Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its really only when you're put in that situation that you'll find out whether you can cope or not. I mean I can imagine Mary as a young girl in Australia reading all the stories on Diana and thinking "geez, if that's what its like being a princess, I don't want to be one".

But as Mary's father said (I think), they're in it for the right reasons, and I think that helps a lot. 'Cause then, you can block out everything else once in a while, all the intrusions, the criticisms etc, and just concentrate on your reason for being there.

can someone post the news from colourpress relating to her friend in australia? i still cant do it!!:-(
thanc in advance

pdas1201 said:
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]
"She is very, very excited about coming back, but quite nervous about it as well," Mary's best friend and bridesmaid Amber Petty told The Sunday Telegraph.

"The last time she was here she was just Mary Donaldson, and now ... she's definitely looking forward to it but it's quite nerve-wracking for her."
[/font]
I really think, that Amber Petty should keep quiet about conversations with Mary. I can't think of any private friend of any other member of the Danish Royal family who makes statements of the royal's thoughts and feelings etc. They may comment on their own feelings, like (an example) "I'm sure looking forward to see Mary as a Princess back in Australia", but that's all, and I think it should stay that way.

If I were Mary, I would sure prefer to speak on my own behalf.

more from the same event:

Attachments

• ch127950_guest.jpg
    ch127950_guest.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 351
  • ch127951_guest.jpg
    ch127951_guest.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 261
  • ch127948_guest.jpg
    ch127948_guest.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 296
I like this color on Mary! I love the outfit, very autumn, and the color is striking when placed and paired with the suit as Mary has done. It's nice to see her in some bright vibrant colors every here and there. It seems most of the Crown Princesses have fallen into the same old "safe" rut when it comes to colors and they all tend to wear brown, beige, grey or black! Bravo on this outfit however!

Chatleen said:
I really think, that Amber Petty should keep quiet about conversations with Mary. I can't think of any private friend of any other member of the Danish Royal family who makes statements of the royal's thoughts and feelings etc. They may comment on their own feelings, like (an example) "I'm sure looking forward to see Mary as a Princess back in Australia", but that's all, and I think it should stay that way.

If I were Mary, I would sure prefer to speak on my own behalf.
I don't see anything wrong with this particular comment. However, if this is just a taste of Amber Petty constantly speaking out on Mary and how she feels and sharing the private conversation tidbits regularly then I will agree with you. She needs allow her private moments with Mary remain just that private.

However, I don't see this as an invasion of privacy yet, and I think if Amber is truly on of Mary's best friends (or close friends) she understands that Mary gets very little private as it is and the important stuff will between the two will remain private.

some more pics...

Attachments

• ch127947_guest.jpg
    ch127947_guest.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 257962_large.jpg
    257962_large.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 713
  • showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    showLayoutImage.pl.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 245
  • 1136020_b.jpg
    1136020_b.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 292
  • 1136019_b.jpg
    1136019_b.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
December 6, 2004: Princess Mary at the Philiips Nordic Prize 2004 for Science at Rikshospital in Copenhagen.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 480
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 424
haha my uncle works with her sisters husband and some other relatives live down the road from her old house hehe

great suit with such a beautiful cut. the hat looks a little fussy from a distance obscuring her face, but up close is quite lovely.

we need a picture to see shoes!

more pics....

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 496
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,944
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 308
Its a nice hat and the color is nice too, but it didnt suite her at all.It covered most of her face up.

Very lovely - except for the hat, I think it clashes in colour with the rest of her outfit...

Like always Mary have a vey original outfit, but very elegant, and the haaaaaaaaaat.......what can i say...simply marveluss!

Thanks for the pics!

Yes what can I say about the hat, simply Horrible:D ;) The colour, the shape and the pattern, her worst hat along with the parlament opening disaster.

GrandDuchess said:
Very lovely - except for the hat, I think it clashes in colour with the rest of her outfit...
from a distance it looked a little odd, but up close you realise it picks out the coloured threads in the beautiful suit

I think I am going to refrain from commenting on the hat.... That should be comment enough!

I love the outfit but the hat I could do without, although it does look decent;) in some pictures. The hat is by Philip Treacy by the way.

I have to agree with Alisa. I think you all are just a tad harsh on the hat. It´s not that bad. I´ve seen better but I´ve seen worse.

I don't really care about the hat, I rarely find hats looking good on anyone.

I really like the outfit with the white pants and the jacket though. The papers said that Mary at that event took the blind girl by the hand and led her, even though it wasn't in the schedule - she is really becoming a wonderful princess, and it seems more and more natural to her.

but it was not the right why to lead a blind, the person who is visally impired should hold the one who leads with a soft tuch at the armbow.

Josefine said:
but it was not the right why to lead a blind, the person who is visally impired should hold the one who leads with a soft tuch at the armbow.
I'm guessing Mary doesn't have to much experience with the blind, so I still find it a very nice gesture. Besides we have only seen pictures of when Mary took the girls hand, maybe she was abble to explain Mary the correct way to lead her.

you are right about that na picture does not show the whole story just a moment

Compiliation of some pics of Mary in the past year, by Colourpress, which they claim to be exclusive.

Anyways, here they are..Enjoy:)

1) Mary at Kolding to visit the victims of the explosion

2) Prince Frederik and Princess Mary receive a deputation from the National Libraries. The National Libraries had a gift for the young couple: A notebook with an 80 Gbyte harddisk filled "internet-impressions", parts of various national and international websites that covered the upcoming royal wedding in Denmark in the weeks up to may 14th, 2004.

3) Princess Mary on her first official duty as Crown Princess. She attended the Danish Championships in Pony Riding in Silkeborg (DK) and awarded the winners their prizes aftwerwards.

4-10) Danish tv-producers JJ Film have made an exclusive tv-documentary about Denmark''s future Crown Princess, Mary Elizabeth Donaldson. Still photographs show some of the highlights of the 1-hour tv documentary.

Attachments

• COLOUR10081781.jpg
    COLOUR10081781.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 980
  • COLOUR10081780.jpg
    COLOUR10081780.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • COLOUR10081779.jpg
    COLOUR10081779.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1,991
  • COLOUR10081778.jpg
    COLOUR10081778.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 409
  • COLOUR10081777.jpg
    COLOUR10081777.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,861
  • COLOUR10081776.jpg
    COLOUR10081776.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,883
  • COLOUR10081775.jpg
    COLOUR10081775.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,903
  • COLOUR10081774.jpg
    COLOUR10081774.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 432
  • COLOUR10081771.jpg
    COLOUR10081771.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 429
  • COLOUR10081770.jpg
    COLOUR10081770.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,844
I love the picture of her hugging the horse, it's absolutely sensational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom