary has flawless skin... but I just wanted to know where you stand, because your posts implies that you believe Mary is using it, without saying it outright.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I just wanted to know. Thanks. :)

Jasl said:
If you don't mind me asking :) , do you believe then that Mary is using botox? Its not that I'm even entertaining the possibility, because I don't think Mary has flawless skin... but I just wanted to know where you stand, because your posts implies that you believe Mary is using it, without saying it outright.

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but I just wanted to know. Thanks. :)
hmm good question.i dont really know.when i talked about botox its not that i think she had or didnt have it done, its just to make some things clear, casue some people thing that you have to be a certain age to have it done, and that you have to have lots of wrinkles.

About her using it, i get the feeling she has done something to her face, but that dsnt mean botox.if you look at the wedding picture that was posted and another recent picture, there is certainly a difference in her face.she might have just started using the right products or maybe haveing the right facials done

hillary_nugent said:
Maybe the people working with the photos manipulated with the pictures [eg. removed wrinkles and blemishes] ...
The photoagencies(polfoto, colourpress etc.) dont manipulate with the pictures. There are thousends of photos, not only of Mary, but also many other celebrities. Imagine manipulating all of them. It would be too timeconsuming and thereby expencive. Especially when there are many pictures from the same event and they have to look identical. But some magazines may do it, with the pictures they choose to print.

Btw when you smile and evenmore when you grin, there will always be wrinkels. It would be very unnatural if not.

Crownprincess Mary attending the musical Beauty and the Beast in Copenhagen yesterday.

from hellomagazine.com

Princess Mary meets a farytale beast

Denmark's Princess Mary capped off a busy day of engagements by meeting up with a fearsome monster on Thursday. The pretty royal came face-to-face with the horned creature when she went along to the Copenhagen premiere of the musical Beauty And The Beast.

The crown princess obviously knows better than to judge a book by its cover, because she showed no sign of nervousness when the hairy beast came to chat with her. Indeed Mary seemed to be thoroughly enjoying his company, as the two were photographed arm-in-arm at the event.

As anyone familiar with the children's story will already know, the frightening-looking hero is really a gentle prince. And he and his fellow performers must have given quite a show, because they were treated to a standing ovation when the final curtain came down.

Earlier in the day the Mary had a rather more serious engagement, when she took over from her father-in-law, Prince Henrik, as patron of the Danish Heart Association. Cardiac health is an issue of particular significance for the 32-year-old because her mother, Henrietta Clarke Donaldson, died during a heart operation in 1997

The picture of the Crown Princess with the performer who portrayed as the beast was so nice and fun to look at. They were chatting and at the same time enjoying their talk.

I think Crown Princess Mary has greatly improved in all aspects especially as the Crown Princess of Denmark. =)

Nothing wrong with enhancing your beauty like for mary to have a facial or even have a botox. It's the next generation of earth people's forehead that I'm concerned about. They are all so shinny and stiff that I could stamp two veins of hornlike inks that proclaim them alien immigrants from earth. Got the idea from star trek generation. And underneath that shinny foreheads are the eyes bugged with wrinkles, so dismatched. The problem is that it does affect the expression of your face that's why I commented that Mary looked wooden not relaxed as you would think. Theres's no exuberant laughs or deep felt pleasure, just a little smile on the curve of lips, better not fuss with face features. You may say that's serene if you like, and in accord with her majesty margarette's teaching, distance makes beauty. Back to botox, you can't scowl, or move eyebrow closer, the most you can do is open eyes wide and hope it moves the eyebrows a little higher up and that's it. It has nothing to do with eyes at all (risk to eyesights). So it's all on the eyebrows and up, so be your own judge.

lori said:
Nothing wrong with enhancing your beauty like for mary to have a facial or even have a botox. It's the next generation of earth people's forehead that I'm concerned about. They are all so shinny and stiff that I could stamp two veins of hornlike inks that proclaim them alien immigrants from earth. Got the idea from star trek generation. And underneath that shinny foreheads are the eyes bugged with wrinkles, so dismatched. The problem is that it does affect the expression of your face that's why I commented that Mary looked wooden not relaxed as you would think. Theres's no exuberant laughs or deep felt pleasure, just a little smile on the curve of lips, better not fuss with face features. You may say that's serene if you like, and in accord with her majesty margarette's teaching, distance makes beauty. Back to botox, you can't scowl, or move eyebrow closer, the most you can do is open eyes wide and hope it moves the eyebrows a little higher up and that's it. It has nothing to do with eyes at all (risk to eyesights). So it's all on the eyebrows and up, so be your own judge.
If you wish to discuss the effects of botox, you are welcome to start a thread in Chat Chat, otherwise please stay on topic. Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom